PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

unless the patch was already ready just in case of the feedback they have received. i mean it is impossible for them not to know there are no fouls or the AI backs off
Just a quick note on this patch.

Bear in mind that certification (from Sony/MS) takes a week at best.

So it is categorically not based on any feedback from the demo - it is impossible - but as others have already said, it could potentially be based on their "world tour" feedback.

Just a quick note on this patch.

Bear in mind that certification (from Sony/MS) takes a week at best.

So it is categorically not based on any feedback from the demo - it is impossible - but as others have already said, it could potentially be based on their "world tour" feedback.

70e791.jpg

I used to work for Sony, in the certification department - still have friends there. They couldn't tell me about specific games or patches without getting fired, but it's still around one week for patches to make it through certification. Unless they have some kind of special dispensation, but if they did, it'd be for the game's release date - not this early.

When he says "demo", the Gamescom code was "demo" code, wasn't it?

Perhaps people are sick of seeing same repetitive posts made 5 to 10 times a day by same people ,and perhaps You fail to realize that the process goes from passing an opinion to out and out daily trolling for the sake of it.
You are a fan like anyone else here,but don't be a troll please.
You singled out Moderators as always praising the game?
You need to actually read Moderators feedback more,their is plenty of criticism about.

We get the "fuck Konami's", the "hate Bhatti's",the" immersion breakers", the "game breakers", the " I'm outs" from various people who still post same thing the next day,week,month,for the hell of it.
The one line trolls who offer nothing other than being on a bandwagon.
We also recognize some are just reactive and then settle down to offer good proper support statements,be it good or bad.

To underpin a perceived Konami issue,You need to be far more constructive.

And you say Your posts are ignored, Hmmmm have a think about that.
my points mentioned are ignored yes,why don;t you say that about bondjamesbond and shez and others saying the negatives just so that they would listen to us. because every year we have the same things in the game that are negatives and cons, nothing changes, i don't want pes to be just an upgrade in graphics and animations every year going, it seems devs have just made it a standard that pes has to be easy for everyone to pick up and play and i m fine with that, but why never read or listen to pes fanbase feedback, i only see them talking about we got new faces, this is not what we want, i don't understand do they think they are winning over fifa fanbase to come to pes??? i guess they won't if the same cons will be still in the game.

I used to work for Sony, in the certification department - still have friends there. They couldn't tell me about specific games or patches without getting fired, but it's still around one week for patches to make it through certification. Unless they have some kind of special dispensation, but if they did, it'd be for the game's release date - not this early.

former games tester here, agreed with above.

probably feedback from the same build as the demo is what we are seeing in the patch that is out now (ie gamescom/world tour)

Last edited:
I'm with Chris here. There is not enough time to put gamescom demo feedback into a patch and release it that fast.
Wasn't the WT demo the same as gamescom, and before that was only the beta? So they might have collected feedback from the world tour, wich started 2 weeks prior to gamescom, right?!
Anyway, that 85mb file just can't be the day one patch...! ...as day one is next week and the file size seems petty small...!

in my opinion konami release pes too early these days.

I am sure back in the pes 3, 4, 5 days it was released late October.

I wish konami release it later and made sure all bugs and annoyances are ironed out and the game plays well

Next week is too soon

I'm also very fond of the South American teams. Those players seem to suit me better, could be a placebo...

Where I tend to live these days with pes.Love the character and personality.

What I would do for the j-league,but that's another story.Atleast in the last two versions we have had a few Japanese teams because of the Asia cup.

Konami missed a trick there and there's many a European fan that have wanted the j-league for a decade.

EPL,being unlicensed doesn't bother me and ive always appreciated the work kit editors have done on the championship sides the last few years.There is just so much more satisfaction playing with smaller teams.

Please let's not jump to conclusions I didn't say it's how you play. Yes autocorrect fucked up my original post but the fact is on top player I am getting fouls.

Sensibly though if you spamming the pass button chances are you not going to get fouls. Also what difficulty are you playing on? I haven't played on superstar to judge if there is an issue with perfect tackling by the com which has been the case previously.

It's football, right? We are supposed to pass...and isn't it Konami's fault that people can do that?

The impression after Gamescom was that it's the same speed as beta, And no one complained about any of the horrible stuff we've seen in the demo, So it can't be the same demo that we got.

The demo was out 6 days ago, Konami won't have time to take our feedback into consideration and implement things.

Where I tend to live these days with pes.Love the character and personality.

What I would do for the j-league,but that's another story.Atleast in the last two versions we have had a few Japanese teams because of the Asia cup.

Konami missed a trick there and there's many a European fan that have wanted the j-league for a decade.

EPL,being unlicensed doesn't bother me and ive always appreciated the work kit editors have done on the championship sides the last few years.There is just so much more satisfaction playing with smaller teams.

I agree. That's why I love the Brazilian teams online, don't know if it's placebo or not but they all feel more technical and in control of the ball, but they lack in speed and strength. To bad Mineiro/Gremio and Santos have fake players this year. Players like Fred,Robinho, Ricardi Oliveira and Lucas Lima will be missed...

The impression after Gamescom was that it's the same speed as beta, And no one complained about any of the horrible stuff we've seen in the demo, So it can't be the same demo that we got.

The demo was out 6 days ago, Konami won't have time to take our feedback into consideration and implement things.

As I've stated a million times,the Xboxone demo is way ahead of the PS4 in so many areas technically.

Issues in the PS4 demo that are non existent in the xboxone demo.Cursor speed,smoothness and a lot less bugs.

Why get so worked up about a demo,there always representive but never the same as finished code.

I understand your frustrations but we are around a week away from release.Lets wait and see before we enter the realms of doom and gloom.

I have a feeling the pc and Xbox one version of the game this year were finished and optimised earlier then the PS4,hence why's there is more irregularity in the PS4 demo.

I respect what your saying but it's border line hysteria.Try to look at the bigger picture.PR and marketing are never transparent,nor does it ever admit fault.It muddies the water.

These issues may have be ironed out already.Because there are things happening on my PS4 demo that dont on the xboxone.

Last edited:
I'm loving the demo the more I play it. I finally made the switch to Manual and playing on Professional at the moment but I can hang with top player as well on full manual. I finally have gotten the manual passing down and it's a pure joy when make a great through ball with the pass button or lob pass button on manual. I see what people have been saying for years in FIFA and PES now about the freedom you have when playing on manual. I personally always didn't use manual because most of my gaming is done online in FIFA clubs or in seasons. but now in PES I feel like I can use Manual even playing against people with pass assist 1. I'm confident in my passing on manual and do really well. The shooting on manual I have gotten much better and scoring some great goals.. at least they seem great to me because they are on manual and the feeling I get from scoring them is much more enjoyable. However, I do seem to miss the sitters in close on manual way to much for my liking. I might just use manual passing with Advanced shooting for online.

for all you manual players.. do any of you use Manual with Advanced shooting or should I just stick with full manual.. ?and I specifically want to hear from those of you who plan to be playing like that online as well.

another note regarding the demo that I noticed that works really well when defending is using the super cancel often. I will run at defenders doing that and easily get the ball. If your not holding R2 your success at getting the ball when going in for a tackle drops by almost 50% it seems.

Thanks

Last edited:
Goodvibe, as a " new" member You have stated nothing a million times ,and don't post You respect what someone posts in the same breath as accusing them of borderline hysteria.

We can see straight through that.

Regarding playing with lesser teams don't you guys find you approach the game differently, read more cautiously and aware that the 40 yard killer pass or trying to outrun a defender won't work.
I tend to also enjoy games with lesser players and teams more as it makes me think more around how to work for a goal.

God knows everytime I have Messi on the ball I try it dribble past atleast 2 players :D I haven't scored with him yet in all my games but it's quite satisfying controlling him.

It akin to a driving game and rolling out the top of the range ferrari and pushing the limits of what can be done.

for all you manual players.. do any of you use Manual with Advanced shooting or should I just stick with full manual.. ?and I specifically want to hear from those of you who plan to be playing like that online as well.

I tried full manual for a month and didn't like it. Now, I play at Top Player, ML with Real Betis, Manual Passing and Advanced Shooting and I found that this is the best combination for me. I have great variety, manual passing is not that difficult and Advanced Shooting is very nice.

If online on PC works good enough, I'll play with the same settings, yeah.

Regarding playing with lesser teams don't you guys find you approach the game differently, read more cautiously and aware that the 40 yard killer pass or trying to outrun a defender won't work.
I tend to also enjoy games with lesser players and teams more as it makes me think more around how to work for a goal.

God knows everytime I have Messi on the ball I try it dribble past atleast 2 players :D I haven't scored with him yet in all my games but it's quite satisfying controlling him.

It akin to a driving game and rolling out the top of the range ferrari and pushing the limits of what can be done.
Playing as smaller team always makes you play differently (my opinion)
And also playing in lower leagues makes the game play differently
Loved how the competitions game (16) played in L1 and the championship,hated how it played in the PL.
And first rule when buying a Ferrari?
Take off the training wheels

Goodvibe, as a " new" member You have stated nothing a million times ,and don't post You respect what someone posts in the same breath as accusing them of borderline hysteria.

We can see straight through that.

Fair enough superleeds1.I retract that statement and it wasn't meant as inflammotory or was I looking to start a argument.I do however clearly see how that could be perceived.

It's not blind fanboyism on my part,however,I do understand that the way people perceive things is different then me.

Just don't want people to get worked up about nothing,or the unknown.Nature of a forum or people's passion.I do like shez's posts.

I'm going to back off the forum until the game is released.

I love the community here,talk of both games and I'm really looking forward to discussing aspects of both games with a lot of the members of the members on here.As well contributing to some pc editing and talking master league.

I don't want people to start thinking I'm Adam again or konami PR(which is probably happening).

Thanks for some great discussion and excellent posts,which I've really enjoyed reading.

Last edited:
Fair enough superleeds1.I retract that statement and it wasn't meant as inflammotory or was I looking to start a argument.I do however clearly see how that could be perceived.

It's not blind fanboyism on my part,however,I do understand that the way people perceive things is different then me.

Just don't want people to get worked up about nothing,or the unknown.Nature of a forum or people's passion.I do like shez's posts.

All good man

My bet is on the PC version and I have a lot of optimism about it, Next week we hope things will be fixed and we can enjoy the game

EDIT: You can be Konami PR as long as you can guarantee fouls :D

I'm loving the demo the more I play it. I finally made the switch to Manual and playing on Professional at the moment but I can hang with top player as well on full manual. I finally have gotten the manual passing down and it's a pure joy when make a great through ball with the pass button or lob pass button on manual. I see what people have been saying for years in FIFA and PES now about the freedom you have when playing on manual. I personally always didn't use manual because most of my gaming is done online in FIFA clubs or in seasons. but now in PES I feel like I can use Manual even playing against people with pass assist 1. I'm confident in my passing on manual and do really well. The shooting on manual I have gotten much better and scoring some great goals.. at least they seem great to me because they are on manual and the feeling I get from scoring them is much more enjoyable. However, I do seem to miss the sitters in close on manual way to much for my liking. I might just use manual passing with Advanced shooting for online.

another note regarding the demo that I noticed that works really well when defending is using the super cancel often. I will run at defenders doing that and easily get the ball. If your not holding R2 your success at getting the ball when going in for a tackle drops by almost 50% it seems.

Thanks

I'm gonna go with manual passing, adv shooting/through balls for online. Just because I (think) I see much more differen't types of shots when using that. It's much harder than manual shooting for me though :D I got really used (and good!) at manual shooting. But R2 shooting was/is inpossible to learn (at least for me) when using manual shooting.

What is so strange about the Ultimate Stadium ? I think the stadium is using closed rooftop with CL logo on it .

I don't know but i don't like it in this video , but i not played neither the demo so it could be better of what i think, anyway something seems missing.

Back
Top Bottom