PES 2015 Master League Thread

Stringer

League 2
6 June 2009
Brighton
Hi guys,

Thought I'll start a thread where we can share our experiences with this year's edition of the Master League. :)))

Anyone started yet?

I have played three matches of ML, choosing Le Havre of Ligue 2 (default ML squad). I have to say I was a bit disappointed not to have Castello, Ximenes, Cellini and the 'Bald Eagle' Eddington in my team. I haven't played PES since the first PS3 version, though :).

It's going well, won my friendly against Limassol and then a win and a draw in the first two league games away from home. Signed Serge Gapke from Nantes and promoted two youth players who I am trying to give game time to. Hopefully get some decent time in over the weekend after work.

Already planning to change the commentary language if that's possible, though, can't take much more of Jim Beglin. :)

Started AJ Auxerre in Ligue 2, Superstar.

10 games, 4 point, 14 Team Trust left.

Get rekt :D I really have to practice hard if I want to pull off a massive Eibar campaign this year :D

EDIT: Also, important stuff!

There is that match co-op option when you start Master League and it says something about online.

Anyone tried it? Anyone knows anything? Even if it's only two people playing one team, maybe we could arrange something?

Last edited:
I have played three matches of ML, choosing Le Havre of Ligue 2 (default ML squad). I have to say I was a bit disappointed not to have Castello, Ximenes, Cellini and the 'Bald Eagle' Eddington in my team. I haven't played PES since the first PS3 version, though :).

It's going well, won my friendly against Limassol and then a win and a draw in the first two league games away from home. Signed Serge Gapke from Nantes and promoted two youth players who I am trying to give game time to. Hopefully get some decent time in over the weekend after work.

Already planning to change the commentary language if that's possible, though, can't take much more of Jim Beglin. :)

I'm considering the French League. Just trying to get to grips with the game first.

With me I haven't mastered a PES game since PES6. After that version, I haven't spent more than 2-3 months playing some of the following iterations I've bought (I skipped a few of the post 2007 PES games).

Also, you can change the commentary to other languages such as French, Spanish, German etc.

Started AJ Auxerre in Ligue 2, Superstar.

10 games, 4 point, 14 Team Trust left.

Get rekt :D I really have to practice hard if I want to pull off a massive Eibar campaign this year :D

EDIT: Also, important stuff!

There is that match co-op option when you start Master League and it says something about online.

Anyone tried it? Anyone knows anything? Even if it's only two people playing one team, maybe we could arrange something?

Another French Leaguer. :))) Glad to hear the game is proving a challenge, which is the same for me except I'm struggling on Regular. :/

What is the Team Trust about?

I have to say I was a bit disappointed not to have Castello, Ximenes, Cellini and the 'Bald Eagle' Eddington in my team.
So there won't be any "ankle, ball, grass or soil are all the same to me" Dodo anymore? :(

That player was actually a huge son of a...you understood. :D

Old bunch of ML defaults has been retired since 2011 or 2012, if I'm not mistaken. Since then we have new generation of defaults, most of them having completely f-ed up and unpronounceable names. Yet namewise, some of them seem to be a tribute to old legends - Castolis and Minandinho for example

Old bunch of ML defaults has been retired since 2011 or 2012, if I'm not mistaken.
Well, I plan to return to PES after a spell with FIFA (last PES I really played was PES 2011 but only tournaments with friends, no ML at all) so I didn't know this. Thanks!

Alrighty mate. :BYE:

Waiting to get my PS4 soon and then be giving this a bash.

FD

Stringer said:
What is the Team Trust about?

Not sure if that's called Team Trust or whatever, but there is a value like that in main ML menu, I guess depending on that you can either stay in club for next year or they'll fire you :D

Well I'd get fired hard :D

I miss Espinas.

I hate all these damn fools :D

Except of Libermann. Never lost a single header with him in PES 6. :D

I really can't get into the default players anymore. Their names are just stupid. I mean, i know they've never really had super realistic names in the first place but now they're beyond ridiculous.

I will still start a master league as soon as there is an option file ready for PS3 and when i find out whether the regen players are fixed or not!

Wow, noticed some really cool player development mechanics on Master League, not sure if it was a part of PES 2011-2013, if not, look, coz it's awesome :D

I keep playing my Auxerre game, doing really terribly bad :D (17th place in Ligue 2, Superstar).

So, after one game a little cutscene with one of my players popped up, and the text saying "C.Diarra is showing promise blah blah blah why not give him more chances blah blah". Well, he's only RMF I have anyway so, well, he was just playing in every game anyway :D

Zmpxlil.jpg

And now, after around five games I guess I got the cutscene again and now it was saying about player flourishing and stuff, and suddenly Diarra's overall jumped from 64 to 67 :D Damn I have to say I really liked this one :D

lKRWXBX.jpg

Now I wonder, is it how player development works in general, or is it just additional mechanic on top of basic, gradual development. If former, fine, but if latter, damn I love the way it works!

So yeah, back to trying not to get sacked now :D Luckily winter transfer window opens after next game and I'll get a fair share of reinforcements :D

I want to start a ML with Le Havre, because they have had lots of good young players over the years...will wait a few weeks.

There is also the fact that CLassic D is using the same team....might be interesting to compare players...i'm not sure.

tbh I was considering to play Le Havre Athletic (oldest French club afaik), but I always like restoring the old powerhouses to former glory, and Auxerre was really strong in early 2000s so I had no choice :D

Got to mid-season, apparently there is Footballer and Manager of the Year award. Might upload screenshots if you wanna see how it looks. Pep won the manager award.

Also, you can snatch players who have their contract talks on hold. Looks like I'm going to get quite a good Sassuolo defender for free :D

I started a ML with Palermo (2,5 stars) on superstar. I don't know but the game is a little bit to easy, especially when obtaining a ball, it's going a little bit too fast sometimes I think. That wasn't the case in PES 13 and 14. But still, I'm on the top of table right know and I really enjoy all the games. Every game is different and you can see that you are playing against different opponents, unless in fifa where I had the feeling that its always the same opponent.

Can't wait to start when I get my game but I have to wait to fix and edit everything first so it all feels right.

Im just in January with AC Milan on Superstar. Sitting 6th and its a joy.

Brought in Lacazette in January and already he has made a huge difference.

Bought Jackson Martinez at the start of the season and i just can't seem to get him going.

Trying to get Veratti from PSG at the moment.

PSG has awesome young DMF called Rabiot, I wanted to take him to AJA but he costs a few millions € :(

Oh what a comeback mate. Dropped difficulty to Top Player for a few games and really started trying hard, while avoiding scoring cheap goals as usual.

In December before game with Sochaux I had 2% of Team Trust, and 17th place in league :D Somehow I got 1:1 with Sochaux, and winter transfer window came, all my reinforcements have arrived.

Considering that team rating jumped from 1.5 starts all the way to 2.5, I guess I've done a good job this winter :D

And now it's just a string of victories and draws, starting with destruction of Chamois Niortas (2-5). There were some draws (Laval, Ajaccio), but I'm nearly on April now, on 9th place, Team Trust back to 50%, I'm really on fire and considering I have only 9 points to 3rd Sochaux, I am coming back to promotion fight :D

Like a Phoenix m8s. Holy crap Master League is just ooorgh awesome :D

If you play in France I can reccomend you a striker called Benedick (:D) from Stade Reims. Really good for Ligue 2, and probably decent in Ligue 1 if he develops well.

EDIT:

Not sure how far you guys got, but I'm in my second season right now. Despite terrible first half of first season I managed to crawl up to 7th place at the end :D

Made some serious transfers, that's my lineup for this season:

Mqzp8NB.jpg

Overall Master League is fantastic, there is one massive problem though: just like in 2014, you can keep playing with the same lineup through whole season :( :( :(

And I was hoping for 25+ squads required to get through season.

Hahaha :(

Last edited:
^^^Cool, Anjin. Good reading how you're getting on so far. In regards to the "same lineup", can't you change the 18 players (I'm assuming that's the limit going by your screenshot) you called up of for the next match? I think that's how it works in real life. A team can have a 25 man team, but for certain matches they can only call, lets say, 18 players that are eligible to play in that match (11 of those will be the starting lineup). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

A request here, does anybody know where I can find a guide that explains how the stats system works and what each attribute means?

I guess player limit goes from minimum 16 to max 35 (at least it was like that in PES6).

It's just, I had really a lot of crap guys left and there is no need to keep'em at all. Yeah, in matchday you can take 11 guys and 7 subs, so rest stays at home.

But there is no need for rotation at all, so 18 people is just enough. I dunno, maybe it will be problem when I'll get to Eurocups, when there might seriously be two games every week - then, maybe. Not now.

As for stats, maybe manual? Although I always feel it's pretty straightforward. Pro tip - don't look at overalls, they're completely bullshit.

Haven't played PES since the edition where they added all the boot modifiers into ML (think it was 12?) but i've just picked up this years version and i'm super excited about getting a ML going again :-D

Need to think about picking a team though. I've already done a career mode as Liverpool on FIFA so I think i'll avoid them. Maybe thinking AS Roma or maybe Inter Milan? Are there any decent Ligue 1 or Eredivisie teams you guys could recommend?

Ligue 1 - RC Lens. In my Auxerre games they got 10 points in 38 games and got relegated hard.

Good luck, comrade.

Ligue 1 - RC Lens. In my Auxerre games they got 10 points in 38 games and got relegated hard.

Good luck, comrade.

Hey dude! Thanks for the tip! I might do a quick ML as a higher rated team just to find my feet in PES again but once i'm back to my usual level i'll definitely give them a go! :))

I guess player limit goes from minimum 16 to max 35 (at least it was like that in PES6).

It's just, I had really a lot of crap guys left and there is no need to keep'em at all. Yeah, in matchday you can take 11 guys and 7 subs, so rest stays at home.

On the ML mode, for the pre 2008 iterations, you were allowed to use your full squad team for matches. It's good/realistic that Konami are limiting you to a maximum 18 players to call up for games.

But there is no need for rotation at all, so 18 people is just enough. I dunno, maybe it will be problem when I'll get to Eurocups, when there might seriously be two games every week - then, maybe. Not now.

That might be it - you're mostly playing a game a week thus not a lot of rotation required. I'd like to read how you get on when you qualify for the CL/EL.

As for stats, maybe manual? Although I always feel it's pretty straightforward. Pro tip - don't look at overalls, they're completely bullshit.

They are straightforward, but I'd still like to read how Konami defines them. There's a good explanation here, which I can work with.

The Combined Ability does look odd to me. I would have thought if they're consolidating the abilities, it'll be much shorter lines of stats. Like 6 lines, instead of 18, when Ability has 24 lines. Thanks for the tip.

Absolutely loving ML so far! Got a couple of questions though as i've not played the mode for a while:

1.) How do you enter contract renewals with players? Is there a specific time in the calendar for it?
2.) Is there anywhere to see a graph of players development like there used to be in PES 10/11/12?

Back
Top Bottom