PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France

PES 2018 Features (SOURCE: TrueAchievements.com)
  • Gameplay Masterclass – Strategic Dribbling, Real Touch+ and new set pieces take the unrivalled gameplay to the next level
  • Presentation Overhaul – New menus and real player images
  • PES League Integration – Compete with PES League in new modes including myClub
  • Online Co-op - A mode dedicated to co-op play is newly added
  • Random Selection Match – Fan favourite returns with new presentation and features
  • Master League Upgrade – New pre-season tournaments, improved transfer system, presentations and functionality
  • Enhanced Visual Reality – New lighting, reworked player models and animations covering everything from facial expressions to body movement to bring the game to life
Chris Davies edit: The PS Blog (EU) also reveals:
  • The new FIFA ruling, which allows a one-person kick-off, is implemented
  • New set pieces include a new free-kick system and a new penalty system
  • The game has been refined to reflect a "more realistic pace" (slower?)
  • The new online co-op mode allows 2v2 and 3v3, along with local guest play
  • Master League improvements include pre-match interviews and locker room scenes
  • Player models have been tuned to feature more realistic kits and a more realistic shorts size

065370.jpg

065369.jpg

065367.jpg

065368.jpg

065366.jpg

Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 is currently listed for release on September 12th in NA, September 14th everywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty disappointing if it's real especially the potential PES 2017 had. Konami ignoring the fanbase and copying FIFA 16/17's feature list so I guess we all know who their target audience are now.

Doesn't sound like a massively improved feature list (disappointed that the Master League sounds as boring as it was before) - BUT, glad to see online co-op gets a mention (that says to me that they ARE listening, a little bit).

That list is disappointing but i'm waiting for more details coming from the press release and trailers, this is just a product description. Besides, i see nothing bad in copying what Fifa does well.

Last edited:
That list is disappointing but i'm waiting for more details coming from the press release and trailers, this is just a product description. Besides, i see nothing bad in copying what Fifa does well.
The problem isn't copying what Fifa does well, it's simply copying and not bothering with innovation and evolution it seems. The times when PES was the innovator are long gone it seems. Even copying the same style of buzzwords is weak to me. I like to see them coming up with their own thing. This doesn't look original.

Kits look improved, at least I think? Shorts don't look as baggy, either. The Camp Nou tunnel is spectacular. Fans look better, right?

Couldn't gauge anything other than graphical improvements. Nonetheless, I AM EXCITED!

Offline, PES 2017 is such feat of engineering to play, but the online component is just so regressive. They're so passe in teams of settings & performance that is laughable.

Give me the same Camera options as offline for fuck sake, let me limit my match making to team quality & let me play Slow manual players!

The graphics look insane tho. Good job on that at least. Hopefully they improved the ball movement and speed. Shooting as well. And plz add a lot more stats.

The game has been refined to reflect a more realistic pace? .. . .hopefully they mean slower . ..
Imagine if they don't. :CRY:

I'd say a lot of the younger players are a fan of the pace and the flow, so this line scares me a little.

Also, though - it has to be said, there are lines in their PR that scream "we are listening now". The omission of online co-op play has been regularly mentioned on the forums, plus the ridiculous basketball-style shorts, and...
Random Selection Match and Online Co-Op offer up two new modes where you can experience PES 2018’s stunning gameplay. [...] Finally, player models have been completely changed, with special attention paid to kit fitting and short size.

EDIT: Hang on, that PlayStation blog features lots of little extras compared to the list in the first post!
Master League mode has been improved, featuring pre-season tournaments, an improved transfer system and pre-match interviews and locker room scenes!

Wow!

Last edited:
You guys are amazing. They said they revamped the animations using real capture and yet still not happy? Revamped set pieces still not happy? Huge graphic improvement in terms of lighting and emotions and yet still not happy? New modes!? I'm pretty sure they are not gonna mention everything now and not have anything to tell in E3! Don't you think. So from what is listed and what I read via twitter it sounds awesome so far.

they sound great but until we can play and test the game
'revamped', 'reworked' are the words I saw the most in recent years
I think they had said that they revamped ML in 2016 but you know what the actual quality was
they like using these kinds of words to sound great:BLEH:

...increased lighting and turf... reworked animations (walking, hope this means running aswell), including short (size) and shirt physics, new penalty system.. holy shit I'm sold.
That teaser trailer says a lot... can already see that lighting is better, crowd is miles better, players feature all tattoos on all parts of body, shorts are normal sized now hahaha... wow... I'm impressed. As long as this is all an addition and improvement over pes2017 I'm sold. If the running/movement animations including foot planting are really fixed, then this is going to make this game look so much better. This was my big hope for 2018. The addition of manually shielding the ball sounds interesting, as this will hopefully be used to slow the game down... mind you, it was also mentioned that pace of game will be more realistic... jeez I'm excited... very optimistic.. providing they keep the core of 2017 and haven't done a full rework where bad things can happen... bring on June 13.. or whenever that full trailer reveal will be made..

Sounds ok.

Now on to see whats been removed...

Asked Asim and the official twitter if Online divisions was still there. Silence. Would not be surprised if stuff that u like is removed. It always is...

I don't believe in this Batthi anymore. One thing is promote the game, other is tell lies saying the game will have features that in the end the game dont have.

And here we go again!! I'm with the other 2 guys here: I like what I read so far! :)

The turf looks really good in the trailer. Same goes for stadium, fans and entrance tunnel! have you guys seen the chalk raising when the ball rolls over it?! lat at the scene at 0:27 sec... this is real (but why are players standing inside the penalty area!?)! Sick details!
overhauled set pieces and random selection matches sounds nice too.

Choo choooooo....! :D

edit: regarding ne set pieces: watch the teaser from 0:31 sec. how is his standing leg so far away from the ball!? kinda weird!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom