PES 2017 - PC Version Discussion Thread

Thinking of getting the pc version. Are the only differences to the ps4 version the visuals?

No, there are gameplay differences as well. In my experience the pc version is clunkier and missing some animations here and there.

No, there are gameplay differences as well. In my experience the pc version is clunkier and missing some animations here and there.
After trying the Xbox One version (well, the trial edition at least) I find it a little smoother than the PC one, but it's really something that I have to look for on purpose if I want to notice it.
I still have to figure out if it's a PC/settings related thing or if there's really something different from one platform to another (again, it's nothing major anyway).

After trying the Xbox One version (well, the trial edition at least) I find it a little smoother than the PC one, but it's really something that I have to look for on purpose if I want to notice it.
I still have to figure out if it's a PC/settings related thing or if there's really something different from one platform to another (again, it's nothing major anyway).
Think it is likely settings related as you say. Difference is more pronounced for me hence me preferring the ps4 version.

Really good game.
I agree, it's a really good game.
I have some gripes with it, especially with the players being too agile for my liking: I mean, most of the players actually manage to turn on a dime (while it should only happen for a handful of star players).
I still consider PES 2014 the most advanced PES game ever in terms of technology and recreating what happens on the pitch, but I also agree it could get frustrating way too easily (as the majority of the players felt pretty clumsy most of the time).
PES 2015 managed to hit the 'sweet spot' between fun and realism for me in terms of weight/agility of the players (although it was done by sacrificing some of the realism and some of the players' weight). PES 2017, despite being a game that I still really enjoy, moves further away from that heaviness, and does it a little too much.

I'm currently playing some matches between the fake South American teams (hence why I have the Cunturipa crest as the avatar) and I feel they're more enjoyable than the usual 'France vs. Germany' match (where everything flows too quickly most of the time, even with speed set to -2).
Also, the game is totally unpatched (apart from the Konami datapacks and updates) so it's not a matter of players having exaggerated stats.

I think I'll try decreasing body control stats for some players (and maybe increasing their weight) to see what happens. If I manage to get the same heaviness I experienced in PES 2015, this would really become the best PES game ever to me.

I really like the advanced shooting, but i changed it - its not playable. 80% of shoots hits crossbar? Do you have the same?

ANYONE PLAYING THIS GAME AT ABOVE 1080P ON PC?, HOW TO SET IT , ANY THINGS TO DO IN NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL?, BECAUSE LAST TIME I TRIED THE GAME AT 1440P IT STUTTERED A LOT, I HAVE NO PROBLEM PLAYING THE OTHER GAME AT 1440P, ITS SMOOTH AS SILK.

pes 2017, after all this months of playing online code IDGG2 shows up and i cant log in to pes servers on steam. I tried all the usual things like reseting internet connection...please help

guys i ve installed pes 2017 again, and i installed the stadium pack by azir sentiono, but the problem is camp nou is crashing the game now whenever i choose to play on camp nou....? any fix??

guys i ve installed pes 2017 again, and i installed the stadium pack by azir sentiono, but the problem is camp nou is crashing the game now whenever i choose to play on camp nou....? any fix??

Happened to me too.
So I went back to using my own pack/mod, haha.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm playing with absolutely no patches or mods or anything at all but I've had some brilliant games on PES 2017 today since installing PES. I've had penalties, red cards and overall pretty intense games.

Started with a Chelsea vs. AC Milan match for my first one, Hazard won a penalty in the first half after a fake shot. Very calmly rolled it into the corner as well and it looked so accurate to how Hazard usually scores his penalties. Ended up winning 3-2 with a super close end and a red card for Milan in the 70th minute.

Figured I'd play the Chelsea & Everton game as well that was happening today and won 2-0, Schneiderlin was sent off early into the second half for a second yellow card and we sort of just controlled the game the whole way through.

Finally I played as Liverpool against Arsenal and won 3-1 with a beautiful goal from Sadio Mane - just looking at how I can record it on this laptop and upload it because it honestly was one of my favourite goals that I've scored on this game. Not because it was anything fantastic but using advanced shooting and the way it hits the net felt super great.

Only 3 days till the demo for 2018 drops on PS4 & Xbox but I'm away from my PS4 working for another week so I'll be making do with PES 2017 for now. I'll try and add the video of the Mane goal as an edit later on.

Figured it out!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's because I'm playing with absolutely no patches or mods or anything at all but I've had some brilliant games on PES 2017 today since installing PES. I've had penalties, red cards and overall pretty intense games.
Sorry to "up" this thread after so much time but I somehow had the same feeling in the past days after reinstalling PES 2017.

PES 2017 might be nowhere as advanced in terms of visuals as PES 2018 (I mean, on PC it doesn't even have goalpost shadows no matter which setting you're using) but all in all it has some things that are missing from PES 2018 in terms of gameplay.
For example, in PES 2018 (even if the situation in PES 2018 looks better now with the latest patch) you wouldn't see the CPU conceding four/five free kicks during a 10 minutes match.
Still I see little-to-no penalties both in PES 2018 and in PES 2017 if I have to be honest (again, in PES 2018 things got a little better with the latest update because of keepers bringing forwards to the ground from time to time), but in terms of free kicks it looks like PES 2017 is more balanced.
Also, the CPU shots look more varied in PES 2017 as opposed to PES 2018 where they don't strike with power when inside the box.

Yeah, I definitely might give this game another try before buying the Xbox One version of it, as it looks like it deserves another chance.

By the way, is there a "video" thread anymore?
I just scored this (don't ask me how I ended up playing Brentford vs. Real Zaragoza, I'm just selecting random teams for random friendlies) and I just wanted to share as it's been one of those "oooh this game's bloody great" moments:

I've been playing Pes 2017 on and off in this two weeks, alternating it with Fifa 16. I must say this game also has first touch error and individuality way better presented than 2018. Forgetting for a second the pessimist thoughts, I really really hope it was more a matter of starting a new "trilogy" and overlooking some stuff, only for them to bring at least FT more random and natural as it was here in 19 (I still don't believe this will be the case, but W/E). Anyway, just a bunch of friendlies after I downloaded the latest Galaxy patch and I'm loving it again, the cpu isn't perfect but it definitely try to be more human and (at least for me) it pays.

Yeah unfortunately there aren't penalties here too, as far as I remember I never got one in all my previous almost 150 hours of Pes 2017, and the games I've played in this days still confirm that. As we already said fouls around the field are more than enough, but it's still such a bizarre decision/lack that I can't really find a reasoning behind this disappearance of penalties, in 2017 as much as in 2018.

Yeah unfortunately there aren't penalties here too, as far as I remember I never got one in all my previous almost 150 hours of Pes 2017, and the games I've played in this days still confirm that. As we already said fouls around the field are more than enough, but it's still such a bizarre decision/lack that I can't really find a reasoning behind this disappearance of penalties, in 2017 as much as in 2018.

Technically there are penalties but they are very rare when playing against the AI. It is a simple system in pes2017, fouls can be called for some collisions resulting from pressuring (if I remember correctly)/standing tackles/sliding tackles, but inside the box, the game will only call a penalty for bad sliding tackles which of course both you and the AI avoid most of the time.

There is some logic to that and again it seems to me that they were (again) thinking of multiplayer, it implies they wanted clear cut penalties and not to punish simple pressuring.

It's good to see pes2017 getting some love, in the 2018 thread I said (before 2018 was released) that 2017 could be a great base with some tweaking and that made pes2018 even more disappointing for me. I have to say though that the game is at it's best in kick off mode. In ML it plays a lot worse unfortunately. Very bad managerial AI is just one example: The AI will go on all out attack in cup games even with the game drawn and even if they have a red card, it gets really stupid. So unfortunately I don't feel like revisiting it even though i still have it installed and patched.

IMO the base pes17 demo gameplay was wonderful, but not enough work was done on the game modes or the tactical layer to make it worthwhile to invest time in ML, too bad.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree on the last part to some extent. My 2 cents: I'm having more fun playing friendlies than I had playing ML.

Yesterday I had one of the best matches I can recall in PES 2017 (still on PC, my Xbox One copy is on its way and should be delivered mid-week), and it's been one of the few times I really enjoyed playing with big teams (as I usually prefer using two/three stars ones).

It was England (me) vs. Portugal (the CPU) and it's been a very, very rough match. They made 7 fouls, with four yellow cards, while I did five with three players booked.
I lost 2-1 because I completely fumbled up a pass with Hart (it ended up straight to the opponent, a thing I often used to do while playing 5-a-side myself too) but it's been a tight, intense and fun match. I missed a couple of sitters and so did the CPU (a thing that surprised me), but most of all I saw power in their shots.
Not 'PES 2015 level' power (which I agree could be a little over the top) but still actual, good power.
The CPU tried a couple of screamers from either inside and just outside the box, a thing I have never (or, at least, very hardly) seen in PES 2018.

Probably it was a little too fast even on -1 speed, but setting the speed to -2 triggers those slo-mo GK dives that somehow don't look right, so -2 it's not a viable option for me anymore.

I currently can't wait to try it on Xbox One (maybe doing a league campaign in France or Holland so to have all the teams licensed).

Just done a fresh install of this on steamas im sick of the lack of fouls on 18, whats the best patch to use? and one with the latest transfers? Want to start a Master league again.

Just another PES 2017 goal I scored... Talking 'bout backheels! :BOP:

Despite playing with random (and this means often unknown/weak) teams, I feel that this game sometimes shines like no other PES (included 2015 which used to be my all-time favourite) ever did.
I just love these little moments. They feel so unique.

I'm playing this again on ps4 and it's great, get some really good gritty games and other skilful ones. Just wish I had an up to date kit and squad file. Searched online and messaged various people but no reply. Last pesuniverse file link is dead. I just don't have time to do it all manually on the ps4

Somehow in my memory I remember that overall look and shaders were different(better) in demo version, but I uninstalled demo and can't find it anywhere. If I'm right, can someone upload dt15.cpk from 2017 demo please?

Somehow in my memory I remember that overall look and shaders were different(better) in demo version, but I uninstalled demo and can't find it anywhere. If I'm right, can someone upload dt15.cpk from 2017 demo please?

I don't think it depended by the dt15.cpk file that probably it was the same of full version... If a difference was there, maybe it depended how use of shaders and level of details was setted in the demo's pes2017.exe respect the .exe released with the full game

however you can download the demo still through steam... here:

PC PES 2017 demo...

while in the next link you can still download also the Trial Edition:

PC PES 2017 Trial Edition...

and here the full game:

PC PES 2017 Full... (if you buyed it)

Last edited:
If a difference was there, maybe it depended how use of shaders and level of details was setted in the demo's pes2017.exe respect the .exe released with the full game

however you can download the demo still through steam... here:

PC PES 2017 demo...
I hope it is not exe! Thank you so much for the steam link, somehow it did not show me when I done a search for 2017 demo :D I will download to check, in hope it is dt15 :)

Back
Top Bottom