PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Hi :-) .... I have a question. I was here for months ... and I am curious, what happened. When game was released, there were problems, that all teams played only one playing style, the same .... and there was lack of agression during the defending in sides. Did konami or moders improve and correct these mistakes? How is the game in your eyes nowadays.

I only want to know, if it has sense change form PES 2017 to 2018... because 2017 .. for me ... good with patches. THANK YOU for feedback.

Hi :-) .... I have a question. I was here for months ... and I am curious, what happened. When game was released, there were problems, that all teams played only one playing style, the same .... and there was lack of agression during the defending in sides. Did konami or moders improve and correct these mistakes? How is the game in your eyes nowadays.

I only want to know, if it has sense change form PES 2017 to 2018... because 2017 .. for me ... good with patches. THANK YOU for feedback.

It depends on a few things... what level do you play?
Do you play B.A.L. o simple Master Leagues leading a whole team?
Wich kind of gameplay do you need?
Fast/carefree/run&gun with dribblings, all-vertical? Or thoughtful, realistic in funny things as well of "boring" features?

I love low, thoughtful and long games... with lot of possession and passes to find a space and go on.
I had more satisfation with Pes2017 because it had more fouls IMHO... i got at least 3-4 penalties per season, using poor teams.
But Pes 2018 is finally more difficult, especially about defending... with a lot of AI "bugs"... weird moves... and lack of fouls i know.... but kind of bew challenge with difficulties... so i'm playng 2018...
Consider that it's very important the mods and the tools you use...
I always re-invent all the player skills structure with global player editor of EJOGC, and slow-down the game with Nesa tool... it depends really on what do you want

Last edited:
after installing 1.4 version i think it's easier now.
defenders are better at positioning and even more, opponent defenders make more mistakes, so i can easily beat Superstar mode now.
The problem is Legend mode. It's a huge gap between Superstar and Legend till now. But thanks for good positioning defenders now i'm not conceded a lot like before

Finally got awarded my first Penalty against the CPU, since the games launch. Maybe pure coincidence but I was messing with a lower league players stats and set defenders physical contact to 99.

So what patches / options file do i need to update my game so there are no fake teams and players, had it all updated a while ago, but can't remember what i downloaded. I wish konami would fuck off with these patch breaking updates and make them optional.

after installing 1.4 version i think it's easier now.
defenders are better at positioning and even more, opponent defenders make more mistakes, so i can easily beat Superstar mode now.
The problem is Legend mode. It's a huge gap between Superstar and Legend till now. But thanks for good positioning defenders now i'm not conceded a lot like before

Yeah like Matt10 analysis, cpu ai tracking attacker so that leaving a hole for shooting is not a good example of proper mistake.

Anyone facing slowdowns in the game, when going down players in squad list? It seems to pause for some players' faces to appear.

any way to tweak the gamespeed ? 0 is too fast for me and -1 is too slow, any gamespeed tool out there, like in PES 2013 ?
Go here https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/nesa24app-v1-1-download-mlyear-sider-camera-audio-gfx.78167/ in nesa pps there is a file called gameplay.ini where you can change game speed. At post 143 you can find a little tutorial on how to use it and here https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/new-camera-address-for-nesa-tool.78511/ you can find new address for last konamy update.

This is what i use
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/ztNIHqBD/file.html
unrar it in game folder and inside pes2018\pro1 (pro2 pro3 etc) you can find a file named gameplay.xml
<Catalog>
<Cam id="c1">
<Address>142EE5830>50>38</Address>
<Value>18518</Value>
<What>double</What>
<Info>GameSpeed default values[0=18518] [1=17543] [-1=19607]</Info>
<Detail>AOB-0x78:00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 57 45 43 46</Detail>
</Cam>
<Cam id="c2">
<Address>141FF09DC</Address>
<Value>5.5</Value>
<What>float</What>
<Info>PlayerReactionSpeed=5(default)</Info>
<Detail>AOB:00 00 A0 40 00 00 00 00 65 CD CD 41 66 66 E6 45 66 66 66 46 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00</Detail>
</Cam>
</Catalog>

Value in red is used for changeing gameplay speed (18518 is default value) and value in green is used to change player reaction (5.5 is default).

Last edited:
The players switching is... killing me... I tried to overcome this but ... it's hard to accept because it's stupid.

If I play on a professional or top player...it's not big deal, but if I play online or vs Super Star or Legend... it's infuriating so much because then every mistake is punished. I do not know how many times I've thrown the joystick out of anger because of that.
I love the game but ...why they make it's so wrong... and why they can't fix it...

The players switching is... killing me... If I play on a professional or top player...it's not big deal, but if I play online or vs Super Star or Legend... it's infuriating so much because then every mistake is punished. I do not know how many times I've thrown the joystick out of anger because of that.
Why they make it so wrong... and why they can't fix it...
They can but they won't. This is a conscious decision to artificially increase difficulty on certain levels. Which is the reason why top player will be the "last" difficulty for this years' pes for me. I like a Challenge but the experience should never be frustrating. Pes 2012 is a good example of how difficulty should be handled.

As soon as the game becomes tiresome (again) I am moving on to FIFA18, which is a VERY good game if you play Career Mode / Master League only. Very impressive with the old-school PES shooting intact.

Last edited:
They can but they won't. This is a conscious decision to artificially increase difficulty on certain levels. Which is the reason why top player will be the "last" difficulty for this years' pes for me. I like a Challenge but the experience should never be frustrating. Pes 2012 is a good example of how difficulty should be handled.

As soon as the game becomes tiresome (again) I am moving on to FIFA18, which is a VERY good game if you play Career Mode / Master League only. Very impressive with the old-school PES shooting intact.
Oh, no! I think PES 2018 is way way way better football game in general, FIFA 18 has some good sides but PES 2018 feels and plays way better.

Oh, no! I think PES 2018 is way way way better football game in general, FIFA 18 has some good sides but PES 2018 feels and plays way better.
That is of course wholly down to personal preference. Personally I prefer pes's dribbling model and weight of passing but not much else. What do you prefer in this years pes over fifa?

All the dumb scripting is killing the game. It's great - a joy - to play against friends, but playing against the AI on Master League just ends up pissing you off... :(

All the dumb scripting is killing the game. It's great - a joy - to play against friends, but playing against the AI on Master League just ends up pissing you off... :(
Ain't that just the truth. Pes always had those moments where you knew you were up against it,but the hand behind the curtain was a lot more subtle. Many a time I gnashed my teeth or perhaps yelled at the screen a time or two but this years edition takes the cake. Extremely lazy programming intended to infuriate master league players so they will gravitate towards myclub, or at least that's my take it. Utter, utter indifference from Konami towards a once-upon-a-time revered game mode.

The most infuriating thing about this are the flashes of brilliance the game does occasionally throw at you, thinking you've just scratched the surface. It then becomes an itch that you cannot scratch though.

Think I've abandoned this pes the second quickest of all, the quickest being pes 16. At least professional as a good game albeit too easy on pes 18. I might, just might revisit that sometime. Other than that it's fifa all the way this year from now on for me.

For me Kilay's' patch for sure. An alternative is PTE.

I really want to use Kilay's patch but i've seen he has stopped updating it and i couldn't find updated one working with latest update? hopefully i'm wrong and there is a solution.

for me the best one is Galaxy Patch

i also downloaded galaxy patch and issue i was having was saying unable to load because data is from different version? tried uninstalling and reinstalling but keep getting same message.

After using Kilay's patch, I changed to PTE and it's great :)

i managed to get PTE installed fine and was working, issue with them is there is no international kits?

Last edited:
It might be. If I don't remember wrong (but trust me, you can't trust my memory) they said they wouldn't use international kits adapted from PES 2017 but they would wait for proper PES 2018 ones to be released.
@mota10 I believe could shed a little light on this.

It's a no-nonsense choice in my opinion, as it would also mean that they will finally update some international kits: in their final 2016/17 patch for PES 2017, the 5.3 I believe it was, New Zealand still had a 2012 goalkeeper shirt (yep, it was originally made by Abiel for PES 2014 as it was the one they were using in 2013).

It might need us to have a little patience now, but it will pay off eventually.
I fully support this choice as it means "quality over quantity" and this is something worth an applause.

Last edited:
hi all,
Is scoop turn canceled in this edition ? Previously it could be done by fake shot by some players, now it's always canceled shot.

@elloco i think i know what the issue is, i had same kind of issue with patch used previously which worked fine and then had an issue today, i'll re-try it again shortly and hopefully all will be resolved.

I'm sure there's no way to do this, but I want to make sure there isn't some magical button press I've never noticed in 10 years that solves this... Is there really no way in League Play to simulate a match rather than having to play EVERY one?

I have the game setup as good as i'm going to get it now. No stuttering as i found my Bluetooth adapter was causing random stutters. Was using xboxone s controller with Bluetooth connection that was causing it. The game would go all stuttery and laggy randomly for about 5-10 secs. It only ever seemed to happen with PES so I thought it was drivers or something but then started in other games and I thought it was because of my GC water cooling setup not cooling the vram so I got a waterblock for it and when that didn't work I mentioned it to a mate and he suggested the Bluetooth. (Bangs head repeatedly off table) also now I use the controller through usb and it maybe a placebo but it feels less laggy no input lag

So the game now runs buttery smooth. My next issue is the masterleague which is very basic an broken (transfers form injuries etc) to remedy this I use two tools. PES BL-ML EDITOR 2018 and PES Cheat engine table. I use the PES BL-ML EDITOR to return all the stupid transfers to their original team. I do this for the first couple of windows and for any that I don't think would happen in real life (Kane to arsenal - Liverpool selling every Mane to utd etc Arsenal selling the top 7 players at the club) Also meant I didn't have to start a new ML after Jan as I could do the transfers as the real life window progressed. After that I let the cpu do its thing which is still poor.

Next I use the cheat engine to change the form arrows before a match. if a player scores a hatrick they should be in good form for the next match. I've always hated this in PES as its never worked or made any sense. The second thing I use it for is injuries. If one of my players has an injury in real life he gets the same duration in my ml. All this to try and make the game more interesting.

The thing is I shouldn't have to do this. How crappy is it in 2017 the game releases with a broken master league and 6-7 months later its still not fixed nor have they even mentioned fixing it. A football game with fouls, free kicks and injuries nearly non-existent. I try to make this game work but its just so boring. I played a game yesterday, played some lovely football, won 6-0 but was bored and couldn't bear to play another one after. Twice a defender had a chance to foul me before I got to the box or do a last ditch tackle but he just ran beside me. The only time I loose or draw is if i'm playing a mid to lower lever team because they play like Barcelona or I keep missing sitters and they score in added time. All PES players know the type of goal, your sixth sense can feel it coming. Knowing about the scripting makes it nearly impossible to play against friends as well. Your having a good time playing then when you or your friend are being totally outplayed you get the poxy goal against the run of play happens and you now know its scripted and it just kills the fun. I want to beat opponents on skill not pox

I love PES but it needs alot of work from the ground up. They rely on mechanisms that they've used for decades They always do so much good but problems that have been there for years never get changed. It also needs money investment and probably a bigger team. It needs to get creative with chants, ad-boards, stadiums faces & hairs like it has with the kits. Provide tools to the modders not hamper them(again the modders have been brilliant this year and the game would be unplayable without them). Have a proper working masterleague with life like transfers, fouls and free kicks. A proper form, stamina, injury and player mentality system interlinked. I haven't even got into the gameplay issues like positioning, defensive line, catchup bug etc.

This is turning into a rant so I leave it at this. I don't really see much of that happening especially with a company like konami. Modern PES, Metal Gear Castlevania they all feel like they're unfinished. Like they ran out of money and said we'll leave it there and release it anyway. Hopefully they'll do what a Capcom did with resident evil and totally rebuild it but with the way the company acts now I sadly doubt it

The scripting is off the charts, I agree. there is a clear distinction between Professional and all difficulty levels above that, though. On Professional the scripting is almost non-existent and a lot more subtle. it's unfortunate that the game is way too easy on that difficulty level , though.

Maybe it's because I play on Pro that I've never noticed scripting. But now that you guys mention it, I can't remember the last time I took a penalty shot. And free kicks are rare. So, there's no way to mod this so that free kicks and penaltyies are more frequent?

Maybe it's because I play on Pro that I've never noticed scripting. But now that you guys mention it, I can't remember the last time I took a penalty shot. And free kicks are rare. So, there's no way to mod this so that free kicks and penaltyies are more frequent?

If you play a team that has aggressive pressuring, try dribbling more near or in the penalty area. It will improve your chances of getting awarded a free kick or penalty.

No mods as of yet. Doubt they'll come either. There were none for 17 either.

Back
Top Bottom