PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Another two goals in Manual Shooting that I would never scored on Basic. Notice that in the second one the goalkeeper was fooled by the ball dip. When he tries to get back he was too late! So much randomness on the shooting. I feeling much more rewarding playing like this. Sometimes a pro football player dont have the time to put some finess on the shot. He just wants to shot the ball most strongest he can. Thats what I feel on these two goals. Man this makes me jump out my seat. I mean it. Lol

Despite its on exibition, this gives a proper challenge on Superstar! :COAT:

Emotions are turned on now, by the way.

Last edited:
i'll ask a question i've asked on pesfan forum before as the community here seems more intelligent and investigative.

i suspect the answer is no but .....

has anybody thought of a way to combo championship/football manager (any version) with pes (any version)?

what i mean is e.g I create a league in champ, play out the scheduled games in pes exhibition mode, SOMEHOW (and this is where i'm stumped at the mo) input the the result in champ. any transfers etc that happen in champ you can edit in exh mode.

from what i've read here somewhere you could even edit form to sync the two games.

could be an epic setup.

Guys one question, is there any gameplay patch that makes the game have more fouls? And a bit more varied shooting on pa1?

Guys one question, is there any gameplay patch that makes the game have more fouls? And a bit more varied shooting on pa1?
The only gameplay patch that exists i think is Nesa's one.I don't think it brings more fouls but playing with it i think it makes the game a bit more free and loose in general with a bit better variety overall.But no big differences.

It's weird, sometimes it looks quite promising, other times like in the video above it looks like a replay of the 2018 PES League finals. I don't really know what to expect from this demo.

I really like the reworked crossing animations, this was a huge bug bear of mine. Fake shots also look very good this year.

The AI still seems to like their aerial through balls to the flanks and their backheels, and they still have the sense that they are rushing to do everything, like they are playing hot potato. There are often times when they don't even wait to let the ball drop or run into space for before they are being forced into the next action. I have big doubts that people who didn't like 2018 are going to like this, but let's see how it goes.

It's weird, sometimes it looks quite promising, other times like in the video above it looks like a replay of the 2018 PES League finals. I don't really know what to expect from this demo.

I really like the reworked crossing animations, this was a huge bug bear of mine. Fake shots also look very good this year.

The AI still seems to like their aerial through balls to the flanks and their backheels, and they still have the sense that they are rushing to do everything, like they are playing hot potato. There are often times when they don't even wait to let the ball drop or run into space for before they are being forced into the next action. I have big doubts that people who didn't like 2018 are going to like this, but let's see how it goes.
Wrong thread mate..:D

The moment i saw those shoot from anywhere and u will hit the target on pa1, i uninstalled pes 2018...i ve had enough of this assistance gone mad on pa1..

The moment i saw those shoot from anywhere and u will hit the target on pa1, i uninstalled pes 2018...i ve had enough of this assistance gone mad on pa1..
Did you try change shoot on manual or advanced leaving passages on PA1?

i'll ask a question i've asked on pesfan forum before as the community here seems more intelligent and investigative.

i suspect the answer is no but .....

has anybody thought of a way to combo championship/football manager (any version) with pes (any version)?

what i mean is e.g I create a league in champ, play out the scheduled games in pes exhibition mode, SOMEHOW (and this is where i'm stumped at the mo) input the the result in champ. any transfers etc that happen in champ you can edit in exh mode.

from what i've read here somewhere you could even edit form to sync the two games.

could be an epic setup.

That's some thing I looked into a bit a few months ago. all you would need is a score editor for FM. You play your season in FM, play your matches in PES then transfer the scores, scorers and assists to FM but couldn't find a way of doing it. I even back as far as 2001 CM to see if there were any tools that could do it but no luck. Maybe there is something but I couldn't find it. I was going to open a thread for it but didn't think anyone would be interested then I lost interest in playing 2018 altogether. I've only played a few matches here and there for the past few weeks.

Don't know if i'm bored of PES or just football in general. The world cup was interesting but I think for the wrong reasons. Its all got very defensive and boring, the only team I enjoyed watching was Croatia. I cant even be bothered watching the pre season matches. Maybe its because i'm a Utd fan and we are dire boring to watch but I also find Barcelona and Man city boring as well. I don't want to watch a game where one team has all the possession and the other team sets up to be ultra defensive and it kills me to say it but I think Liverpool play the most interesting football

Sorry for the randomness but was just thinking of why I had little interest in playing PES. Hopefully PES 2019 reignites something but I only play the ML and its seems like its going to have most of the issues it had last year, not many additions and you cant call fixed transfers an addition. I think the main reason I cant get into PES lately is I cant be bothered to undo all the stupid transfers. Still baffled why they didn't fix that in 2018. Actually thinking about the ML transfers its a disgrace really. The fact that it works in 2019 but they didn't fix it in 2018

That's some thing I looked into a bit a few months ago...

Thanks! This is a helpful post because it means I did not miss something when I was looking into this too. Like yourself I went back to CM 01/02 with updated teams but no score editor was to be found so I gave up.

As for PES 2018 - I played up until the 2nd week of the world cup and was having a good time because I was winning with my England team in the online national cup.... but how konami showed me their incompetence was that for entry all you had to do was change your team emblem. Lol. Such a waste.

At about that time I started looking more into ML and reading about it on forums. Reading about the transfer issues makes it another wasted opportunity. These years I thought I'd have ML to fall back on if I ever got fed up of grinding in MyClub. I also used to watch people post their journeys through a season ---- no offence but they must be either funded by konami, seeking clickbait/youtube hits or genuinely interested but just plain naive to the script and longterm pointlessness.

You mention that ML works in 2019 .... I hope you are right and if ppl are singing its praises I will get PES 2019 when it is heavily discounted.

Regarding your interest in the world cup and pes in general, I give you my take on things. Although I support spurs, I stopped watching football last year (I think the move to Wembley stadium just made last year and this year a bit meh and pointless). I don't have any sports channels. So for the world cup I watched all the games. Some were dry and I found myself doing other things during them but overall this was a great world cup for me (also England did well - beating a frustrated Columbia was good). Best games were Spain v Portugal; Belgium v Japan and Germany v Sweden. VAR worked well except in the final was poorly utilised by ref and, in my eyes, Croatia won the WC.

What I'm saying is that I think I enjoyed the WC more because I wasn't watching football regularly. I think the same goes for PES. SO my plan this year is not to touch anything PES 2019 and dip in and out of PES 2018 and past PES'. I have set up an ML on 2014 and 2018 recently. There is a nice contrast (retro-ish vs modern) plus a few players in 2014 appear in 2018 (like, I think Niellender - I play my MLs as Cardiff City with PES starting lineup; full manual, 20 mins, professional; maybe one game daily, if that).

The other reason I post is to push the idea that PES 2019 is the fans opportunity to tell konami to start addressing issues or get the hell out of my game library. PESfan forum was acrrying a lot of negativity - its conspiracy theory but I think that had a lot to do with its shut down. The thing is, looking at this forum and reading what people are looking for in PES 2019, I hope konami will start to get the picture (of the lack of richness in their product)

The ML transfers shouldn't be as bad as this year but seeing is believing. We're not going to know until we play a few seasons if it will be any good. It all depends on stats being right, increasing or decreasing the right way, how much of an influence the training will have on players. Is there going to be any players complaining about not being played, wanting to move on. Are the regens going to be way overpowered again. We know they wont be fictional random. I just like to have the option to turn them off if that's the case. For now it only looks like the same as last year with some bug fixes

I really want to play this (and 2019 going forward) on PC instead but it just feels a little more sluggish than on the PS4.

I don't know if it's input lag or what, but it just really feels off. It's a shame because it looks infinitely better than on my PS4.

Anyone have any experience with this and how to fix it?

I really want to play this (and 2019 going forward) on PC instead but it just feels a little more sluggish than on the PS4.

I don't know if it's input lag or what, but it just really feels off. It's a shame because it looks infinitely better than on my PS4.

Anyone have any experience with this and how to fix it?

What graphics card & pc specs ?
It should not feel "off".

What graphics card & pc specs ?
It should not feel "off".

Away from computer and can’t remember exact specs but it should be more than capable.

GTX 1070, 32gb Ram, I7 etc.

It feels like input lag, and I remember I had the same problem with 2016 and 2017. The fluidity just doesn’t seem the same as the PS4 version.

Away from computer and can’t remember exact specs but it should be more than capable.

GTX 1070, 32gb Ram, I7 etc.

It feels like input lag, and I remember I had the same problem with 2016 and 2017. The fluidity just doesn’t seem the same as the PS4 version.

There have been several solutions to this problem on this very thread.
I suggest you use the Search function and look for "input lag" "fix" "settings" "nvidia" and such.
I'm sure there were a couple of attempts that worked pretty well for some people.
Like the power thing, or max. pre-rendered frames, etc.

Guys, please suggest me a PC setup to run PES 2019 smoothly on max setting on 1080p. I'm upgrading my PC. I just need PES+FIFA run smooth on max. I don't play any other games. Suggest me setup on budget.

Guys, please suggest me a PC setup to run PES 2019 smoothly on max setting on 1080p. I'm upgrading my PC. I just need PES+FIFA run smooth on max. I don't play any other games. Suggest me setup on budget.

Whew, that´s difficult. The question is, how big your budget is.
There are a few good youtube videos (in german, but I´m sure you´ll have them in english as well) from gaming sites that suggest you the best PC parts with a budget of for example 500 Euros.

I´d suggest you to check on that.

you dont need high end specs for PES and FIFA

i got

i5 2500K @ 4.6 GHz (7 years old)
12 GB Ram 1866 MHz
Geforce 980ti (ok this may have some Power but a 1060 6GB would be fine also)

3D Mark ~ 15.000 Points

and PES 2018 and Fifa runs absolut superb @1440P with SweetFX... and PES 2019 will also for shure.

cant say which Game Engine Konami did next for the Playstation 5 generation. a decent graphic card should be the most important.

Thanks guys ! Actually my budget is limited. I can afford i5/ryzen 5 . But GPU price is high now. So, may be i won't be able to get a good gpu.

My Smoke World Cup X20 patched Master League crashes to desktop so I need your advice as I look for something fresh please. Is there a patch which
has been updated for world cup
+ can apply nesa gameplay patch
+ is online compatible

Anybody got any ideas?
TIA

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help me at all, I have the current specs in my system,

Intel i7 4790 3.9ghz cpu
8gb of ram
Asus Geforce GTX 1070 Dual

When I play pes 2018 at 4k highest settings which according to the nvidia site I can do with 60fps at 4k on a 1070. I do get 60fps in game but I always get micro stutter. Does anyone know what is causing this. Also I have tried 1080p and 1440p and experienced the same stutter something is definitely not right, Thank you

Last edited:
no idea how the CPU didn't score this

when it looped up and dropped to Batistuta I was like ah shit..gk was on fire

ezgif-5-e6168e567b.gif

My Smoke World Cup X20 patched Master League crashes to desktop so I need your advice as I look for something fresh please. Is there a patch which
has been updated for world cup
+ can apply nesa gameplay patch
+ is online compatible

Anybody got any ideas?
TIA

Nesa gameplay is just a "PES2018.exe"... You´ll need to rename back the original .EXE before going to multiplayer. I guess there is no custom patch with CPK compatible with online. All edit teams recommend setting "UDP Port=0"

Back
Top Bottom