PES 2014 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? I downloaded on 20/5/2018 and it worked for me. I'll pm you the link. Also as the most links are dead i skipped some other DLCs, dont remember which one,but the PTE patch seems to work fine until now.It took me 2 weeks to make it run properly.Despite the hole process was a pain in my @$$
For me when I try to download each part, they don't correspond to the numbers - i.e. link #1 is file #3 - and I don't think they're all there... :( Could be wrong but with all the really dodgy popups I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a virus anyway...

For me when I try to download each part, they don't correspond to the numbers - i.e. link #1 is file #3 - and I don't think they're all there... :( Could be wrong but with all the really dodgy popups I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a virus anyway...
As i told you in the PM, i'm from my jobs network which has many limitations to sites and ip's and i downloaded it.I know it seems risky but since i did it from job that has limited internet access and no anti-virus protection with no harm at last, i assume it is "safe" :CONF:. If you don't want to risk, i'll try to upload them tommorow from my home's personal PC.
For the last part of your message, as it took me 2 weeks to make pes2014 work!!! i would be glad to help anyone i can to run the game properly and avoid all the mess i felt until i "fix" it.

P.S.: KONAMI should have an e-shop,even charging extra money to us,that it would contain every dlc from past games.So we could avoid all this mess and they can earn some "easy money".

You were right - once I'd navigated through all those awful links, the files are all there. Just in the wrong order...

Thank you!

Well, I got it all set up... Downloaded the PESEdit 4.4 patch for it too, which is fantastic.

I am 90% sure the delay is improved compared to the PS3 version - which makes it playable - but there are so many long-running animations which lead to completely frustrating moments.

I had the ball on the edge of the opponent's box, and just trying to turn 180 degrees resulted in this "uninterruptable" knock-ahead animation that ended at the penalty spot, where the goalkeeper could just collect the ball from my feet.

I installed PES 2013 at the same time, for nostalgia's sake, and immediately felt comfortable with it. Very attacking - probably too much so - but the feel of it is right. A real classic.

I'll keep playing it tonight and see if I can get to a point where I enjoy it!

Hey Chris, 13 it is indeed the last most complete one.
And it even had sliders from Jenkey ie for shot speed and accuracy.

Btw what i didnt like exactly what you mentioned...it is end to end. No matter what tactic you set up the cpu is just bombing forward. Klash or Matt mentioned it somewhere that it can be somehow set up that it plays possession game but i just couldnt manage to do it. If you ever...let me know!

Hey Chris, 13 it is indeed the last most complete one.
And it even had sliders from Jenkey ie for shot speed and accuracy.

Btw what i didnt like exactly what you mentioned...it is end to end. No matter what tactic you set up the cpu is just bombing forward. Klash or Matt mentioned it somewhere that it can be somehow set up that it plays possession game but i just couldnt manage to do it. If you ever...let me know!

PES 2012 is kind of similar to PES 2013 and isn't as end-to-end. Try it out.

Well, I got it all set up... Downloaded the PESEdit 4.4 patch for it too, which is fantastic.

I am 90% sure the delay is improved compared to the PS3 version - which makes it playable - but there are so many long-running animations which lead to completely frustrating moments.

I had the ball on the edge of the opponent's box, and just trying to turn 180 degrees resulted in this "uninterruptable" knock-ahead animation that ended at the penalty spot, where the goalkeeper could just collect the ball from my feet.

I installed PES 2013 at the same time, for nostalgia's sake, and immediately felt comfortable with it. Very attacking - probably too much so - but the feel of it is right. A real classic.

I'll keep playing it tonight and see if I can get to a point where I enjoy it!

Doesn't PESEdit's patches include Konami's official patches and DLC's anyway? Or is it just for this game you have to install them yourself? I hate downloading anything from PES-Patch with a passion, it's a complete and utter farce with the torrent of Pop-ups and ads you must wade through for the sake of a single file.

Despite being released as badly unfinished, the game had a lot of promise and when I first played that famously leaked PS3 Demo, I thought to myself "This is it, this is going to be the perfect football game!"

Players and the ball had weight and inertia, the mass system was introduced, sophisticated trick stick and finally a collision engine as well as the visual upgrade. Shame about a lot of the player faces being an embarrassment at release.

Something else I seem to remember was that it was near impossible to score from range, there just wasn't enough shot power to beat the keepers from distance?

Doesn't PESEdit's patches include Konami's official patches and DLC's anyway?
Yeah, I didn't realise this until I'd spent literally 2-3 hours downloading them all from PES-Patch and potentially riddling my PC with viruses... It's not just pop-ups, they're really dodgy. 58 blocks and warnings from my anti-virus by the end of the night.

Something else I seem to remember was that it was near impossible to score from range, there just wasn't enough shot power to beat the keepers from distance?
Yeah, I'm seeing that. I also feel like you have to play a certain way to create chances - I'm having to keep the ball for a fairly long time and wait for an intelligent run, there's no playing on the counter for example.

Played a few different teams - who do seem to have their own styles even if they're not really accurate, e.g. Hull were passing it around patiently, Man United were throwing men forward - but I could only make chances (as Liverpool) by playing slow, careful football, which seems wrong.

May just be because I'm not used to the game yet, but given how long some of the animations are and how frustratingly easy it is to give away possession, I don't know if I'll be playing it for long enough to get used to it...

I dont remember if Chris has mentioned it in retro-corner or someone else,but it seems impossible for me to build up more than 3 passes from my box to midfield. I have similar problem in pes 13 but in 14 seems more difficult. I play superstar/PA1 and it seems that the timing that passes are registered as assisted or being semi-manual is pretty random.

I think PES 2014 PC has no delay, but the game system that makes you think you have a delay. The M.A.S.S. feature itself describes the ability for you to control the "stability of the player's movement," so sometimes it may seem frustrating for the ball to escape, or you can not give a pass or even a rebound. This game so far has been the only one to have literally the ability to control real and barycentric physics found in real life. I think it will take a few decades to come up again because the community response was horrible, because it leaves some of the essence of the franchise that would be the PES 6 ~, which is a fast gameplay and animations without enough frames, but which provided an immediate arcade fun. Pes 2014 is also a real physics simulator of racing and ball fighting with animations and organic graphics. The difficulty in making plays needing to obey the physics of the human body, and that is what makes it fun and challenging. PES 2015 until PES 2019 was the response to community nostalgia for PES 6, a fast, raw gameplay that provides immediate amusement with "photographed" animations. I wonder if things had been conducted differently by Konami, we would have a continuity of all these features of PES 2014 presented at the time by Kei Masuda, I dare say that today we would have an incredibly realistic and organic PES 2019, such as the PES 4 intro.

I think PES 2014 PC has no delay, but the game system that makes you think you have a delay. The M.A.S.S. feature itself describes the ability for you to control the "stability of the player's movement," so sometimes it may seem frustrating for the ball to escape, or you can not give a pass or even a rebound. This game so far has been the only one to have literally the ability to control real and barycentric physics found in real life. I think it will take a few decades to come up again because the community response was horrible, because it leaves some of the essence of the franchise that would be the PES 6 ~, which is a fast gameplay and animations without enough frames, but which provided an immediate arcade fun. Pes 2014 is also a real physics simulator of racing and ball fighting with animations and organic graphics. The difficulty in making plays needing to obey the physics of the human body, and that is what makes it fun and challenging. PES 2015 until PES 2019 was the response to community nostalgia for PES 6, a fast, raw gameplay that provides immediate amusement with "photographed" animations. I wonder if things had been conducted differently by Konami, we would have a continuity of all these features of PES 2014 presented at the time by Kei Masuda, I dare say that today we would have an incredibly realistic and organic PES 2019, such as the PES 4 intro.
I think it is not just about delay. I am a manual player and in this game it s extremely difficult to pass the ball at some specific angles. An I am not talking about 100+ angles but more about 45 which should not be particularly difficult when not pressed. I noticed that this manual passing difficulty varies with the camera you play with. I am Player camera player and passing is nearly impossible with the player2 camera. Aside of that after one day of playing this game I started to see familiar patterns un the cpu approch of the offensive side of the game (kind of things you would see in 17 or 18). This pattern type of play remains to be seen for me with 13 for example. Could the fox engine have introduced that?

I've seen CPU patterns in many games after 2014 indeed, but I still fail to see it in 2014 (mind you, I'm not saying it's not there).

I hate the way the CPU goes too often for a finesse shot at the bottom far corner in PES 2015 (despite building up in different ways depending on the team tactics, credit put where credit is deserved) and in PES 2016 (somehow it got "fixed" during the PES 2016 lifecycle as with the latest patch I feel the CPU is more varied while attacking).

I hate how the CPU in PES 2018 almost always tries to lob the ball to the winger (again, is it me or the occurrence of this behaviour has been altered with the latest patch?), I hate when the CPU unnecessarily does it in PES 2017 (it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens and at times you would just say "but why?" because you see that the CPU had better options than that).

At least, are these the "patterns" you refer to?

Great post. This also makes me really want to install the game again and play some for old times sake. In hindsight the game has a little bit of a PES 2008 reputation for being a poor game however I disagree. This game was pioneering compared to PES '08.

Is '14 a really good game? Probably not but it's definitely not bad. I think the problem is that it was rushed. they should've held off the fox engine until at least '15 a '14 was seriously unfinished across the board.

However the sentiment was there, this was the closest we could've gotten to a pure simulation direction for the series and imagine what kind of game PES 2019 could've been had they sustained the philosophy of MASS and the rules of player physics and timing. Instead going off of what we know about '18 and what we've seen of '19 so far, it's still a case of ping ponging and a game that still passes, crosses and shoots effectively regardless of the context of the players body positioning.

I've seen CPU patterns in many games after 2014 indeed, but I still fail to see it in 2014 (mind you, I'm not saying it's not there).

I hate the way the CPU goes too often for a finesse shot at the bottom far corner in PES 2015 (despite building up in different ways depending on the team tactics, credit put where credit is deserved) and in PES 2016 (somehow it got "fixed" during the PES 2016 lifecycle as with the latest patch I feel the CPU is more varied while attacking).

I hate how the CPU in PES 2018 almost always tries to lob the ball to the winger (again, is it me or the occurrence of this behaviour has been altered with the latest patch?), I hate when the CPU unnecessarily does it in PES 2017 (it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens and at times you would just say "but why?" because you see that the CPU had better options than that).

Yes they are. I mean it is strings of 3, 4 passes made in a predictable manner. In 17 or 18 it coul be a string of a back pass followed by a lateral pass then by an over the top perfect through ball (all that first time). In 2014, i dididn't see that particular pattern but I had the feeling I was starting to see things of that flavour. For example when cpu would play on the side, reaching the height of my box, I had the impression they would often go for a dribble or a short back pass for a one two instead of trying to cross. This pattern is still very present in 17 (modern version I knknown he most). I didn't play 14 enough to give you other exemple, but I had that pattern feeling while I was looking for a more unpredictable experience. I feel I am getting a lot more of those everything can happen moment on 13.

Last edited:
[Help] I just download and installed the patch from Pesedit (4.4), but it says can't be loaded because of it's incompatible (from different version).
I installed Pesedit patch straightly (without installing previous patch) after installing 'basic' PES 2014.
Am I missing something?

Last edited:
[Help] I just download and installed the patch from Pesedit (4.4), but it says can't be loaded because of it's incompatible (it's from different version).
I installed Pesedit patch straightly (without installing previous patch) after installing 'basic' PES 2014.
Am I missing something?
Try deleting your PES 2014 save data folder in your Windows documents directory.

[Help] I just download and installed the patch from Pesedit (4.4), but it says can't be loaded because of it's incompatible (from different version).
Am I missing something?
Data packs?

Try installing the latest patch (1.16 I think) and the latest data pack (DP 7 if I recall correctly) and see if it's alright.

I think I need to download DLC separately and copy it into PES download folder.

Btw, what is the last patch for PES 14?
Mine currently is 1.13

Edit: ^ thank you all..

Loading up my ML,and this is how it looked!
IMG_20180718_140029.jpg

PS3,.my game just kept loading and loading,had to abort it and wipe the disc.
Never seen this before

Last edited:
Are you sure? I downloaded on 20/5/2018 and it worked for me. I'll pm you the link. Also as the most links are dead i skipped some other DLCs, dont remember which one,but the PTE patch seems to work fine until now.It took me 2 weeks to make it run properly.Despite the hole process was a pain in my @$$

Could you give me the link please? Thanks.

Definitely that lob to the winger was such annoyment to me, why not try a pass to a closer player,why not mix it up, why this lob long pass to the winger and then the winger tries to wiggle and niggle for no apparent reason rather than pass into the area to make danger...

I remember i had a lot of fun with pes2014, i loved the animations, especially scoring from a freekick, felt so satisfying to me, scoring from crosses was never better, i don t know maybe its me but pes 2014 i really liked, i liked the heavy feeling of the players tbh
Love it when the commentator says: nearlyyy,but in football terms nearly is nowhere, cynical with that voice of his
For the sake of nostalgia im gonna install this again and play, i remember playing a lot of games at the stade de france

Last edited:
I know. especially when it seems like 90% of the players on this game looked this way at launch because the faces weren't converted to the Fox engine in time. Shambolic.
It's a weird game,so rushed,but pretty solid gameplay,better than I remember it being, probably the game I rank the lowest 11-14.
Don't like thevmenus in it either,some sort of a PC interface,with a fictional mouse you suppose to use with your controller,not very smoith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom