PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

sorry i come back to this so late (found out after some dp weeks/month ago).
you can in 2019! :) let go from sticks and buttons, then press shoot button twice!

edit: when i just watched your Pes17highlights2 video, first thought: man, that pitch pattern... what happend to those?! :D
and do we still have rain drops on the cam in replays these days (your video from min. 2:00)!?

btw: whats the most anoying stuff in 2017 for you (read about the good stuff)??
I was ready to call for you @PRO_TOO ,as like you i am a lover of "kicking the ball after ref whistles" and remember you asking about it in pes2019 promo period. It is like a ceremony, like the basketball PG thats shoots the 3pointer even when the game clock has stopped.
I think @slamsoze knows him. Seen on this guys profile they had a chat on few occasions.
There is crazy amounts of edits in his project. Its that big that it would make me a bit scared to install it. Id have to get some guinea pig to test it first... ;) :LOL:

See, thats my point... i dont think they do... i think I would have noticed if that was the case, as im always using youth/regens.
When I was playing Parma on pes18 i remember having lot of south america nationalities in appearing in my youth squad.

Good to know, Pro. Just pity you have to do this button combination, instead of just freely hoof it out.
Em dude?How did you check it?No problem;,just from curiosity.From pes gaming proofile?IIRC i may had some conversation with this guy,about faces he built and about a very helpfull Excell sheet he created last year which had all nationl players in-game fake or not,based on all 4 datapacks in 18.But unfortunately he did not make the same excel this year.

Btw i have a crazy theory about 17ps4 ,but did not try cause i had my old Option file and never uninstalled the game,so it works since back then.
So my theory is that you can use an older OF, @Chris Davies BoC OF is an extreme reliable OF as a basis to use if you try to import it today in a game eith DPs but no live update.I chatted about this with Chris in PM ,that his work was wmawesone and i used it until the ladt datapack, where it destroyed a lot his OF. But today and if you use it as a goid base after the dps installation maybe it will gonna work.
I am not completely sure as the 2017 database seems to work and interact a little bit wierd with OF, compared with 18&19 which are more user friendly than 17.Despite this ,everything in 17-18-19 OF import is still at general user unfriendly . :P

Em dude?How did you check it?
I clicked on his profile to check how active he is and when was the last time he posted something. In some of his posts I saw replies and quotes from "Slamsoze". How many Slamsozes can be out there? :LOL:
I didnt want to put you under spot light, just thought that maybe he is your mate and you could just ask him did he ever finish his project. ;)

About youth academy, from the first class the most noticeable player is the Portuguese LB "filtaozinho".He plays good,has young age and in an ML save i did for 5 season,in 5th year AC Milan signed hin and Portugal NT called him, he goes highly over 85opr after years.Furthermore you csn always edit thestart youth teams.I use to keep them with default stats/age/pos and give them proper names/callnames/face always.
As for the nationalities of regens the next years, it has some national dna , not in a 10/11/12/13 level (dont remember which exactly had nailed the academys with native only youths most than 90%.), but it is a matter of numbers, if you have a Spanish/Italy club, you have higher possibility cause of bigger player base, 2 leagues + migrate players. If you have club like Besiktas despite any hardcode dna nationality, Turkish players must be less than 100, so in 32 youths it is low possibly. In my ML with Leeds i had many english+Scottish +irish regens, while in Ligue2 many french regens too.

Last edited:
I clicked on his profile to check how active he is and when was the last time he posted something. In some of his posts I saw replies and quotes from "Slamsoze". How many Slamsozes can be out there? :LOL:
I didnt want to put you under spot light, just thought that maybe he is your mate and you could just ask him did he ever finish his project. ;)
Unfortunately ,i think i asked him once about some facebuilds, while he states he doesn't accept requests :P. But he gave me a build for aUSAs NT second keeper recently (before Christmas ), so he is kind of active.The next closest relation i have with some if these awesome guys, is a comment from nicoultras who gave me credit for my liveupdate pdf in 19, which i abandoned cause of KONAMI usual stubborn issues and a choise pesmaster made about the live update search in their page, which made the work needed double the old one.
Even if the project is alive, i think he will progress in a very slow tempo givem that it is 2 versions back, it also multiplies the work he needs to do. :(

Last edited:
@Emroth you made me go to town during my lunch break and search for PES2017 in 4 "used goods-stores" in the city. couldnt find it. went back to work and ate twice the amount for lunch just out of frustration! :LOL:

edit: now i'm feeling like a 2019 AI defender! just cant move... ;)
Haha! I just went to Gamestop online site and ordered one pre-owned. Arrived next day. Didnt have patience to go look around. Give me a shout if you fail to find it and still wants it. I can get one here for peanuts and just send it on.

Haha! I just went to Gamestop online site and ordered one pre-owned. Arrived next day. Didnt have patience to go look around. Give me a shout if you fail to find it and still wants it. I can get one here for peanuts and just send it on.
thanks mate! appreciate it!
i could order myself online starting at 3,79€! thats no money... but i wanted to play asap (tonight)! :)
could have been so cool and a quick decision thing (like back in the days when i hiked stores for games)... but no.
in the local stores they had plenty of PS3 versions... thought about buying them just to put in the shelve. but then again... my brain kicked in (it was wrapped by your optimistic 2017 insights)! ;)

when my TGC2019 (30 bucks) arrives tmw i know what to play at the weekend.

edit: i just asked my boss, he's playing PES too, if he still got his 2017 version at home. he's pretty sure its at his house... and if it is, he'll bring it to work tmw. good boss!! :)
not sure if my last sentence still stands now! :D

edit2: so where can i find that latest OF you are using in 2017, @Chris Davies @Emroth ? thx! :BYE:

Last edited:
What “kind of” annoys me with 2017, is the feeling I have, that goals are easier from headers than from shooting , I can smash a shoot from penalty height and the goalkeeper can go in OP mode and save it, while if I try a header I think it has more chances to be a goal. Maybe here it is only me and my play style settings PA1/all basic settings, responsible, albeit if not the headers, the crosses are very OP in this ver.
I have discussed about headersVSshoots in the past with @rockstrongo and we disagreed*, that’s why I am more skeptical if it is the game or it is me.

*Just for the record and because I do not know the word in English, by disagree I mean we had different opinions and discussed them in polite and constructive way, we didn’t have a fight or an aggressive argument, just different POVs. To explain better, what I like most in these positive arguments, is that I can agree with many guys here in 9/10 points and in 1/10 disagree completely,but this disagreenest will make me reconsider the way I am viewing the subject of argument.

The second minor cons is the pass, which I find very assisted,maybe the most assisted in the series in any level.Even manual passes with L2, I feel that get distorted by the AI assistances making the power gauge input irrelevant with the final pass power.

Last edited:
The second minor cons is the pass, which I find very assisted,maybe the most assisted in the series in any level.Even manual passes with L2, I feel that get distorted by the AI assistances making the power gauge input irrelevant with the final pass power.
Yet you are ending up with most realistic pass completion percentage. Com usually has 70-75%, i usually have around 80%
Player awareness and interceptions are great in that game. Plus I frequently see overshot passes, especially through balls.

As for you first part, I really like that crosses pack a nice punch. Especially L1 early crosses are deadly.

I was learning how to use Advanced Through balls. While doing it, I moved from PA0 to PA1 (to focus on Advance Through balls and save myself some headache)
Crosses on PA1 are savage! Are they OP? Personally I dont think so. I often see powerful early L1 cross being missed by everyone, including defenders. Looks cool and realistic. Also - I often see such horrible headers, that make me wanna check replay if the guy who tried it has a square head or something.. :LOL:
Is it because I play shitty team in spanish D2? Could be, dont know.
But I did think headers were OP in Pes18. I dont have this feeling here.

Yet you are ending up with most realistic pass completion percentage. Com usually has 70-75%, i usually have around 80%
Player awareness and interceptions are great in that game. Plus I frequently see overshot passes, especially through balls.

As for you first part, I really like that crosses pack a nice punch. Especially L1 early crosses are deadly.

I was learning how to use Advanced Through balls. While doing it, I moved from PA0 to PA1 (to focus on Advance Through balls and save myself some headache)
Crosses on PA1 are savage! Are they OP? Personally I dont think so. I often see powerful early L1 cross being missed by everyone, including defenders. Looks cool and realistic. Also - I often see such horrible headers, that make me wanna check replay if the guy who tried it has a square head or something.. :LOL:
Is it because I play shitty team in spanish D2? Could be, dont know.
But I did think headers were OP in Pes18. I dont have this feeling here.
This with passing is the controversy. My passes fell more assisted but the passing % ratio is more normal for me too.CPU is most times under 85%.Even in the most "scripted" match i have not seen cpu going over 90.
Maybe it has to do in comparison with the 18 , were passes are an inch more free, but the controls and first touches are deadly more successful. Also the physicality and defence awarenes in 17 helps a lot and makes defending more enjoyfull.
Back in 2017 in a gameplay comparison i made between fifa/pes 17, which i liked both, i stated : From my first third of the field up to opponent penalty box, controlling, moving, passing the ball is 100% better in pes. Attacking Inside the penalty box and shooting trajectory variation is 60%fifa-40%pes.
But i repeat maybe it is only my taste.And finally all these are just my philosophy opinions, as the development cycle of the game has been closed since 2017 and all these are minor issues The game is decent 120%.

A lot of our experience always comes from our play style..

Some people have more fouls, coz they dribble more. Few people said they had good few penalties on 17 - i didnt have one yet and im in my second season. But i dont usually dribble in penalty box. Once i find an opening i shoot. I always hold a ball and do few tricks just outside the box looking for final pass or opening, so I have a lot of free kicks just outside.

Similar would probably be with passing. Short passes are accurate (but to be honest - they should be - they are professional footballers), but when im trying long pass it gets intercepted quite often, or I overshoot.
What makes 17 really enjoyable is that AI dont ping pong the ball. They usually have a first touch, hold the ball, do few tricks and then pass.

Rock said injuries were more or less like in pes18. My experience is different there as well. In Pes18 i had two seasons with no injuries at all. In Pes17 - i dont remember last time I had full squad. There is always someone out.
I just wish referee would stop the game (or the ball was kicked out) when a player is lying on the ground in pain. Due to such a lovely physicality I often see players in agony. Feels a bit weird to just play on..

One more annoying thing occurred to me tho. Commentary is worst of them 3. We all know commentary is shite, but in this one they are simply wrong quite a lot.
Playing a match
- "mallorca is in top form lately - 5 wins in a row"
Won it. Next game
...what...? I thought 5 wins in a row was 5 wins ago?
I had few more examples but cant remember now. Some of them are just crazy.

A lot of our experience always comes from our play style..

Some people have more fouls, coz they dribble more. Few people said they had good few penalties on 17 - i didnt have one yet and im in my second season. But i dont usually dribble in penalty box. Once i find an opening i shoot. I always hold a ball and do few tricks just outside the box looking for final pass or opening, so I have a lot of free kicks just outside.

Similar would probably be with passing. Short passes are accurate (but to be honest - they should be - they are professional footballers), but when im trying long pass it gets intercepted quite often, or I overshoot.
What makes 17 really enjoyable is that AI dont ping pong the ball. They usually have a first touch, hold the ball, do few tricks and then pass.

Rock said injuries were more or less like in pes18. My experience is different there as well. In Pes18 i had two seasons with no injuries at all. In Pes17 - i dont remember last time I had full squad. There is always someone out.
I just wish referee would stop the game (or the ball was kicked out) when a player is lying on the ground in pain. Due to such a lovely physicality I often see players in agony. Feels a bit weird to just play on..

One more annoying thing occurred to me tho. Commentary is worst of them 3. We all know commentary is shite, but in this one they are simply wrong quite a lot.
Playing a match
Won it. Next game
...what...? I thought 5 wins in a row was 5 wins ago?
I had few more examples but cant remember now. Some of them are just crazy.
Yep this is so correct. In greek commentary which exists since 2011, for some wietd reason in 2017 it got worse with many grammat errors , which is akward, cause although our commentary is directly translated from English , but the commentators are greek!Despite this it was fixed for 18 imidiatelly.It was only a year of step back.
In terms of fouls , i had also enough, maybe every 10 matches, i will have one with 1-2 fouls or even more rare with 0 fouls. Penaltys i get almost one per season or at worse 2 per 3 seasons. The more the merrier, but sure better than 16 and 18.

In terms of fouls , i had also enough, maybe every 10 matches, i will have one with 1-2 fouls or even more rare with 0 fouls. Penaltys i get almost one per season or at worse 2 per 3 seasons. The more the merrier, but sure better than 16 and 18
I always thought the lack of fouls was most annoying to me. But i dont think its the amount of fouls. I think physicality is what I need in football game. Sometimes I also have matches with 1 or 2 fouls. But it doesnt matter, because the way they are flying around, or crashing into each other during air battles is a pure joy to watch. It doesnt have to be foul. But I need to see that if I bash into someone - he will fly away.
On 18 they were rarely falling. They were just tripping, losing balance for a few seconds. And it was so annoying and fake looking - everyone just stumbles around..

Ps. Something caught my eye in you previous post. You said you always edit Youth team (which is a great idea), give them names and faces.
What do you mean by faces? Can you edit this blank picture in game plan??
(Talking about ps4 here, obviously)

Mainly playing FIFA 19 and God yes,miss physicality.
Miss having tough challenges and players slide tackling all over the place!

Glad to see that people are returning to this game
I hardly played Pes 18 (until the release of 19) and it's such a step down in gameplay Vs both 18 and 19,but mostly 19!

Last edited:
If this gatheres enough traction is there any chance someone can put a squad together on an optional file.. Like premier league for this season? How hard is it to do? Currently I'm working 7 days a week so finding time is difficult

I always thought the lack of fouls was most annoying to me. But i dont think its the amount of fouls. I think physicality is what I need in football game. Sometimes I also have matches with 1 or 2 fouls. But it doesnt matter, because the way they are flying around, or crashing into each other during air battles is a pure joy to watch. It doesnt have to be foul. But I need to see that if I bash into someone - he will fly away.
On 18 they were rarely falling. They were just tripping, losing balance for a few seconds. And it was so annoying and fake looking - everyone just stumbles around..

Ps. Something caught my eye in you previous post. You said you always edit Youth team (which is a great idea), give them names and faces.
What do you mean by faces? Can you edit this blank picture in game plan??
(Talking about ps4 here, obviously)
Ps4 yes. No unfortunately you cannot edit the grey shilouete in formation screen.Just the ingame face seen in play-replays-cutscenes,ML cutscene if any etc, etc. The silhouette is not possible to edit in consoles until today (PES2019).
But as the Ancient Greek quote says : “nothing bad ,without any good piece” (lol I killed Greek and English :P) , in 17 the silhouettes are visible only in gameplay screen, nowhere else, even the Prematch formation presentation is in the old school style, only shirts and names. But I hate also very much the empty grey silhouette,which become even uglier every new game.
Furthermore you can go extra creative with the first youths, creating your team’s real youngsters,or some reformed legends like a “new” Van Nistelroy etc-etc.
I prefer to create Fantasy players with the base-copy of an original scanned face player, using the method of the Brazilian OF makers and giving them names that exist in the commentary database , I.e filtaozinho I name him Fernandinho and give him the face of Walcott as you can assume him as a Portuguese.

@slamsoze
Where and how do you edit your youth players.
Do you have to start an ML to see which are your youth players?
Or can you do it before ,knowing which ones are yours?

"No hands...no cookies"
/Swedish saying (or maybe just my own)

@slamsoze

"No hands...no cookies"
Initial batch is always the same, pal.
I played Pes19, 18, 17, and youth players initial bunch are all the same from what Ive seen. So finding them shouldnt be a problem. How and where he edits them - ive no idea. I just install OF. Oh and recently i learned how to manually install downloaded kits and emblems. But I havent touched players..

Initial batch is always the same, pal.
I played Pes19, 18, 17, and youth players initial bunch are all the same from what Ive seen. So finding them shouldnt be a problem. How and where he edits them - ive no idea. I just install OF. Oh and recently i learned how to manually install downloaded kits and emblems. But I havent touched players..
Aha,yeah I'm gonna start a second ML to try it out.

I'm shit at importing stuff imported kits and badges etc for my Pes 11-12-13 on PS3,before that it must have been back on pc and Pes 6.
Since I'm on Xbox there's no import option (fucking Nazi/commies) but I'm not botherd with kits really,badges would be nice,wish we could import Stadiums,that would have been great

@slamsoze

"No hands...no cookies"
It is as @Emroth said. The first season ML youth team is always the same standard. There are 3 preset squads, 1 for each of Europe/Asia/Latin America and you have the respective one depending, where you start your ML.
You can find to edit them in menu Edit/Edit Player/In the bottom of the teams menu/Youth Teams. I can make a short video if you want,but I think is easy to find.

They are editable in pes: 2013-14-17-18-19, and locked&unavailable to edit in 2015-2016 for some KONAMi reason.

As for the edits @rockstrongo if they are only visual Face&name ,you can do it no matter the season you are, but for sure the initial default youths will not be in your youth academy after 2 or 3 max. seasons , you will have to search them in free/others/others clubs in ML. If you want to change their NT and ages, you must start a new ML, for changes to take effect.
The same editing rules, applied for regular players in an already running ML save, apply also here. You can change, whenever you want, a players face (except official cyber-scan faces) /hair/body type/preferred foot/equipment /motion/name/ and I think COM playstyle. What you cannot change in an already running ML are:age/position/Nationality/stats/skills/playstyle.

Finally a fun-fact pattern that only @Chris Davies spotted and mentioned is that the nationalities of ML default youths are from A-Z, which is a discovery I love so much. This pattern is so KONAMi!!! I.e.: the gk is Austrian, the cbs are Belgian,Bosnian, Bulgarian, dmfs Czech, Croatian etc,etc.

PS: If you start an ML with Sevilla, keep in mind that your youth team will be not the defaults, but the squad of Sevilla Atletico in segunda division (AN Red White B). The same in pes 2018 for Sevilla Atletico and Barcelona B.

PS2: Rock this hands-cookies quote ,if I got it correct is like the British “have to crack eggs to make some omelette” or like the modern-Greek this time “you have to get your @$$ wet in the sea to catch some fish.” :P Which I find reasonable only if you are fishing from a small boat, or else fishing from land or dock with a rod, seems “dry” enough.

Last edited:
PS: If you start an ML with Sevilla, keep in mind that your youth team will be not the defaults, but the squad of Sevilla Atletico in segunda division (AN Red White B). The same in pes 2018 for Sevilla Atletico and Barcelona B.
Oh.. i didnt know that. This is actually cool and not really Konami-like. I never play with them. Sevilla and Barcelona are a bit too big fish for me.

Ps. I think I know whats weird with manual passing. Manual passes seems to be more rigid than in Pes18/19. It feels like you have 8 directions there. Some passes are actually harder to perform coz it "pulls" in one of the directions.
With such high pass interceptions and error I actually prefer PA1 on pes17. Feels more natural. Crosses are also tough to place on manual. Either go to deep or are pulled back towards outside of penalty box.

@slamsoze thanks for the answer my friend,your explanation is plenty enough ,ill take it from there.

I had to look up Swedish sayings on wiki,and to my surprise ,so many are from the Bible or has religious history,which is weird since we're very much a non religious society.
But I guess we use to be
Thank god (pun intended) we've moved away from that

Have a look what i just found in the mail box.
My PES update arrived (I added the black bars for the dramatic look)! :D
133bc5e4-c2b7-4bee-8k7j4w.jpeg

For only 78 cents (shipping not included); nothing wrong here! The packaging reads nothing more than “control reality” and all guys on the front cover are happy!! :)

Thx to @Chris Davies for the OF “un”-clutter tutorial and @Emroth for going the way with me. I’ll start my ML with Christiano’s OF every minute now.

Have a good weekend y’all!

Have a look what i just found in the mail box.
My PES update arrived (I added the black bars for the dramatic look)! :D
133bc5e4-c2b7-4bee-8k7j4w.jpeg

For only 78 cents (shipping not included); nothing wrong here! The packaging reads nothing more than “control reality” and all guys on the front cover are happy!! :)

Thx to @Chris Davies for the OF “un”-clutter tutorial and @Emroth for going the way with me. I’ll start my ML with Christiano’s OF every minute now.

Have a good weekend y’all!
do you have a recent squad option file?

first thing i did: played the derby BVB vs S04 in signal iduna park!! its back!! :D
massive work they did with that stadium. to sad its gone!!

the tactics menus aren't that smooth in this version i feel. hm.
anyway... playing on -2 was nice. lost it to schalke 0:2.

then i did the first wave of OF imports. now its the second batch.
to my surprise i still had some of stuff from 2017 installed. my cam and controller settings (profiles) were still there too. even my 3 saved team tactics are alive!

not sure what team to pick when playing ML. i saw they have second leagues. thats nice! ;)
and when i think about it... its not to bad playing with teams from 2 years ago. they had nice players too. sure, a fresh OF would be nice but hey... its all about the joyride (and some imagination)!!

Edit: as i “travel in time”, I should check on young players that developed well in real life starting 2 years ago! :LOL:

Last edited:
to my surprise i still had some of stuff from 2017 installed. my cam and controller settings (profiles) were still there too. even my 3 saved team tactics are alive!
Be careful with old files - they might be screwed up given the new option file... I delete everything first and start from scratch!

Back
Top Bottom