PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

If this is how konami treats Xbox one users (stadiums resolution) I'll guess Pes 17 will be my last game.
I'm not buying a PS4 or Xbox x for this game,if his is true they can F... right off!
Seriously

Again bring back Stadium Editior.... I can see ML being a borefest again when most matches will be played in the same Stadium..... Why is it in PES 2013 we had a Stadium Editor which helped out a lot.... but not now?

[QUOTE="Why is it in PES 2013 we had a Stadium Editor which helped out a lot.... but not now?[/QUOTE]

One rumour at the time was that Konami were worried about EA Sports suing them because a Premier League-type stadium could be built with the editor.

Looks exactly like a game built on 2017. I dont expect big differences.

Judging a PES game by videos...

tenor.gif

Im not judging. It looks like and should look like a game built on 2017 gameplay. I've been setting up myself for a big change towards simulation for 4 years now and i don think i should for the 5th time. Thats it. ;)

Ok, will guys at konami ever understand that shooting animations are bad? some of them don`t even stand for ps1 game and the trajectory and power missmatch the animations... year after year same stupid things, like they can`t watch one football match on tv :(
game still looks stiff overall compared to FIFA. The major lack of animations in 2017 when Japanese games are known for great animations is complete shit! I can't believe the decline in development when technology has made it even easier to do these things. Shows were Konami priority is. Mobile and https://www.konami.com/gaming/Games.aspx

Last edited:
Im not judging. It looks like and should look like a game built on 2017 gameplay. I've been setting up myself for a big change towards simulation for 4 years now and i don think i should for the 5th time. Thats it. ;)

Simulation of what, exactly?

Following on from my post in the FIFA thread in which I said we need to take more accountability for our choices, I'll also say we need to take far greater accountability for our expectations.

This really is what it all boils down to for me now. I guess it is different for me and some others in that I know I will be buying both games with what I believe are realistic, manageable expectations. I'm not so sure others approach these games in a similar fashion any longer.

And hey, before anyone says I am being "insecure" or whatever about PES, I posted similar about FIFA in that games thread too.

The only way the "hardcore" will be truly catered for, given some of the completely unrealistic expectations they apply to both games, is for them to try fund or develop their ideal game themselves or just be completely done with football games entirely.

PES was never a sim, nor was FIFA. They both on occassion just happen to stagger upon doing more right than wrong as football videogames.

Has there ever been a football videogame that is as comparably a sim as say a flight simulator? Nope. Will there ever be one? Dunno, but even if I did think that it would be foolish of me to both expect either EA or Konami to produce it for me, or for that to happen anytime soon. Not even having a go at either publisher/developer and instead am just being completely realistic.

It seems to me, given all the various posts about both games, that both developers have made the ideal football game at one time or another. Konami would certainly seem to have done so, given all the PES 3, 5, & 6 love. Maybe it is just time to reckon that unless you go and do something about it yourself, that is as good as it is going to get for you, when considering EA or Konami developing a football game.

These games have evolved in so many ways since what many feel was these games performing at their peak. There are so many things that have influenced the evolution that really are sometimes even out of the develolers hands. The times, the demographics, the evolving tech and even social landscape will influence that evolution.

But let me make this completely clear: some expectations are driven by nostalgia. Nothing wrong with that, but it would be wrong to demand either developer to deliver on those for you. Again, not a dig at either franchise.

Watching Nice vs Napoli right now,and scrolling through here (and the other games thread)
I would say Pes and other games has miles to go before calling themselves proper football games,catchy slogan or not
I think Pes 18 looks very different from 17 though,so it's deffo in the right direction.
But a long way to go
Why is it so hard to capture that nerve,and the unpredictability of football?

Watching Nice vs Napoli right now,and scrolling through here (and the other games thread)
I would say Pes and other games has miles to go before calling themselves proper football games,catchy slogan or not
I think Pes 18 looks very different from 17 though,so it's deffo in the right direction.
But a long way to go
Why is it so hard to capture that nerve,and the unpredictability of football?

Errr... off the top of my head:
Because it's the only sport that's played with player's feet?.
Or maybe because it's the sport with the most players on the field and each of them has a mind of its own and own movements?.
Or because it's the sport with the biggest playground, hence more space, more room for error too, which gives place for more unpredictabilty?.

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to mention that I asked Adam on Twitter about the website's listed number of stadiums meant for Xbox One, and he said that it should be 36:

upload_2017-8-22_15-49-57.png
Seemed it had to be an error on the website...

Errr... off the top of my head:
Because it's the only sport that's played with player's feet?.
Or maybe because it's the sport with the most players on the field and each of them has a mind of its own and own movements?.
Or because it's the sport with the biggest playground, hence more space, more room for error too, which gives place for more unpredictabilty?.
Yeah i know all those things.
And unpredictability is the key,not very much of that,players getting tired,making mistakes etc.
Should be happening more,but it's doesn't,is that down to the fact that the game is played 11 vs 11 on the biggest playground?
Just a question
I'm not trying to be a smart ass Chuny,just a question that popped up watching a game mate

Back
Top Bottom