PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I do not know if anyone else has noticed, small quality detail, but some fake players from PEU league have preset mini faces in gameplan screen. Checking from PESmaster, Gharnetova and PES United players do have, Fineseeberg do not have and so on, they have they ugly grey figure.
Basically it is so wierd that some fake players have, but not all!

https://www.pesmaster.com/peu-league/pes-2017/league/39/

https://www.pesmaster.com/gharnetova/pes-2017/team/2357/

https://www.pesmaster.com/pes-united/pes-2017/team/199/

https://www.pesmaster.com/kriedbach/pes-2017/team/2300/

There's a PES 2017 PS4 update file to 2020 in my Thread on this site.
Feel free to download it and install.

PES 2017 is a wonderful game and it deserves to be embraced.
"2017" is just a number and not a reason to be archived.
I play one xbox one. But when the ps5 is out i’m thinking to buy a cheap ps4 with pes2017. Great option file!

I do not know if anyone else has noticed, small quality detail, but some fake players from PEU league have preset mini faces in gameplan screen. Checking from PESmaster, Gharnetova and PES United players do have, Fineseeberg do not have and so on, they have they ugly grey figure.
Basically it is so wierd that some fake players have, but not all!

https://www.pesmaster.com/peu-league/pes-2017/league/39/

https://www.pesmaster.com/gharnetova/pes-2017/team/2357/

https://www.pesmaster.com/pes-united/pes-2017/team/199/

https://www.pesmaster.com/kriedbach/pes-2017/team/2300/

Yeah, it's annoying! I created some classic players like Zanetti over those players expecting them to have a Grey mini face, but they're not. And usually players who look nothing like the players I'm building. Zanetti, mini face is bald with a beard!

Yeah, it's annoying! I created some classic players like Zanetti over those players expecting them to have a Grey mini face, but they're not. And usually players who look nothing like the players I'm building. Zanetti, mini face is bald with a beard!
Due to an OF, i had a Scandinavian player of Panathinaikos with an African miniface and i was forced to fix them by myself, by searching to match the mini face with an African created player.

The goal from Ramsey was it a manuel or basic shot? I haven’t scored from this range yet. I play superstar. My keepers aren’t downgraded because i play on the xbox.

Basic Shooting, but... striking a ball whilst it's rolling away from goal allows the player to get a lot of power on the shot.

Also, when shooting, try pushing the left stick in the opposite direction to the way you're shooting...

So if you're shooting to the right, like Ramsey in this vid, once you've pushed the shoot button, push the left control stick to the left.

@PRO_TOO relating to a discussion we had some weeks ago, here is a kit created in PES2017 template and used in PES2018, the same applies to 2019/2020 and vice-versa. Just check the NIKE logo on the socks.

Basically i took an ARSENAL puma kit, that i liked its colours and "converted" to a NIKE one, i did not create it from scratch.

Attachments

• PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018_20200517123212.jpg
    PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2018_20200517123212.jpg
    869.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
@PRO_TOO relating to a discussion we had some weeks ago, here is a kit created in PES2017 template and used in PES2018, the same applies to 2019/2020 and vice-versa. Just check the NIKE logo on the socks.

Basically i took an ARSENAL puma kit, that i liked its colours and "converted" to a NIKE one, i did not create it from scratch.
See. The swoosh isn’t centered on the shin guard. That’s my problem too. Plus: I have those weird placeholder stripes on socks and sleeves.
I don’t mind it to much while playing but it would be awesome if it was fixed for me.

See. The swoosh isn’t centered on the shin guard. That’s my problem too. Plus: I have those weird placeholder stripes on socks and sleeves.
I don’t mind it to much while playing but it would be awesome if it was fixed for me.
I am not sure which placeholder you mean, but here is an image with the socks part in kit template ( i am sure you know it already,just in case i understood correct), so you can always fix it in a PC programe, if you have time and a good image editing app and if the image frame helps you do micro-edits. :) The socks are in the RED DOTTED SQUARE.

Attachments

• KIT_demo.jpg
    KIT_demo.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 3
@PRO_TOO For example, someone from pesgaming forum,requested the Corinthians 2020 home kit, but with white shorts. I found through datamines the default kits from PES 2020 database, copypasted the white shorts from away kit, did some quick mini-edits on PC, and created the requested kit. If the parts are easy to edit and do not have other colliding patterns in the mix, it is easy to do your fixes.

Attachments

• COR 2020 kit.jpg
    COR 2020 kit.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 3
  • MY-Corinthians White Shorts-DEMO.jpg
    MY-Corinthians White Shorts-DEMO.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
thanks slammy, for the effort!
my pics are fine, afaik! they dont have anything weird in it. i will upload one as an example later. maybe we can figure it out.
and yeah, i edit those pics for years now, i know where what is located.
i'll be back!

I have edited a couple of the kits with the silly patterns on socks and sleeves. I merely extended the shirt sleeves a little bit by copying and pasting a strip of the last part of the sleeve.
Done the same for the socks too and then Saved..
but the logo on socks will have to be Cut and Pasted to be more central in image.

I have edited a couple of the kits with the silly patterns on socks and sleeves. I merely extended the shirt sleeves a little bit by copying and pasting a strip of the last part of the sleeve.
Done the same for the socks too and then Saved..
but the logo on socks will have to be Cut and Pasted to be more central in image.
In an ideal world, Konami would give us a devpack for every pes in their website, containing a proper kit maker ala pes master and a 3d model like blender, so we could make edits and tests on the fly.
But we live in the real world unfortunately, not in the ideal one. :)

Been playing a lot of 2017 this week for the first time since, well... 2017.

Guess I couldn't care less what happens with 2021, This game is a masterpiece. It also makes me terribley sad to play because when you consider the things PES 2020 does well, All it really needs is an untouched 2017 to work off. How is it that a game from 3 years earlier is a perfect foundation yet principle things such as AI, Player positioning, Responsiveness and player physics seem to regress?

What is it with annual sports franchises this generation that seems to cause this?

Anyway i managed to track down @Chris Davies "Best of Everything" OF which is basically his magnum opus :APPLAUD:and thankfully the installation worked.

First of all, The responsiveness - Wow. I don't want to feel like i'm playing the blitzball of PES 2019 but compared to the trucks on ice of 2020, 2017 does feel like it's 100mph at first but it's not, It's just a culture shock. I've always maintained that modern day professional footballers are pharmaceutical athletes and thus should feel like them and their agility should be reflected. Especially when you're not sprinting. It's truly a joy to control with out the burden and stress of latency and sluggishness. Now your plays and passing moves have a chance of playing out as you envisioned.

The AI on this game is something else though. As much as i didn't remember about 2017 until this week, One thing that was always etched into my memories was the outstanding AI and it's just as creative as i remembered it. Again, when you're so used to the stale patterns of the AI in 2020 - Long drilled pass from the CB, striker perfectly controls it and does the 180 turn while your defenders practise social distancing or the horrible sprint down the wing, stop on a dime and cross the ball animation with the standing foot move... Both scenario's happens EVERY MATCH and just completely breaks immersion... The AI in 2017 is a genuine surprise. I used to remark that sometimes it was like playing against a human because they will do things that doesn't typically happen from a predictable robotic CPU. Their play-makers would actually work openings and play clever through-balls, They would pass diagonally or even across the the final 3rd to keep possession rather than reaching the attacking boundary and forcing a magic pass. The AI even uses skills against you with the appropriate players which was really surprising to see!

These are just things i can think of off the top of my head. I always bring up how no other football game apart from 2019/2020 and the recent FIFA games makes me swear about player switching and sluggish defenders more than those games and it kind of spoils the experience for me because i'm in constant stress about the controls and the ensuing wrestle but those worries disappear with 2017. Instead a new sadness takes over, Just how did they bugger it all up after such a damn good Fox Engine PES?

It's not all perfect of course as there's no such thing, I've been playing on Superstar to try and get the most merciless AI experience and to be fair it's not been as stressful as i'd hoped, Mostly because of the improved responsiveness and input accountability but on Superstar - You can "tell" when the AI really "Turns it on" and sometimes it breaks out the utterly unstoppable Inazuma Eleven hyper manic extravaganza ping pong passing which is just so utterly ridiculous it makes rocket league look like the dullest fishing game of all time. However i try to give it the benefit of the doubt because it's on Superstar and it's got to be brutal to an extent but i'd argue that Superstar is still really challenging even without the cheating.

So that's my quick thoughts. I really implore everyone to at least try PES 2017 and especially for the sake of the less than £3 it cost me, A PES that is nearly 4 years old now surely feels more progressive than it's contemporary counter part - A game that's so good, It'll just make you feel sad.

Guess I couldn't care less what happens with 2021, This game is a masterpiece. It also makes me terribley sad to play because when you consider the things PES 2020 does well, All it really needs is an untouched 2017 to work off. How is it that a game from 3 years earlier is a perfect foundation yet principle things such as AI, Player positioning, Responsiveness and player physics seem to regress?

What is it with annual sports franchises this generation that seems to cause this?

Anyway i managed to track down @Chris Davies "Best of Everything" OF which is basically his magnum opus :APPLAUD:and thankfully the installation worked.

First of all, The responsiveness - Wow. I don't want to feel like i'm playing the blitzball of PES 2019 but compared to the trucks on ice of 2020, 2017 does feel like it's 100mph at first but it's not, It's just a culture shock. I've always maintained that modern day professional footballers are pharmaceutical athletes and thus should feel like them and their agility should be reflected. Especially when you're not sprinting. It's truly a joy to control with out the burden and stress of latency and sluggishness. Now your plays and passing moves have a chance of playing out as you envisioned.

The AI on this game is something else though. As much as i didn't remember about 2017 until this week, One thing that was always etched into my memories was the outstanding AI and it's just as creative as i remembered it. Again, when you're so used to the stale patterns of the AI in 2020 - Long drilled pass from the CB, striker perfectly controls it and does the 180 turn while your defenders practise social distancing or the horrible sprint down the wing, stop on a dime and cross the ball animation with the standing foot move... Both scenario's happens EVERY MATCH and just completely breaks immersion... The AI in 2017 is a genuine surprise. I used to remark that sometimes it was like playing against a human because they will do things that doesn't typically happen from a predictable robotic CPU. Their play-makers would actually work openings and play clever through-balls, They would pass diagonally or even across the the final 3rd to keep possession rather than reaching the attacking boundary and forcing a magic pass. The AI even uses skills against you with the appropriate players which was really surprising to see!

These are just things i can think of off the top of my head. I always bring up how no other football game apart from 2019/2020 and the recent FIFA games makes me swear about player switching and sluggish defenders more than those games and it kind of spoils the experience for me because i'm in constant stress about the controls and the ensuing wrestle but those worries disappear with 2017. Instead a new sadness takes over, Just how did they bugger it all up after such a damn good Fox Engine PES?

It's not all perfect of course as there's no such thing, I've been playing on Superstar to try and get the most merciless AI experience and to be fair it's not been as stressful as i'd hoped, Mostly because of the improved responsiveness and input accountability but on Superstar - You can "tell" when the AI really "Turns it on" and sometimes it breaks out the utterly unstoppable Inazuma Eleven hyper manic extravaganza ping pong passing which is just so utterly ridiculous it makes rocket league look like the dullest fishing game of all time. However i try to give it the benefit of the doubt because it's on Superstar and it's got to be brutal to an extent but i'd argue that Superstar is still really challenging even without the cheating.

So that's my quick thoughts. I really implore everyone to at least try PES 2017 and especially for the sake of the less than £3 it cost me, A PES that is nearly 4 years old now surely feels more progressive than it's contemporary counter part - A game that's so good, It'll just make you feel sad.
This! Beautifull said! :TU:
Been saying that "for ages" quite some time... and I’m not alone! :)
For the 2021 update, Konami please, just unlock those old lines of AI code!! Minor effort, mayor impact!

Enjoy my friend, enjoy!

Great fucking game mate,this game has carried me over Pes 18+19+20

The only reason I'm not playing it now,is that I have at least 20 season put together on it,and I quite simply need something else for a while,and my new (or first) liking for Pes 19 has made me play that.
But I'm sure I'll return back to my Milan dynasty soon again (won pretty much everything there for 8-9 seasons)

Btw I got a bunch of older Pes (and FIFA games) when I bought a 360 friday,I obviously made sure to get a copy of 17 there to.
Less content,but equally good gameplay.

Still regret not getting this digitally,afraid to wear down my disc eventually.
Happy for you for ndong this gem

@rockstrongo Absolutley mate, Best £3 i ever spent! There's also minor cosmetic details that seem o not get carried over too such as players shirts lifting up when they jump so you can see their torso, The kits getting soaked through in pouring rain... As far as i'm aware i don't think this visual effect takes place in 2020 other then the players skin getting a little shinier?

I should play some more matches in the rain on 2020 so i don't sound likei didn't do my research but does rain affect the way ball travels in 2020?

I played a match in the rain on 2017 and i'll post a clip of it when i can be bothered to edit it.. But the CPU played a through pass and the striker would've been well clear through on goal in dry conditions but the ball literally stopped as if the pitch was a bit water logged and my defender was able to catch up and press the striker. My mind was completely blown.

I'm pretty sure on 2020, wet conditions just makes the ball speed up if anything. Makes sense on state of the art pitches but on less conventional ones or those with long grass it should slow the ball down..

@rockstrongo Absolutley mate, Best £3 i ever spent! There's also minor cosmetic details that seem o not get carried over too such as players shirts lifting up when they jump so you can see their torso, The kits getting soaked through in pouring rain... As far as i'm aware i don't think this visual effect takes place in 2020 other then the players skin getting a little shinier?

I should play some more matches in the rain on 2020 so i don't sound likei didn't do my research but does rain affect the way ball travels in 2020?

I played a match in the rain on 2017 and i'll post a clip of it when i can be bothered to edit it.. But the CPU played a through pass and the striker would've been well clear through on goal in dry conditions but the ball literally stopped as if the pitch was a bit water logged and my defender was able to catch up and press the striker. My mind was completely blown.

I'm pretty sure on 2020, wet conditions just makes the ball speed up if anything. Makes sense on state of the art pitches but on less conventional ones or those with long grass it should slow the ball down..
Yes that's also a great detail on 17,it's not in 18 and fw,that the ball just stops rolling when it has rained for a while.
Making the pitch another difficulty/thing to deal with.
It truly is a great game

Still pissed me off to this day they only release 3 datapacks for this game. Especially they treated old gen like sh*t. They only support this game until february and just abandoned it

This was the game that I defended tooth and nail in this thread when it got released and thereafter.

Back then the discussions were very heated and quite toxic at times,some banning orders were handed out.
Thinking back on it,the discussions and the game were pretty similar to each other:)

Still pissed me off to this day they only release 3 datapacks for this game. Especially they treated old gen like sh*t. They only support this game until february and just abandoned it
Well it's good and bad. It's good because the downside to data packs on 2020 is they release so often that screws up option Files or PC patches almost every time that it gets quite ridiculous.

On 2017 there was less of a contingency from Konami to preserve editors works with data pack releases. So even though there was only 3, that's more then enough to screw up created players and duplicates.

However the downside is that yes they stop supporting the game and there's less player faces than get added like they did with 19 & 20. So really can't fault Konami for the cosmetic support. Especially for free. Most other sports games wouldn't bother and would want keep them for the next game as an incentive for you to buy the sequel.

Well it's good and bad. It's good because the downside to data packs on 2020 is they release so often that screws up option Files or PC patches almost every time that it gets quite ridiculous.

On 2017 there was less of a contingency from Konami to preserve editors works with data pack releases. So even though there was only 3, that's more then enough to screw up created players and duplicates.

However the downside is that yes they stop supporting the game and there's less player faces than get added like they did with 19 & 20. So really can't fault Konami for the cosmetic support. Especially for free. Most other sports games wouldn't bother and would want keep them for the next game as an incentive for you to buy the sequel.
Datapacks in PES 2017, were of the most destructive in the PES franchise. I use to have installed @Chris Davies BoE option file, until the last datapack reverted me back to the stone age. It broke me so hard, that i was forced to delete everytihng and install an OF from scratch. I finally procceded with an OF from Cristiano from pesgaming IIRC.

Just if anyone is interested, or you love arhceological excavations, although everything IS MEGA OUTDATED, the links for PS4 are:

BoE by Chris:
http://www.pesgaming.com/index.php?...f-everything-boe-option-file-graphics.101268/

By Cristiano92:

http://www.pesgaming.com/index.php?threads/ps4-dfl-optionfile-2017-bundesliga-and-more.100497/

And an OF i used for mix and match to fix Brasileirao, although it just messed it more...

http://www.pesgaming.com/index.php?threads/ps4-pes2017-option-file-brasileirao-atualizado.101653/

Note: Everything is very outdated and probably some links maybe dead.

Back
Top Bottom