PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I believe that guy is working option file for PS4 version while micano one only works with PC version. PES 2017 PC is still alive and well, it's easier to find PES 2017 PC version. Also smoke patch has new updates for 2019/2020 season for PES 2017 PC.

Ahh makes sense... I hope something comes out for PS4 soon for you guys

I do have to say, I played a couple of matches today after I installed the patch. Had a great experience. Forgot how this game played but I did have a lot of hours in steam with it.
For some reason it feels so loose, the ball feels more alive and natural, and there is more error than '20. Im not saying 2020 is bad for me. Its just this feels so fresh and nice. I only played a couple of games but in those games I saw a scorching out of the box goal by the AI, my goalkeeper got a card for a 1-on1 tackle which caused a penalty and I was able to score in a counter which felt very natural.

Also Im seeing a lot more fouls. It could be t his game got updated after I uninstalled it a couple of years ago. For now I think Ill try a league mode before trying FIFA 20. I just need some time off '20

Idiot question, brace yourselves:

I always wondered - why cant we upload any OF on any Pes game? We are uploading .png images after all.. its not like its some specific format..

I believe that guy is working option file for PS4 version while micano one only works with PC version. PES 2017 PC is still alive and well, it's easier to find PES 2017 PC version. Also smoke patch has new updates for 2019/2020 season for PES 2017 PC.
i like 20 but still really interested in this, is there a link to the progress for ps4 option file

Idiot question, brace yourselves:

I always wondered - why cant we upload any OF on any Pes game? We are uploading .png images after all.. its not like its some specific format..
idiot question #02: What do you mean dude by saying "we cant upload"? You mean the links or the content?

Αhh. now it is clear. Yes you can import whatever you like in terms of images. You just have to do it manually by hand cause the team .teds/.bins do not work from game to an other.
Furthermore 2017 has similar but different templates, so if you import EG: a kit image from pes2017 to pes2018, it will look a little bit different cause of little changes, as the collar will be some millimeters thiner and the logos on the socks will be not on center. This is cause the player bodies and models were "FATTER" in 2017.
It is like you are 120kg, and you buy a t-shirt and then you loose weight and go 80 kg and you try to wear the same t-shirt. If you get what i mean.!! ;)

Αhh. now it is clear. Yes you can import whatever you like in terms of images. You just have to do it manually by hand cause the team .teds/.bins do not work from game to an other.
Furthermore 2017 has similar but different templates, so if you import EG: a kit image from pes2017 to pes2018, it will look a little bit different cause of little changes, as the collar will be some millimeters thiner and the logos on the socks will be not on center. This is cause the player bodies and models were "FATTER" in 2017.
It is like you are 120kg, and you buy a t-shirt and then you loose weight and go 80 kg and you try to wear the same t-shirt. If you get what i mean.!! ;)
Best explanation ever! No further questions, Your Honor. :LOL:
Ps. There is a bloke on twitter I found, that said a while ago he has OF for 17, but images have to be imported manually.
I reached out to him, we'll see if he gets back to me.

i like 20 but still really interested in this, is there a link to the progress for ps4 option file

For new season or old season ? if you're talking about old season you can download it through pesgaming

http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=400

about new 2019/2020 season, @slamsoze already told someone is working on it here.

There's also 2018/2019 option file for PES 2017 PS4, MAC PES Thailand community has it

http://www.mediafire.com/file/030898d5ha9piz3/MAC_Option_File_PES2017_PS4_2018-19_Vol.5.zip/file

Don't know if it's working or not since i only play PES 2017 PC version.

Having some great games lately. It's funny that this has things I wish pes 20 had. I've gotten a bunch of fouls. And different types of goals everywhere. It's a nice change of pace. Too bad the turf looks like poop tho.
I've noticed the ai does like to through pass to their striker many times. Trying tactics to avoid it

Having some great games lately. It's funny that this has things I wish pes 20 had. I've gotten a bunch of fouls. And different types of goals everywhere. It's a nice change of pace. Too bad the turf looks like poop tho.
I've noticed the ai does like to through pass to their striker many times. Trying tactics to avoid it
Don't forget AI dribbling! They are really trying to take you on one on one. Also AI build up when it happens feels less forced.
On the cons, the freeze animation is a bit too exaggerated and frustrating at times.

If you are on PC, I advise you playing with 1.06 or earlier. After defense were a bit broken.

Don't forget AI dribbling! They are really trying to take you on one on one. Also AI build up when it happens feels less forced.
On the cons, the freeze animation is a bit too exaggerated and frustrating at times.

If you are on PC, I advise you playing with 1.06 or earlier. After defense were a bit broken.

There's no 1.06 on PC. Latest version is 1.04.01 ( .EXE Files 1.05.00 )

There's no 1.06 on PC. Latest version is 1.04.01 ( .EXE Files 1.05.00 )

Ah ok sorry, then.
It was 1.06 on PS4, I am not sure what is and if there is an equivalent on PC. On PS4, defenders started following attackers really deep in their defense instead of playing like a line to put the attacker offside. On PC I have been playing with Smoke patch and I am not sure what exe version it is.

Ah ok sorry, then.
It was 1.06 on PS4, I am not sure what is and if there is an equivalent on PC. On PS4, defenders started following attackers really deep in their defense instead of playing like a line to put the attacker offside. On PC I have been playing with Smoke patch and I am not sure what exe version it is.

AFAIK, smokepatch never change gameplay nor exe version, if you're playing Steam version then it's using latest version Patch 1.04.01 ( .EXE Files 1.05.00 ).

Anyway, sometimes i'm still mad how come this game ony has 3 datapacks :SHOCK:

It's funny to think that PES 2017 became a cult classic of PES. It has it flaws but IMO, really enjoyable.

I do have an updated PES 2017 Option File for the PS4.

NEARLY ALL Mainstream teams and transfers all up to date (Rooney at Derby, CR7 at Juve, plus updated kits (where editable) etc.)
Plus "Youth Legends" re-registered to their first clubs - Shay Given, 18 Years Old - Blackburn Rovers, Thierry Henry, 18 Years Old - Monaco etc.

Plus nearly every league's teams have players with Lower Case fonts. See Twitter Link below... It's a beautiful, beautiful game.

I do have an updated PES 2017 Option File for the PS4.

NEARLY ALL Mainstream teams and transfers all up to date (Rooney at Derby, CR7 at Juve, plus updated kits (where editable) etc.)
Plus "Youth Legends" re-registered to their first clubs - Shay Given, 18 Years Old - Blackburn Rovers, Thierry Henry, 18 Years Old - Monaco etc.

Plus nearly every league's teams have players with Lower Case fonts. See Twitter Link below... It's a beautiful, beautiful game.

Can you please provide a link to that specific 2017 option file?!
When I was playing 2017 this year I was searching for a file with current squads. Couldn’t find it back then. Awesome!
Enjoy!!

Edit: ah, that’s your own file. So nothing for the fans to download?!

Last edited:
Still enjoying this game so far as I wait for 2020 to get another datapack. Its weird that everytime a new game comes out it feels pretty much the same to me but going back to '17 I can see so many differences.
Yesterday I hammered a low rated team, then played chelsea and ended up tied with sweaty hands because of the back and forth. Heck even the option file i downloaded has the ugly pes20 purple menus

PES 2017 (2019) OPTION FILE PART 1:

NEW FILES WILL APPEAR HERE - PES 2017 is being updated so ALL Prem Teams and Championship teams have up to date teams.
Major other teams will also be updated to fall inline with 2019/2020 too. New kits are being added as well as adjustments to the formations.
Sheffield United is now added along with their attacking CB Fluid formations.

PLEASE READ THE BELOW - VERY IMPORTANT

DO NOT RELEASE ANY OF THE YOUTH LEGENDS (18 Year Old Regens) FROM THEIR CLUB TEAMS AS THEY WILL DISAPPEAR

e.g. Ronaldinho at Gremio, Henry at Monaco. You can Transfer them, just don't release them.

Many players like Trent Alexander-Arnold have had their abilities updated to fall in line with PES 2020 stats - so do not reset them.

ALL Goalkeepers have realistic stats - meaning they are NO LONGER SUPERMEN. ALL Goalkeepers have had their "Coverage and Handling" stats adjusted, Neuer, Buffon, Allison, Ederson are still the best goalkeepers in the game - but they are rated 84 and under instead of 90 and under.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017_20191128220849.jpgPro Evolution Soccer 2017_20191128220919.jpgPro Evolution Soccer 2017_20191128220947.jpg

Last edited:
PES 2017 (2019) OPTION FILE PART 1:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lst80lpr9q27kaj/WEPES.zip/file

Part 1 contains the following:
Premier League (You need to add the 2020 Kits (supplied in file - but not linked to teams. Some kit numbers and fonts WILL need adjusting), France Ligue 1 (Complete) and a few teams from Serie A, La Liga, Eredivisie, Euro Other and Brasiliero.
I Won't overwhelm you all with all the files in one go.

PLEASE READ THE BELOW - VERY IMPORTANT

DO NOT RELEASE ANY OF THE YOUTH LEGENDS (18 Year Old Regens) FROM THEIR CLUB TEAMS AS THEY WILL DISAPPEAR

e.g. Ronaldinho at Gremio, Henry at Monaco. You can Transfer them, just don't release them.

Many players like Trent Alexander-Arnold have had their abilities updated to fall in line with PES 2020 stats - so do not reset them.

ALL Goalkeepers have realistic stats - meaning they are NO LONGER SUPERMEN. ALL Goalkeepers have had their "Coverage and Handling" stats adjusted, Neuer, Buffon, Allison, Ederson are still the best goalkeepers in the game - but they are rated 84 and under instead of 90 and under.

PLEASE REMEMBER, This is just a taster. I will supply The Championship (kits need linking & fonts adjusting) Ligue 2, Serie A, Brasileiro at the weekend.

View attachment 26728View attachment 26729View attachment 26730
Omg!!! You are AntonyC from pesgaming.????!!!! :0
And all this time i was describing yours , while i could just mention you!!! :)

Update: checked now, you joined yesterday.. ok ;)

Update2: Ok guys he is here now...Bombard him with your questions!!!!! :P

Omg!!! You are AntonyC from pesgaming.????!!!! :0
And all this time i was describing yours , while i could just mention you!!! :)

Update: checked now, you joined yesterday.. ok ;)

Update2: Ok guys he is here now...Bombard him with your questions!!!!! :P

Good to be here. I will add more links to my first post (page 422) so you all can have these wonderful files.

pes 2017 broadcast cam.

i'm attacking in the opponent box. cam goes to the sideline. I cannot see where the actual f**k the ball is but I can tell you that what shorts linesman is wearing whilst my move breaks down in the box.

Konami incompetence is unreal.

pes 2017 broadcast cam.

i'm attacking in the opponent box. cam goes to the sideline. I cannot see where the actual f**k the ball is but I can tell you that what shorts linesman is wearing whilst my move breaks down in the box.

Konami incompetence is unreal.
Don't get me wrong , but i avoid those broadcast cameras since PES 2011, when they were introduced. The reason is that since the movement was never 100% total-360,even not today in 2020, resulting many times that you are running and your player is implemented in a "rail", when the camera changes angle and you are moving very fast, your player is forgotten on that old rail which leads you outside the side line. If you stop running and wait for the camera to change angle, and restart running, then you are registered to the new rail. The problem is you cannot wait all time for your input to be registered.

Basically this is a core fundamental of PES and the main difference to the other game, once an input is registered, you must wait for the "animation-pack" to be played, maybe locking you for 2 or 3 seconds. There were PES versions like 2013, 2016, 2018 that went more to the "FIFA" essence, more direct response and less cinematic-locked animations, but guess what; they all ended up feeling too "UN-physical" and very "light-weighted!

Don't get me wrong , but i avoid those broadcast cameras since PES 2011, when they were introduced. The reason is that since the movement was never 100% total-360,even not today in 2020, resulting many times that you are running and your player is implemented in a "rail", when the camera changes angle and you are moving very fast, your player is forgotten on that old rail which leads you outside the side line. If you stop running and wait for the camera to change angle, and restart running, then you are registered to the new rail. The problem is you cannot wait all time for your input to be registered.

Basically this is a core fundamental of PES and the main difference to the other game, once an input is registered, you must wait for the "animation-pack" to be played, maybe locking you for 2 or 3 seconds. There were PES versions like 2013, 2016, 2018 that went more to the "FIFA" essence, more direct response and less cinematic-locked animations, but guess what; they all ended up feeling too "UN-physical" and very "light-weighted!

I never thought about broadcast cam like that but it makes sense. ( to me its a bit like the very existence of SIM MyCLub mode then renders the whole of MyClub pointless - like you are there just to press buttons and your perception is that you are playing when actually you're not)

2020 doesn't have the sudden change to sideline zoom so that's probably the best pes to play broadcast with.

do you have a best cam suggestion for 2017 and 2020 that can minimise the rails?

I never thought about broadcast cam like that but it makes sense. ( to me its a bit like the very existence of SIM MyCLub mode then renders the whole of MyClub pointless - like you are there just to press buttons and your perception is that you are playing when actually you're not)

2020 doesn't have the sudden change to sideline zoom so that's probably the best pes to play broadcast with.

do you have a best cam suggestion for 2017 and 2020 that can minimise the rails?
Nope unfortunately. I have a camera setup, an edited Pitch side camera, that helps me play on-rails. Sounds strange but in short words, it is like the old Broadcast camera from PES 3-4-5-6. It is a Pitch Side with 0-3-0. It is very identical to the old PS2-era Broadcast camera. i am using it since PES 2017.

If you used back then it helps. If you were a Wide camera person, you will not like it. It does n't minimize rails, but it makes them, your friend!! ;)

Btw, the default camera of PES 2020, don't remember if it is broadcast or stadium camera, is very sweet to watch games when play SIM /coach mode matches on MC/ML. It makes the game look smoother, at least when you just spectate.

i keep replaying an ML game that I cannot seem to win. its just a few games into the campaign (vs Norwich City)

I've probably played it 5 times now - each time I lose 1-0. some games have a feeling that I could win but ultimately the outcome remains the same.

so I've put it away and played a classic match on Fifa 19 for a change. and it was more fun.

it just leads me to think that all PES has ever been good for is exhibition mode and that's it - the only good thing I can say is that at least I can see that now and I don;t need to venture into any ML modes so far.

i keep replaying an ML game that I cannot seem to win. its just a few games into the campaign (vs Norwich City)

I've probably played it 5 times now - each time I lose 1-0. some games have a feeling that I could win but ultimately the outcome remains the same.

so I've put it away and played a classic match on Fifa 19 for a change. and it was more fun.

it just leads me to think that all PES has ever been good for is exhibition mode and that's it - the only good thing I can say is that at least I can see that now and I don;t need to venture into any ML modes so far.
Had a match tonight as well. Played nice. :)

Exhibition is king here as well! I agree.

which pes versions do you have?

same Q to @slamsoze and anyone else that would be prepared to take a trip down memory lane over the next few months.
2017!!
When I fired it up last night, after playing a lot of 2020, it was a delight. Better than 2020 (i like 2020) so my vote on the PES of the decade still stands. 2017!!
2020 is a good game but compared to 2017 it comes in close second!

Had a thought last night: a lot of features are already there. Lot of stuff they were promoting, and we were talking about it on the podcasts, was already in the game.
We need a fresh start badly! :)

Edit: ah, you mean all the versions I have at home on disc?
Only 3 right now: 2017, 2018 and 2020.

Old PS2 and/or PS3 versions should be in boxes stored away. I wanted to start a collection years ago... ^^ :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom