PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Man, I don't know if I was even alive back then, 80's right? My first football game was the Fifa World Cup 98 one on PS1, good, carefree times.

I like FM because the football is being played to a higher level than in PES, even if it's not me playing and it's more of a challenge (and in the right way, too).
It's kinda like a normal video game in the sense that Messi is basically the baddest end boss there is. I play in Spain and every game vs Barca has me trying to pull all the tricks out of my bag just to not lose 4:0... In fact I just lost the Super Cup to them, losing 0:4 away after winning 5:1 at home. It was 0:1 but then the AI subbed in a 32 year old Messi around minute 60 and... :RANT:

I hear you about it being too much, I only play FM classic, never the 'fat' version with all those press conferences and what not.

Hah you haven't lived! In Football Director there used to be just one stat for each player rated between 1-9. They could be trained and they may improve or they would decrease. There was probably only about 100 players in the database but with all four english divisions. You could only edit your own players names. So you would buy someone called Jeffers and then change his name to Lineker. Excellent stuff!

During the match there would just be a digit counting up 1 to 90 and occasionally it would say Tottenham Shoots....
Goal!

Lineker (53)

:APPLAUD:

I think its
Beginner
Regular
Professional
Top Player
Super Star

With increasing level, the AI will become smarter overall, your players and theirs. At least that is my impression. I find that defense works better on Super Star than on Professional but mistakes are also more costly. I haven't played many games, so I wouldn't trust my opinion, though.

Thanks for clarifying that I personally prefer the star ratings so much easier for me to remember.
I have played on the higher ones and then changed to auto shooting and 2 bar passing but got hammered more.

I'm terrible though, you'd learn after five minutes that it's not a good idea to pass me the ball. :D
I play basketball instead, much easier to control and jump shooting is just about the most fun thing there is, can do it for hours.

I'm pretty rubbish too. I used to be ok when I stayed after school with my mates because they were quite average too but once someone good come along I'd go into my shell and forget how to pass :JAY:

Just uploaded an option file to my PS3 for PES2011 but it says it's the wrong version and i can't update my game now as it's not supported :BLEH: ah well that's that then. I may even start a ML on PES 2016... it must be better than watching a digit increasing and text being written... or maybe not :P

Yes I do get the same problem and I have to say that PES 5 was the best for switching manually. You could press L1 (I think) and the cursor would go to each player so quickly. Try 1 bar passing, that's what I've done and I find it less annoying. ;)
yeah it was great in pes 5, no idea why the swtiching doesn't work while attacking in 2013, probably a bug
i thought about 1 bar passing, but it will probably make the game less rewarding. anyway, i think i got used to it a bit more, though occasionally it still annoys me

and to anyone who plays the game on pc, i really reccomend to download camera settings tool and set zoom the way you can see the whole pitch and also set the angle the way it's broadcasted on tv, in a similar way you could set camera angle to 9 in vanilla pes 5. it's really great, you could see all the open channels and be more creative with your passing, also really useful on manual for playing long passes, so you can direct them precisely and not half-blindly like before where you could only see far away players on radar

and regarding the thing when you start to get disappointed with the game and nostalgic for previous titles, i think it's pretty natural. in my case, it's more that i'm fed up with football generally or simulation football as such, you know after playing it consistently for 5+ years, it's not so exciting anymore, be it pes 5 or 2013 or 2016 or any other game. i think you just need to play less, try different settings (match time, different teams etc) for more varied expirience, and be more patient about its shortcomings. it's simple, if you're tired of something, just take a break from it, it's gonna feel better and more fresh afterwards

ai cheats so much on top player it's unbearable. i concede direct fks 4 games in a row from players with rubbish fka. and professional is so easy to score it's boring. just how frustrating that game is

Delete the OPTION.bin, then start the game and set all your settings (sound volume, controller settings, game length, difficulty), then start a game and adjust the camera settings and any other in-game settings. Then quit out to the top menu and alt-tab out and set the new OPTION.bin to read-only.

Now that we mentioned cheating, the above (on PC) is either the best placebo in the world, or it does indeed work.

Great video, really captured the atmosphere of the '78 world cup .. the goal celebrations looked much better than today's Pes.

I might bring Pes 2013 out of the archives.

You should Deco, I'm having a lot of fun with PES 2013 with Matt10's global and gameplay edits tutorial.

PES 2016 is a fun game, but PES 2013 is a real football experience for me

I'm strongly thinking of it elja .. .btw have you given up on Pes 16 master league? ha ha. I'm persisting but both games are heavily scripted and pes 2013 players look like midgets sometimes on the huge pitches.

I'm strongly thinking of it elja .. .btw have you given up on Pes 16 master league? ha ha. I'm persisting but both games are heavily scripted and pes 2013 players look like midgets sometimes on the huge pitches.

Nah m8, I just started a new master league on 2016. I know it's sometimes frustrating with the scripting and lack of fouls, but I like how it plays on full manuals with ronmexico's player and tactic edits. gameplay still not as good as 2013 though.

Nah m8, I just started a new master league on 2016. I know it's sometimes frustrating with the scripting and lack of fouls, but I like how it plays on full manuals with ronmexico's player and tactic edits. gameplay still not as good as 2013 though.

Well I use his tips and a few of the other guys tips on here as well. I tried a few games of Pes 2013 today and then went back to 2016. Pes 16 is miles better, felt like a breath of fresh air Pes 13 felt really limited compared to it.. probably needed a break to appreciate '16 more. There's some random strange stuff in this game . . I misjudged a long pass and it went straight to the opposition keeper deep into the box with everyone else in midfield and he decides to head the fuckin' ball for some strange reason and puts the team under pressure ha ha.

Thanks for the videos. Wow, I cant believe that is '13. Why the heck didn't they just build the foundation with that engine and not the FOX. Liking how it looks in the videos. Also thinking about trying it out, I just don't know if I feel like installing patches and kits and messing with all those files in the PC. But tempting. Also keeping me away is the scripting... I recall 2 broken controllers. Great videos and good game

Well I use his tips and a few of the other guys tips on here as well. I tried a few games of Pes 2013 today and then went back to 2016. Pes 16 is miles better, felt like a breath of fresh air Pes 13 felt really limited compared to it.. probably needed a break to appreciate '16 more. There's some random strange stuff in this game . . I misjudged a long pass and it went straight to the opposition keeper deep into the box with everyone else in midfield and he decides to head the fuckin' ball for some strange reason and puts the team under pressure ha ha.

Yeah true that, sometimes we all just need a break. Every time I have free time, all I want to do is play some PES. One day I picked up my controller, went through the menus and just exit the game, I just didn't feel like playing, after a few days not touching the game, it felt awesome when playing it again.

What I like about 13 is that there are so many fouls, shot and pass errors. I can blast the ball way over the bar which could not happen in 16. What I don't like is mainly the animations that often looks strange and robotic. But overall I really like this game.

awumag.jpg

Yeah true that, sometimes we all just need a break. Every time I have free time, all I want to do is play some PES. One day I picked up my controller, went through the menus and just exit the game, I just didn't feel like playing, after a few days not touching the game, it felt awesome when playing it again.

What I like about 13 is that there are so many fouls, shot and pass errors. I can blast the ball way over the bar which could not happen in 16. What I don't like is mainly the animations that often looks strange and robotic. But overall I really like this game.

awumag.jpg

Don't get me wrong elja Pes2013 is a great game, there's a lot to like about it .. I stopped playing it originally because of the scripting which is as bad in pes16. The first demo of pes13 was brilliant until they changed it for the second demo and game.

Pes 14 was the game I enjoyed the most after patches. .I know most people hated it but I thought it was the way to go instead of trying to copy pes5/6 with 15/16, but here we are now and everyone seems to be back playing pes 13 and Konami couldn't give a damn about pes 16 gameplay.

picked up Pes 2013 again and having a blast. The player ID is mind blowing compared to games nowadays and the game is much closer to a football simulation

I suggest you guys to install a current season patch and play it, you can also find loads of stadiums to download

picked up Pes 2013 again and having a blast. The player ID is mind blowing compared to games nowadays and the game is much closer to a football simulation

I suggest you guys to install a current season patch and play it, you can also find loads of stadiums to download

The only problem I have with player id in PES 2013 is the player speed. They all seem to have the same pace.

The only problem I have with player id in PES 2013 is the player speed. They all seem to have the same pace.

You have a point, but still this problem is so minimal compared to those in todays games ;) The players actually feel and play like their real selves in an amazing way

They do have different speed. The problem is that stupid konami removed acceleration stat. Acceleration is the same for everybody, that's why. Bad thing, really.

Every now and then I decide to re-install PES 2013, and after a few months of fun I uninstall it and delete everything related to it to make room on my HDD. Dumb move, I know.

So I know, it's that time of the year again when I want to give it a go yet again.
Can you guys tell me the best patch? I've been looking around and I've found Marfut, PES Edit 2010 (not official), and SUN PATCH. The three of them look promising. But don't know which one to download, or if there's any other one out there that's better?.

Thanks

Every now and then I decide to re-install PES 2013, and after a few months of fun I uninstall it and delete everything related to it to make room on my HDD. Dumb move, I know.

So I know, it's that time of the year again when I want to give it a go yet again.
Can you guys tell me the best patch? I've been looking around and I've found Marfut, PES Edit 2010 (not official), and SUN PATCH. The three of them look promising. But don't know which one to download, or if there's any other one out there that's better?.

Thanks

I understand what you mean, I just played my first game for a couple of months and had a great game as QPR v Brighton. Finished 2-2 but I scored two fantastic goals from Zamora and Kranjcar. Kranjcar's one was great because he rode 2 challenges and got a shot out from under his feet and into the top corner. It feels so much better to score in this game than 2014-16 because the shooting is quite difficult on manual in 2013.

I can't help you patches though I'm afraid as I'm on PS3.

Thanks

Try one of these:
http://www.pesedit.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?216-Patches

If only I could still play 2vsCPU online PES 2013 I'd still have it installed. 2vsCPU in recent PES games is atrocious. Terrible latency issues, game more or less freezes when the ball goes out of play, you can only play in ONE stadium in the day time. I mean, what? Who in their right mind thought that was a good limitation to force upon the user?

Ok yeh I may give that a go. Thanks for the idea.

Hi klash, yeh on professional. Silly question is top player higher or lower than professional? If higher how come they will be better. I've also got auto sliding on. Sorry you are not able to play the game wish I could help but not great at PC's.

I was hoping to use W!ld editor for PES 2011 but I can't find a PS3 to PC converter. So if I like this game it seems like manual editing will be my hobby for the next year. I really hope they sort out 2016 with a patch.

Heh If we lived local we could just get a ball and meet at the park. :LOL:

Have you an updated option file for pes13 onPS3. If so where did you get it from please.

Have you an updated option file for pes13 onPS3. If so where did you get it from please.

Hi johnking, sorry I completely missed your post hence the late reply. I did have an option file but not anymore I'm afraid as I don't play the game anymore. Maybe try pesgaming or pesfan websites. :))

Still the best football game 'gameplay' of all time, even now!

PES on the ps2 where more 'legendary games' where far better at the time but are way too old now. No freedom in those games anymore which PES 2013

I came back to play this game, still a great game, i enjoy it more than pes 2017...

Actually... come to think about it... PES 2017 does remind me a lot of PES 2013. In the better aspects of it.
Playing it with a zoomed-out-high camera, brings back the smell of PES 2013. Maybe that's why I love PES 2017 so much.

Back
Top Bottom