PES 2013 Discussion Thread

Sounds good.
Newcastle is a team,or any team from the north east really,I go with when I play FIFA.
Something special about those clubs up there,pretty much isolated from the rest of England geographically,and langue wise as well,quite fascinating,lots of their local dialect is based around Swedish/Norwegian.
Maybe that's why I like them.
Either way,good luck mate.
Try , especially when playing ML ,switching between TP and SS,see if you get the same feeling as I have regarding it!

Thats nice man. It gives the game way more appeal when you can relate to certain teams and localities, for me these PES's allow you to give it this added narrative as the game has character in abundance.

IMG_4914.JPG

Why did they do away with manuals? One of the joys of rediscovering this PES is having a manual to refer to for trying out different skills etc, finding about this online is just not quite the same than having a nice little physical booklet to refer to.

Thats nice man. It gives the game way more appeal when you can relate to certain teams and localities, for me these PES's allow you to give it this added narrative as the game has character in abundance.

View attachment 62144

Why did they do away with manuals? One of the joys of rediscovering this PES is having a manual to refer to for trying out different skills etc, finding about this online is just not quite the same than having a nice little physical booklet to refer to.
I deffo miss manuals,for me when that disappeared,pretty similar disappointment to when I started buying CDs over vinyl.
Back to vinyl again btw.

Yeah having some closeness to the team your playing as is great.
I went out of my comfort zone by going Zaragoza this time,shitty and a licensed stadium was why pretty much.
Otherwise it's Milan/Betis/Gladbach/Sunderland/Newcastle for me.

I'm playing this game on PC and I have these horizontal lag I can't explain , every time I get close to the opposition's goal to score it starts these weird horizontal waves like heat propagating from hot asphalt in the summer

Playing on superstar and can't score to save my life. Game does feel a bit scripted, when I'm getting closer to the opposition's box my players just can't get a good first touch on the ball.

Hi, I don't know if it's the right place to ask this a question.

I have PES 2013 with a patch based on PES Edit. I want to insert some stadiums like Parc Olympique Lyonnais because I'm a huge fan of the team.

I've tried to do it with the tool PES 2013 Stadium Files Renamer by arti. But when I convert the stadium from stadium server to kitserver (with this tutorial : ), an error occured with Net Framework and all the unamed.bin files don't come properly.

Does anyone has an alternative solution ? I really want to replace the default stadium like Rose Park Stadium or Ville Marie Stadium :P

Ok so having been playing this again and having had a few requests for Jenkeys gameplay settings, heres mine. I think these play brilliantly but you may want to tweak.

One thing I've noticed is that somewhere along the line, Jenkeys gameplay tool has stopped working, so the app won't run in order to tweak ball speed etc. However if you go to the plugins folder and find the gameplay tool config (basically a txt file of sorts) you can open that an edit values directly.

Heres my settings with explanations:

shot.power=100
Some people have this a little higher but this is the default value and it works well for me, you do get powerful shots with this.

ball.speed=130
I played with this value for ages, 125 was the usual, but 130 is great. Gives the ball a bit of zip and helps eliminate the floating feel in combination with ball weight.

ball.weight=145
This is the most essential value. This gives the ball a very real feeling of weight. The original game felt like you were kicking a balloon, this makes it feel a like a football. This combined with the above makes the game feel like its got a bit of pace, the ball a bit of bounce and makes goals and passing more satisfying.

AI.Slider=1
So the default for this is 0, if you want an easier game of sorts set this and the next two values to 0 and it plays more like the vanilla. This way it gives you a little space on the ball around the CPUs area and the CPU doesn't chase you down as much. With this set to 1 the CPU is much smarter. When you play a ball into the channels the CPU won't wait for you to receive the ball, they will go for the ball. They will close you down and track back. Their forward play is smarter and for me I see much more variety of goals from them. AT 0 they tend to hit weaker shots. This is a challenges and can make the game a bit frantic at times but its good as it makes you switched on with the ball and using it properly.

AI.Level=1
This is almost the same as above and really needs to match the above value. I think this gives the CPU a bit of welly. I play on professional and it seems to work best for that as the CPU will still make mistakes but can play a bit too, rather than just whacking it on top player or superstar for a challenge.

AI.enforce=1
I have this set to 1 too and I'm pretty sure this value gives your team mates a boost too in order to keep things balanced with the CPU.

Motion.speed=102
100 is the default here, i pushed it to 102 as it makes the players motions a bit faster which in turn with the other values makes them more mobile rather than slow and ponderous. It doesn't completely eliminate the feeling of a lack of pace to players but it definitely helps. Just small increases to this value make a big difference.

GK.speed=150
Been playing around with this value and settled on this. Again 100 is default game setting but boosting it gives the keepers more reaction to situations. You can still score long shots, they ant infallible but it helps with the CPUs close range 1-1 efforts.

AI.optimze=1
This adds more player movement, aggressive defence and more general active AI on the pitch.

AI.remove.script=0
Putting this to one, removes the cheating CPU apparently. Cant say I've noticed much but I've kept it off for now. Need to play with it more.

Ball.curve=100
Default value but lowering it and highering it gives more curve to passes. I don't think this needs touching personally, theres lots of curve in the game.

Ball.accuracy=100
I had this at 140 originally, its to help your passing be more accurate, but its too accurate and in football you need that loose passing. I found it more difficult to lay on a pass into space with higher values or just knock the ball into space. So i keep it at default with passing assist off.

Goalnet.rebound=150
I switch between 110,150 and 200 with this value. Makes the ball whip around the net as it make the nets more elastic with the ball. The ball at higher values will fly back out of the net more, at lower values when the ball hits the net it just sits there. I think 110-150 is a good balance as you tend to get the best of both worlds. At default the net is less lively and a bit flat in a lot of scenarios.

Gravity=100
Not touched this, does weird stuff!

Player.match.point=100
I have no idea what this does.

Pass.support=100
Much like ball accuracy this is tied to passing and has the same problems so keep it at 100.

Player.responsiveness=140
Default is 100, i boosted this to 140 and find it excellent. Your players react to situations better and it seems to help eliminate the cheating CPU, where your man just won't react to a stray ball or missus an interception he should get.. It works 95% of the time.

And thats that. Im having a blast on this. Yes the players can feel a little stiff at first as we are so used to the motion capture of today but honestly, this game has so much depth. The players are individual, the teams play a decent tactical game, keepers are good. Yeah the AI cheating sometimes lets it down and the CPU variety of shots (although improved with jenkeys tool), add in the Kitserver stuff, customisation on PC and this is a must have game.

Heres some youtube vids i recorded, quality a bit ropey but hey ho:

Hello. You can replace "Gameplay config.exe" and put the one file from Gameplay Tool version 3.21 and it will open on Windows 10. Btw. I am very interested in editing gameplay, especially for playing against my friends. Anyone also interested in more gameplay tool settings? There is more about this here: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/post-your-gameplay-settings.69357/ ... but the thread is dead.

I've been working on a 2005-06 patch for months, but it's just too much work for one person alone

Yeah, I imagine that. I think these PES 2011, 2012 and 2013 simply are not loved enough, otherwise people would patch them more. Even PES 2013, a fan favorite, has much less material compared to other PES such as 4, 5, 6 and even 2016, 2018, etc. Maybe in the future people give these games more attention, because nowadays mostly any old notebook/pc can play them. Technology evolves and these games are more "basic".

Can anybody tell me how to install this pack? It's just a standard ball pack from the 12/13 season. Took me a while to find but never found any instructions (if anybody needs it let me know). There's some missing balls in kitserver, the specific folder's within the GDB>balls folder are there and named, and they're in the map but it's just a plain ball in game (LFP Maxim ball, UEFA Super Cup ball, Europa League ball to name a few) and I was finally able to find a working download link for this pack but the only instructions are:

"This is a Standard Konami Ballpack. Not for Ballserver. Who uses this pack must delete the folder "balls" in the folder GDB."

PES 2013 Ballpack 1.0 by Ron69

Where does it go? How do I use it? Ok I have to delete balls from GDB but then what? There's no map either, not sure if I need it though, I guess I'll have to do it myself after but I have no clue.

View attachment 86446

I can't download the file, but I guess you simply need to insert these files via the afs2fs module of your kitserver. There's no map because it replaces the default balls.

Hi bros! I was just wondering if you guys could recommend the best graphics mods for PES 2013 for PC? It'd be cool to have a rundown of these mods to apply to my current game.

I'm really enjoying this game but would like to have an improvement on the graphics is possible. Thanks in advance. :TU:

Hi bros, Jenkey's 3.21 gameplay tool is the latest version that is working for windows 10, but when I enter Wide Broadcast camera settings I found online, the result is totally messed up. Do you guys know if there are specific settings for wide broadcast camera for Jenkey's 3.21 version?

Ok so having been playing this again and having had a few requests for Jenkeys gameplay settings, heres mine. I think these play brilliantly but you may want to tweak.

One thing I've noticed is that somewhere along the line, Jenkeys gameplay tool has stopped working, so the app won't run in order to tweak ball speed etc. However if you go to the plugins folder and find the gameplay tool config (basically a txt file of sorts) you can open that an edit values directly.

Heres my settings with explanations:

shot.power=100
Some people have this a little higher but this is the default value and it works well for me, you do get powerful shots with this.

ball.speed=130
I played with this value for ages, 125 was the usual, but 130 is great. Gives the ball a bit of zip and helps eliminate the floating feel in combination with ball weight.

ball.weight=145
This is the most essential value. This gives the ball a very real feeling of weight. The original game felt like you were kicking a balloon, this makes it feel a like a football. This combined with the above makes the game feel like its got a bit of pace, the ball a bit of bounce and makes goals and passing more satisfying.

AI.Slider=1
So the default for this is 0, if you want an easier game of sorts set this and the next two values to 0 and it plays more like the vanilla. This way it gives you a little space on the ball around the CPUs area and the CPU doesn't chase you down as much. With this set to 1 the CPU is much smarter. When you play a ball into the channels the CPU won't wait for you to receive the ball, they will go for the ball. They will close you down and track back. Their forward play is smarter and for me I see much more variety of goals from them. AT 0 they tend to hit weaker shots. This is a challenges and can make the game a bit frantic at times but its good as it makes you switched on with the ball and using it properly.

AI.Level=1
This is almost the same as above and really needs to match the above value. I think this gives the CPU a bit of welly. I play on professional and it seems to work best for that as the CPU will still make mistakes but can play a bit too, rather than just whacking it on top player or superstar for a challenge.

AI.enforce=1
I have this set to 1 too and I'm pretty sure this value gives your team mates a boost too in order to keep things balanced with the CPU.

Motion.speed=102
100 is the default here, i pushed it to 102 as it makes the players motions a bit faster which in turn with the other values makes them more mobile rather than slow and ponderous. It doesn't completely eliminate the feeling of a lack of pace to players but it definitely helps. Just small increases to this value make a big difference.

GK.speed=150
Been playing around with this value and settled on this. Again 100 is default game setting but boosting it gives the keepers more reaction to situations. You can still score long shots, they ant infallible but it helps with the CPUs close range 1-1 efforts.

AI.optimze=1
This adds more player movement, aggressive defence and more general active AI on the pitch.

AI.remove.script=0
Putting this to one, removes the cheating CPU apparently. Cant say I've noticed much but I've kept it off for now. Need to play with it more.

Ball.curve=100
Default value but lowering it and highering it gives more curve to passes. I don't think this needs touching personally, theres lots of curve in the game.

Ball.accuracy=100
I had this at 140 originally, its to help your passing be more accurate, but its too accurate and in football you need that loose passing. I found it more difficult to lay on a pass into space with higher values or just knock the ball into space. So i keep it at default with passing assist off.

Goalnet.rebound=150
I switch between 110,150 and 200 with this value. Makes the ball whip around the net as it make the nets more elastic with the ball. The ball at higher values will fly back out of the net more, at lower values when the ball hits the net it just sits there. I think 110-150 is a good balance as you tend to get the best of both worlds. At default the net is less lively and a bit flat in a lot of scenarios.

Gravity=100
Not touched this, does weird stuff!

Player.match.point=100
I have no idea what this does.

Pass.support=100
Much like ball accuracy this is tied to passing and has the same problems so keep it at 100.

Player.responsiveness=140
Default is 100, i boosted this to 140 and find it excellent. Your players react to situations better and it seems to help eliminate the cheating CPU, where your man just won't react to a stray ball or missus an interception he should get.. It works 95% of the time.

And thats that. Im having a blast on this. Yes the players can feel a little stiff at first as we are so used to the motion capture of today but honestly, this game has so much depth. The players are individual, the teams play a decent tactical game, keepers are good. Yeah the AI cheating sometimes lets it down and the CPU variety of shots (although improved with jenkeys tool), add in the Kitserver stuff, customisation on PC and this is a must have game.

Heres some youtube vids i recorded, quality a bit ropey but hey ho:

Bro, can I apply these settings directly to the gameplay.ini? For some reason the latest gameplay tool is not opening in windows 10. Here is my gameplay.ini with a few modifications based on personal preference.. Wondering if they will work. Thanks! :TU:

1635654188735.png

Last edited:
Wow, this game feels so bad today :D
One dude hosted it in a parsec, and then I installed it to see if it really is that bad !?

I remember that I loved it, I had about 1500-2000 hours of the only master league and co-op with friends! I don't like PES 2014-2017 so I stay on PES 2013 , but it has matured like а milk, unlike PES 6 for example, which, as strange as it sounds, but the things you see and happen on the field, like animations, physics, etc. they have some .... make sense and your brain ties everything together so that it feels normal even if you haven't played it in years PES 6, but here with PES 2013 oh boy... I see so many problems it just makes me cringe.

Last edited:
Some PES 2013 gameplay for anyone interested!

Do you know what gameplay is being used in this video? There are no download links..

Wow, this game feels so bad today :D
One dude hosted it in a parsec, and then I installed it to see if it really is that bad !?

I remember that I loved it, I had about 1500-2000 hours of the only master league and co-op with friends! I don't like PES 2014-2017 so I stay on PES 2013 , but it has matured like а milk, unlike PES 6 for example, which, as strange as it sounds, but the things you see and happen on the field, like animations, physics, etc. they have some .... make sense and your brain ties everything together so that it feels normal even if you haven't played it in years PES 6, but here with PES 2013 oh boy... I see so many problems it just makes me cringe.

PES 2013 is a strange one. Some people absolutely love it, but there are some issues.. I think most of all related to counter-attacks and ball weight. The game to me at least seems a bit too offensively geared, like counters have too much strength, and the ball physics are a bit strange. I've yet to find a gameplay mod for it which addresses the counterattacking problem, it is like the players are too strong in this regard. Also, I find the lighting in PES 2010 and 2011 better than in 2013, the overall atmosphere and pitch I think look better in 2010 and 2011, but maybe there are some more mods I need to look into.

up :))

I think this game is tremendously underrated, at least in some parts of the world, as I know it is played a lot in south america.
In recent months I tried Konami titles, and IMHO this is definitely the one with a more human AI, an excellent response to commands, with the player values always fully respected during the match.
I played a master league season and found the biggest difficulties in the big matches, as it should be.

I could write much more, but I hope before rekindling the discussion and discover that even here there is someone who still enjoys it!

The game is not underrated, I think it is one of the most played and respected, and beloved games in the PES series and it had a long life, until 2015-2016, I personally was a big fan, but it is already hellishly outdated, especially in terms of physics, animations, passes, etc. n.
I've gone back to it a few times over the years but... I wouldn't say I like it, can't cage me anymore, it's even easier for me to go back to PES6 and enjoy it than PES 2013.

The game is not underrated, I think it is one of the most played and respected, and beloved games in the PES series and it had a long life, until 2015-2016, I personally was a big fan, but it is already hellishly outdated, especially in terms of physics, animations, passes, etc. n.
I've gone back to it a few times over the years but... I wouldn't say I like it, can't cage me anymore, it's even easier for me to go back to PES6 and enjoy it than PES 2013.
You're right, perhaps it's better to write forgotten and not underestimated.
It's always rare to find discussions about it, at least here seem to be few users willing to play it again.

If anyone underestimated it at that time, it's definitely me.
I was wary of animations that even to me looked outdated and robotic even then, and I ended up judging it lightly.
Indeed the animations feel the weight of the years. What convinces me of this game is the logic inside the match.
And there would be a lot to write about this and I think I will do it shortly.

It is precisely the great depth of this chapter that convinced me that he must be on the podium, with pes 5 and pes 6 :))

Back
Top Bottom