PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

guys what is different...i went from winning all my games in pes 2017 to losing all on pes2018...playing on superstar....i just cant defend anymore has defending changed?

They are playing hollywood long balls to score goals

Edit:what has changed? I just am not being able to play this game

Last edited:
e88d8c25eddef7141d0d8e509a86951b.png

3befff98916fae96cfafc17e0f587d26.png

Credits to blazt@wenb

This is nothing more than PR guff to drum up the hype.

You're trying to tell me they have made huge changes to improve many areas of the game but they're not allowed to tell anyone about it a week before launch? You know, as a way of increasing publicity and generating more sales? Get off the bus man.

I'll happily eat my words if there have been huge improvements but I've fallen for this before. I gave the demo another go last night - I'm now up to 15 games played and I've had 3 fouls in total. That's unacceptable for a football game. I get 3 per match in Fifa 16.

I stil have more than a 1 foul per game and some tackles by the AI o top player ate pretty heinous.

I think a lot comes down to how you play. I have however won free kicks with dribbles and quick passing anywhere on the pitch so its not just a matter of dribbling to try and win free kicks ala pes 2017.

Add on that, passing is better as well. Last year you couldn't even pass the ball out the pitch, it was so assisted that it goes to players feet only. You had to use manual. Shooting improved as well. Ball physics is clearly better. GKs are better as well. Set pieces are possibly the best in the PES series or even FIFA. Tactics in those set pieces this year are really nice. I have to repeat and say animations is the biggest change and it makes it a different monster this year. The best in the series. Most people don't care that much about those things and don't see them as changes. Sad.
i have yet to see any penalty, the no penalty situation is still there, this is a big issue, i dont see how u can bypass that fact,, being assaulted inside the area and not being given a penalty...

Fouls for me are still a bit hit and miss. I have won ONE free kick near the box in about 15 games. Never seen a penalty despite being absolutely murdered in the box.

Another gripe is when playing Inter and Dortmund they love the hollywood throughball. Probably 10 minimum per match.

That said I still love the demo plays some good stuff. Annoys me though that i cant set tactics ect.

p.s Bobby Firmino is an absolute beast.

Fouls for me are still a bit hit and miss. I have won ONE free kick near the box in about 15 games. Never seen a penalty despite being absolutely murdered in the box.

Another gripe is when playing Inter and Dortmund they love the hollywood throughball. Probably 10 minimum per match.

That said I still love the demo plays some good stuff. Annoys me though that i cant set tactics ect.

p.s Bobby Firmino is an absolute beast.

What's a Hollywood throughball?

I stil have more than a 1 foul per game and some tackles by the AI o top player ate pretty heinous.

I think a lot comes down to how you play. I have however won free kicks with dribbles and quick passing anywhere on the pitch so its not just a matter of dribbling to try and win free kicks ala pes 2017.
please lets not use this argument it's how you play..there aren't enough fouls due to how the AI play ..even one per game is really poor..there are literally hundreds of user comments on Twitter regarding fouls ..surely we all can't be playing the game wrong

Or perhaps bc of gamedesign? Try PES5 and avoid to foul for at least one half.
Its not u no the ai but how frequent are the fouls and from which side u try to tackle with who and whom.

Speaking of fouls and penalties, was playing co op with a mate against CPU and he lunged for a standing tackle in the box in the last minute and auba went down. We both thought it was a pen until he was booked for diving. Proper PES moment.

i had some fun last night when playing 3 matches of GER vs ARG. one of the matches i uploaded.
i tried to play build up and keep posession. it got a little hectic at the end... but that was all down to myself getting hectic... eagerly trying to score! :D

i have yet to see any penalty, the no penalty situation is still there, this is a big issue, i dont see how u can bypass that fact,, being assaulted inside the area and not being given a penalty...

SAme for me, they are very very rare. I don't have any issues with fouls in generalm i think there are enough but penalties are a joke

I haven't been awarded a single penalty in over 30 matches despite bein wrestle in the box by opposition defender..

It's yet another immersion killer for me.

i had some fun last night when playing 3 matches of GER vs ARG. one of the matches i uploaded.
i tried to play build up and keep posession. it got a little hectic at the end... but that was all down to myself getting hectic... eagerly trying to score! :D

Great match PRO_TOO .. . you played great. . love your enthusiasm for Pes.

yeah, got smashed in the box, player fell and ref swallowed his whistle.
give this to Konami for next patch...................
$_58.JPG

and make him always have it ready to go.
65331987-soccer-referee-whistles-and-shows-yellow-card.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly Konami do not have a good track record re fixing issues from demos so I expect the full game to be almost identical ie UFC style ai fouls but hardly any free ficks and no penalties. This equals removing part of the rules of football so it becomes a totally unrealistic game.
Ill be sticking with PES17 theres not many fouls in it but more than PES18 so no need to spend hard earned money this year on something that has not been improved.

Great match PRO_TOO .. . you played great. . love your enthusiasm for Pes.
thank you mate!! :)
i tried... ;) i dont mind that not everything is working and sometimes i even forget about tricks and stuff because i'm caught in the action on the pitch. but thats how it works in real life. i was watching GER:NOR last night and played a match GER:FLA right after the match was over (choose FLA because of the red shirts and Flamengo beeing a lesser team :P ). this happens a lot to me lately... i see a match on tv and want to recreate it instantly! :)
i swear, i could play around FLA so real... man, that was cool. the speed, the movement, finding the gap when the opponent is deep in his own third, lure them out of the penalty area to create space, then whipping a cross in or have a distance screamer after laying if off so softly with full manual... :APPLAUD::BOP:

I wish they add more generic stadium for English teams than this fantasy stuff..

Usain bolt and now a ridiculous fictional Champions league stadium??

Wtf konami

What's a Hollywood throughball?

Chipped through ball from range. Little to no success rate in real life.

But on PES they are as assured as a ground pass from 10 yards.

What worries me is that Konami are putting a game out that they already know needs a big patch due to bugs and glitches.
How about testing it before releasing it!

this actually has me happy... they are already fixing things before its out.

thnks to @marcelohilter for sharing xbox db
after a quick look competition structure doesn't seems change, that's a bit boring, One great lack is right that.
Ok, Konami doesn't have all the teams licensed , Ok, is not totally their fault (due EA buy,buy,buy sometime just to remove from KONAMI db) and they are trying to achieve more results about that , BUT is really inconceivable why they doesn't put the right number of teams that compete in the competitions, WTF . Put more fake teams, that doesn't care, we can edit them but why castrate the starting of a competitions every year.
And i bet my 2 cents that the ranking of the leagues are again related to the average Overall of the teams (ATT-MID-DEF)
again 10 teams in CL playoff round (in real are 20) , again less team in EL.. the competitions are identical to 2017 (just an happy note that they have putted 5 english teams in CL).
If KONAMI lack of licenses they should give us more freedom, a good edit tools not a shitty edit mode that is never in line with bin files and could only create issues (talking about 2016 and 2017)
BTW i don't think that they have implemented nothing on new over edit mode.

Ok is not the final db (cuz they could change with the DLC on day one) but i think that for this year that's what we have.

EDIT and last thing about fake teams, if they could create classic teams with realistic players value BUT Fake players name, why they don't do the same about all the rest... in three years of development that never come in mind?
There are tons of modders and editers that will be only happy to help without wait the next months after the release to do the same for private/public purposes

Last edited:
I think ultimate stadium is a wonderful addition. Looks great to me.
It is and it does look good, but wtf is the sky? Did they take the promo image right away and applied it to a 3d model? Or is it supposed to be a glass ceiling of some sort? It looks really weird

Back
Top Bottom