PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Anyone know what Patch 1.07 is? A friend of mine turned the game on today and a 3.5gb update started to download stating 1.07! I have 1.04.02! And no further updates are available for me?!

@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces
I checked now my console. The game version is 1.04.02, datapack 3.0 AND the pes2017 application version is 1.07. This is the correct we all have . Your friend probably didn't have the last update February-March 2017. Your game is OK in short words.

I have explained on the PES2020 section why the in game versions and the gameapp versions have different numbers. I can explain again here if you want.

PES2017 ps4app (.exe*) = version 1.07
PES 2017 = version 1.04.02
Data pack = version 3.0

Last edited:
After reading everyone's comments on the pes2020 thread I've avoided purchasing it this season and now picked up a copy of pes2017 on the ps4 instead for £2.99 and looking forward to using the update option file linked earlier in the thread.

Wow what a game. I have it set on Top Player and I'm needing to work for the victories during a match. I've started a Master League and drew 2-2 with Chelsea and what a game it was. They went 2 up but I managed to pull it back with a last minute equiliser. I haven't enjoyed a Pes game as much as this for years.

Thank you to everyone in this thread otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered purchasing it and probably just waited for Pes2021.

Graphic wise it's true, but take a look at brightside. On PC you can get stadium server, scoreboard server, etc. That's why i'm still playing it more than 2020, lol

Indeed. I have both the PS4 and PC version, but the former always felt smoother. Placebo, I'm sure.

I gave PES 2020 another attempt over the past week, but it's just not doing it for me. I tried copious amounts of gameplay mods. Few stunning moments here and there, but that's about it. Reinstalled 2017 and I'm just playing the vanilla game at the moment. You know why I enjoy 2017 over 2020? I feel in control of my players both on and off the ball. Dribbling, defending, and player movement in general seems so much more intuitive and natural after smacking my head against 2020 for the past several days. Controlling Messi in this game is one of the best feelings I've ever felt in a football game.
That, and the AI appears to be less linear. It's much more enjoyable playing against the CPU. The build up play isn't nearly as rote or predictable.

Last edited:
Hi All

This is Premier League Teams - Completely overhauled so the teams now have "TEAM IDENTITY"
This means the following updated elements:

1) Team Tactics, adjusted to suit the current real life tactics instilled by each team.

2) Players within teams are mapped to work with the team's current tactics (some player's abilities are adjusted to fall in line with 2020 abilites from PESMASTER)

3) 90% of ALL Players have had their Playing Skills adjusted for realistic situations when playing against humans AND the Ai. (Target Man style CFs now have "One Touch Passing" - This releases the hidden ability to do "Headed Flick On Balls". Link to vid:
SKIP TO 32 Mins
4) 90% Of ALL Players now have a Playing Style - as this DEFINITELY has an impact on how they play when playing against the Ai. (Example: "DESTROYER" - these players are likely to receive at least 1x Yellow Card when playing against the Ai.
***This will be adjusted, certain High Level Players will have their Playing Style REMOVED! Recently discovered (thanks to Klashman69)! Playing Styles NERF Players with high level skills and abilities!

5) COM Playing Styles - These are now fall in line with 90% of ALL players' player skills - as the "Player Skills" and "COM Playing Style" work hand in hand - unbelievable that Konami would screw this up so badly.
Example: The Player Skill "Scissors Feint" and "Flip Flap" needs "Trickster" COM Playing Style ticked for the Ai to carry out this skill MORE Frequently if playing AGAINST the Ai.
Same with "Mazing Run" COM Playing Style - this needs to be ticked for the Ai when playing against the computer to carry out "Marseille Turn, Cut Behind and Turn, Scotch Move etc. - UNBELIEVABLE I know!

With Kits: http://www.mediafire.com/file/guok3vk7ecoe523/WEPES.zip/file

Without Kits: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6llfqoxduk9nodn/WEPES.zip/file

Last edited:
Just played the game that I keep playing on 2020 to work out how I can fix 2020 : Spurs vs Numancia

What a game,

4-4 with CPU AI having 2 red cards and me shouting at the TV when Wanyama shoots wide at a clear goal chance or when Wanyama keeps blasting over the bar or their GK tips over Kane's dinked effort.

That's what I'm talking about. :)

Edit : Played a couple of 2020 matches straight after - decided to try auto-feint to see if it helped matters. Nope. 2020 1.6 definitely got that on-rails and forcefield feel to it. Nasty stuff that wasn't so obvious in 1.4.

Last edited:
Lately I was thinking, are there any Real Madrid fans playing 2017? Every time they fire up the game and the intro comes up they must be going into berserk mode. ;)

I’m not too fanatic myself. I don’t really hate any club especially. It’s all healthy rivalry on my side. :)

I won’t forget some moments “against” my fav club... but that’s the sport. Sometimes you loose. As hrs as it may be.

*cough*99*cough*

Been a long long time since I posted anything or even visited here. I must say I’m not surprised to see the PES2017 thread still alive.
That was by far the best PES game of this current generation (and right up there with the classics for all-time best IMO).
I’m a veteran PES player and I just want fairness from a game when playing at Superstar. That I got from 2017. I can’t bring myself to play a ML on Top Player. I played this franchise since 1998!
For me 2017 was all about the balance in gameplay and the toned down scripting in ML. Very enjoyable indeed.
I thought PES2018 was going to be just as good, but the single player/ML was completely ruined by AI cheating/scripting.
From what I could see 2019 and 2020 are riddled with scripting too so I haven’t even bothered.

If I had my PES2017 disk with me I’d definitely try this updated OF, what with all this social distancing and all...

Been a long long time since I posted anything or even visited here. I must say I’m not surprised to see the PES2017 thread still alive.
That was by far the best PES game of this current generation (and right up there with the classics for all-time best IMO).
I’m a veteran PES player and I just want fairness from a game when playing at Superstar. That I got from 2017. I can’t bring myself to play a ML on Top Player. I played this franchise since 1998!
For me 2017 was all about the balance in gameplay and the toned down scripting in ML. Very enjoyable indeed.
I thought PES2018 was going to be just as good, but the single player/ML was completely ruined by AI cheating/scripting.
From what I could see 2019 and 2020 are riddled with scripting too so I haven’t even bothered.

If I had my PES2017 disk with me I’d definitely try this updated OF, what with all this social distancing and all...
PES 2017 is becoming very popular due to the turds recently created within the PES Franchise.
You won't get much change from £20 on AMAZON for PES 2017, which speaks volumes as PES 2020 is about £15!

Try CEX for 2017, around £5

I have one disc to give away. If you are interested... :)

I have one disc to give away. If you are interested... :)
Wow, that’s very kind of you!
The shipping costs and custom taxes might defeat the purpose here, but I appreciate it nonetheless! 👍🏻

Wow, that’s very kind of you!
The shipping costs and custom taxes might defeat the purpose here, but I appreciate it nonetheless! 👍🏻
shipping costs would be all yours! :D ...but cant be that much.
where would it go to? send me a private message if you are still interested.

on another note and i post here so it doesnt come across to negative. ;)
i was playing Brighton vs. Sheffield in 2017 (with @AntonyC_PESCustomFaces 's awesome OF) last night, but its not about the gameplay at core, this comment is about stadium atmosphere. i replayed the exact fixture in 2020 later that night. and it was night and way. man, how the crowd is so passive/monotone (same as the AI)! i can not feel joy anymore while playing 2020. the AI, my team mates AI and the crowd noise (not mentioning missing variations/life like behaviour in a lot of other situations)... stuff that is present 99% during playing the game...

i'm so glad i can ALWAYS fall back to a game that brings me joy!

Graphic wise it's true, but take a look at brightside.
Why should I look at the "bright" side as matches in the sunlight are the ones reminding me that they didn't even bother adding the bloody shadow cast by the goalposts in sunlight during actual gameplay? 🤬
Other than that, I can confirm that gameplay wise also the PC version of the game still plays good.

Why should I look at the "bright" side as matches in the sunlight are the ones reminding me that they didn't even bother adding the bloody shadow cast by the goalposts in sunlight during actual gameplay? 🤬
Other than that, I can confirm that gameplay wise also the PC version of the game still plays good.

The brightside i was talking about mods on PC version not the actual enlightenment, lol :LMAO:

shipping costs would be all yours! :D ...but cant be that much.
where would it go to? send me a private message if you are still interested.

That goes without saying, of course😄
What I meant is I might find some old used copy here that would cost me less than the shipping.
I’m in Toronto. I’m guessing you live in Europe?

As for the other thing you mention, I do get that feeling too. PES 2019 and 2020 didn’t quite capture the same atmosphere.

2018 was much better, but with a rigged AI that would play on Superstar as if in Legend mode. But if it wasn’t for that, 2018 would have been playable IMO

Talking about my audio setup in the other thread, 2017 audio settings are different.

The crowd sounds more varied and football crowd like. The on pitch sounds in comparison are not that detailed, imo.

So I’m enjoying the stadium atmosphere with the following settings. Give it a try.

Attachments

• 86B04E57-16DA-45E8-BD4A-0123A9882FB6.jpeg
    86B04E57-16DA-45E8-BD4A-0123A9882FB6.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
@PRO_TOO do you finally edit on PC tool dude?
Yes. But No slammy! I did a couple of things (teams and players).
But: Since I enjoy the benefits of @AntonyC_PESCustomFaces ’s OF, I did not edit anymore on PC. The thing is, you have to rely on fake or free players and if I edit my own stuff it would (surely) be mixed up with Antony’s and cause problems. And i don’t want to miss on the amazing stuff he did to game via his OF.

BTW, CLICK HERE for fun!

As you sure noticed, I’m looking forward helping a little with minor details like cosmetics, animations and that stuff... adding a bit more authenticity to the game. That’s less complicated and ensures a more flawless OF.

And trust me, behind the scenes, the wizard brews his potion. ;)

Toadwart playing PES now... :BYE:

Yes. But No slammy! I did a couple of things (teams and players).
But: Since I enjoy the benefits of @AntonyC_PESCustomFaces ’s OF, I did not edit anymore on PC. The thing is, you have to rely on fake or free players and if I edit my own stuff it would (surely) be mixed up with Antony’s and cause problems. And i don’t want to miss on the amazing stuff he did to game via his OF.

BTW, CLICK HERE for fun!

As you sure noticed, I’m looking forward helping a little with minor details like cosmetics, animations and that stuff... adding a bit more authenticity to the game. That’s less complicated and ensures a more flawless OF.

And trust me, behind the scenes, the wizard brews his potion. ;)

Toadwart playing PES now... :BYE:
yEAH I know about this, i've downloaded the No-kits version and i have scheduled a ML run in the future. I plan to make a "headless-chicken challenge".

FYI this challenge is to download an OF from some reliable editor and try to play it, without editing even a single Wristband. FYI too, i have failed on this challenge in every PES since PES 3. The first minute i see some detail i want different, i keep records and then go outside to edit mode and put my personal preferences. That's how i end up playing a game 1.000 hours, which are 600 hours of clear playing and editing it for the rest 400 hours!!! :(

This game is awesome, but can't score many long shots. Is it helpful to lower superstar difficulty to topplayer? My idea is that top player is more realistic. My shooting settings are advanced and sometimes I shoot Manuel. How do you shoot a knuckle ball? in the controllers there isn't a special button option for knuckleball anymore (if I remember correctly in Pes 2016 it was press the shoot button twice). Lovely game, but shooting can be better.

This game is awesome, but can't score many long shots. Is it helpful to lower superstar difficulty to topplayer? My idea is that top player is more realistic. My shooting settings are advanced and sometimes I shoot Manuel. How do you shoot a knuckle ball? in the controllers there isn't a special button option for knuckleball anymore (if I remember correctly in Pes 2016 it was press the shoot button twice). Lovely game, but shooting can be better.

Hi Joel.
The shooting is great in PES 2017.
Knuckle shots are shoot, as the the player strikes the ball, you push shoot again.

For dipping shots, shoot and then pull backwards.

It helps if the players you're shooting with have the player skills "long range drive" and/or "knuckle shot".

From my YouTube Channel. Not a tutorial, but certainly something to wet your appetite. Especially number 1!

Back
Top Bottom