PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

Hey Chris, I clicked on the link to have a look. Just some feedback, but I found the white text hard to read without getting eye strain. Not sure if it's the blue background or the black overall background. I'm on a 21 inch widescreen monitor and the text sits just in the middle. Maybe it would be easier on my phone. If I get a chance I'll have a look on there soon so I can read the content.
I agree. I ended up copying the text and pasting it in a .txt so I could read it without going crazy.
By the way, I know pretty well what the author means here:
ISS on the PS1 and PES on the PS2 era had consumed hours/days of my life.....Numerous days off work to pick it up at my local game shop with 6/7 of my mates. Random "sickie" time off when the demo was obtained from the PSM mags each year, 4 way tournaments into the early hours of the night.....PES will always be close to my heart.
Hours and hours of editing and playing, an entire summer (2004) with PES 3 and then the wait for the release of PES 4... The university, hours and hours of play (and, even more important, banter) against my coursemates.
Endless online tournaments which in a couple of occasions saw me drop the gamepad at 6 AM, have a shower, a sip of coffee and then leave to reach the university (to meet the same people I had been playing against during the night) trying to sleep at least half an hour on the train.
That's why I love PES, that's why I'll never let it go... That magic doesn't exist anymore with the new PES games (PES games have evolved, I got older, I have a different lifestyle now), but it DID exist and it will be something I'll always carry with me.

Also, this is a HUGE truth:
No game will ever be perfect, its all about how much you can overlook to enjoy the experience

DISCLAIMER: sorry, I got emotional. It won't happen again. :LOL:

Last edited:
Off topic, but as a web designer myself, I can tell you strong colors such as that type of RED, or CYAN or vivid YELLOW are hard on the eye. You should never use them as background colors, much less as text colors.
If you are a ManU fan, or a ManCity fan and you'd like to pay respect to your colors, you can still do so, but using different shades of them. Either much lighter and less saturated or a lot darker. And you should always try to make it flow around the same tones. Don't go from red to black to cyan to white to yellow all in the same page, in the same space. It stress your brain. Before you start your website you must decide the main color or two colors you are going to move around, and then start using different tones of the same colors.

This is a great website than can help you with that: http://paletton.com/

Off topic, but as a web designer myself, I can tell you strong colors such as that type of RED, or CYAN or vivid YELLOW are hard on the eye. You should never use them as background colors, much less as text colors.
If you are a ManU fan, or a ManCity fan and you'd like to pay respect to your colors, you can still do so, but using different shades of them. Either much lighter and less saturated or a lot darker. And you should always try to make it flow around the same tones. Don't go from red to black to cyan to white to yellow all in the same page, in the same space. It stress your brain. Before you start your website you must decide the main color or two colors you are going to move around, and then start using different tones of the same colors.

This is a great website than can help you with that: http://paletton.com/
nice website! really useful! thx!!

i really like the second last episode. got your podcast subscribed. keep it coming.
that cake eating noises made me grin like forever...
I-Regret-Nothing-Nothing-Funny-Eating-Meme-Image.jpg

sometimes its not easy for me to listen to that bristish accent but its cool! sounds sophisticated! ;)

after moving to my new appartment last weekend i have a lot of stuff to manage. but ill lurk here and will be back with more comments by mid august. see you guys...!
Haha sorry we're both online playing Gears Of War next one no more gaming sorry and thanks for the feedback

Hey Chris, I clicked on the link to have a look. Just some feedback, but I found the white text hard to read without getting eye strain. Not sure if it's the blue background or the black overall background. I'm on a 21 inch widescreen monitor and the text sits just in the middle. Maybe it would be easier on my phone. If I get a chance I'll have a look on there soon so I can read the content.
Thanks for that I'm new to website building so apologise I do appreciate the feedback I'll try and sort that out this weekend.

the most annoying things that are still present in the game since pes 2015:
-slow motion floaty keepers
-no shot variation is a major turn off for me
-pace can be too fast
-unrealistic dribbling
-pa1 is too assisted and helping amateur players to get a grip on the game directly after a few games, totally not fair for pro players who have played pes since pes 3 or iss 2002
-last but not least: stadium recreation, especially distance btw goal post and first row of spectators, these things cannot be just be blinded upon because the other game gets them right, why dont konami get them right??
im a perfectionist by nature or at least i like things to be as closely recreated to reality as it can be, the things i mentioned are easy things we are not asking for a miracle..

I am not sure what to make of this beta like I said. Every issue I highlighted with Bhatti was met with a "do not judge the gameplay comment apparently Its "completely different"

We will have to wait till the demo to see what's true.

the most annoying things that are still present in the game since pes 2015:
-slow motion floaty keepers
-no shot variation is a major turn off for me
-pace can be too fast
-unrealistic dribbling
-pa1 is too assisted and helping amateur players to get a grip on the game directly after a few games, totally not fair for pro players who have played pes since pes 3 or iss 2002
-last but not least: stadium recreation, especially distance btw goal post and first row of spectators, these things cannot be just be blinded upon because the other game gets them right, why dont konami get them right??
im a perfectionist by nature or at least i like things to be as closely recreated to reality as it can be, the things i mentioned are easy things we are not asking for a miracle..
can't believe they still have floaty keepers. Hopefully shot variation is improved for full game.

Maybe the code is... 70%

:CONFUSE: Man, remember that whole thing... I do forget which game it was now.
Ha, it'll be 80% I reckon, and then the disc will be 100% (by definition), we'll adore it, and then the day-one patch will come along and we won't recognise the game any more. :D

oh and i just tried a 3v3 game, I had by far the highest rating in the team of 1500, one of my teammates had a score of less than 1000. after the game he sends me an abusive message saying i'm shit and selfish and cant play manual :BOP::BYE: despite the fact I made more passes than anyone else on the team.... retard. ED-SUTTON92 you're shit maaaaate

imagine my surprise, when browsing the internet today for PES related stuff, I come across a thing called 'Team K-Code' which appears to be an offical Konami affiliated team of broadcasters on twitch
upload_2017-9-4_11-7-14.png

I have a look at the content, browse through the members and see Mr Ed-Sutton92 is one of them. well done mate, well done :D:FAIL::FAIL:

upload_2017-9-4_11-9-32.png

Back
Top Bottom