PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Expectations already sky high based on a teaser trailer
And about Adam's tweets: don't expect him to say that PES2018 is a huge step backwards from 2017. And this from somebody who has nothing against him.

I sincerely hope i'm wrong but lots of people are going to be hugely disappointed during the following months and not because of Konami , but because what they will see, will not live up to their present expectations...

Every year this thread is the same nonsense (i'm sorry if this hurts people). Can we please have a separate news thread without comments (and perhaps not now, i understands that it is too early, but maybe from E3 on)? Please?
Exactly. Should be a fun exercise to note whatever improvement are promised at this moment and compare them to what we'll actually get in September. Guaranteed to be a massive difference, I assure you. Not sold on the pc version quality claims yet either. Seeing is believing with Konami, unfortunately.

im hoping they have included more stats like, shot technique, first touch, a stat that shows how well a player plays under pressure, first time pass/shot, on the defensive side, slide tackling, standing tackle, i also remember a stat in the old days showing you how well a defender can hold his position, if it was low that defender would be a little out of position to allow a through ball, but they have to work not just numbers, if konami can give asim luxury by providing him with an assistant, i cant see why these wouldnt be implemented into the game, these stats matter to me alot.

I could well be wrong, but i have the impression that we hear every year about the animations, perhaps not reworked, but about more animations...this is definitely not my best argument, but IMO it's way too soon to have high expectations.

FOX engine is one of the BEST . Kojima has saved Konami and the PES series ... I'm sure that, if it were has not him and FOX, the PES team would not be able to make such a rich, flexible and powerful engine .

Ped 2018 really needs more variation via animations. Normally I only have the odd game of 17 due to family commitments which suits but this week I've been on a training course all week on my own so took my ps4 and PES..when you put the hours in it gets very samey ...same stumbles , the refereeing really stands out or lack of it..similar AI goals

we needed manual shielding to keep the AI from disposing you so easily, also slowing the game down, hopefully the AI uses this also not being so direct.

we needed realistic first touch to slow the game down and create realistic errors.

also when on semi-assist if you get the ball knocked out of your feet you get switched to another player who is out of the play, giving you no change to win the ball back. By the time you manually switch back to him it's to late and AI wins the ball. My most hated thing in PES. Hope to see this crap removed in 2018!

Last edited:
@gerd what would the world be, if we separated different opinions all the time?! Cmon! ;)
If you want the news only stick to the front sites of some PES related websites!
Even better: stick with us positive blinded users! The reward is the journey!

I wonder no referee overhaul mentioned. But then I think, the new animations might help. :)

@gerd what would the world be, if we separated different opinions all the time?! Cmon! ;)
If you want the news only stick to the front sites of some PES related websites!
Even better: stick with us positive blinded users! The reward is the journey!

I wonder no referee overhaul mentioned. But then I think, the new animations might help. :)
hopefully, animations help, as fouls and collisions are working together.

I just hope the 2v2 mode will be based (at least) on Divisions, because Im a little afraid that it will be only friendlies like teamplay in PES 2017 is. When speaking about teamplay, there really should be something like FIFAs Pro Clubs, not just useless friendly lobbies...

I think i read, that the coop 2vs2 and 3vs3 can also be used in myclub! If its true...great times...

The lighning look stunning, i hope it"s not just postprod for the trailer
are those digital UEFA boards ? Looks like it.

also look at Naymar's body structure 2017 looks robotic with both arms in same position while dribbling. But 2018 doesn't look that way arms in different positions.

i'm i being over hyped by saying this isn't just an improvement, this looks next gen.

No more robotic movement:PRAY:

Last edited:
I think i read, that the coop 2vs2 and 3vs3 can also be used in myclub! If its true...great times...
I do not know man ... I've dreamed about this for years . In every poll of Konami over the years, I have always written to them about such co-op modes, online co-op ML .. now ... it is too good for me to be true ... and if it happens ... must online mode be Far better than it is now. In " Team play lobby " every match is lag hell

This teaser showed graphics improvements, but what is more important to me is gameplay and online.

I would like to have more details about how they touched everything, how Pes 2018 has more changes in one year than the 10 previous years.

I would like to have more details about how they touched everything, how Pes 2018 has more changes in one year than the 10 previous years.
my guess is they increased the size of team and konami increased the budget or been working on it behind the scene because your right this is more work than ever per year. Looks next gen to me. Definitely visually better than fifa now.

Last edited:
Will they ever get rid of the hunched statues at throw ins bobbing up and down? Or the guy doing a jig on the edge of the box waiting for the kickout?

Some rumours on IGN Benelux.

The complete trailer will be out on june the 13th.

Release of the Retail version september the 12th in Australia and spetmeber the 14th in Europe.

interesting.. wonder why 12th in Australia??? Normally we get it same time if not later than Europe...

Some rumours on IGN Benelux.

The complete trailer will be out on june the 13th.

Release of the Retail version september the 12th in Australia and spetmeber the 14th in Europe.
It's not a rumor. It's in the official info that came with the teaser.

DAG6RfjVwAEF317.jpg

Is something wrong there? :lol:

Looks like Konami's getting rid of the humongous shorts.:YES: No mention of improved shooting though.:NO:

I'm with automatic shielding. I have no desire to press a button to manually shield. Just like the old games.

I'm with automatic shielding. I have no desire to press a button to manually shield. Just like the old games.

Hmm, i'm not a fan. If i play the ball into a striker's feet, I want to decide if I back in and try to hold the ball up or quickly turn. If an animation is automatically triggered it could and will be very annoying. FIFA does the whole shielding thing pretty well.

Hmm, i'm not a fan. If i play the ball into a striker's feet, I want to decide if I back in and try to hold the ball up or quickly turn. If an animation is automatically triggered it could and will be very annoying. FIFA does the whole shielding thing pretty well.

Agree. I'm a big fan of being able to decide when and what a player does. I enjoy the shielding in FIFA and feel it adds to the 1 v 1 battles.
PES already has automatic shielding so I'm not entirely sure what's new here

Adam has used the phrase "automatic shielding" on Twitter so I'm pretty sure it's automatic.
Just to clarify, this is where I've seen "auto" referred to:

LXHCuH3.jpg

SOURCE: Twitter

Definitely sounds like the new shielding is automatic to me!

Personally, I'm fine with it - more control is all well and good, but there's a fine line. Once you have to remember to hold down a shield button so that the opponent doesn't just ceaselessly smash the ball off you every time by holding down "pressure" (and it's very easy to win the ball in PES), I'm of the belief that there's DEFINITELY no harm in it being automatic when it's something so instinctive to any footballer (though it'd be nice if it was linked to the attributes).

Total control sounds like a dream, until it becomes more like landing a plane than telling a bloke to smack his foot into a ball...

For my money, the tactics should be complicated, but the controls definitely shouldn't be. (How kids do tricks in FIFA I'll never know, it's like trying to crack a safe in the middle of a football match. Sod that.)

Last edited:
Just to clarify, this is where I've seen "auto" referred to:

LXHCuH3.jpg

SOURCE: Twitter

Definitely sounds like the new shielding is automatic to me!

Personally, I'm fine with it - more control is all well and good, but there's a fine line. Once you have to remember to hold down a shield button so that the opponent doesn't just ceaselessly smash the ball off you every time by holding down "pressure" (and it's very easy to win the ball in PES), I'm of the belief that there's DEFINITELY no harm in it being automatic when it's something so instinctive to any footballer (though it'd be nice if it was linked to the attributes).

Total control sounds like a dream, until it becomes more like landing a plane than telling a bloke to smack his foot into a ball...

For my money, the tactics should be complicated, but the controls definitely shouldn't be. (How kids do tricks in FIFA I'll never know, it's like trying to crack a safe in the middle of a football match.)

Do you not think there is harm if it triggers an animation when you don't need it or doesn't when you do?

I think auto shielding should be there based on stats, IE if i'm using dembele but there also needs to be an option to engage it if you need to. If it's one or the other, I'd much prefer manual. Both is ideal providing the auto is fairly subtle.

Do you not think there is harm if it triggers an animation when you don't need it or doesn't when you do?

I think auto shielding should be there based on stats, IE if i'm using dembele but there also needs to be an option to engage it if you need to. If it's one or the other, I'd much prefer manual. Both is ideal providing the auto is fairly subtle.

In current PES you get locked into the shielding animation, allowing another player to come in and rob you.
PES is too scripted as it is. Manual shielding all the way for me but effectiveness should be stat related

Back
Top Bottom