PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

World Champions Germany are through to the last 16 but can their opponents Northern Ireland do the unthinkable and pull of the victory need to qualify for the second round? Then EURO 2012 co-hosts Poland & Ukraine face off in their bid to escape the group.

https://youtu.be/1MVXt8eOFJM

Yeah i'm on PC mate. the lack of camera depth for both PES & FIFA is disapointing, i imagine it's more to do with performance on console as the wider the lens is the more crowd/stadium it would have to render and keep the presentation to a respectable level.

Anyway here's my next 2 video's, apologies for the delay, computer was giving me grief over the last couple of days.

The final round of group matches is underway as Hosts France need a win over Switzerland to secure qualification as Romania & Albania will also be fighting to compete in the second round.

https://youtu.be/P8dpg3vdGNw

Then, Will the home nations qualify for the knockout stages? Find out as England need to beat Slovakia to secure their place in the last 16 then Wales face the same predicament when they take on Russia.

https://youtu.be/PybzqzxPfj0

Mafia. Your videos are very enjoyable. You make the game look better than it actually is:

Is it on PS4 ? If so, whats the camera settings ?

Bale goal was almoste the same he did last game in real life and the match score was almost the same as well. lol

I know I'm probably speaking to an empty room but playing Pes 2016 since the new 'patch' I've noticed a few changes. . .manual shooting is now more difficult . .most of my shots go wide for some reason . .collisions are slightly different. .ai defenses seem tighter with lower scores. .game seems more balanced.

The annoying thing when attacking is that the ball gets stuck under your feet when trying to get through the ai defence and then there's that irritating scripting where the ai seem to get their toe to the ball before you all over the pitch. This is all on Superstar manual btw.

I know I'm probably speaking to an empty room but playing Pes 2016 since the new 'patch' I've noticed a few changes. . .manual shooting is now more difficult . .most of my shots go wide for some reason . .collisions are slightly different. .ai defenses seem tighter with lower scores. .game seems more balanced.

The annoying thing when attacking is that the ball gets stuck under your feet when trying to get through the ai defence and then there's that irritating scripting where the ai seem to get their toe to the ball before you all over the pitch. This is all on Superstar manual btw.

Glad you pointed these changes out. I have noticed the same changes especially in manual shooting ...

Mafia. Your videos are very enjoyable. You make the game look better than it actually is:

Is it on PS4 ? If so, whats the camera settings ?

Bale goal was almoste the same he did last game in real life and the match score was almost the same as well. lol

Thanks alot, really appreciate that. Yeah i'm having alot of fun making them. And no i'm playing on PC as the PS4 version doesn't allow you to select all the teams in the tournament and switch sides to play against the CPU. Something that was possible in previous games.

And i'm using a tool on the PC version that allows you to extend the already available camera angles.

You're right, the AI does play better.. at least in the EURO 2016 mode. I had some really tough matches.

Aside from the new Patch has any one tried to alter players physical attributes? I have noticed that changing calf and thigh circumference to -5 or -6 makes the player models much better on the pitch.. By default these attributes are set too high that's why players model this year seem chunky or stocky compared to PES 2015.

I don't really like the new patch. The CPU cheats so much and the referees are worse than before

I didn't say that I liked the patch either just pointing out the differences from the last one . . . there's a hell of a lot of cheating going on in it and in some matches there was zero fouls. . . but also the odd match had a lot of fouls.

Unfortunately, there will be no more EURO videos from my, my PC crashed while i was recording and corrupted a lot of my PC data including documents etc. Luckily I've backed everything up but not my PES save folder, so i can't resume the Tourny.

I'm gutted as i was enjoying it and put in a lot of hard work on it and was especially looking forward to the knockout stages round the corner. Oh well, sticking to PS4 in the future!

Unfortunately, there will be no more EURO videos from my, my PC crashed while i was recording and corrupted a lot of my PC data including documents etc. Luckily I've backed everything up but not my PES save folder, so i can't resume the Tourny.

I'm gutted as i was enjoying it and put in a lot of hard work on it and was especially looking forward to the knockout stages round the corner. Oh well, sticking to PS4 in the future!

We'll just have to look at the actual Euros . . ah well.

That was pretty cool. Lol at them having to use the fake Russian kits though. Anytime i see a video trying to authentically recreate a Euro moment, my heart aches that they couldn't include the official stadiums for the tournament.

Very sorry to read that.

In fact I´ve been watching a few of your videos and enjoyed them to some extent.

Your commentation and specially your camera angle made them clips very entertaining.
When I saw your cam setup I almost felt like firing up PES 2016 again, but even in your vids I saw the flaws of the game that made me stop playing it.

Hope you can back it up somehow...cheers.

This game does have shortfalls yes but this game must be played on the ps4 nothinf else, the game just simply is made fkr that console, and i was playing vs my friend yesterday exhibition matches and he told me how much better this game feels compared to fifa, he told m that he played fifa 16 onps4 aswell and he said it just didnt feel righr he told me every pass feels the same the behavior animtions on the field in fifa just does feel repetitive and doesnt belong to today football in pes the whole match day look the positioning of the players on the field, with how u can tweak ur gameplan and how u attack is miles better than fifa, it just feels very good u can feel the individuality aswell especially btw neymar bale ronaldo and messi these are beasts on the ball.all in all i still nejoy the game vs a friend on ps4

Very sorry to read that.

In fact I´ve been watching a few of your videos and enjoyed them to some extent.

Your commentation and specially your camera angle made them clips very entertaining.
When I saw your cam setup I almost felt like firing up PES 2016 again, but even in your vids I saw the flaws of the game that made me stop playing it.

Hope you can back it up somehow...cheers.

Thanks, i did enjoy playing it at the times, but yeah i can admit there was plenty of bullshit at the the same time that made it hard to find the motivation to carry on. Goalkeepers are an especially painful flaw in this years game, even when playing on Superstar as i was.

Thing is when you play as many games as that ion a row you notice the same patterns, lot's of over the top throughballs from the AI, lots of Early goals some even straight from kickoff and not a whole lot of variety in the play from them.

PS4 is definitely the version to play from a performance and visual standpoint, 60fps on PS4 is also a nice bonus although i was surprised how good the PC version matched up compared to PES 2015.

This game does have shortfalls yes but this game must be played on the ps4 nothinf else, the game just simply is made fkr that console, and i was playing vs my friend yesterday exhibition matches and he told me how much better this game feels compared to fifa, he told m that he played fifa 16 onps4 aswell and he said it just didnt feel righr he told me every pass feels the same the behavior animtions on the field in fifa just does feel repetitive and doesnt belong to today football in pes the whole match day look the positioning of the players on the field, with how u can tweak ur gameplan and how u attack is miles better than fifa, it just feels very good u can feel the individuality aswell especially btw neymar bale ronaldo and messi these are beasts on the ball.all in all i still nejoy the game vs a friend on ps4

I agree with this 100%.

I must admit that after buying both Fifa 16 and PES 2016 at launch, that I stuck to playing Fifa. Not because I liked Fifa better, but I started a Manager career with Dortmund and liked it enough to keep playing it. I was supposed to edit the EPL teams on PES and play master league, but I never got to it and got lazy, so I honestly didn't play PES all year long. With the Euro Cup rush I started playing PES yesterday and I quite like it. It has so many things better than Fifa 16 IMO. Yeah the shooting trajectory is wack, and so is the lack of fouls, but playing the game on all manual controls feels really good.

I hope Konami addresses these issues for 2017. And now I'm really hyped for it. The thing I don't understand about Konami is that things that are so obviouslyrics wrong, and probably don't require much to fix are never fixed until the next iteration. In this day and age this is preposterous!

Last edited:
For me, this is personally the best PES since PES 6. That is why I am so confused that I cannot find any mods for the PS4 versions. Doesn't the game allow you import kits and faces from the pc to the PS4? Shouldn't that allow for mods to be used for PS4? If so, why do I only see mods for the inferior PC version of PES 2016?

I don't want to sound ungrateful in any way, I simply want to know how I can import kits to the PS4 version.

For me, this is personally the best PES since PES 6. That is why I am so confused that I cannot find any mods for the PS4 versions. Doesn't the game allow you import kits and faces from the pc to the PS4? Shouldn't that allow for mods to be used for PS4? If so, why do I only see mods for the inferior PC version of PES 2016?

I don't want to sound ungrateful in any way, I simply want to know how I can import kits to the PS4 version.
Unfortunately you have to edit it all by yourself since there's no file sharing on ps4. The image import is very easy but having to make for all teams takes a lot of time and work. I think on pesgaming forum you can find all shirts, badges and coaches images to import to the game.

Good luck.

I want to talk about Tron running.

Took a month long break from the game. Started to play it again the past few days, with even more increased patience, and I guess, less residual habits. So it felt like a good time to look at the game mechanics again.

I feel a lot of freedom in dribbling and ball control. That is, if my opponent is not gagen pressing full court, full match, like a robot.

The Tron debate keeps coming back to me. To those who care about Tron running, is it only a thing when we use R1 sprint? I still have a difficult time understanding the problem. I see that animation is stiff and cyclical, so is responsiveness. But isn't responsiveness and control supposed to be limited when we run at high speed?

I play pretty slow, walking pace football. I also play touch by touch, so I'm not using R1 a lot, and if I am, I only give it a tap the most, just for that extra long stride. I don't see much Tron running in the way I play, as I'm varying my touches, every stride I take. What should be the fix to this Tron problem? I mean, I think players should maybe not have perfect, evenly spaced (equal distance) touches when they dribble high speed maybe, but that's about all. I'm not sure what to think of it. In other words, I actually would like to see more error in R1 running dribbles, but keep the responsiveness the same. To me, it is reasonable to trade off control, while running at speed.

Here's a short passage of play from my game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7a5O-IQpWE

As you can see, there are a ton of opportunities to wrong foot opponents, but I feel like you only gain control to do this by letting go of R1.

A tap of R1, makes use of the explosive power stat. You need this stat to take an angled touch, and you also need this stat to chase after your touch.

When you are already running with R1 at speed, R1 explosive touch is much less useful. The speed contrast of walking -> running is not present. It does not look very explosive when you are already running (can't be any more explosive, since you area already running at your capacity). For this reason, R1 needs to be used with care. If you want to make use of explosive power stat, it's better to let go of it first, moments before you take your explosive touch.

The best way to describe it, is that I use R1 to push the ball away further. Or I use R1 to chase the ball when the ball is too far from me. Other than that, I let go of the R1 button at all times. That is why I describe it as playing touch by touch. There's quite a lot of control through this method. Just like in real football, every touch is a decision. There is no holding sprint button, or any button, for that matter. I don't have a problem if Konami decides to make dribbling less responsive at high speed. I'm actually supportive of that. I'm supportive of the idea that we have to know exactly why we are running, when, and where.

For the R1 dribbling, the cyclical animation sucks, no doubt about it. The lack of error sucks as well. The perfect equal distance strides sucks. But responsiveness (or lack of) isn't all that unreasonable.

I just read someone in the PES17 thread wrote "Good gameplay dont mean ultra fast responsive input", and I think there's a lot of truth in that. So it inspired this thought.

What's everyone's position on this?

I want to talk about Tron running.

Took a month long break from the game. Started to play it again the past few days, with even more increased patience, and I guess, less residual habits. So it felt like a good time to look at the game mechanics again.

I feel a lot of freedom in dribbling and ball control. That is, if my opponent is not gagen pressing full court, full match, like a robot.

The Tron debate keeps coming back to me. To those who care about Tron running, is it only a thing when we use R1 sprint? I still have a difficult time understanding the problem. I see that animation is

(...)

That's how to play football, the problem is most of the people cursing PES does not try to play football. And many of them also blame the game for lacking things that are already in the game (they just don't know how).

To me, PES2016 has serious problems, but not many:

*Collision system is horrible. You can't use your body to protect the ball, because defenders can go through your player!

*Because of that painful collision system, referees are missing.

*Every player can take a strong and accuracy shot.

*Stupid runs. Sometimes, players go into stupid runs just when the ball is next to them.

*Stamina. It NEEDS a secondary, temporary stamina level. If you just made a 50m top speed run there's no way you can turn back and start again. Players have to get tired, for a second or two, but running up and down all the time takes out all of the realism.

That's how to play football, the problem is most of the people cursing PES does not try to play football. And many of them also blame the game for lacking things that are already in the game (they just don't know how).

To me, PES2016 has serious problems, but not many:

*Collision system is horrible. You can't use your body to protect the ball, because defenders can go through your player!

*Because of that painful collision system, referees are missing.

*Every player can take a strong and accuracy shot.

*Stupid runs. Sometimes, players go into stupid runs just when the ball is next to them.

*Stamina. It NEEDS a secondary, temporary stamina level. If you just made a 50m top speed run there's no way you can turn back and start again. Players have to get tired, for a second or two, but running up and down all the time takes out all of the realism.

- Collision system was more realistic in some years, and not so much other years (PES14 is my favorite rendition of proper fouls/collisions/body contact&impact). My thoughts on this here:
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=3132687#post3132687

- I pretty much super cancel out of almost everything when the ball is away from my body, so I can reset all the "locked" trajectory of runs this game imposes on me. That's how I deal with it at the moment. But with this method, ME as a player have to know exactly where the ball is, to walk over and collect it. As you know, super cancel can make your player look lost, coz it is no longer sensitive to where the ball is, you have to control your destiny.

But in general, I think of the game in opposite, I think it looks for the ball automatically, too well? Sometimes I don't even know where the ball is, and my player walks over to collect it for me. It's like, the performance exceeds my reaction ability. I really don't have a clue where the ball is, and I can let go of the controller, my player will find it for me. That's not nice to see either. I'd much rather look for the ball on my own accord.

- Very true about stamina depletion, it changes the way we play the game immensely. And this is not only about dribbling/running a 50m run with the ball, the defenders do this as well. There are guys who use their forwards to track back the entire game (the [] defending, or even man marking), and in attack they again run the half length of field to get back into position. Distance covered, and CONTINUOUS distance covered, is not really taken into account in stamina depletion. Plus, there is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WiyT0JCViw

It's like PES really needs a stat called "determination". In reality, not every player will want to run with robotic willingness when you ask them to, even if you have it as part of your tactics. Mario Balotelli would run exactly 0cm even if you set up your tactics to have him track back/man mark. He should lazily stroll back when you hold []. :LMAO: The binary stat of "fighting spirit" does not cover this well enough.

Last edited:
Guys i use to play pes 16 on superstar level easily winning all my games suddenly i cant beat the a.i on even proffesional...unable to break down defencces and mainly cannot defend for my life

For defence,earlier....i would just guard my areas but suddenly a.i started scoring beautiful goals and my a.i defenders just stopped tracking opponents runs

Any tips on attacking and defending?

Guys i use to play pes 16 on superstar level easily winning all my games suddenly i cant beat the a.i on even proffesional...unable to break down defencces and mainly cannot defend for my life

For defence,earlier....i would just guard my areas but suddenly a.i started scoring beautiful goals and my a.i defenders just stopped tracking opponents runs

Any tips on attacking and defending?
Are you using manual controls? I used to beat the cpu in Superstar, but since I started playing again I had to lower the difficulty down to Professional, because I felt that in Superstar and Top player the cpu cheats a lot and doesn't miss a shot once inside the penalty area. In Professional the cpu plays a lot more realistic to me now. But only with manual controls. If I play with assisted controls I can still beat the cpu easy on any difficulty setting.

Back
Top Bottom