PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Anyone help me out here.. I've exported some teams, decrypted them edited a few stats and got rid of some old players. Exported the hex and then saved and re encrypted.. The encrypted file size as gone from 8 bytes to 25 bytes and won't import. I think its to do with the inserting the hex into the editor but not 100%

BUY PLAYERS!!!
you got a solid transfer fund there son!
:LOL:
if I could only spend it on stadiums, balls, shoes, wine and cheerleaders.. :LOL:
Im a bit of a weirdo but I dont like to buy players. I prefer to play with home grown youth. Gives me this extra kick when i win something big with bunch of 20 year olds. ;)

:LOL:
if I could only spend it on stadiums, balls, shoes, wine and cheerleaders.. :LOL:
Im a bit of a weirdo but I dont like to buy players. I prefer to play with home grown youth. Gives me this extra kick when i win something big with bunch of 20 year olds. ;)
You're right,much more fun to win with them kids!
I'd buy a comfy couch,a 75 inch TV and a kilo of weed!
I'm a simple man.

I didn't buy more than two players in my fifa season two.
If I return,which is likely,cheating right now on FIFA 19.... I'll probably keep going with my superstar Milan, 6/11 are homegrown though!
But it's tempting with a restart

Anyone help me out here.. I've exported some teams, decrypted them edited a few stats and got rid of some old players. Exported the hex and then saved and re encrypted.. The encrypted file size as gone from 8 bytes to 25 bytes and won't import. I think its to do with the inserting the hex into the editor but not 100%
I don’t have idea. Today also for the first time in my life tried Pes decrypter for 2017. I don’t have idea from hex editing , but I remember, 12 years ago while editing some Pokémon GBA roms , which had kind of hex editing, when the value went so higher, from 8bytes->25bytes something was wrong with my edits and should be 8bytes->8bytes, I don’t know for the PES .ted,bin,etc filed if it is the same. People in the 2017 tools thread, especially the creator of decrypt, I think is @zlac can answer this better.

I used it trying to decrypt the edit0000.bin file to find the missing players of the database but it seems it does not work like PC edit0000.bin , when I tried some shortcuts with Dino editor etc,and even if I extract every single team, there is still the free agents which are hundreds or thousands.

Maybe I will export only Barca-PSG and try to change this terrible (Britney Spears platinum) blonde hair of Messi and Neymar which I am trapped since DAtapack 3. The same blonde is trapped with Lewandoski in 2018pes.

It is time for kONAMI to unleash these licenses bullshit and let us again edit hairstyle in preset faces at least when the year of the game passes , ie now to let us edit hairstyles of licensed players for 2018 and before.

So as far as i dive in database research, the closer i come to "KONAMI dark secrets :P " , that lead me to conclusion " believe and do not doubt" or stop researching and just play.
As it seems i miss another player Danilo Barbosa , who has miniface and scanned face and i think he has been edited by the OF i imported so i must search him with extreme ways to locate him, and since i do not want to torture you i opened the game from my second PS profile. It is a latest version 1.05.1 (or whatever) and DataPack 3.0 but just without any live update, so i search there in a vanilla database, where there is not any Free Agent player, everybody is in clubs and nations. I spotted Danilo there playing for Benfica , but a new mystery comes for. I miss P. Cutrone from Milan, so i went back to my main "updated" version and he was there, the biggest part of the mystery is that when i reverted to default, he was still P. Cutrone, so he is an original player, cause if he was a LiveUpdate add player, he could not revert to default.

Sometimes it is better to play then search :P :P :P

Last edited:
I saw a post by someone (I think it wa @Rodchenko) who purchased a steam key for 2017 from instant-gaming.

£17 seems a bit dear..but its the only Pes on steam that I don't have (I have 2017 on PS4).

ANyone know if there are any good mods/dts available for 2017 as I'm considering the purchase?

I saw a post by someone (I think it wa @Rodchenko) who purchased a steam key for 2017 from instant-gaming.

£17 seems a bit dear..but its the only Pes on steam that I don't have (I have 2017 on PS4).

ANyone know if there are any good mods/dts available for 2017 as I'm considering the purchase?

Will send you a PM later, because this is too much about the PC version for this thread. But, yes, trying to figure this out as well.

well, you guys probably know that i bought PES2017 a few month ago for a very low price because i wanted to play it again. :)
turns out my original first copy was hidden in the shelf... :ROLL:

so, im giving away my olde copy! if anyone here is interrested in it... just send me a pm! i'll give it away for free, the buyer only has to take care of the shipping costs (via paypal)!
would be very cool if someone gets it that doesnt have the privilege to play 2017 yet! :)
later guys, have a good start into the week yall!

Hi I just re bought pes 2017 ps4. Is there a way to have updated squads up to 2019? Does live updates cut it or any patches? Thanks

Hi I just re bought pes 2017 ps4. Is there a way to have updated squads up to 2019? Does live updates cut it or any patches? Thanks
i guess not. most of us play the latest OF available that time. have a look a few pages back and i'm sure youll find the link to that OF.

i was playing again last night. had 20 mins of the most recent version and then finally uninstalled it from my disk.
so back to the best version from the last years, imo!
played my french ML and it was fun! :D drew that one match and was satisfied.
then i played Juventus vs ManCity. that was pretty fun too! won this 1:0 with a nice goal by subbed in Dybala!
there is nothing really new to report here, just that i had fun with it! :) how good it was...! man!!

will be playing a tournament tonight! lets see what minor national team i can bring glory to! :D

edit: @pawluliga i had a quick look a few pages back for you. @Chris Davies' tutorial is the way to go!
see here: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-discussion-thread-ps4-xb1.79222/page-304#post-3369840

i guess not. most of us play the latest OF available that time. have a look a few pages back and i'm sure youll find the link to that OF.

i was playing again last night. had 20 mins of the most recent version and then finally uninstalled it from my disk.
so back to the best version from the last years, imo!
played my french ML and it was fun! :D drew that one match and was satisfied.
then i played Juventus vs ManCity. that was pretty fun too! won this 1:0 with a nice goal by subbed in Dybala!
there is nothing really new to report here, just that i had fun with it! :) how good it was...! man!!

will be playing a tournament tonight! lets see what minor national team i can bring glory to! :D

edit: @pawluliga i had a quick look a few pages back for you. @Chris Davies' tutorial is the way to go!
see here: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2019-discussion-thread-ps4-xb1.79222/page-304#post-3369840

I'd buy a comfy couch
Got it already (by the way, do you remember me saying I'd have loved to buy a Poäng too, back in the day? I finally got it! :D)
a 75 inch TV
Oh well, a little too big for me. The 49" one we have now is more than enough... When the wife isn't using it for her TV series at least.
and a kilo of weed!
Not my cup of tea, honestly. I'd rather start stockpiling bottles of Vermentino instead if you don't mind.

This being said... I think I'll start playing PES 2017 again soon. In the past weeks I tried all of the most recent ones again (from 2014 to 2019) and, well, there's nothing to do: 2015 and 2017 (especially the latter) are the ones I always return to.

Got it already (by the way, do you remember me saying I'd have loved to buy a Poäng too, back in the day? I finally got it! :D)
Oh well, a little too big for me. The 49" one we have now is more than enough... When the wife isn't using it for her TV series at least.
Not my cup of tea, honestly. I'd rather start stockpiling bottles of Vermentino instead if you don't mind.

This being said... I think I'll start playing PES 2017 again soon. In the past weeks I tried all of the most recent ones again (from 2014 to 2019) and, well, there's nothing to do: 2015 and 2017 (especially the latter) are the ones I always return to.
You bought a poäng?
Nice,very comfy indeed,love playing from mine.
Was searching for "DIY racing chairs" on YT,and most DIY chairs were actually poäng chairs:)
Maybe IKEA needs to market them as gaming/racing chairs?

Pes 17 is always a good idea to return to,I haven't played a single game of football since early April,got tired of FIFA's staleness,football is and should always be physical,that's not the case there.
And Pes 19/18 is out of the question for me,to predictable (and no fouls on 18) plus the insane scripting.
I was always ok with 17s scripting,and the rest if the gameplay is so good,so even if it gets scripted,it's barrable.
If,I get the football craving again,I'd return to it.

I've played nearly 2 seasons of 2k19 in two months (160+ games) so that's were my time is tied up,and recently,State of Decay 2 (gamepass) I'm pretty much obsessed with it.
Nice hearing from you again pal,have fun with Pes 17

You bought a poäng?
Yeah, and not only! Apart from the couch, our entire living room is coming from IKEA. About the armchair, here it is:
uMUYpCK.png
I'm not using it for gaming though (couch FTW) but we're using it in our (very small indeed) reading corner. I bet you've also recognized my old friends "Billy" and "Gnedby" on the background...

Maybe IKEA needs to market them as gaming/racing chairs?
Back in the day I thought I'd sooner or later buy a PS Vågö chair for that, but the missus isn't really agreeing. :WHISTLE:

Nice hearing from you again pal,have fun with Pes 17
Yeah I've been hard to find for a while but apparently I can't stay really away from this place (and from this very game) for too long. Nice to hear again from you too, and glad you also still like 2017. :)

Yeah, and not only! Apart from the couch, our entire living room is coming from IKEA. About the armchair, here it is:
uMUYpCK.png
I'm not using it for gaming though (couch FTW) but we're using it in our (very small indeed) reading corner. I bet you've also recognized my old friends "Billy" and "Gnedby" on the background...

Back in the day I thought I'd sooner or later buy a PS Vågö chair for that, but the missus isn't really agreeing. :WHISTLE:

Yeah I've been hard to find for a while but apparently I can't stay really away from this place (and from this very game) for too long. Nice to hear again from you too, and glad you also still like 2017. :)
Indeed I do recognise the Billy bookshelf back there,we have three,but we bought the lower ones.
That's a lovely reading area there
Couch is an IKEA too here.
I think growing up in Scandinavia,design is really important (not saying it's not in other parts) but I would have a hard time living in an apartment that isn't by Scandinavian design (not to many cupboards in the kitchen etc).
But,an old house in Tuscany,rural Italian style is high on my list as well:)

To bad there's no servers for Pes 17 anymore,never played it online,and it would be a great game playing long games online with.

Not here that much either pal,I have zero interest in both fifa 20 or Pes 20 to be honest,it's probably just going to be a small upgrade from last year,and that doesn't do it for me.
Plus,last year I got fifa 19 for free (new Xbox one X) and I only paid € 14-15 for Pes on release (a gaming store had some offer)
Just the thought of paying €120 for both 20's this year is out of the question.
Which team will you be playing as on 17?
I had so many Milan seasons on that game,had a super team in the end.
Keep us updated pal!
Feel free to hook me up if you see me on Xbox and want to play a game (don't have fifa 18 anymore though)

Which team will you be playing as on 17?
I haven't decided yet.
Surely not a "big" team. I've played half a season with Cunturipa on PC back in the day and enjoyed it while it lasted (my beloved Sarda will forever have a special place in my heart), then I had a break to play some ProClubs and came back to Xbox One to play some Atalanta.

I'm tempted to do something different this time though, to avoid the respawns "spoiling" it in the long run: I was thinking about removing all the real players from PES 2017 PC (by randomizing their names and skills with some editor) and then to start a ML with players that would be, at that time, totally unknown to me.
This would surely take some time to set up (and several hours fiddling with an external editor I guess) but as at the moment I'm not looking forward to 20 either, it could be interesting. :)

I haven't decided yet.
Surely not a "big" team. I've played half a season with Cunturipa on PC back in the day and enjoyed it while it lasted (my beloved Sarda will forever have a special place in my heart), then I had a break to play some ProClubs and came back to Xbox One to play some Atalanta.

I'm tempted to do something different this time though, to avoid the respawns "spoiling" it in the long run: I was thinking about removing all the real players from PES 2017 PC (by randomizing their names and skills with some editor) and then to start a ML with players that would be, at that time, totally unknown to me.
This would surely take some time to set up (and several hours fiddling with an external editor I guess) but as at the moment I'm not looking forward to 20 either, it could be interesting. :)
Sounds like a brilliant idea.
Editing and fiddling with Pes is pretty underated,always loved doing that.

Due to unforseen circumstances I have to be on my toes this week, so had to put Days Gone aside and play something fast and simple to be able to switch it off anytime.

So went back to my Mallorca save, finished my season and it sort of sucked me in again.
Won Division 2 title and got promoted to La Liga. Had my first match - 2-2.
This game really has something. Packs some nice punches, with physicality and shots. Some of the goals I scored these last few days were sooo damn satisfying!

If all fails im glad to have this game to go back to.

Last night I had my first match against big team. It happened to be Real Madrid.
First half was tight, not many chances. They were very good defensively.
43rd minute I managed to go 1-0 up. It was tight, but seemed like I had it under control.
Second half, 56th minute they had a cross into the box. I was trying to clear it and head it to my own net. Well, shit.. carry on, lads, its all good.
5 mins later they were 2-1 up. It wasnt tiki-taka, wasnt some magic cross, they played me like a child. I actually smiled, coz it looked like human player was teasing some muppet, who cant play.. they embarrassed me.
After that I thought - bollox to that, I have to go more offensive. Did few tweaks and started creating more dangerous chances. Just when I thought Im getting there, Modric hits this long range belter and destroys me. :LOL:
I managed to score for 2-3 before the end but that was it.
No feeling of being cheated, no feeling of AI boost, just a really good game, where big players showed their skills and taught me a lesson.

Last night I had my first match against big team. It happened to be Real Madrid.
First half was tight, not many chances. They were very good defensively.
43rd minute I managed to go 1-0 up. It was tight, but seemed like I had it under control.
Second half, 56th minute they had a cross into the box. I was trying to clear it and head it to my own net. Well, shit.. carry on, lads, its all good.
5 mins later they were 2-1 up. It wasnt tiki-taka, wasnt some magic cross, they played me like a child. I actually smiled, coz it looked like human player was teasing some muppet, who cant play.. they embarrassed me.
After that I thought - bollox to that, I have to go more offensive. Did few tweaks and started creating more dangerous chances. Just when I thought Im getting there, Modric hits this long range belter and destroys me. :LOL:
I managed to score for 2-3 before the end but that was it.
No feeling of being cheated, no feeling of AI boost, just a really good game, where big players showed their skills and taught me a lesson.
Typically Mallorca, bottling it!
(Pretty good feeling getting beaten fair and square right?)

Before that awesome thread gets moved to the second page... ;)

Had a blast last night. Nothing to do... felt bored, I started up 2017. Choose to play a CL match Bayern vs. Sevilla (20min... settings as always).
Nothing to moan here. Just pure fun for me. Won it 2:0. That was nice but the whole game was fun, not just the final score. That Lewandowski goal... some great scenes from the AI too. How they switched their attack/defense level multiple times (when it fitted)... nice.

Again, this bought joy to me and I just wanna share. Have those scenes captured in video.

Only gripe, and I might think that’s what annoyed me when it was fresh: some clear foul tackles aren’t penalized. Other than that: best PES on PS4 for me.

Have a nice weekend y’all.

Before that awesome thread gets moved to the second page... ;)

Had a blast last night. Nothing to do... felt bored, I started up 2017. Choose to play a CL match Bayern vs. Sevilla (20min... settings as always).
Nothing to moan here. Just pure fun for me. Won it 2:0. That was nice but the whole game was fun, not just the final score. That Lewandowski goal... some great scenes from the AI too. How they switched their attack/defense level multiple times (when it fitted)... nice.

Again, this bought joy to me and I just wanna share. Have those scenes captured in video.

Only gripe, and I might think that’s what annoyed me when it was fresh: some clear foul tackles aren’t penalized. Other than that: best PES on PS4 for me.

Have a nice weekend y’all.
Despite the better set-up , pes2017 could n't escape the "penalty taboo". It seems it exists since pes2016 for sure, maybe 2015 (i don't remember my penalties amount in 2015, i must check vsCOM records in my PC)

Despite the better set-up , pes2017 could n't escape the "penalty taboo". It seems it exists since pes2016 for sure, maybe 2015 (i don't remember my penalties amount in 2015, i must check vsCOM records in my PC)
Yes. Had 2 situations in that match from last night...
Robben pushing into the penalty area, doing some hokus pokus, get fouled, some nice stumble animation but no whistle.
Then, Lewandowski entering the pen area, getting fouled (AI did not touch the ball), no penalty.
The root is the fouls per se. And this translates into the pen area too. Sad.
But hey... there is a lot more to enjoy than to moan, imo.
The newest version of PES does it the other way around, imo. ;)

edit: man, imagine these nice collision animations in 2017 and fouls working! that would be to nice!

Last edited:
Yes. Had 2 situations in that match from last night...
Robben pushing into the penalty area, doing some hokus pokus, get fouled, some nice stumble animation but no whistle.
Then, Lewandowski entering the pen area, getting fouled (AI did not touch the ball), no penalty.
The root is the fouls per se. And this translates into the pen area too. Sad.
But hey... there is a lot more to enjoy than to moan, imo.
The newest version of PES does it the other way around, imo. ;)
Strange thing which i still remember, both in 17-18, my first couple of penatlies, was after i used some R-Stick and R2-close control tricks and forced the CPU GoalKeeper to tackle me, from clearly behind position, although no card (red/yellow) was showed. But i felt, i more forced the CPU to foul me, than it came as a natural impact. It is strange, cause Goalkeepers making fouls, is almost "removed" in the recent PES games. It is like the game says you, "If you want a penalty you must earn it by entering the penalty box and pulling some tricks to provoke it".

FunFact: In ISS on SNES, there was a similar situation, were the AI did n't make fouls at all, but in lower EASY and MEDIUM. For the first 6 months i was playing on lower difficulties, i had never had eanred a single free kick. Since i after jumped to HARD, they were fouling me, but only outside penalty area. I had found back then, a type of "glitch". If you entered the penalty area and started making circles around your self with the ball, the CPU always tackled you, so if you turned your back in the right timing, it was a guaranteed 100% penalty kick.
:P :D

Strange thing which i still remember, both in 17-18, my first couple of penatlies, was after i used some R-Stick and R2-close control tricks and forced the CPU GoalKeeper to tackle me, from clearly behind position, although no card (red/yellow) was showed. But i felt, i more forced the CPU to foul me, than it came as a natural impact. It is strange, cause Goalkeepers making fouls, is almost "removed" in the recent PES games. It is like the game says you, "If you want a penalty you must earn it by entering the penalty box and pulling some tricks to provoke it".

FunFact: In ISS on SNES, there was a similar situation, were the AI did n't make fouls at all, but in lower EASY and MEDIUM. For the first 6 months i was playing on lower difficulties, i had never had eanred a single free kick. Since i after jumped to HARD, they were fouling me, but only outside penalty area. I had found back then, a type of "glitch". If you entered the penalty area and started making circles around your self with the ball, the CPU always tackled you, so if you turned your back in the right timing, it was a guaranteed 100% penalty kick.
:P :D
yep! had that feeling last night too.
in one situation, right next to the pen area but outside, i wanted to draw a foul. i was fiddling with the R-stick to make a step-over move. i got a free kick because my player got hit on the head by the AI. my player went down, touching the head animation included, i got the free kick.
first thing i thought: i got that free kick because i was doing some trick moves. really strange you have to force it like that. but hey, same time i was happy i got fouled standing (the AI not diving in but standing foul play)!
but then, on the other side: the AI plays so much better! they go on one-on-ones, they alter their attack pattern... that is so satisfying to me.

talking about keeper. when they are involved in field play, i press hard to push the AI back, the AI then plays around the back with the keeper (wich feels much more stable as a field player back then/more part of the team), the keeper do make mistakes, they do play out of bounds, the rush forward to play it with a sliding move, they loose the ball against my rushing attacker... love it!
and then they vary in low or high kicks from the ground when opening the game! i like that too. same as field players are more varied when doing attack moves (in 2017) , the keeper seem more varied to me too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom