PES 2017 UPDATED 2020 FILES - Includes "TEAM & LEAGUE IDENTITY"

I think not mate. The PC version is a PS3 port, uses slightly different data files from PS4.
And last time I tried some PS4 exports, PES 17 in PC was not recognizing them.
Such a shame. The project looks so interesting! I hoped there was some tool or something since I think for other editions it's possible. Well too bad!

Such a shame. The project looks so interesting! I hoped there was some tool or something since I think for other editions it's possible. Well too bad!
Other editions are on par, aka ps4=next-gen, PC=next-gen.
Maybe there is a tool for 2017. I hope but I doubt.

Last edited:
Thanks for this option file, great work! I'll apply it when I get a day free. I really love the PES community it never ceases to amaze me. What would Konami do without you guys?

One question: do I have to apply the kits to every club myself? Or are they automatically applied from a .BIN file?

Thanks for this option file, great work! I'll apply it when I get a day free. I really love the PES community it never ceases to amaze me. What would Konami do without you guys?

One question: do I have to apply the kits to every club myself? Or are they automatically applied from a .BIN file?
I had to assign the kits for some teams. A lot where imported correctly. Could have been my fault though.

Hi
All kits should import automatically with the .bin files. So don’t import the images separately.

Important: Import ONE league at a time / one National Team region.

check Aston Villa. Emblem sometimes goes missing. And Juventus. Kits may not pull through. If the kits for Juve aren’t applied, check the LARGE kit images before importing them. ALL Kit Images are in alphabetical order, so importing ANY MISSING ones should be very easy.

Hi
All kits should import automatically with the .bin files. So don’t import the images separately.

check Aston Villa. Emblem sometimes goes missing. And Juventus. Kits may not pull through. If the kits for Juve aren’t applied, check the LARGE kit images before importing them. ALL Kit Images are in alphabetical order, so importing ANY MISSING ones should be very easy.
Fantastic work mate, thanks for the tips too - appreciate it.

Hi

Ah... that could’ve been my mistake. I was "all in 2020 style batch importing", the whole OF! :LOL:
Gotta remember that back in 2016 things were a bit different!
Anyway, I assigned them myself. Never gonna give up on that data on my PS4!! :LOVE:

Last edited:
@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces

Hi again mate,

I've downloaded the latest file you linked today, thanks again for this. I've just been looking through the file on my PC, very impressive.

I do have two questions:

Will the new leagues you've made like the MLS overwrite the fake leagues or do I have to assign them all myself?

Will teams like Man Utd get more kits? They've only got home and the black one, I really like this season's yellow/gold kit they sometimes wear.

Oh and also: Do I download data packs first? Are there any data packs to actually install? I guess the servers are turned off?

Last edited:
@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces

Hi again mate,

I've downloaded the latest file you linked today, thanks again for this. I've just been looking through the file on my PC, very impressive.

I do have two questions:

Will the new leagues you've made like the MLS overwrite the fake leagues or do I have to assign them all myself?

Will teams like Man Utd get more kits? They've only got home and the black one, I really like this season's yellow/gold kit they sometimes wear.

Oh and also: Do I download data packs first? Are there any data packs to actually install? I guess the servers are turned off?
I think you must have by default
PES 1.04.2 and DP 3.0. Check on screen saying "press any button"

I think you must have by default
PES 1.04.2 and DP 3.0. Check on screen saying "press any button"
Thanks mate - I've got to wait for this to arrive from ebay first, I traded in my PES 2017 and I regret doing so now. This will be the 3rd time I've bought it :LOL:

@AntonyC_PESCustomFaces

Hi again mate,

I do have two questions:

hey, your PS4 should automatically download the latest DLC etc.

All extra leagues will overwrite fake teams. Also within the zipped up files, you’ll see 4 or 5 images of leagues, so these will help to swap a few teams around etc.

hey, your PS4 should automatically download the latest DLC etc.
Thanks again mate :))
I don't think it does! You get the latest game update (stored on Sony's servers), but the DLC packs are stored on Konami's servers, and they shut down their servers for games older than two years (on console only 2019 and 2020 can access the DLC right now, as far as I know).

This is why it's so difficult playing the older games on a console - on PC all the data packs etc. can be backed up and used until the end of time. But on a console (that isn't jailbroken anyway), it's impossible...

I don't think it does! You get the latest game update (stored on Sony's servers), but the DLC packs are stored on Konami's servers, and they shut down their servers for games older than two years (on console only 2019 and 2020 can access the DLC right now, as far as I know).

This is why it's so difficult playing the older games on a console - on PC all the data packs etc. can be backed up and used until the end of time. But on a console (that isn't jailbroken anyway), it's impossible...

that’s weird. Friends of mine have noticed an update called 1.07! This is the only image I have of it from April this year... D52B155D-C009-498C-AC2A-3EC8957C5349.jpegD52B155D-C009-498C-AC2A-3EC8957C5349.jpeg

I installed PES2016 on PS4 yesterday and it downloaded the latest patch and datapack (v4.00).

Incidentally, if anyone is thinking of trying 2016 again, don't - it's awful :D. The improvement from it to 2017 is significant.

also, my friend installed the files for the very first time yesterday. He’s never had a PES Game before as he’s FIFA.
But he’s got all the Legends etc. Which I believe were released at different times throughout the DLCs?

I’m really not sure.

I installed PES2016 on PS4 yesterday and it downloaded the latest patch and datapack (v4.00).

Incidentally, if anyone is thinking of trying 2016 again, don't - it's awful :D. The improvement from it to 2017 is significant.
also, my friend installed the files for the very first time yesterday. He’s never had a PES Game before as he’s FIFA.
But he’s got all the Legends etc. Which I believe were released at different times throughout the DLCs?

I’m really not sure.
Hm, maybe it does then! I'm sure I struggled with PES 2017 last year, when I was trying to install that old BOE patch I put together, because I couldn't redownload the necessary data packs. But I could be misremembering, wouldn't be the first time! :DOH:

that’s weird. Friends of mine have noticed an update called 1.07! This is the only image I have of it from April this year... View attachment 50832View attachment 50832
I will try to explain once more how it works. Short story 1.07=1.04.2+DP3.0.

Long story (numbers are random for the shake of demostration) :

First of all this version in pictures, is the app of PS4 pes app, the equivalent of a pes.exe in PC and pes.apk in Android.
Let's name it PES.ps4
Then we have the inner pes game version, let's name it pes.innerver.
Finally we have the data packs, named them DP.

So let's start, new PES comes day one, usually without a DataPack. It is:
PES.ps4= ver. 1.00
PES.innerver= ver. 1.00
No DP.

Then After 2-3 days or a week, comes the first DataPack, so we have
PES.ps4= ver. 1.01
PES.innerver= 1.01
Datapack= 1.00

Now let's say that Konami releases a minor update in the same DP. We have :
PES.ps4= ver. 1.02
PES.innerver= 1.01.01
DP= 1.01

Now KONAMI delivers next DP, it goes
PES.ps4= 1.03
PES.innerver= 1.02
DP= 2.00.

Konami gives again a minor patch, we have:
PES.ps4=1.04
PESinnerver=1.02.01
DP=2.01

Then Konami gives a minor patch again, we have:
PES.ps4= 1.05
PES.innerver=1.02.02
DP= 2.02.

The same goes on and you can end up with:
PES.ps4=1.07
PES.innerver=1.04.02
DP=3.0.

Note: in newer pes games after 2017, the innerver and DP go side by side usually, so when the inner game ver is 1.04.01 the DP will be 4.01 too.

Note2: pes.innerver and DP are the numbers displayed inside game menu and starting screen.

I hope this helps.

I will try to explain once more how it works. Short story 1.07=1.04.2+DP3.0.

Long story (numbers are random for the shake of demostration) :

First of all this version in pictures, is the app of PS4 pes app, the equivalent of a pes.exe in PC and pes.apk in Android.
Let's name it PES.ps4
Then we have the inner pes game version, let's name it pes.innerver.
Finally we have the data packs, named them DP.

So let's start, new PES comes day one, usually without a DataPack. It is:
PES.ps4= ver. 1.00
PES.innerver= ver. 1.00
No DP.

Then After 2-3 days or a week, comes the first DataPack, so we have
PES.ps4= ver. 1.01
PES.innerver= 1.01
Datapack= 1.00

Now let's say that Konami releases a minor update in the same DP. We have :
PES.ps4= ver. 1.02
PES.innerver= 1.01.01
DP= 1.01

Now KONAMI delivers next DP, it goes
PES.ps4= 1.03
PES.innerver= 1.02
DP= 2.00.

Konami gives again a minor patch, we have:
PES.ps4=1.04
PESinnerver=1.02.01
DP=2.01

Then Konami gives a minor patch again, we have:
PES.ps4= 1.05
PES.innerver=1.02.02
DP= 2.02.

The same goes on and you can end up with:
PES.ps4=1.07
PES.innerver=1.04.02
DP=3.0.

Note: in newer pes games after 2017, the innerver and DP go side by side usually, so when the inner game ver is 1.04.01 the DP will be 4.01 too.

Note2: pes.innerver and DP are the numbers displayed inside game menu and starting screen.

I hope this helps.
Perfect... I think! 🤓

OK, sorry for hijack. I plan to try pes 16 and 15 on ps4 someday. I have only the PC versions.
So my eternal questions, if you can answer:

1) So you said it comes with latest DPs, even in a today fresh install. It includes the Euro 2016 DP, right?

2) Can you import OPption files in ps4, like we can in 2017 and later?

Content wise 2016 is the fullest PES, until 2019.

OK, sorry for hijack. I plan to try pes 16 and 15 on ps4 someday. I have only the PC versions.

1) So you said it comes with latest DPs, even in a today fresh install. It includes the Euro 2016 DP, right?

No worries. 👍🏽

there’s no .bin or .ted file importer for PES 2016, only image importer like kits and emblems and comp logos. That’s it! 🙁

Euro 2016 is in it - just the finals, not qualifiers. Unlike PES2020, it doesn't have all the smaller European nations, like San Marino, Gibraltar, etc.

It looks to me like it's not possible to import full option files. The Data Management screen has options Save / Load / Import Images / Delete Images.

Within "Import Images", you can import Strips, Team & Competitions Emblems and Manager Photos. I don't see any options to Import Team or Export Team.

UPDATE INFORMATION:

"LEAGUE IDENTITY" is also being worked on - Playing in different leagues will give a unique experience for that league.
Example: Brazil League - All teams will play with Tika Taka Advanced Tactics, with a lot of players having "One Touch Passing", "Heel Flicks", "Rabona" and "Cut Behind and Turn" player skills. Along with "Mazing Run" COM Playing Style.
*IMPORTANT*, Just because players have these skills and COM Playing Style, it does NOT mean they will all become Xavi. These skills will only be as effective as their 40-99 Passing, Ball Control and Balance Ability will allow them to be. So players will try these skills in a game, but they may end up giving the ball away or messing up the attempt.

Really liking what I've tried so far. What I particularly like is that teams that play a passing game do genuinely seem to play to their stats. I tried doing similar to this with PES2018 but one of the disappointments was that any team I gave a Short Passing style always turned into prime Barcelona, even though I reduced all the players' passing stats to around 40-60 and removed any passing "skills" .

Have you tried doing what you've done in PES2017 with player-id and team-id in PES2018 and if so, how did you find it?

I did EXACTLY the same thing... Bonnucci and Ramos and the best CBs with Long Ball Expert Com Playing Style.

BUT, then I worked out through hours of testing tactics and Playing Styles, teams with "Long Ball" Tactics won't actually play Long Ball as a lot of the players within the team aren't being told to (not having Long Ball Expert ticked)

"Long Ball Expert" doesn't actually mean the players are "Experts", it just means they will try more long balls than they usually would.
But, the accuracy depends on the players' Long Passing Ability (40-99) this will determine how accurate the pass is. So Ramos and Bonucci will play fantastic long passes (these players often have Weighted Pass too).
But when Phil Jones goes for a long pass (70 long pass ability), it often won't be as accurate as Ramos etc.

So... a player's COM Playing Style "Long Ball Expert" does NOT mean the player becomes an "Expert" like De Bruyne. It merely tells the player to hit the ball long when the opportunity arises.

This has revolutionised my game and has added many more dimensions. Especially if a team has a powerful, tall Target Man up front.

Excellent discovery. Are there any other gems like this that you've discovered?

Really liking what I've tried so far. What I particularly like is that teams that play a passing game do genuinely seem to play to their stats. I tried doing similar to this with PES2018 but one of the disappointments was that any team I gave a Short Passing style always turned into prime Barcelona, even though I reduced all the players' passing stats to around 40-60 and removed any passing "skills" .

Have you tried doing what you've done in PES2017 with player-id and team-id in PES2018 and if so, how did you find it?

Excellent discovery. Are there any other gems like this that you've discovered?

yeah. Target Man playing style. Lots of respectable editors claim this style is pointless and offers nothing.
But... if you apply One Touch Passing and Heading player skill to these players with Target Man playing style, the player will do headed flick-on through balls Like a Target Man is meant to do.

yeah. Target Man playing style. Lots of respectable editors claim this style is pointless and offers nothing.
But... if you apply One Touch Passing and Heading player skill to these players with Target Man playing style, the player will do headed flick-on through balls Like a Target Man is meant to do.
Makes sense though right? I mean now that it’s written down.. it’s obvious.

No. I found PES 2018 and 2019 on release weren’t as good as 2017, so i put all my efforts into the game which I felt played best.
Plus it’s only me doing the editing and so far has taken me around 500 Hours.

Back
Top Bottom