PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Since i read some nice things about PES 2017 i wanted to buy it, but the game isn't even on the PSN-store or Steam anymore lol...
7dc16250d3e4172d0ec679602e75910a.jpg

havent you read my comment from weeks ago!? i have a version to give away for free! you just take care of the shipping costs and ill send it to you!! :D

edit: here it is.... https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/p...discussion-thread.76425/page-417#post-3390225

i'd be glad to make you happy by playing 2017!! :D

Last edited:
Since i read some nice things about PES 2017 i wanted to buy it, but the game isn't even on the PSN-store or Steam anymore lol...
This happens every year due to KONAMI's aggressive marketing strategy. If you check now, not even 2018 is on STEAm/PSstore. And about one week or month after 2020 release, 2019 will be removed also. They tend to remove the older games, almost immediately after the release of the new one.

Same here if I continue playing,gets a bit clunky on -2 (animations)

Yeah I tried -1 (and even 0) and the game feels a bit better to my eyes. Not that realistic, but it´s like it´s more responsive, and because I have to think faster (wich I can´t lol), it causes more "random" situations and more colisions somehow. Also, passing has a bit more punch, wich I like. But some matches are a bit speedy wich I hate... but on -2, although it´s more friendly, it doesn´t feel that natural.

Guess I have another "testing" session coming on the road... Still, the game keeps me coming back for more.

Yeah I tried -1 (and even 0) and the game feels a bit better to my eyes. Not that realistic, but it´s like it´s more responsive, and because I have to think faster (wich I can´t lol), it causes more "random" situations and more colisions somehow. Also, passing has a bit more punch, wich I like. But some matches are a bit speedy wich I hate... but on -2, although it´s more friendly, it doesn´t feel that natural.

Guess I have another "testing" session coming on the road... Still, the game keeps me coming back for more.
I use to play Pes 17 (when it came out) on 0 game speed,imo the best game speed with animations and collisions /shooting/passing ,much better than -1/2,but the downside is the speed of it.

I think they nailed the pace on 0 for both 18 and 19,let's hope 20 has that pace or even a bit slower mate

I have a theory I already posted time ago that the Speed slider kinda fuck up the game even in terms of stats output. I Always play at zero and I think it's the best option possible in any new gen game.

There is no 18/19 season OF for PS4 right? There are even ones for 19/20 already, but the ones i found are only for PC.
No, you need to go few pages back. There was a thread from @Chris Davies with all the instructions/links for OF on PS4, but unfortunately its an OF from back then.
Still - doesnt stop me from having best fun I had with football game in a while.
And yeah - im also on -2 speed, PA0, advanced through balls.

No, you need to go few pages back. There was a thread from @Chris Davies with all the instructions/links for OF on PS4, but unfortunately its an OF from back then.
Still - doesnt stop me from having best fun I had with football game in a while.
And yeah - im also on -2 speed, PA0, advanced through balls.

Yeah i saw Chris's thread and will install it when the game arrives. Looks like an amazing editing job. Thanks to @PRO_TOO for sending me his extra copy for free, really excited to try the game out :).

I'm on no assist passing and advanced shooting but on zero speed. Game is amazing still. Love the AI variety and physicality on top player

I'm on no assist passing and advanced shooting but on zero speed. Game is amazing still. Love the AI variety and physicality on top player
@rockstrongo was wrecking my head to master advanced through balls. Now that I got my head around it and that I see the benefits, I feel obliged to try to convince others.. advanced through balls are absolutely amazing! Tough, head wrecking at times, but all the crazy, curled, "impossible" through balls, that COM does sometimes - thats them. When you manage to send one like this - its so damn rewarding!

Yeah i saw Chris's thread and will install it when the game arrives. Looks like an amazing editing job. Thanks to @PRO_TOO for sending me his extra copy for free, really excited to try the game out :).
I second the following settings which give me the most joy: full manual, -2 speed, 20 min matches, professional difficulty.
It’s in the mail... Post a pic when it arrived!

@rockstrongo was wrecking my head to master advanced through balls. Now that I got my head around it and that I see the benefits, I feel obliged to try to convince others.. advanced through balls are absolutely amazing! Tough, head wrecking at times, but all the crazy, curled, "impossible" through balls, that COM does sometimes - thats them. When you manage to send one like this - its so damn rewarding!
Spreading the gospel my son!
Took me some time getting them in to,but it's a thing of beauty lifting a long pass over the defenders,chesting it down or just run in to space where it lands.
Never been able to appreciate FIFA's manual passing,especially the lofted through balls,Pes has that nailed down for sure

Last edited:
got lost in my french 2nd devision ML season last night...! what fun to play! :)

just wanted to play 1 match... after that, the offers for players and scouting results came in and i just couldnt stop.
i'm trying to build a really young squad from my youth team and i want to buy some 18-22 year olds from other teams with an OVR above 70. money is tight so im letting go of some old fellas. this is really shrinking my team to a minimum. i have each position covered with a replacement. i hope not to many player get injured in the future.

my team is at 2nd place right now, 2 points behind the table leader. 2 matches ago i won against the first placed team 2:1 (important match), but another team got ahead of us when i drew the next match.
as i was shaping my team to my liking last night... i couldnt stop! :D 20 min matches take some time too... ;) fell asleep around 3am! its gonna be a long day at work...!

...and i cant wait to play again that night!

edit: i know, i still "owe" you guys some video footage. everytime i'm on PS4, i want to edit it but same time i want to play the game! :D but its coming... sometime!! sorry.

edit: it is so much fun for me, when I’m building little side stories in my head to what is happening in the game.
That has always been a huge part of the fun i‘m getting when playing ML.
For example, my CB (Weber) was injured for 4 weeks (came back last night). Other users might just notice the grayed out player with a patch symbol in the gameplan and go on. My brain has a whole backstory for that incident. :LOL:
summary: weber got in an air battle for the ball, came down and had a concussion when he hit the pitch hard. the whole defense is relying on him so it was hard to fill the gap. i brought in a young gun and he's doing well so far. the team was happy when Weber came back last night. i'll give him 1 week for recovery training and then ill bring him back on! as he's an important part of the team i was happy to see him in the stands with the fans for the time he was out. i like that my players keep in touch with the fans. we are a family club! :D

edit3: i was looking for pics showing Weber in the stands... the newspaper were all over it, but couldnt find any. ;)
what i found was these 2 screenshots:
maxresdefault.jpg

Charbonnier is still in the team. i play him from time to time.

and this is my favorite striker in the team! a young promising player. so promising that other clubs want to buy him badly! i tried renewing his contract but he declined. i have a young backup striker so i'm calm! and i'm not putting anymore effort into training Kyei new special skills! :P i'll shift my focus to another kid. i am the manager! these young players are not giving me orders!! its the other way around! :D

edit4: just to give you a better picture about the, soon, youngest team in 2nd french devision history: i do play J. Louchet in goal! a young keeper that looks promising. and what saves he did in the past. sure there is the ususal plunder from time to time but he's still young so i give him that. he started around 55 and just hit 60 OVR last night. i'm so happy with him. he is huuuge and got some nice reflexes (his offensive goalkeeper mentality is the cherry on top)!
28 year old keeper Carrasso became his replacement. sold the other 2 keeper.

Ndom(20) and Oudin(20) became the heart of my AMF/CMF position. young player as well but i like it. you gotta have trust in them! :) on the left wing i have 28 year old brazilian Diego and to the right is playing Odair Fortes (29, from Cape Verde (you should hear his story!!!! ) :D ).
old Kankava (30) is one of the strings holding that young team together in midlfield.
btw: i have an offer running for J. Shelvey from Newcastle! but not sure if i make use of it when he is ok with it.

Last edited:
I bumped up to Superstar.
Superstar, PA0, adv.through balls, -2 speed, 15mins.
First 3 games were positive surprise. Still some AI error, not much craziness. Just a bit more pressure from AI.
2x 1-0 wins plus 1-2 loss to Atletico.
So overall - still nicely balanced. It was getting bit easy and I was leading La Liga, with 6 points ahead of second place by Xmas. I felt that I should struggle more.

Anyway - next came Real Madrid and whooped my ass 0-5. :LOL: Ronaldo and Bale were terrifying.. :LOL:

But Im very happy with Superstar. I dont think I deserve winning the league at this point.

First 3 games were positive surprise. Still some AI error, not much craziness. Just a bit more pressure from AI.
So overall - still nicely balanced. It was getting bit easy and I was leading La Liga, with 6 points ahead of second place by Xmas. I felt that I should struggle more.

Anyway - next came Real Madrid and whooped my ass 0-5. :LOL: Ronaldo and Bale were terrifying.. :LOL:

But Im very happy with Superstar. I dont think I deserve winning the league at this point.
Isn’t that nice? Between all those draws and 2:1 wins comes Real and kicks your ass!!
In 2017 i still have that feeling of differentiation sometimes.
Or for example: I watch the table ranking before each match and have a look at their players. you have to be prepared as a manager! ;) When I play against a team from the bottom of the table, I think “hey, let’s get Kyei scoring multiple goals, get him in position 1 in the goal rankings”! And then my team struggles to get a win, not thinking about how high I wanted to beat them anymore. :)
It’s just so nice sometimes. :LOVE:

Isn’t that nice? Between all those draws and 2:1 wins comes Real and kicks your ass!!
In 2017 i still have that feeling of differentiation sometimes.
Or for example: I watch the table ranking before each match and have a look at their players. you have to be prepared as a manager! ;) When I play against a team from the bottom of the table, I think “hey, let’s get Kyei scoring multiple goals, get him in position 1 in the goal rankings”! And then my team struggles to get a win, not thinking about how high I wanted to beat them anymore. :)
It’s just so nice sometimes. :LOVE:
This is the stuff that I think I miss most in the current PES. One game to the next is a very similar story - if I play 2019, whether I play against the worst teams or the best teams, the games are close 1-0s (on Top Player, with PA1 passing). I don't get hammered 5-0 by Man City, and I don't destroy Fulham 5-0 (in-fact, they always beat me because of their insane tiki-taka). It's such a shame.

I don’t see massive differences between teams but noticeable ones(in 2017).
Had a mid-table team to play last night and they focused on high balls to the striker. When I got the lead they switching from blue defensive to regular green. When in possession they upped it to attack yellow and played some more grounded football.
And the opponent AI does play around the back for more security. I like it when the keeper is involved as a field player.
I could go on... and it’s not all gold, but at least the most part is metal! ;)

When I need one goal to draw it or get the win and it’s late in the game... I open all gates (full offensive setting) and sometimes this kills me as the back line isn’t that massive anymore. :)
The tactics and the on the fly tactics are a “game in a game” for me! Love to tinker with it!! That’s the way of gambling in sports games I like. Like a real life manager does!! It’s all about risk and reward. :)

Edit: you could say: 2017 unlocked a special feature I knew from the old PS2 days! It’s called “fun”!! :D

Last edited:
Edit: you could say: 2017 unlocked a special feature I knew from the old PS2 days! It’s called “fun”!! :D

Well said. I found I still had this installed on my laptop so played a few games and it is so much more enjoyable than the last two versions, it's the only game of the current gen I've played multiple master league seasons with. Just wish the PC version was equal to PS4 (had it on both so mainly played on PS4).

I also simmed a few CPU vs CPU matches and the AI is just so much better, Liverpool vs Sunderland it was clear the difference in tactics.

Well said. I found I still had this installed on my laptop so played a few games and it is so much more enjoyable than the last two versions, it's the only game of the current gen I've played multiple master league seasons with. Just wish the PC version was equal to PS4 (had it on both so mainly played on PS4).

I also simmed a few CPU vs CPU matches and the AI is just so much better, Liverpool vs Sunderland it was clear the difference in tactics.
If I had to pick one version from ps4 it would be 2017. I’m pretty sure of that after coming back to 2019 a couple of times.
The package as a whole is the most complete, IMO. The gfx aren’t 4k-ish and the colors aren’t hdr, but that aside, physics are there, random moments (ball is free) are there, AI is there!!!, and the game just flows (see my setting a in the sig)! Only the ref gimme some headache sometimes. But they do it in real life too, so...! :D

What's fuma?
full manual!
no assists for passing shooting and such, all manual (dont forget manual controling your second team mate)!! but you dont have to. if you played with assists before (and are new to manual)... change settings slowly. go for manual passing only and then add manual shots or advanced through balls (i dont use them, some here prefer them)!
i call it elite controls! ;)

once you get the hang of manual controls, you have a new arsenal of moves at your hands wich are hidden when playing PA1,2,3!

There's definitely a difference between teams in pes17.
I was playing against Alcorcon (last place) and it was tough, but only until first goal. They were very defensive from the get go, depending only on long balls and counters. Once I scored they opened up, as they had nothing to lose anymore.

What screw me, when I played against Real, was my tactics. I got too cocky and set it up for gegenpress and moved defensive line up. That didnt work too well. Ronaldo and Bale were able to dance through few of my pressing players and I was left exposed at the back.

But thats exactly why I went up with difficulty. I was scoring 4 goals average per match using a lot of pressing and aggression. Now I need to be much more careful.

Another thing is - I still have shooting on basic, as I believe stats are being taken into account when shooting on 17. I see different players being able to curve more, or have more dipping shots.
Im afraid that manual shooting will add some "fake" element to my matches. Missing easy opportunities, or hammering goals from impossible angles.

I'm on manual pass and advanced shooting.. Its a great balance
Do you not find yourself missing a lot of easy tap ins on Advanced?
Thats how I started my adventure with manual. PA0 and Adv shooting. But easy tap ins, 2m from the goal line, were hitting the ceiling, as its awkward to pull it back that quick from that close.
Eventually I went back to basic, switching to Adv Through balls instead.

full manual!
no assists for passing shooting and such, all manual (dont forget manual controling your second team mate)!! but you dont have to. if you played with assists before (and are new to manual)... change settings slowly. go for manual passing only and then add manual shots or advanced through balls (i dont use them, some here prefer them)!
i call it elite controls! ;)

once you get the hang of manual controls, you have a new arsenal of moves at your hands wich are hidden when playing PA1,2,3!

I tried manual passing for a while, but was too frustrated too quick. I will give it another try when i finally start playing 2017 on saturday, DAMN YOU WORK AND WoW-DAILIES!

Back
Top Bottom