PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
logo_pes2017.png

Last edited:
On the site it all looks promising, except the adaptive AI...that might be the CPU even more cheating...but let's be positive...

On the site it all looks promising, except the adaptive AI...that might be the CPU even more cheating...but let's be positive...

That Adaptive AI was called TeamVision by Seabass in Pes 2008.

Key to PES 2008 is a proprietary adaptive AI system entitled Teamvision. Unique to the Konami game, Teamvision is a sophisticated AI programming that learns and adapts according to an individuals style of play. As such, it will learn new ways to build attacks and to counter specific movements and previous attacking or defensive errors, ensuring games are more in line with the tactical but flowing nature of the real thing.

Last edited:
but wha? how we supposed to know about this? no fb post, no tweets, no teaser

Adaptive AI is in FIFA already its basicly makes the game more aggressive if u score certain amount of goals in certain time.

Corner Kick Strategies
Control the defensive strategies on a set piece, such as marking zonal or Man to Man. Offensive options also included such as specific player movement

I hope this is true for ANY set piece, such a hit and miss from FIFA btw, its time to take it to the next level for PES.

It looks like the major themes are the new animations and ball phyiscs. Fingers crossed to see different shots and different passes.

Total Team Control - reintroducing a feature that was cut from the game in the first place.

Adaptive AI - sounds like a justification for scripting.

Authentic Visuals - the screenshots don't look that different from PES 2016, or do they?

ss_natural_motion.jpg

ss_visual.jpg

ss_od_level.jpg

ss_cornerkickcontrol.jpg

ss_first_touch.jpg

On the face of it, some of the listed 'features' are things that are vital missing pieces in 2016. whether they get delivered or not is another story.

Real touch would be massive if there is a big variation across the player ability spectrum, adaptive AI is another one as long as it isn't basic CPU cheating, more keeper animations could end up being a massive win too.

Aside from those, anything that deepens the tactical element of the game is a big plus. Advanced Instructions & Total Team control sound good and finally, i've only been moaning about it for years or so there will be an improvement to set pieces!!

Looks like 2018 or 2019 will be the game we want, hope they at least re-introduce community mode

Last edited:
Unfortunately the last few PESs have killed off my love for the game. I wont be buying it any more.
I think the reason Ive gone off gaming is the fact I dont have a good football game to get stuck into.
I dont have the time (or the energy) to sod about with option files etc.
PES RIP

Just a thought. Absolutely nothing which would indicate any changes around the absolute worst issue in pes16, referees and fouls. Not even any comment on physics

What would be the headline? We have fouls now? Cmon, they aware for sure, hopefuly the new animations will help bring out the fouls.

And there is comment on ball phaysics, nothing wrong with physics in general tho since player have weight, big players are stronger etc.

Btw those pics are from PES 2016. They must be. Altough there is nothing wrong with PES 2016's graphics up close, rather from wide view and with the night lighting/shadows/colour palette.

Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti 40m40 minutes ago
We announced key gameplay features today, because that's what PES is about. We will speak about huge changes to modes soon #PES2017

Last edited:
Just a thought. Absolutely nothing which would indicate any changes around the absolute worst issue in pes16, referees and fouls. Not even any comment on physics

Would be embarrassing on there behalf if they said CPU AI fouls and high shots are a new feature in the game

What would be the headline? We have fouls now? Cmon

Btw those pics are from PES 2016. They must be
You've just pointed out what bad PR it would be for them to say "yeah the referees were terrible last year - by the way we're still selling the Euro edition of the game, it's great, go buy it!"

So surely, if they're not that stupid, they wouldn't do a press release with screenshots of the old game!! Why would they say "the graphics are way better, but we haven't got pictures yet, so here's some pretty pictures of the old game, with no indication that that's what they are"?!

Bit of a rubbish press release really - nice that it's mostly gameplay-related but as has already been said, the "adaptive gameplay" will surely just be "when you're winning 1-0 in a cup match, the other team will put three up-front".

But then - if that's the case, it's a bit bold of them to say "it will change sports games forever", or whatever it says.

(EDIT: I was pretty close, "PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.")

Just glad PES is still going, and hope it's more enjoyable this year!

Last edited:
What would be the headline? We have fouls now? Cmon, they aware for sure, hopefuly the new animations will help bring out the fouls.

And there is comment on ball phaysics, nothing wrong with physics in general tho since player have weight, big players are stronger etc.

Btw those pics are from PES 2016. They must be. Altough there is nothing wrong with PES 2016's graphics up close, rather from wide view and with the night lighting/shadows/colour palette.

I agree with you I thought it would be a quick win though if they mentioned it with positive spin

Thing is whatever we read, hear, see it still yet have to unfold when once we play it.

Tbh it would be the best for us if B-Man could be at E3 and try the game, he represents the old PES fans needs the most, i could only rely on his review.

The stadium on the second picture could be the "Allianz Arena", does anyone recognize another stadium? ^^
I try to search, by night game it's for me the new Konami Stadium, look like a bit the new Lyon stadium. (red text like Ferguson stand, look like Konami logo)

But The day game with allianz advertising...

Last edited:
It looks promising, and it also sounds so.
Adaptive AI leaves me a little "meh", but still faithful in the end.

• If it's something like "the AI team adapts to the way the human plays (so, for example, if they see you parking the bus they stop trying to break into your defence and start bombing you from outside)" it's something great.
  • If it's just rubberbanding, no thanks.

It looks promising, and it also sounds so.
Adaptive AI leaves me a little "meh", but still faithful in the end.

• If it's something like "the AI team adapts to the way the human plays (so, for example, if they see you parking the bus they stop trying to break into your defence and start bombing you from outside)" it's something great.
  • If it's just rubberbanding, no thanks.

it is scripting simple as that

Yep, saw it! :)
Thanks mate! (:
Finally it's always the same stadium, you can see allianz (look like ?) advert in the raining game too and same entries on the corners, definitly new Konami stadium or Allianz Parque of Sao Paulo.

day light on the corner, big naming in bleu (red in the game), Allianz adverts and same structure
Allianz_Parque.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom