PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

yes i have started playing some also. im lucky enough to have it on ps4 and pc.. im looking for a option file on the ps4 or a graphics mod for the pc for it.. but they all seem to be dead links. any chance you know where i should be looking. and yeh pes 14 and pes 16 are my favourites
Not sure about PS4 but for PC i'm using the PES Tuning Patch, Which has a ton of graphical and aesthetic options including a graphic mod which i don't use because i don't think it looks good and i think it looks fine with vanilla graphics personally.

(Sure i'd love PS4 graphics but it'll never happen, SweetFX just makes it look like over-saturated crap in my opinion.)

PES Tuning Patch

Actual Download Links

thanks mate will look into it.. i just installed it the other day and ts really blurry i thought it was my settings but its not and been looking everywhere just to sharpen it up abit

yes i have started playing some also. im lucky enough to have it on ps4 and pc.. im looking for a option file on the ps4 or a graphics mod for the pc for it.. but they all seem to be dead links. any chance you know where i should be looking. and yeh pes 14 and pes 16 are my favourites
Ι have the steam version, but I am tempted to buy a ps4 euro version. Is the ps4 version much better than the pc?

Ι have the steam version, but I am tempted to buy a ps4 euro version. Is the ps4 version much better than the pc?
i havent played much of the ps4 version. I picked it up second hand real cheap.. i reinstalled my pc version just before i found it on the ps4. Been trying to patch my pc version but couldnt find any patches for it... Then found it on the ps4 and thought i would give it ago. In terms of visuals it looks better and feels alot faster but i turned down the game speed. Have you been playing much 16 on your pc?

thanks mate will look into it.. i just installed it the other day and ts really blurry i thought it was my settings but its not and been looking everywhere just to sharpen it up abit
Yeah well PES 2016 came along just before 4K support so even the PS4 version suffers a bit on modern TV's. On PC you can use this tool to downsample it to 3840x2160 which is 4K resolution if your rig is strong enough

https://www.pes-patch.com/2015/09/pes-2016-resolution-changer-1-1-by-blackrider1993.html

Gameplay wise they are identical, It's merely the visuals which are different. The PS4 version benefits from more advanced shaders so you'll get shinier models and the rain looks a bit nicer, The crowd is better animated and the turf is 3D. The PC version is basically the PS3 version graphically. But maxed out on a PC it still looks fine to me with a better resoultion.

Yeah well PES 2016 came along just before 4K support so even the PS4 version suffers a bit on modern TV's. On PC you can use this tool to downsample it to 3840x2160 which is 4K resolution if your rig is strong enough

https://www.pes-patch.com/2015/09/pes-2016-resolution-changer-1-1-by-blackrider1993.html

Gameplay wise they are identical, It's merely the visuals which are different. The PS4 version benefits from more advanced shaders so you'll get shinier models and the rain looks a bit nicer, The crowd is better animated and the turf is 3D. The PC version is basically the PS3 version graphically. But maxed out on a PC it still looks fine to me with a better resoultion.
thanks for that i have been searching around for something like that for a while.... by the way i always watch your youtube content.. great stuff

Looks great on PS4, might have to buy a copy this weekend. Currently playing it on PS3 and while the gameplay is good the graphics are looking dated. Seems to be a lot more legends on 2016, currently in a ml with villa and have Puskas and Di Stefano up front... What a strike force that would be!?

thanks for that i have been searching around for something like that for a while.... by the way i always watch your youtube content.. great stuff
Thankyou man i really appreciate it. Sometimes the older games just need a little contemporary TLC to get it looking a bit bearable without utterly dumping on the games art direction.
Looks great on PS4, might have to buy a copy this weekend. Currently playing it on PS3 and while the gameplay is good the graphics are looking dated. Seems to be a lot more legends on 2016, currently in a ml with villa and have Puskas and Di Stefano up front... What a strike force that would be!?
I felt like PES 2016 was the first time Konami really hit the ground running with the Fox engine and was finally able to pitch it as a polished, marketable product. 2014 was clearly a prototype, 2015 was refined in the gameplay department but felt a lot like the early PS2 games in that you were literally stuck with unlicensed teams due to no option file support... Then PES 2016 comes along with Option File support for the first time, A flag ship star as the brand ambassador and the best FOX engine gameplay by this point then they shot themselves in the crotch with the botched outdated squads on launch for 2 months.

All that hard work to build the brands reputation back up amongst consumers and even casuals as a organised and sophisticated outfit; All undone within a week of launch.

On pc, with the right filters, between palettes and animations it's a joy for the eyes, to me personally it's the best looking one of this whole gen along with 2018.

Unfortunately, I'm simply not a fan of the gameplay. Could have been a total masterpiece if they cured a bit more defences and keepers.. as it is it's too exploitable to me :( .

i havent played much of the ps4 version. I picked it up second hand real cheap.. i reinstalled my pc version just before i found it on the ps4. Been trying to patch my pc version but couldnt find any patches for it... Then found it on the ps4 and thought i would give it ago. In terms of visuals it looks better and feels alot faster but i turned down the game speed. Have you been playing much 16 on your pc?
For some reason and that year's personal momentum, it is from my most played PES game in the modern Era, I mean from pes2008 since today. But it was more a coincidence and less a choice. IE it was not like PES 6 which I choosed to play it as my main game until 2014.

As for PC patch, I used PTE patch two years ago. If links are still working, give it a try, it is good quality. Only downside is they left PAS league unedited, but everything else is top form.

http://ptepatch.blogspot.com/2016/11/pes16-pte-patch-60-final-version.html?m=1

@vinniej if you are interested on PTE patch or you know a way for distribution, I could give it to you, cause I am noob on how to share so big amount of data.

haha im also i noob. i tried to download the PTE patch but no luck. yeh if i could get it of you that would be great
OK. This weekend I am on a road trip for a friend's wedding.
I'm Monday I will be back to base and my PC, so I will check ways to give it to you.
I assume Google Drive is the get to go.

Note: Out of respect to PTE team I will not make a public sharing point, as I assume they don't want their work to be shared without permission, as most content creators do.

IIRC it was more than 900mb each part.
I'll be back on this on Monday.

PS1: I don't create public access point but I will give it to anyone wants it hand to hand.

PS2: if anyone can suggest noobfriendly sharing methods, I am all ears.

Last edited:

I had this conversation with @Chris Davies some years ago on 17ps4 VS 17pc/ps3.
In my case 2016 and 2017 on PC felt a little bit sharper gameplay wise, where everything happened a bit faster. On ps4 2017 felt better graphics wise and a little bit smoother gameplay wise.

Placing them in real life time line, first I played pes16 pc.
Then I played pes17 ps4 and it felt different.
Finally I played PES2017 pc and while I was ready for a graphic only dumped version, I felt some minor difference in gameplay.
If I would separate them in categories I would say, pes17pc is an improved-injected pes16 pc and pes17 ps4 is something new.
If course speaking about minor feeling differences in the level of pkacebable.
I am suspicious that pes16 ps4 will have the same smoother effect.

And always having in mind that my PC is mediocre. I do not know how it would feel in a high end PC with max high settings. Best I can do is override settings with pes tool and put them in medium quality, just to have weather effects and pitches better than green carpet quality.

To place a clear example, in 2016 maybe not so obvious due to worse defending AI.
In pes17ps4 I was playing effectively on superstar.
In pes17pc on superstar, everything happened so fast, that most time while attacking, and due to 2017 superior general defending, if I kept the ball possession a little bit more, I usually was found cyrcled by 3-4 opponent defenders, leaving me out of options. On ps4 the time you have to make a worse choice is more forgiving from the CPU defending.

my pes 16 is stuttering alot. is there any fix to this? i have played around with my settings but nothing seems to work..

my pes 16 is stuttering alot. is there any fix to this? i have played around with my settings but nothing seems to work..
You could try 2 things.

First of all, try D3D Overrider. Easy to install, add your PES 2016 exe and force triple buffering & vsync on.

https://d3d-overrider.software.informer.com/2.0/

Also depending on your graphics card, You could force your vsync settings on your pes 2016 exe too in the graphics card's control panel

After collaboration with @vinniej I inform anyone interested, I have uploaded PTE patch (6 parts) in my Google Drive.

I also have PTE patch 13,14,15,16 and can share if you want to avoid the sketchy ad fly links of the original site.

Cause of 2 reasons :
1) PTE team does not approve public sharing from other websites
2) I am completely noob in Google Drive, I do not know how to make links being visible by everyone,

the procces we did with @vinniej was, I sent him the link In PM, he clicked and a request was sent to my Gmail, I click on Gmail message and went to Google Drive and added him to people that can see files.

If anyone can Make express tutorial on how to create Google Drive public links, he is welcome :)

PS: by now I will keep PTE 2016 patch, if you wanna other patch I must delete it first, as I have only 15GB limit.

PS2: Also in order to upload, I need 2~3 days limit, as I have family duties and I cannot work on the fly anytime of the day/week unfortunately.

You could try 2 things.

First of all, try D3D Overrider. Easy to install, add your PES 2016 exe and force triple buffering & vsync on.

https://d3d-overrider.software.informer.com/2.0/

Also depending on your graphics card, You could force your vsync settings on your pe2016 exe too in the graphics card's control panel
I installed the d3doverrider.. butnote I ge a terror when booting up.. (0xc0000005)..?

Yeah this was always PES 2016's biggest issue, After the extraordinary acclaim and promotion pre-release too, other than the data pack debacle which saw out of date squads for far too long after launch, The weak ass goal keepers and frequent magic low & hard shows from the AI dampened what could've been a brilliant precursor to the great PES 2017.

Yeah this was always PES 2016's biggest issue, After the extraordinary acclaim and promotion pre-release too, other than the data pack debacle which saw out of date squads for far too long after launch, The weak ass goal keepers and frequent magic low & hard shows from the AI dampened what could've been a brilliant precursor to the great PES 2017.
True ,it's got a lot under the hood that is very good.
But Konami knows how to do half arsed jobs

True ,it's got a lot under the hood that is very good.
But Konami knows how to do half arsed jobs
It's an unfortunate track record isn't it? We're talking about 1 game in history they've came up short on, There's a handful and of course with they're latest, It's no wonder they have this record of complete clumsiness with their annual releases

It's an unfortunate track record isn't it? We're talking about 1 game in history they've came up short on, There's a handful and of course with they're latest, It's no wonder they have this record of complete clumsiness with their annual releases
Still having a hard time grasping their tactics.
Tbh they sat on a really good product that could have easily become really good if nurtured right.
Yeah they can't compete with FIFA ,and other big games (like Battlefield etc ) shouldn't really have much competition in their respective genre ,but they do.
If going down a smarter way ,compete where FIFA can't compete (realism and non loot box maybe a better single player mode) they could have made a niche for themselves.
I think there's a need for it.

Back
Top Bottom