PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Clubs mode the 11 vs 11 mode like Legends was 4 vs 4 in Pes?

Not so funny, to be honest. Too confusing, the best online multiplayer is 2vs2 or 3vs3 at best.

BFPUcS6CIAAOvna.jpg:large

Just a stab in the dark: but surely a ground upwards approach is required here; the fundamentals, the very foundations of the game such as the A.I (at a very base level) need to sorted and honed first. You come to rely on the A.I (your team mates)offline or online. Just a thought!

totally disagree...
i don't give a s**t about single player part of the game. The football games, basically sports games are all about online and multiplayer experience.
All this 6 years , Konami thought like you, that why now they have just 10 % of the football games market .

sports games are for single player. or single player with friends at home on couch like nikola said.

most of us here don't care abut multiplayer. we all want excellent single player pes.

face it.

sports games are for single player. or single player with friends at home on couch like nikola said.

most of us here don't care abut multiplayer. we all want excellent single player pes.

face it.

Who say that !? You are not " most " . Then most of us don't care what do you care or don't care!

Last edited:

face it.

LOL, in which year are you? Ignorance is bliss.

face it.

Partly, but to have a good online component is expected in modern and surely in next gen gaming. Pes has failed at 'next gen' during the whole xbox 360/ps4 stage in reality. 8 years working on it almost and there hasn't been real progress, what we got this year in pes should have been delivered in at least 2009, that's how far back it is to me, i play pes from time to time for single player but i'm finding it hard to get fun out of pes and i've tried to stick with it but every year it's making me lose more interest.

fifag.png
pesu.png

90 % of my old PES friends are now buying to play FIFA just for online modes like CLUBS and UT .No matter that FIFA is a action not sports game :D

Yeshua! That sort of performance could put many companies out of business. The Konami PES division must have very low overhead.

So its better to have "shitty" gameplay with good online mod,than good gameplay with shitty online mod?

Gameplay is on first place,i even dont care about licences just hoping for awesome game.

Nowadays Konami have to deliver both decent gameplay and online modes. If they aren't capable, then they are out of market.

People play FIFA cause it's a fun online experience, has lots of game modes and thousands of licences. Their audience don't care that much about realism. They just want to emulate what their favourite players or clubs do every weekend.

So its better to have "shitty" gameplay with good online mod,than good gameplay with shitty online mod?

Gameplay is on first place,i even dont care about licences just hoping for awesome game.

To have good online, gameplay must be good, that's common knowledge, you can't have terrible gameplay and good online, especially in a sports game.

Online is as important as Offline. FIFA has over 10,000 Pro Clubs on PC and 20k+ steady server population and this is all because of the good online connection and modes. 85% of the people playing FIFA, bought the game because of the Online.

PES 6 had one of the best online experiences for it's generation and that made a complete package for the game.
PES must have this package, so it can be appealing for the masses. It is normal, for people to have different taste, but for the game to be successful it has to have "The Complete Package."

Anytime I've ever selected multiplayer from a games menu (which hasn't been a lot to be honest) it always seems like I've ventured into an immature, hostile and racist warzone where the gentleman gamer is a pariah. Can't see how that's worth anyone time let alone the game developer's.

Both are important: online for the market and a great offline experience for the hardcore pes fans that have loyalty to Konami despite all these troubling years PES series has passed through.

Look at those sales numbers, they are depressing and they make me a bit sad. A very good and solid online eperience is essential to make PES at least competitive to the market, it's not just the new engine, new tech and etc. It doesn't need to sell as good as Fifa, but at least being competitive and more relevante to the market.

Last edited:
I know Club Mode is fun as hell but gameplay is fundamental no doubt. The same in car. Engine is fundamental. Online modes is very important too but compare gameplay to modes in game is ridiculous.

what good is a car with the best engine but no wheels?

For me Konami should focus solely on the AI and gameplay. FIFA has and will have always won the online battle.

Konami don't have the resources/skill to everything to everyone. FIFA has won the casual gamer, and the online gamer. But there's still a massive opportunity for Konami to go back to being the 'hardcore' or 'realistic' choice for the millions of gaming footie fans out there.

To those who say offline modes are in the past and it's all about online these days.....go play NBA2K13.

IMO its not a good sign when someone buys a sports game and only plays online. A strong offline experience (gameplay, game modes) is the best platform for online aslong as the gameplay is the same.

I've been playing NBA 2K since 2K7, the offline gameplay is so strong (custom sliders) that I've probably played about twenty online games total during that period. I don't know how to explain it.

I want the best of both worlds, its not too much to expect Konami (and others) to deliver.

face it.

Most of who ? You and your 2 friends ?
PES is loosing competition vs FIFA just because of nonexistence of quality online modes, especially Clubs, the same way NHL 2k lost vs EA NHL because of online.

Milions of customers buy FIFa cause of great online experience, not beacuase of gameplay, thats a fact.

To those who say offline modes are in the past and it's all about online these days.....go play NBA2K13.

Thats just thinking that got PES serie to the point where it is now, 90 % of former fans dont care about this game anymore, I wonder myself why i am wasting time here, oh wait because PES 2014 is last chance for Konami win back people like me.

I ll be playing FIFA clubs while waiting, anyone game ?

Clubs in FIFA is only as fun as how your teammates/friends play. If you don't have the 10/11 people (GK not necessary), the AI completely takes you out of it after a few games. If you do have the people to complete the team, then you have to be organized or else everyone from the midfield up will run forward like headless chickens. This leaves only the defensive line in tact, and that rarely happens, as people playing RB and LB are constantly moving forward too.
That being said, it is a mode that is needed in PES.

Online is an important part of most video games now, and apart from shooters, sports games is were it is most important. Those who say it isn't are living in the past. However, without a good singleplayer (gameplay), online looses it's appeal very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom