PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

The chalk raised twice as if it was a rain water instead..
i saw that too, but there is no splash or something when ter stegen touches the ground...
plus, its white not kinda transparent! the second time the chalk raises looks a bit off, i know... none the less... they put in some more details!
btw: look at that penalty scene at 0:27 sec.! the crowd looks so different, so real!

DACXcW1XgAAQr2Y.jpg

I found this picture. Just thought of sharing it. Turf looks fantastic.

btw: load up the teaser on your television (55" 4k Sony it is for me). set it to full screen mode. stop the teaser video at 0:27sec.! look at that picture for a few seconds from 2-3 meter distance! start to grin! :D

I am really very impressed! For this trailer, I was very excited to know that the team of PESTEAM is dominating the fox engine. Because this video was captured on the PC and no doubt gave the impression that the graphics are beautiful. The penalty scene is incredible realism. Will it be a replay seen from the crowd?

nice ballspin there tho i hope shooting and passing are reworked. laser guidence should be in the trash :P

I liked the passing in PES 2013. Had a really nice ball speed and spin to it. Sometimes they just need to look back at what made them so great.

Not only Pique kinda bites his lip when heading, but there's cold breathe coming out of his mouth.

I'm keep on telling myself no to get hyped up but it's impossible. I'm officially in love with what's been shown of PES 2018. If they keep up that color palette (in previous years they've done the same. Videos and screenshots look vibrant and intense and then it was just a lie), I will go bananas over this game.

If the shooting isn't drastically overhauled, it's all for naught.
shooting as in assisted or manual ? Because for me manual shooting on player camera is good.

Yes!
Love what were seeing here the fox engine showing it's true power!
No wonder EA is trying to buy up the exclusive licensing, they fear the fox.....
My god does Camp Nou stadium look good.
Animations, player models, turf, shielding, realistic first touch, realistic game speed, and players walk finally!

I am hyped!

Last edited:
shooting as in assisted or manual ? Because for me manual is good.

I think they mean the feeling from pes 5/6 .. .don't understand it myself . . if it's not the body shape when hitting it. .it's the power or the net rustling or the feeling. . .yeh I think it's the feeling.. .don't get it myself.

Adams making some big claims on twitter regarding PES2018:

"#PES2018 is a true masterpiece, when you play the game you'll be stunned - 'how the f*ck have they done this in 1 year?!' Tokyo dev team"

"Overall, best PES in a decade. Still so much to announce. Wait for E3 for license/online news. Until then...Griezmanns new face (& hair)"

"Let me post 6 of my favourites, so many new things, with more to come at E3, but let's start with 'Bhatti's Best' of #PES2018..."

"[1/6] first fave is PC version will be next generation - in fact the best version of #PES2018. Thanks for waiting"

"[2/6] HUGE graphical upgrade. The game looks stunning,with new lighting and real capturing of stadiums, and amazing new player models"

"[3/6] Animations - a complete redevelopment. All core animations redone like jogging, turning, dribbling gives the game a fresh new look"

"[4/6] of course - gameplay. New auto protect and dribbling mechanics is PES at its best. The most realistic & balanced experience ever"

"[5/6] modes! Return of Random Select! Preseason tournaments for ML! And of course...online 2v2 (and new 3v3) with local guest support!"

"[6/6] let's finish off with presentation. New HUD, menus, match presentation, real player images. Finally, not just the gameplay gets love"

I think they mean the feeling from pes 5/6 .. .don't understand it myself . . if it's not the body shape when hitting it. .it's the power or the net rustling or the feeling. . .yeh I think it's the feeling.. .don't get it myself.

I mean, I can articulate it for you if you'd like. No need for the not-so-subtle attempt at a dig. There is a distinct lack of shot variety in both an animation and contextual sense (albeit, that's somewhat one and the same). That, and regardless of a player's shooting stats, the ball just rifles off their foot like a bullet. And yes, recent PES games lack an intangible feel when it comes to scoring that was present in its predecessors. It just doesn't feel as satisfying as it used to. I'll take FIFA 17's shooting over PES 2017's any day of the week.

Just saw some posts made by Adam Bhatti about pes2018.. holy shit I'm excited :)

Let me post 6 of my favourites, so many new things, with more to come at E3, but let's start with 'Bhatti's Best' of:

[1/6] first fave is PC version will be next generation - in fact the best version of #PES2018. Thanks for waiting!

[2/6] HUGE graphical upgrade. The game looks stunning,with new lighting and real capturing of stadiums, and amazing new player models

[3/6] Animations - a complete redevelopment. All core animations redone like jogging, turning, dribbling gives the game a fresh new look

[4/6] of course - gameplay. New auto protect and dribbling mechanics is PES at its best. The most realistic & balanced experience ever

[5/6] modes! Return of Random Select! Preseason tournaments for ML! And of course...online 2v2 (and new 3v3) with local guest support!

[6/6] let's finish off with presentation. New HUD, menus, match presentation, real player images. Finally, not just the gameplay gets love

Overall, best PES in a decade. Still so much to announce. Wait for E3 for license/online news. Until then...Griezmanns new face (& hair)
clip_image001.png

… Im happy with all of that

I mean, I can articulate it for you if you'd like. No need for the not-so-subtle attempt at a dig. There is a distinct lack of shot variety in both an animation and contextual sense (albeit, that's somewhat one and the same). That, and regardless of a player's shooting stats, the ball just rifles off their foot like a bullet. And yes, recent PES games lack an intangible feel when it comes to scoring that was present in its predecessors. It just doesn't feel as satisfying as it used to. I'll take FIFA 17's shooting over PES 2017's any day of the week.

Sorry about the not-so-subtle attempt at a dig. . . .I tried to be subtle .. .I get an ok feeling from scoring in Pes 2017 .. . the ball travels too fast probably. . .if you look back at Pes 5/6 and co.. .some goals are absolutely ridiculous . .shots from 30 yards float in like the keeper isn't there. . .a player with good shooting stats could score regularly from 40 yards once the shot was on target. . .I've played Pes since the International Superstar soccer series and I don't get this tangible feeling of scoring that you are all talking about that's missing. ..Pes 13 was the same . .unrealistic shots from 30 yards would sail in. .. .to me that's not realistic.. .the shooting animations are not as good in Pes 17 but that's about it. As for fifa 17 .. watching videos of it ..the ball tends to perform unnatural swerves when it wants to go in.

If shooting is improved, more contextual like it was in the old days and has more variety then I'm sold. Nothing mentioned as of yet tho

And here we go again!! I'm with the other 2 guys here: I like what I read so far! :)

The turf looks really good in the trailer. Same goes for stadium, fans and entrance tunnel! have you guys seen the chalk raising when the ball rolls over it?! lat at the scene at 0:27 sec... this is real (but why are players standing inside the penalty area!?)! Sick details!
overhauled set pieces and random selection matches sounds nice too.

Choo choooooo....! :D

edit: regarding ne set pieces: watch the teaser from 0:31 sec. how is his standing leg so far away from the ball!? kinda weird!

i do also like what i read so far!

Expectations already sky high based on a teaser trailer
And about Adam's tweets: don't expect him to say that PES2018 is a huge step backwards from 2017. And this from somebody who has nothing against him.

I sincerely hope i'm wrong but lots of people are going to be hugely disappointed during the following months and not because of Konami , but because what they will see, will not live up to their present expectations...

Every year this thread is the same nonsense (i'm sorry if this hurts people). Can we please have a separate news thread without comments (and perhaps not now, i understands that it is too early, but maybe from E3 on)? Please?

Not only Pique kinda bites his lip when heading, but there's cold breathe coming out of his mouth.

I'm keep on telling myself no to get hyped up but it's impossible. I'm officially in love with what's been shown of PES 2018. If they keep up that color palette (in previous years they've done the same. Videos and screenshots look vibrant and intense and then it was just a lie), I will go bananas over this game.

yep that colour palette of kits, grass, entire environment looks amazing. That and the fact that player physics finally look really good (as well as reworked player movement animations) has been something ive wanted for so long. Oh damn this teaser looks good :).. I'm sold already. Oh yes.. and a new reworked penalty system has been something ive wanted since pes11... pes has always had crap penalty systems. cannot wait to see what they have done... has to be better than what they currently have for pes14-17.

Expectations already sky high based on a teaser trailer
And about Adam's tweets: don't expect him to say that PES2018 is a huge step backwards from 2017. And this from somebody who has nothing against him.

I sincerely hope i'm wrong but lots of people are going to be hugely disappointed during the following months and not because of Konami , but because what they will see, will not live up to their present expectations...

Every year this thread is the same nonsense (i'm sorry if this hurts people). Can we please have a separate news thread without comments (and perhaps not now, i understands that it is too early, but maybe from E3 on)? Please?

hmm.. not every year do we hear that animations, penalties etc have been reworked. Not every year do the player physics look this good (seeing the new pes16 and 17 trailers have always disappointed as ive seen those same crappy player movement animations).. not every year does the crowd look this good. I'm sure there will be disappointments.. but if its similar to pes2017, with all these additions, I'm more than sold... rock on PES 2018. I'm officially on the hype train :)

Back
Top Bottom