PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Sorry buddy, my bad. I totally forgot to get back at you.

The speed I'm using in Nesa's latest gameplay speed module (the one he updated for version 1.5.01 I think) is: 0,199.
And Shot Power is 0,75!
Been having a very good time playing a fresh new Master League with Inter using these settings, while waiting to see what PES 2019 feels like.
Thanks a lot @Chuny .

Oh yeah I know mate (https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/gfx-mod-2-0-new-pitch-grass-added-san-siro.78976/)
But I wasn't talking about THAT kind of pitch "marks". I was actually talking about actual footprints that look like boots stepping or sliding on wet short grass. PES attempt at that isn't very well done, it looks kind of "cheap".
I'm not a fan of FIFA's turfs but they actually do a better job at pitch wear and such.
Ahh,ok.
Yeah it looks kinda cheap but still i prefer it than not seeing marks at all if you use some pitch mode.
That's why i use only these two cpks i wrote to be able to have these footprint and sliding marks.
At least it looks more realistic that way.
Also i play with my tv's colour,brightness,contrast etc settings and i have found a good balance and it looks good.
At least much better than modless default one with default settings.

Yeah i'm also not a fan of Fifa's turfs and lighting but from the little that we saw it looks improved in 19.
Pes pitch and overall also look improved for 19.Maybe we will have two very good looking games this time.We'll see.
For me also graphics,player models etc play a big part that's why i stick with Pes.
Also i can't stand anymore Fifa's twitchy weightless animations and mentally quick moving little legs lol.
I hope it will be improved.Well i hope both games actually will be improved where every game has issues.

Ahh,ok.
Yeah it looks kinda cheap but still i prefer it than not seeing marks at all if you use some pitch mode.
That's why i use only these two cpks i wrote to be able to have these footprint and sliding marks.
At least it looks more realistic that way.
Also i play with my tv's colour,brightness,contrast etc settings and i have found a good balance and it looks good.
At least much better than modless default one with default settings.

Yeah i'm also not a fan of Fifa's turfs and lighting but from the little that we saw it looks improved in 19.
Pes pitch and overall also look improved for 19.Maybe we will have two very good looking games this time.We'll see.
For me also graphics,player models etc play a big part that's why i stick with Pes.
Also i can't stand anymore Fifa's twitchy weightless animations and mentally quick moving little legs lol.
I hope it will be improved.Well i hope both games actually will be improved where every game has issues.
Lol at mentally quick moving little legs lol

Just had one of the best games of 18 minus the lack of fouls. Assigning tight marking and man to man the AI wingers to prevent them constantly breaking down the flanks. I finished losing 3-2 on superstar against arsenal but I didn't feel cheated this time. PA1 Manual shooting

watching Liverpool vs. Dortmund at the ICC, had me starting my ps4 and have match (Liverpool v. Roma) last night.
i recorded the goals. :)
i was a nice match with my prefered settings (see sig.). roma was leading 0:1 for like an hour. then i had a corner kick wich send the ball to the short corner of the 5 yard box. i was controlling Firmino manual... run down the penalty box, to cut inside the penalty area when the ball was kicked. got Firminos head at it and sunk it in... short corner bouncing of the ground! what a nice header!
i pushed my whole team forward from that moment on (tactics all red). and then it happened. 90 min +3! last attack. Milner with the chance from about 18 meter... the keepers tries to save, parries it in front of himself, Firmino reacts the fastes and slots it in with the inside of his left foot. easy peasy! :D

i had so much fun! i was happy wining but i would have fun even with a draw! as bonus: i got the last minute turn around trophy. got a trophy a week before the new demo hits! :D

i can upload the best moments and goals if you want to see it. i liked it a lot and wanted to share!
ps: maybe its because i havent played constantly the last weeks... but maybe the patches did something good to the game. hm.

watching Liverpool vs. Dortmund at the ICC, had me starting my ps4 and have match (Liverpool v. Roma) last night.
i recorded the goals. :)
i was a nice match with my prefered settings (see sig.). roma was leading 0:1 for like an hour. then i had a corner kick wich send the ball to the short corner of the 5 yard box. i was controlling Firmino manual... run down the penalty box, to cut inside the penalty area when the ball was kicked. got Firminos head at it and sunk it in... short corner bouncing of the ground! what a nice header!
i pushed my whole team forward from that moment on (tactics all red). and then it happened. 90 min +3! last attack. Milner with the chance from about 18 meter... the keepers tries to save, parries it in front of himself, Firmino reacts the fastes and slots it in with the inside of his left foot. easy peasy! :D

i had so much fun! i was happy wining but i would have fun even with a draw! as bonus: i got the last minute turn around trophy. got a trophy a week before the new demo hits! :D

i can upload the best moments and goals if you want to see it. i liked it a lot and wanted to share!
ps: maybe its because i havent played constantly the last weeks... but maybe the patches did something good to the game. hm.
I played a few games couple of weeks ago and it's better than before,problem with Pes 18 is once you've start to like it and invest in s few ML games and gets pumped up,it's back to being horrible ping pong for a few again.

So after talking to the VAR officials this afternoon, the scenes as discribed have been rewatched and the following happend:
The first goal was a mistake by Karius.
For the last goal the ball bounces off the post and Firmino takes it home.
But see yourself. The video footage emerged on YouTube somehow. The internet. :D

I guess PES 2018 wasn't that unrealistic afterall..

Di0Q1hGX4AAgrDr.jpg

I think the key to enjoying this game is getting your defence set up right. Currently gone to top player PA1 Manual shooting.
Default defence equals far to much space to run on behind normally on the wings.
Deep line defence can disconnect with midfield and if you don't win the ball in the box the AI swarms and they score
Tight marking with width sitting a bit back is the sweet spot for me - far more controlled

Played an international tournament as Brazil
V oman. W 1-0
V Russia L 4-3
V Montenegro W 2-1

I celebrated the last victory like I'd won the cup only to go out on goal difference lol..russia was a goal behind me but smashed oman 5-1..gutted

I'm sure this has been spoken about at length but last night watching matt10's vid on pes2019 having similar problems to 2018 I tried some formation editing and had some nice results. For both teams I popped on fluid formation and 'in possession' I made the fullbacks advanced wide midfielders and made sure that the DMF wasn't an anchorman (I went for 'destroyer' when editing). This successfully countered the problem of the computer only attacking with 4 players and stopped the dmf dropping into the backline. They still offered protection but weren't so deep. Just wish there was a global editor on the ps4!

I've started a new league after testing some tactics just for user. Playing as man city I've set up where I drop my defensive line back to the top of the penalty area, set up as a wide defence with tight marking and Mark whoever is playing wide on both sides. In midfield I spread this out a little too...its helped with the spamming wide through balls The AI tries it a little less often and due to the marking settings when they do I'm normally covered. The default tactics are horrendous, just wide open spaces..im not sure the tactical screen positions accurately translate to on field position.

I've started a new league after testing some tactics just for user. Playing as man city I've set up where I drop my defensive line back to the top of the penalty area, set up as a wide defence with tight marking and Mark whoever is playing wide on both sides. In midfield I spread this out a little too...its helped with the spamming wide through balls The AI tries it a little less often and due to the marking settings when they do I'm normally covered. The default tactics are horrendous, just wide open spaces..im not sure the tactical screen positions accurately translate to on field position.

No shit...
Me too mate! I started a League (not Master League, just the normal League Mode) with ManCity a week ago and I've been having a great time. The perfect wait to await for 2019 with less anxiety.

One thing I couldn't understand is against UTD I got 6 free kicks,one I scored from, against arsenal I didn't get one..maybe rival settings? Maybe coincidence..i played with same tactics and same team

One thing I couldn't understand is against UTD I got 6 free kicks,one I scored from, against arsenal I didn't get one..maybe rival settings? Maybe coincidence..i played with same tactics and same team
Yeah rival settings always makes the opponents pressing more and brings more fouls.

Yeah rival settings always makes the opponents pressing more and brings more fouls.

Indeed.
You can test it yourself too. Change the Rival to any other team and go play an exhibition match, you'll see they become more aggressive. If that was set to all teams by default, I don't think as many people would complain.

I might try that so far without rival settings ive had 3 20 min league games
V Arsenal W 1-0 2 fouls
V West ham L 1-0 4 fouls (Joe Hart was a beast 6 or 7 world class saves)
V Brighton W 3-1 2 fouls

This is PA 1 manual shooting on professional and I must admit I'm really enjoying it ..looking forward to 2019 if it's going to improve it

Beaten by a very good Liverpool team earlier. So good they not only didn't have to make any fouls, but also not any tackles! Wow

20180623_160022.jpg

Nice one!

Guess I have to get back to manual shooting.
I turned it back to basic shooting (along with manual passing) as I ALWAYS hit the keeper in the middle of the goal.
So often that it got frustrating.

Guess I´ll try again.

Just make sure to get the angles right first and then in addition you can do some gentle aiming if you feel it's required.

I uploaded some goals last night from MyClub vsCom Top Player stronger upto Super Star stronger, maybe somewhat helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUV0INdG84nDTZmHtLE9Wc2A

Glad you guys kept playing and reporting on the games changes.

It's really a different game,last time (2 weeks ago?) I played this,I turned it off,!
Me,Milan TP/20/manual.
They pinged through me with ease.

Is this the best 18 has played?

I don't think much has changed really. Player selection has improved and players not switching and getting stuck in jog mode when sending through balls to them happens only very rarely now, but occasionally still happens.

Other than that it still ranges from AI being beatable up to pretty much unplayable (on manual settings at least).

I think in last few games I played earlier this week I got like a one foul average per game.

I've started a new league after testing some tactics just for user. Playing as man city .... The default tactics are horrendous, just wide open spaces..im not sure the tactical screen positions accurately translate to on field position.

Ah I might tinker with this a bit if I happen to try play another few. Yeah Guardiola has def line 8 and wide containment I think. I've used a def line 8 manager in MyClub vsCom with centre containment and compactness 8, but especially that last thing gets annoying when they hug the touchline.

Maybe I'll pick City and muck around a bit playing Champions League later.

Extending my congratulations/sympathies to anyone who has played PES on Superstar/Legend on a regular basis this year.

Surely one of the most tedious and enduring experiences in gaming history.

Hope PES 19 makes Superstar playable again.

Extending my congratulations/sympathies to anyone who has played PES on Superstar/Legend on a regular basis this year.

Professional/TP fully manual the way to go

I´m playing superstar with custom tactics and it´s much better then preset tactics. I think it only works with tight marking, high defense and marking. It really changes the game. Still hard, but not that unplayable. And this is with my 50 TS team.

Professional/TP fully manual the way to go

Definitely. I'm playing Top Player manual and after the latest patches it's less frustrating,even if there still are low rated team playing with quick passing style when they shouldn't be able to do that. Superstar and Legend are simply crazy unrealistic.

I´m playing superstar with custom tactics and it´s much better then preset tactics. I think it only works with tight marking, high defense and marking. It really changes the game. Still hard, but not that unplayable. And this is with my 50 TS team.
Doesn't it end being your last defenders in the midfield circle?

So the gods of PES must be very generous today! After 854 games in ML, i must have played over 20 different saves, i won my 2nd penalty kick!!! I tried to slalom in the penalty area with my profilic winger and two defenders chopped down my player. Firstly i was not expecting anything, this staf happens every day. But secondly when the referee whistled i was feared that the CPU assumed that i did intentional diving. I said "come on i did n't press so much buttons not even accidentaly. :D But one second later the commentartor said that it is a penalty, referee spoted the PK spot, so my fear transformed into surprise!! Yeah this is how i celebrated my 2nd penalty kick!!See you in the third one, about approx. after 400 games from now. :)

Last edited:
I got sterling sent off for a second yellow for a dive..thing it was a stone wall penalty ..contact by defenders foot sterling stumbled I press dive..oh well..i do wonder if Konami tweak stuff under the radar every pes game seems to get better at the end of the cycle once live updates are killed..my last league match I got 6 free kicks one before that I think it was 4..wierd

Yeah it has been abysmal really :BRICK:

No idea how you do it -lol- I applied tight marking and marking wingers a few days ago vs. Super Star medium in MyClub, having def line 5 myself and I got totally shredded by Ibrahimovic, Andy Townsend and Christian Cueva :SHAKE: I had freaking Alex Sandro, Ramos, Thiago Silva and Mariano at the back. Undoing all that marking helped, but damage was already done by then.

Now I think of it I've had some of my best results vs Super Star playing a 3-4-3 manager with 2 CM's positioned as widely as possible and they were doing a better job than full backs I think.

Doesn't it end being your last defenders in the midfield circle?

Not necessarily...highest I've tried is def line 8. They won't be in midfield circle when you lose possession, but the opponents striker will always be so ready to receive the ball as he does track back to midfield circle. Even when your CB's have man marking card they'll stay so far away from him. Tight marking does quite solve this, but it doesn't matter on Super Star as the CF will still receive the ball ping it back for then to go deep instantly and you being raped is pretty much in process again already :WHISTLE:

So the gods of PES must be very generous today! After 854 games in ML, i must have played over 20 different saves, i won my 2nd penalty kick!!! I tried to slalom in the penalty area with my profilic winger and two defenders chopped down my player. Firstly i was not expecting anything, this staf happens every day. But secondly when the referee whistled i was feared that the CPU assumed that i did intentional diving. I said "come on i did n't press so much buttons not even accidentaly. :D But one second later the commentartor said that it is a penalty, referee spoted the PK spot, so my fear transformed into surprise!! Yeah this is how i celebrated my 2nd penalty kick!!See you in the third one, about approx. after 400 games from now. :)

lol I've had more than that vs AI. Maybe about 10? But still way too little. Manual passing and feints increase the odds I think, but it's still ludicrous how rarely you get them.

I got sterling sent off for a second yellow for a dive..thing it was a stone wall penalty ..contact by defenders foot sterling stumbled I press dive..oh well..i do wonder if Konami tweak stuff under the radar every pes game seems to get better at the end of the cycle once live updates are killed..my last league match I got 6 free kicks one before that I think it was 4..wierd

lol I hacked Messi down properly some time when he was about to go to 1 on 1 with my gk and he got yellow for a dive and few minutes later he got a second yellow for something really light. I've had 2-3 red cards for AI. There should have been countless straight red cards for atrocious tackles from behind.

For the upcoming icc match Bayern vs. ManUnited i wanted to get in the mood...
Currently having a beer at half time (0:2 United). Trying to turn it around now.

I was talking to a friend these days and he wasn’t playing 2018 for month, like me. He had some fun and said something had changed for the good. The patches?! Abstinence?! I don’t know. But he was happy about it.

Just had a 20 min full manual exhibition game against Atlanta. Started as man city default tactics. The AI went 3-0 all down to long balls over the defende. 1st goal was from my corner. Headed out of the area smashed first time up field, first time lob. At 3-0 i change tactics. Drop a midfielder back to holding drop my defence slightly back and wider. Front men tucked in a bit. Immediate difference , every through ball was now covered. Game ended 3-3 - stirling netting 2 before fernindinho equalised in 89th minute. Also had 6 fouls 3 of which were sliding tackles..great game and shows how changing tactics changes the game

Back
Top Bottom