PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Where do I check this mate? I'm installing game now - only a small update required (3.5 GB)
In the frist game screen that says 'PRESS :x: BUTTON". But i assume since you are updating and did not start vanilla, you will have the final datapack.

In the frist game screen that says 'PRESS :x: BUTTON". But i assume since you are updating and did not start vanilla, you will have the final datapack.
Yes - it doesn't let me apply a Live Update though because servers have been turned off.

Just played a quick exhibition match. FUN IS BACK! I forgot what fun in a football game felt like.

Now to install Option File. See you all tonight :LOL:

Yes - it doesn't let me apply a Live Update though because servers have been turned off.

Just played a quick exhibition match. FUN IS BACK! I forgot what fun in a football game felt like.

Now to install Option File. See you all tonight :LOL:
Where can I download Chris OF?

Thanks, I used one of Chris OF before and was awesome. How can you get today's players and kits?
Here mate:

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2017-updated-2020-files-includes-team-league-identity.82803/

I'm using Chris Davies' OF though. The issue with 'modern day' kits on PES 2017 is that they don't fit properly and look a bit weird. If you don't mind that, download the above OF.

Back to PES 2017's gameplay: thank you @rockstrongo @PRO_TOO and everyone else who has revived this thread/game. It's an absolute joy to play. It feels like a PES game and every match feels so different to me. That's the thing with PES 2020, it doesn't remind me of a PES game at all. It's a myClub game, stats don't make much of a difference, it's a clunky borefest.

This game will do me for a good while. I'm going to start a ML with Man Utd I think - this is the season when Mourinho first joined so I'm going to do the opposite to him and attempt to play attacking football. First thing I'll do is sell the cloggers like Fellaini and Rooney! Plus I really love the 3 United kits in this season. I can't play a ML campaign if I hate the kits.

But yeah, this game is addictive - it's amazing that a game which cost me 4 quid on ebay is giving me this much pleasure.

Here mate:

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2017-updated-2020-files-includes-team-league-identity.82803/

I'm using Chris Davies' OF though. The issue with 'modern day' kits on PES 2017 is that they don't fit properly and look a bit weird. If you don't mind that, download the above OF.

Back to PES 2017's gameplay: thank you @rockstrongo @PRO_TOO and everyone else who has revived this thread/game. It's an absolute joy to play. It feels like a PES game and every match feels so different to me. That's the thing with PES 2020, it doesn't remind me of a PES game at all. It's a myClub game, stats don't make much of a difference, it's a clunky borefest.

This game will do me for a good while. I'm going to start a ML with Man Utd I think - this is the season when Mourinho first joined so I'm going to do the opposite to him and attempt to play attacking football. First thing I'll do is sell the cloggers like Fellaini and Rooney! Plus I really love the 3 United kits in this season. I can't play a ML campaign if I hate the kits.

But yeah, this game is addictive - it's amazing that a game which cost me 4 quid on ebay is giving me this much pleasure.
#mouout

This game is amazing mate. I can’t believe how much Konami have gone backwards. I couldn’t play PES 2020 again after this.

I’m desperate to start a ML now but my son won’t let me. When he goes to bed I’m going to spend all night on this!
Glad you've found a game that you like.
Yeah this is always my go to game when all else is shite.
Great game man

Holy s**t. This game is so good.

Started ML on Super Star. First game as Man Utd v Leicester City in the Community Shield. I managed to win 2-1 both goals from Ibrahimovich. But when I went 2-0 up, Leicester completely changed tactics and got one back with Vardy.

THEN GET THIS. They get two players sent off. One of their players picked up two yellows, the other (Wes Morgan) with a straight red for going straight through Martial! I've never seen two reds in a PES game for....years?!

This is my football game. F**k the rest! Not feeling Man Utd though, think I'll try a team with average players. Middlesbrough or maybe Everton.

I played Chelsea vs Bradford in Konami cup 3-2 win. 8 freekicks for me 7 for them. Konami had this nailed why change it with former versions? But I am enjoying PES 20 ML.

I played Chelsea vs Bradford in Konami cup 3-2 win. 8 freekicks for me 7 for them. Konami had this nailed why change it with former versions? But I am enjoying PES 20 ML.
It's crazy. I'm getting so many different matches in this, so many fouls, free kicks...this game is nearly 4 years old now!

It's crazy. I'm getting so many different matches in this, so many fouls, free kicks...this game is nearly 4 years old now!
EarnestEnragedIrrawaddydolphin-size_restricted.gif

I can say I reinstalled 2017 on PS4 to play a few exhibition games. The CPU AI is so much better than 2018-19-20, it hurts they sacrificed this for shinier graphics/grass/lighting.

Also, the gameplay itself, it feels like there is still part of that PES old-school feeling when I play it. It’s more “arcade” for sure (especially on default speed), but I relearned this is actually a good thing.

It’s the best PES of the Fox Engine cycle.

Maybe I will redownload this on PC (as it’s the same gameplay) and check some patches/mods again.

I’ve only just stopped playing this. Nearly 1am. Started a Middlesbrough save. Had some absolute thrilling matches.

I like this on -1. It’s a little quick but the best PES games were - nice and responsive.

what a football game this is.

Gotta agree that, after a few more matches tonight, this is the best version of PES .... better than my beloved 18.

It is depressing that they had such a good foundation and have ditched so much of the good stuff in 2020. 2017 is so well balanced, stats clearly matter, even to the cpu players, very little over-boosting cpu and cpu-auto-goals, even on superstar.

Let's hope they add all this good stuff back in for 2022.

Gotta agree that, after a few more matches tonight, this is the best version of PES .... better than my beloved 18.

It is depressing that they had such a good foundation and have ditched so much of the good stuff in 2020. 2017 is so well balanced, stats clearly matter, even to the cpu players, very little over-boosting cpu and cpu-auto-goals, even on superstar.

Let's hope they add all this good stuff back in for 2022.
I agree. I can’t play another football game now I’ve spent a few evenings with this. PES 2019 and 2020 just feel extremely dumbed down to me now. (I’m not saying this is perfect either, it’s got its flaws for sure. But for an old-ish game, it’s damn fun and unpredictable.)

Last edited:
Which settings are you guys playing? Sprinting feels more free on top player then superstar for me. But topplayer is a bit easy. Maybe i start a master league with a weak team on top player.

This is even better in -2. Probably because I'm used to how slow PES 2020 is but this game just feels right. I love it.
-2 feels to sluggish for me! animations are off... to slow compared to real life, imo. then again, -1 is a tiny bit to fast but my prefered speed setting. gimme some in the middle of both! :D ...or gimme a scale of 10 to adjust! lets call this feature... hm... sliders!? ;)

-2 feels to sluggish for me! animations are off... to slow compared to real life, imo. then again, -1 is a tiny bit to fast but my prefered speed setting. gimme some in the middle of both! :D ...or gimme a scale of 10 to adjust! lets call this feature... hm... sliders!? ;)
Yeah it's definitely a little more sluggish on -2. But -1 gets TOO frantic and fast in Master League (it's fine in Exhibition!) IMO of course.

To be honest I could play this on any speed, it's a fantastic game. The best PES since PES 5. It even beats PES 2013 for me now and I LOVE that game.

Yeah it's definitely a little more sluggish on -2. But -1 gets TOO frantic and fast in Master League (it's fine in Exhibition!) IMO of course.

To be honest I could play this on any speed, it's a fantastic game. The best PES since PES 5. It even beats PES 2013 for me now and I LOVE that game.
i do fully agree here! best football game on PS4, imo! a rough prediction: i spent around 200-250 hours with it. 130 hours i got confirmed when Sony released that user specific statistics video for an anniversary.

i do fully agree here! best football game on PS4, imo! a rough prediction: i spent around 200-250 hours with it. 130 hours i got confirmed when Sony released that user specific statistics video for an anniversary.
Wow! I didn't play this enough when it was released, I didn't appreciate it enough. Then the dumbed down versions of PES came afterwards and going back to this is a breath of fresh air.

It's what you like the feel of at the end of the day. PES 2018/19/20 are definitly more looser and some will prefer that. I didn't mind 18 but got bored. 19 and 20 are awful in my opinion.

What's your 3 favourite PES games of all time?

Wow! I didn't play this enough when it was released, I didn't appreciate it enough. Then the dumbed down versions of PES came afterwards and going back to this is a breath of fresh air.

It's what you like the feel of at the end of the day. PES 2018/19/20 are definitly more looser and some will prefer that. I didn't mind 18 but got bored. 19 and 20 are awful in my opinion.

What's your 3 favourite PES games of all time?
Chose 3 data packs of your choice from PES2017! ;)

I don’t know... all the old games, I had a different view on. I was a kid back then with ISS or later with PES3 in my early 20’s.
a comparison of all the PES titles would be a watered down one to some degree, imo! at least i feel so.
so what i can put in perspective are the titles on PS4 (the latest ones)... and there, PES2017 is my clear winner! :LOVE:
btw: i liked some aspects of 2014!

ISS was awesome back then when i was young. played it local with friends... thats how it all started. local community meetings were held during the ps1 and 2 days as well! on PS3... i was beginning playing more solo (2008!?). never was a fan of the online matches as the gameplay felt (and is) different (just cant stand it)!

edit: twothousendseventeen....!!!! i bet its mostly down to the "suprise effect", the kinda human AI... variety is such an important part for me, plus: the fundamentals of the sport were transported quiet good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom