PES 2014 Appreciation Thread

Asking the same question, I found this elsewhere on the forum:

I've recently re-downloaded PES 2014 and was looking at option files to add to the experience but due to Konami turning the servers off, I can't download the latest patch so I'm stuck on v1.07 (can't remember what Data Pack that is), it's before the DLC for the 2014 World Cup at the minute.

Is there anywhere online to find it or a way of downloading it from the PSN store servers?

I'm in this boat. Am I stranded?

I have the latest Data Pack on PS3 (without World Challenge mode) but a jailbroken PS3 is needed for installing the Data Pack.
I am going to repack it if someone need it here. :))
(I am not going to suggest pirating games but it is the only way to get the data pack on the PS3 nowadays, and I personally doing it with a legal copy of the game. If this post break the forum rules, please delete it...)

Last edited:
I have the latest Data Pack on PS3 (without World Challenge mode) but a jailbroken PS3 is needed for installing the Data Pack.
(I am not going to suggest pirating games but it is the only way to get the data pack on the PS3 nowadays, and I personally doing it with a legal copy of the game. If this post break the forum rules, please delete it...)
No rules broken - we're here to discuss the games of the past and if this is the only way to do it, then we have little choice. We're enthusiasts and we're not making any money from it.

No rules broken - we're here to discuss the games of the past and if this is the only way to do it, then we have little choice. We're enthusiasts and we're not making any money from it.

I'd really like the World Challenge mode if possible after Chris's rave reviews but if that's not doable, so be it.

One assumes information on jailbreaking a PS3 is against the forum's terms so I'll investigate that myself. But I would like to install further updates so I'll keep my eyes peeled here!

I can't really think of another video game series especially an annual sports franchise that as so many games that are panned on release yet better appreciated in hindsight than PES. There's franchises that release timeless hits or games that are categorically eternally bad games but with PES, Games like PES 2008, PES 2014, The PS2 ports of 08-13, The Wii versions of 12 & 13... Are actually objectivley good football games when not observed through the lends of series fatigue and rather in retrospect.

I've alway sung from the rooftops the fine points of PES 2014 as the lost prototype for the purest football sim, Cosmetics and polish aside, We'd never see brutally scientific simulation from a footballing game again. Even though PES 5 is considered one of the best football sim's - It's still a juxtaposition of artistic interpretation, realistic psychology and arcade accessibility.

PES 2014 was probably the closest we'd get to Gran Turismo football and if only it came out a year later with this vision and the professional quality of PES 2015, Who knows. It pretty much was an experimental game. The last time Konami would flirt with faithful recreations of the fundamentals of football before settling into the cut throat business first direction of online centric game play instead.

Despite being a part of the Fox engine family of PES games, As @Chris Davies mentions, It seems to nail mechanics and trivial things far better then it's most contemporary cousin. I've been balls deep in PES 2020 for a series of mine and coming off of retro PES which i've honestly haven't been frustrated by in my entire pilgrimage, In PES 2020 I've never swore so much at a game, Every fixture.

What is this - This bizzare regression in Konami's sequels we've come to accept over the last 20 years? Why is defending so much more acceptable and appropriate in 2014? Why is there a midfield and it's battles but it's not there in 2020? Where did half of the animations go?
Can't we raise a kickstarter or something? if 100.000 Pes fans all over the world donate 100 euro. Then Konami can build a 10 million game without licenses. And after the release the kickstart community works on the option files. I'm still dreaming that one day we can see a good Pes game again.

My personal experience with Pes:
We don't have a playstation at home so I can only play Fifa on the computer and after a couple of games you know all the tricks. But then Pes releases Pes 3 for the PC it was an unbelievable difference. After something like one year of playing I was still scoring goals I haven't ever scored before. And the feeling of control was unbelievable.

Can't we raise a kickstarter or something? if 100.000 Pes fans all over the world donate 100 euro. Then Konami can build a 10 million game without licenses. And after the release the kickstart community works on the option files. I'm still dreaming that one day we can see a good Pes game again.
Just saying, but KONAMI's revenues amounted to $2,370,000,000 in 2019. I don't think they need my 100 bucks on top of that.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...njoys-fifth-consecutive-year-of-profit-growth

Can anyone tell me if pes14 pc version runs as smooth as butter on a decent games machine? From memory, it never ran smooth for me... ie id always get odd stutter. Pes18 19 and particularly 20 have been running so well on my machine (1080p at 60fps) where i can actually run Nvidia experience in background recording 60fps video clips of gameplay without any problem.... Not with the actual game anyways..

Also.. I still have thw we2014 AS Japanese version.. Forgot what the a s stood for.. But wasnt this considered the best most complete version of pes/we2014?

Oh here is a tip from memory.. Play in free training mode.. 11v11...shows how good this game really is gameplay wise... So much more responsive than Exhibition mode.. Must be the added memory/processing taken up from crowd or ai scripting.. Who knows... But for this reason i spent countless hours simply playing in free training mode.. Felt so good at the time.. 😉💪

Can anyone tell me if pes14 pc version runs as smooth as butter on a decent games machine? From memory, it never ran smooth for me... ie id always get odd stutter. Pes18 19 and particularly 20 have been running so well on my machine (1080p at 60fps) where i can actually run Nvidia experience in background recording 60fps video clips of gameplay without any problem.... Not with the actual game anyways..

Also.. I still have thw we2014 AS Japanese version.. Forgot what the a s stood for.. But wasnt this considered the best most complete version of pes/we2014?

Oh here is a tip from memory.. Play in free training mode.. 11v11...shows how good this game really is gameplay wise... So much more responsive than Exhibition mode.. Must be the added memory/processing taken up from crowd or ai scripting.. Who knows... But for this reason i spent countless hours simply playing in free training mode.. Felt so good at the time.. 😉💪

It runs super smooth on mine in play, the only weird exceptions being goal kicks it kind of stutters. Other than that oddity though all of the other in game moments are super smooth. Replays are still a bit jerky but I think that is the engine or FPS rate or something as it happens everytime.

Hope that helps?

Played quite a few games tonight,after scrapping/putting away that horrible PS3 and starting fresh on my Xbox 360 I really like this game again,yeah graphics being shite etc,but I really love this gameplay.

Hi can anyone upload for me English or Japanese commentary for this game? Thanks a lot

Also please upload a option File editor for this game. And is it possible to convert stats from older games (PES 13) to this?

Someone asked about option files on Twitter, so I pointed them to this: https://www.we-brothers.net/pes-2014-ps3-pauls-option-file/

Don't know if it's any good, but given that it was released after PES 2015 was released, I imagine it's as up-to-date as you'll be able to find!

However - the data pack issue complicates things. With the servers being off, if you haven't already got the data packs downloaded, you won't be able to download them again (and I imagine you need the last data pack to use that file, if it's any good).

I think the only way to get your game updated is try to buy Winning Eleven 2014 Blue Samurai no Chosen
61dO0-bIBeL._AC_SX425_.jpg

As an ex-fan/supporter of PES 2014, i'll say my opinion.

PES 2014 was astonishing to look at, but not to play.
It was a tech-demo, focusing on demostrating what this engine can do.
To me it had the best photorealistic lighting, ball was very realistic (but again very simple in terms of physics) and most of animations was life-like.

But actual playing was somewhat a chore. The simple task of dribbling with a ball was so clunky, passing was very inconsistent (no, it was not the realistic error), player awareness was really, reaaaally bad.
Players were just a moving library of animations, game did not have tension, and it was full of bugs and animation glitches.

So, believe me, from a psychological aspect the only reason you like PES 2014 today is because it feel just different to PES 2020.
It happen to me ALL THE TIME, every year, every May/June im feeling fed up with the current title and i try older titles, and i DO like them for about 1-2 months max.
For example this year i appreciate and love PES 2018.
Last summer i was fed up with PES 19 and i was playing FIFA 19
The other year i was fed up with PES 2018 and i was playing PES 2011,
And so on...

We are just craving for something different, its like when you reminisce and sigh for an old girlfriend, but when you do meet her again or even have sex with her, all this feeling is gone instantly.

TL;DR
PES 2014 was a beautiful tech demo and had nothing to offer in terms of playability.

As an ex-fan/supporter of PES 2014, i'll say my opinion.

PES 2014 was astonishing to look at, but not to play.
It was a tech-demo, focusing on demostrating what this engine can do.
To me it had the best photorealistic lighting, ball was very realistic (but again very simple in terms of physics) and most of animations was life-like.

But actual playing was somewhat a chore. The simple task of dribbling with a ball was so clunky, passing was very inconsistent (no, it was not the realistic error), player awareness was really, reaaaally bad.
Players were just a moving library of animations, game did not have tension, and it was full of bugs and animation glitches.

So, believe me, from a psychological aspect the only reason you like PES 2014 today is because it feel just different to PES 2020.
It happen to me ALL THE TIME, every year, every May/June im feeling fed up with the current title and i try older titles, and i DO like them for about 1-2 months max.
For example this year i appreciate and love PES 2018.
Last summer i was fed up with PES 19 and i was playing FIFA 19
The other year i was fed up with PES 2018 and i was playing PES 2011,
And so on...

We are just craving for something different, its like when you reminisce and sigh for an old girlfriend, but when you do meet her again or even have sex with her, all this feeling is gone instantly.

TL;DR
PES 2014 was a beautiful tech demo and had nothing to offer in terms of playability.
what applies to both, the video game and the girlfriend: full manual is the way to go! ;)

Players were just a moving library of animations
This describes what I hate about all football games. They might have sped them up or added a few more animations in recent years, but it's still the same feeling. Even PES 2020 still has canned animations for players falling when they get fouled...

Last edited:
Still playing and still really enjoying it - considering switching to a DP7-compatible patch. I might even take a leaf out of @MafiaMurderBag's book and do some kind of "Road to World Cup" YouTube series, that's how much I'm enjoying it.

I feel like I have to stress that it's not perfect each time I post about it... Catch-up is a big issue, dribbling isn't fluid, and although it's far more responsive than it was at release it still has moments (especially when trying to defend). For example, when you try to press someone and the animations are such big, slow strides in the directions you're pushing, that the opponent just walks past you easily.

But you know what other game has that problem? PES 2020. (As I said in the first post, I'm honestly shocked at how little the game has moved on since then - you can "feel" when maneuvering players just how closely related 2014 and 2020 are in certain places.)

The thing I love most is knowing that it's going to be difficult playing tough teams, and easier playing relegation-fodder. That's SUPER basic, right? But neither PES 2020 or FIFA 20 manage this. How weird is that?

I played (as Fulham vs) Norwich, who were at the foot of the table, and before the game I had to rotate the squad (and it's nice to have to do that). I put on a few kids in key positions and I thought to myself, "well we're losing this match for sure".

I scored from a lovely passing move after 15 minutes, then got my LB sent off after 30 minutes, who just didn't quite reach the ball with a lunging tackle. In the modern games, how often do you mistime a tackle? How often do you get a red card yourself? Barely happens. I was really shocked!

I spent the rest of the game defending for my life but even then, they were toothless - until the 80th minute, when I conceded a really harsh penalty. Double-tapped X to tackle and just didn't have the right angle, and ended up tripping their striker.

Thankfully, he blasted it over the bar and we held on to win 1-0 - but all of this stuff feels fresh, and missing from the modern games.

Okay... Of course it will feel different, because it's a game I've not played in ages - like @el niche said on page one, the AI will do "new" things and after a while, those things become just as repetitive as the moves from the modern games.

But that doesn't change the fact that I've been awarded (and have conceded) penalties, I've genuinely not had the scripting kick in (yet), I've been surprised by the AI's movement (both positively in terms of the variety in their decisions, and negatively in terms of the occasional run-out-of-play)...

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it - it's somewhere between classic PES gameplay that's on rails, and modern PES gameplay that has more freedom. It's neither completely stiff nor completely free, with a clear focus on realism and grinding your way up the pitch. Phwoar.
Hello mate about catch-up nesa released a tool that remove the bug

@Chris Davies Hi mate, the PES 2014 you uploaded via Google Drive; did you have a copy of the game and upload it? Or did you find the full version online?

I'm asking because I have PES 2008, 10, 11, 12, 13 all on Disk for PC, so maybe everyone could go back and try the older PES games as well as 2014? That's, of course, there is a way to make it work from a Disk to an online file.

@Chris Davies Hi mate, the PES 2014 you uploaded via Google Drive; did you have a copy of the game and upload it? Or did you find the full version online?

I'm asking because I have PES 2008, 10, 11, 12, 13 all on Disk for PC, so maybe everyone could go back and try the older PES games as well as 2014? That's, of course, there is a way to make it work from a Disk to an online file.
You can make the discs for those games into ISO files which you can then mount as a "virtual drive" and install the game from.

I'm not sure what software is best for it - there are plenty of free options out there if you Google "make ISO from disc"!

Theoretically retro it's every game before the current one as Rocky said, even tho like Chris I've always found more appropriate to talk from Hyper Soccer to 2013, but it's just my personal take.

Anyway, 2014 is such a particular title, even if kinda half cooked. Everytime a discussion about it arises, I can't help but wondering what would have been if they builded upon it.
Think I'll give this another try (on Xbox360) as I've lost interest in enduring the perpetual cheating that is PES2020.

I barely played PES during the PES12-16 era - I was either playing FIFA online or nothing, so there are probably bits of gold that I completely missed first time round.

I did have a trip down memory lane last Christmas holidays and had a quick play of all the PES games from 11-16 and I recall being surprised and dismayed at how some aspects of the game were so much better back then. Was it PES11/12 that had much better gfx than all of its successors until about 2019.......stadium creator was available in quite a few of the editions.......interesting and useful tactical options that have been binned...... the ability to assign various chants to teams.... so much good content that they just binned.

does any one know how to convert pes 5 option file into winning eleven 9 option file, ps2

Ahhhh, just saw this thread and flew over all 6 pages.

I liked PES 2014 and was impressed from the step up off PES 2013. Tbh (hate me now), I wasn´t such a big fan of PES 2013.
When I saw the first gameplay vids of 2014, I loved the fluid lifelike animations of the players the most and had very high hopes for this release.

When it came out, I enjoyed it quite a bit, but the flaws as the catch up bug, limited long shots, fouls being called on every push, the whole squad being offside too many times etc. haven´t outdone those great animations and ball physics to the fullest.
That´s why I haven´t played it for that long as I did with PES 2011, 2017 - 2020.

I loved the body-shift feature too and hoped for a developement in that section for the next release.

With the latest patches a few of them bugs habe been fixed, but it always felt unfinished...bad optimized.

I really liked the direction they intended to go with that, but the catch up bug and the missing long shots have been a killer for me.
Other than that, it felt great.

That´s why I had high hopes for 2015 and hoped they´re gonna build on that, build on body shifting and just iron out the flaws with that built.

When 2015 came out, I was mad disappointed....it didn´t feel like 2014 at all, specially ball physics.....horrible.....steelcage nets....I absolutely hated it, which made me skip 2015 and 2016 and move over to the other footy game.

I remember the reviews of the tournament players, that bashed 2014 to the fullest and said that it was too unresponsive and player switching doesn´t work etc.
Tbh I never had any problems with that, but player switching and responsiveness became better after some patches.

But they got rid of the bodyshifting feature and kind of killed the base.....I don´t know....PES 2015 onwards felt so different to me.

Best thing you can do is:

> Download all the DPs and patches in one from here (but don't apply them yet)

> Take your pick of the patches...

(The easiest to install is Fire Patch, which has loads of faces, stadiums and is updated to the 14/15 season. It is also compatible with the final update, 1.16, and DP7 which contains the World Challenge / Road to World Cup mode.)

USE THE FOLLOWING LINKS FOR INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ONLY (NOT FOR DOWNLOADING)

>> Fire Patch 2014 AIO 6.0
>> PES Galaxy 2014 3.0 (with this bonus stadium pack)
>> PESEdit 4.4

For PESEdit 4.4, you need to extract each DP in order and then stop at 6.0 - because it doesn't support 7.0 (and doesn't come with an EXE that can even access the content in there, i.e. the Road to World Cup style mode).

The others support 7.0. (Also, you shouldn't need to bother with the updated EXEs as each patch should come with its own. But, always read the instructions!)

USE THE FOLLOWING LINKS TO DOWNLOAD YOUR CHOSEN PATCH

Fire Patch 2014 Datapack Installer
(Only download one of these links)

Fire Patch 2014 6.0 AIO + 6.1 Update Installer

PESGalaxy 2014 3.0 Installer
(Download one set, then the fix at the end, and the optional stadium pack)

UPTOBOX

SHAREMODS

MIRRORED.TO

PESGalaxy 2014 3.0 Fix Installer

PESGalaxy 2014 Stadium Pack
(Download one set)

UPTOBOX

SHAREMODS

MIRRORED.TO

PESEdit 4.4 Installer

Away you go.

Brilliant work on this. Installed everything, just a little confused on where to place or install the catch up bug remover?

Back
Top Bottom