PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Be careful with old files - they might be screwed up given the new option file... I delete everything first and start from scratch!
had only 1 error with importing an image from some asian team.
now i need to find the Bundesliga 2 team emblems and import them. then i'm mostly done.
its some work to edit the leagues one by one. to be able to import competitions these days is so nice.

anyway. need the logos and then its on... so if anyone has a link to the 2017 2nd Bundesliga teams logos... that would be nice.

Today i played some nice games against the AI. Dribbling, shooting, attacking plays, players individuality - everything is so much better if you compared it with PES2019. It is shocking.

But i think the game is super fast and the passing is very easy and way to precise. But i can live with that and will start a ML as soon as possible!

But i think the game is super fast and the passing is very easy and way to precise. But i can live with that and will start a ML as soon as possible!
It is, hence most of us who came back (or only started their 17 adventure) play on -2 speed. -2 feels just right. Try it.

As for passes they are accurate, but its not a gamebreaker due to player awareness and responsiveness in blocking, clearing and intercepting. At the end of the day you have much more realistic stats than 18 and 19.
Also - huge thing for me is that there is very little ping pong passing. AI takes time to control the ball, look around, dribble and then pass. I dont think I conceded single goal that would come from couple of ping pong string passes from AI.

Today i played some nice games against the AI. Dribbling, shooting, attacking plays, players individuality - everything is so much better if you compared it with PES2019. It is shocking.

are you playing -2!? when i started it first time i noticed i last played it on -1. i was hammering the demo all week at -2 and so i had to set the retail to -2 to fully enjoy it.

currently editing the 2nd Bundesliga images in Pixelmator myself.

i found a lot of kits not correct assigned to the teams. its to much little work here and a little work here... it never stops. ill do it from scratch tmw!
deleting the edit data file should be enough, right!? system data for settings i can leave untouched!?

looks like my Bundesliga is still working fine. PL too. anyway... will play a cup or something tonight. ML must wait...

Last edited:
i found a lot of kits not correct assigned to the teams. its to much little work here and a little work here... it never stops. ill do it from scratch tmw!
deleting the edit data file should be enough, right!? system data for settings i can leave untouched!?

looks like my Bundesliga is still working fine. PL too. anyway... will play a cup or something tonight. ML must wait...
Cant find the zweite I used for me months ago, as I am far from my pc and can’t do proper scan from mobile phone,but I think this link is useful too
https://pesgalaxy.com/index.php/Thread/7055-Lemon´s-Kreationen/

So I’m playing this european cup with Germany.
First match is against Poland. I got up 1:0 before Lewandowski and Kuba stroke back. Poland up 2:1 I thought to myself “step it up”! In the second half I bought on Meyer and Volland. We fought back and when Volland smashed in that ball in minute 89 I was so satisfied. :) first match. First win. And what a comeback.

Second match was against the Netherlands. Oh boy, and they were pressuring much harder. I really was struggling. Attack after attack and Neuer did very well to keep a clean sheet. His offensive skills are so nicely implemented here. So I got a little more defensive (blue) and waited for counter. I had some few but was only awarded a corner. And Gomez scores from a header after Özil whipped it in. 1:0 Germany!! :)
Again they attacked aggressively. My back four were fighting so hard.
And then another corner for Germany. And another goal. 2:0 from Kroos, again after Özil hit the corner. :D
I went all defensive, subbed in some players to get time off the clock and played it down.
Dirty 2:0 win. And oh so satisfying!! Oh boy!! :D

Next up is Schottland!

Played 1:1 against Scotland. Not the best performance but we made it to the knockout phase.

...against Serbia. And what can I say?! Lost it 3:1! Nothing to moan about here. They really did it. Fair and square.

Not one goal i conceded was weird or the same twice. The variety of the matches really stand out when you compare it directly. What have they done to the 2019 AI?!

I’ll be back with more insights.

Last edited:
This is definitely the best version in the past years. Variety is awesome, compared to recent editions. Superstar is way more balanced and realistic. All this thanks to the CPU touch. I find it way easier to get the ball back if I time the pressure and tackling correctly. There´s a sense of error on the CPU side, and my team is way more responsive and aware than on 2018 and 2019 versions.

When you wake up early on a sunday morning, after some serious celebrating of your favorite team the night before, and your first thought is how to set up your division 2 team’s tactics (Stade Rennes) properly in ML to ensure relegation...
priceless!! :D
It was 78 cents but you get me! ;)

got some nice ideas when browsing the internet this morning.
http://pesmastery.com/pes-tactics-formation-tutorial/
So, let’s dive into this beautiful day! Have a good one, y’all.
Special shout out to, often forgotten by me, @slamsoze !
:BYE:

When you wake up early on a sunday morning, after some serious celebrating of your favorite team the night before, and your first thought is how to set up your division 2 team’s tactics (Stade Rennes) properly in ML to ensure relegation...
priceless!! :D
It was 78 cents but you get me! ;)

got some nice ideas when browsing the internet this morning.
http://pesmastery.com/pes-tactics-formation-tutorial/
So, let’s dive into this beautiful day! Have a good one, y’all.
Special shout out to, often forgotten by me, @slamsoze !
:BYE:
Hahaha thanx dude :) I appreciate you good words. Guten tag to everybody.
I will share a video I saw back in 2017 that it was a “life-changer”. I don’t remember why but I had some serious problems with dribbling in 2017 back then. Although I am not big fan of most videos, as I believe when you have a certain playstyle for years, no tutorial can change your mind easily. But for some reason after I saw this video I adapted some parts in my dribbling and ball management philosophy that improved my game 100%, it basically changed the way I see free space “in the field”.
I will share the link, it is really basic controls nothing special, only cause I think it helped me improve a little bit.

Hahaha thanx dude :) I appreciate you good words. Guten tag to everybody.
I will share a video I saw back in 2017 that it was a “life-changer”. I don’t remember why but I had some serious problems with dribbling in 2017 back then. Although I am not big fan of most videos, as I believe when you have a certain playstyle for years, no tutorial can change your mind easily. But for some reason after I saw this video I adapted some parts in my dribbling and ball management philosophy that improved my game 100%, it basically changed the way I see free space “in the field”.
I will share the link, it is really basic controls nothing special, only cause I think it helped me improve a little bit.
Yeah. I know these tutorial videos. Especially this one is very helpful with the graphics and stuff. Really helpful but easy to understand. Plus, it resembles real life on the pitch behavior.

Currently working on my header battles in 2017. That’s one gameplay part I need to get better in this version.

Have I mentioned the division 2 keeper yet?! Oh my... they produce some lovely saves!! First 2 matches into the season and I already thought of doing a tribute video. :)
Second league is so nice to play. Feeling like a french king! :D

Currently watching german Bundesliga.
There are so many similarities to pes2017. To PES in general!!

Can’t wait to get on with me Rennes career!!

Edit: does that look delicious to you Brits?! ;)
37db03bf-f673-4bf4-a9ywjqx.png

And cheers for the beers... big ears...!!!! :LOL:

Edit2: gameplay footage tmw!!

Last edited:
Had some series of amazing matches last night. Was going to post few moments, but after a while I realised id have to post full matches there to illustrate how insane it was..

I had shots hitting posts and curling along the whole goal line just to be cleared by last defender, had AI screamers that made my jaw drop, complete missed volley attempt, where player fell due to momentum and ball just went by him.. it was just crazy.. still seeing new animations after playing almost two full seasons there.

4th place in D2, with 2 points away from 2nd place, heading nicely towards D1.

Im finally at peace. I will still try my best to battle for decent Pes2020, but it doesnt bother me much anymore. I dont need flashy graphics and faces to make me happy. By the looks of it, Pes17 can keep me going for a long time, until something changes on both fronts.

Had some series of amazing matches last night. Was going to post few moments, but after a while I realised id have to post full matches there to illustrate how insane it was..

I had shots hitting posts and curling along the whole goal line just to be cleared by last defender, had AI screamers that made my jaw drop, complete missed volley attempt, where player fell due to momentum and ball just went by him.. it was just crazy.. still seeing new animations after playing almost two full seasons there.

Im finally at peace. I will still try my best to battle for decent Pes2020, but it doesnt bother me much anymore. I dont need flashy graphics and faces to make me happy. By the looks of it, Pes17 can keep me going for a long time, until something changes on both fronts.
The only reason I'd get a PS4 is Pes 17.
I'm at peace having no import options on all other Pes games being on Xbox.
But Pes 17...

Had some rough edit at work today because I only saved 10 min snippets. :BLINK: Will upload the matches soon.
And it’s as you said: you have to see the whole experience. Only feeling it at the sticks is better!! :)
That’s why I didn’t do a collection myself.

Sure we ain’t siblings who got separated at birth?! Gotta ask my mom a few serious question! :LMAO:

Edit: still waiting for my first 3 goal win! It’s all pretty close right now.

When young italian coach Toni Testoroni took over his first professional manager job at Stade Rennais, nobody thought it would start like this.
But see for yourself:

sorry for the rough edit.
There are some nice goalkeeper scenes. Love em 2nd div goalies!! Manual can look boring sometimes with all the mistakes but believe me: it’s entertaining for me! :P

Right after the season opener and a 1:0 win for Rennais, supporters of the club had the chance to meet&greet the team.
Local newspaper reported about the event wich was well received by the crowd and ended with Testoroni giving away free drinks on his debut win!

One week later they had to deliver again though.

:D you guys can stop it now! :LOL:

Just a quick comment on the menus. On the pitch it’s not 60fps, as I said. That’s sad. Before match it’s all good.
But what I wanted to say: without the servers beeing online this game loads so fast into ML. It’s a joy!!

Now let me be entertained by... yeah, me!! aka head coach of Stade de Reims!! R E I M S!!
Get that in your heads people!! :LOL:

:LOVE: #lovemyevowebcommunity :BY:

Back
Top Bottom