PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I was talking to a friend these days and he wasn’t playing 2018 for month, like me. He had some fun and said something had changed for the good. The patches?! Abstinence?! I don’t know. But he was happy about it.

It always changes :LOL: I was on Super Star for 30+ games in MyClub and thought I finally got this. Then I nearly relegated straight to Professional, but managed to win last game on Top Player weaker. Top Player was playing like Super Star probably because I had spanked AI for too long.

Just had a 20 min full manual exhibition game against Atlanta. Started as man city default tactics. The AI went 3-0 all down to long balls over the defende.

:DD was that on professional?

Been playing my ML the recent days a lot.

I can´t help it, but the amount of bullshit games got very very low...I really do enjoy my ML, aside from wishing to have more injuries.

Lost the CL finals 0:2 against Man City...was okay...I didn´t feel scripted or cheated...goals been comprehensible.

Last time I had the need of switching the game off out of frustration has been...I don´t even remember.

Can´t wait to try the new demo...

Yes professional, the AI gets silly above that and you can almost predict that they are going to score

Yeah it's terrible. But I can't play Professional really, because most of the time a team averaging a bit over 70 OPR is enough for me against Professional. Can't use much worse players then they become unplayable really -lol-

Been playing my ML the recent days a lot.

I can´t help it, but the amount of bullshit games got very very low...I really do enjoy my ML, aside from wishing to have more injuries.

Lost the CL finals 0:2 against Man City...was okay...I didn´t feel scripted or cheated...goals been comprehensible.

Last time I had the need of switching the game off out of frustration has been...I don´t even remember.

Can´t wait to try the new demo...

Hey if you have fun it's ok man. But if you'd play it for another while despite Demo hitting soon and AI goes bat shit crazy again then do let us know :D

Yes professional, the AI gets silly above that and you can almost predict that they are going to score

Top player is not too bad once you have enough team spirit or better players, but if you have low rated teams with low team spirit it's really really difficult to enjoy. I forced myself to play it in Challenge mode, manual passing, because i'm stubborn and after 10(!) ML seasons and being fired many times i managed slowly but surely to improve my team and can easily manage top player now.

Maybe i could try Superstar, but i know that the CPU would be too scripted, better not to touch that difficulty level.

Yeah it's terrible. But I can't play Professional really, because most of the time a team averaging a bit over 70 OPR is enough for me against Professional. Can't use much worse players then they become unplayable really -lol-

Hey if you have fun it's ok man. But if you'd play it for another while despite Demo hitting soon and AI goes bat shit crazy again then do let us know :D

Hehe, I will :P

For the upcoming icc match Bayern vs. ManUnited i wanted to get in the mood...
Currently having a beer at half time (0:2 United). Trying to turn it around now.

I was talking to a friend these days and he wasn’t playing 2018 for month, like me. He had some fun and said something had changed for the good. The patches?! Abstinence?! I don’t know. But he was happy about it.

You know what? It happed to me too.
In fact, just a month ago I started a new Master League. That's how good I was feeling. But the ML code brought back some bad memories. So I started a League Mode instead and it has been good. I played a full season and then I sstopped because it lacks the "depth" (if you can call it that) of a Master League. It gets old rather quickly.

Top player is not too bad once you have enough team spirit or better players, but if you have low rated teams with low team spirit it's really really difficult to enjoy. I forced myself to play it in Challenge mode, manual passing, because i'm stubborn and after 10(!) ML seasons and being fired many times i managed slowly but surely to improve my team and can easily manage top player now.

Maybe i could try Superstar, but i know that the CPU would be too scripted, better not to touch that difficulty level.
10 ML seasons?! lol ..i play 20 minute games and because of family commitments I may get 3 or 4 games a week in..hopefully this will increase when my little lad hits 6 or 7 and I can school him..hes only 3 though and has zero interest lol

I skipped Master League all together this year. Just played regular leagues, which is fine because it has the Cup games and CL as well. How will the next game's regular leagues be affected by the lack of European Cup licences I wonder?
I will likely be finishing a CL competition I started to play co-op with my brother tonight. Last chance to play CL in PES:CRY:

I skipped Master League all together this year. Just played regular leagues, which is fine because it has the Cup games and CL as well. How will the next game's regular leagues be affected by the lack of European Cup licences I wonder?
I will likely be finishing a CL competition I started to play co-op with my brother tonight. Last chance to play CL in PES:CRY:

I also don´t know how to feel about that.

CL games with the logo, intro, scoreboard and everything provided a lot of immersion.
Loved to play them in the master league.

After release there probably won´t be any mod anytime soon, but I count on them.

10 ML seasons?! lol ..i play 20 minute games and because of family commitments I may get 3 or 4 games a week in..hopefully this will increase when my little lad hits 6 or 7 and I can school him..hes only 3 though and has zero interest lol
My littile lad is 10 months! I must wait too much, until he gets interested for a coop Master League. :D
I am playing also some matches, about 4-5 a week when i find time from job and family/babysitting duties, in TopPlayer, i abandoned SuperStar since xmas. Even if it is more challenging i can't stand Benveneto playing like Barcelona, it kills any realism for me and removes all the depth and the quest of Master League.In superstar every match from 38 of season was a world cup final.
For the last matches i tried Matt10 suggestion for gamespeed +1. I am too hesitant, as i prefer the slower tempo.For example what kills me more in pes2017, after the "score only from header" issue, is the rocket-fast tempo. Until now it seems to work normally. Can't say if it is better than default game speed or if it is a placebo, the ball seems to roll smoothly and the transition animations seem to work better in +1 than 0 where they seem cluncky.
I am affraid only if in some matches the speed may seem different, more speedy like frame skipping, because in PES 2017, when i tried -1 speed it was not universal game speed. In some matches it looked smooth in some others in went toooo sloow as the ball was floating in the air. I am not sure if it was caused by in game details like stadium graphic details, i am playing on ps4 pro console by the way, or from many players crowded the current screen which causes a little bit frame drop that does not make the game laggy but makes it slight slower.I will be very disappointed if the +1 trick works betters for some matches and varies in other games to result to rapid gameplay.

I wouldn't recommend it really. Only reason why I still regularly try a game or two is that I can't really stand not to have gotten the 'Beat Legendary twice in a row' trophy in MyClub, but I also know it's not going to happen :D

For Top Player and Super Star weaker I use a team as attached and rotate a bit with M. Simon (LWF), Jo (CF), Antonio (RWF), Ziyech (AMF or SS), Huang Bowen :D (CMF), Guerreiro (LB), David Luiz (CB or DMF) and Iorfa (RB).

But 90+ team spirit teams at Super Star medium and higher I really get in trouble with even when play my strongest possible team.

You know what? It happed to me too.
In fact, just a month ago I started a new Master League. That's how good I was feeling. But the ML code brought back some bad memories. So I started a League Mode instead and it has been good. I played a full season and then I sstopped because it lacks the "depth" (if you can call it that) of a Master League. It gets old rather quickly.

If gameplay was alright for a whole season that's surprisingly long, so maybe something has changed for ML.

In regular leagues it will be back to the 'WEFA' tournaments I bet mate :RSCARF:

Attachments

• IMG_20180806_133629a.jpg
    IMG_20180806_133629a.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Hey guys could anyone tell me if hole player activates on AM players or if it's an SS playstyle?

Edit/ While here may as well ask people experienced in ML whether you should play a 69 rated player who's good or not so good 61 rated because he got a leadership trait?

Last edited:
Hey guys could anyone tell me if hole player activates on AM players or if it's an SS playstyle?

Edit/ While here may as well ask people experienced in ML whether you should play a 69 rated player who's good or not so good 61 rated because he got a leadership trait?
I have not checked the captaincy traits but for sure make captain a player with teamrole of "playmaker" or "smartplayer".It boosts the teamspirit from 10~20 points.Although this shoulf work also for captaincy but it doesn't .
The hole player applies for midfield position.If you go to formation screen and push Δ, after his stats page there is the page with his position and the playing style.You can see the positions for every rstyle and if it applies it is displayed with opaque letters,if it is not it has trasculent letters.Or you can check here

http://pes-news.com/playing-styles/

I have not checked the captaincy traits but for sure make captain a player with teamrole of "playmaker" or "smartplayer".It boosts the teamspirit from 10~20 points.Although this shoulf work also for captaincy but it doesn't .
The hole player applies for midfield position.If you go to formation screen and push Δ, after his stats page there is the page with his position and the playing style.You can see the positions for every rstyle and if it applies it is displayed with opaque letters,if it is not it has trasculent letters.Or you can check here

http://pes-news.com/playing-styles/

Ok cheers and thanks for the tips on team role things giving actual boosts to my team, thought they was just nicknames or something.

Yeah just don't do it :LOL: Just tried two games vs Super Star medium. Only just managed a 1-1 vs a 94 TS team with a whole bunch of default players. Still infuriating to see Pogba and N'Zonzi get bumped around by absolute no, no's.

Away game very hard fought 2-0 win vs 60 TS team that ranged from a few defaults up to top players. I think I've had my 2 games for the day :LOL:

Attached half time stats :LOL:

Ok thought it did but never know with Konami, cheers.

No worries. Hole player is for all midfield positions bar Dmf. Some will argue those players still show such traits in other positions too, but this is the official reading.

Attachments

• IMG_20180806_165841a.jpg
    IMG_20180806_165841a.jpg
    1,023.6 KB · Views: 13
Had the most marvelous couple of games with my brother last night. Our Liverpool was top in the CL group and up next were Benfica. A 2-0 loss away where nothing really worked, but we went into the next match hoping they wouldn't score as it would mean we'd need to score 4. We were playing my usual all attack strategy 3-5-2, with me controlling the attack levels. Obviously I had it up high for most of the game but at 70 minutes it was 1-1 and we seemed truly effed. I told him we would need to change something so I went into the game plan and set up my more traditional 4-3-3 strategy, which on paper looks more attacking than the 3-5-2 but is not my go-to panic strategy.
Almost instantly we had two goals in the bag, one of them an absolute cheeky bastard back heel from Firmino, would have looked out of place from any other player. Then with about 5 minutes left, Firmino received a pass on the right flank, I made a turn to beat a defender a few feet outside the corner of the box, and I kid you not, I saw the most desperate, flailing tackle I have ever seen from the AI, as the Benfica defender was not even close to getting the ball or Firmino, it was a beautiful sight and the panic was not unjustified, right after I crossed the ball and my brother was ready as Matip to head it over their keeper.
We both jumped up and did a little celebratory dance which thankfully no one else saw.
Next weekend it's the semis and hopefully the final, where we will bid farewell to CL PES.

I'm as much after a good online football game as the rest of you.

Sometimes you have to make good with what we have.

So what do we have this year :
- a lot of you posting seem to be manual players - that's good
- PES 2019 remarkably similar to PES 2018 which means PES 2018 could easily be continued another year
- I think PES 2019 will have default as PA1
-PES 2018 servers up for a good few months yet

I posted this idea back on pesfan at start of PES 2017 and 2018 but it got little attention - I'll try again :
- group of interested players form a "league"
- fresh PES 2018 account [see alternative idea below]
- FUMA controls
- MyClub matchmaking - arrange games on the forum
- Conditions : ZERO offline games to be registered on that account - it means GP/coins are only accrued through daily bonuses/online wins [having any offline games equates to disqualification]
- Matchmaking on FUMA with fellow players should be easy

This way ranking has some value as your group is a closed community. Keeping an eye on top ranked players here means you can have community cup weekends.

POSSIBLY A BETTER ALTERNATIVE TO THIS IDEA :
-Use your EXISTING PES 2018account but before the league starts your offline MyCLub record must be posted and must remain unchanged during the campaign (i.e. no more offline games to be played)
-with this idea you have already done the work of opening slots and acquiring players and now you have the joy of using them in a meaningful campaign

I really hoped an idea like this could gain momentum.

I know there are leagues like ProEvoNetwork but this can be as casual or as serious as anyone wishes and is not restricted to "must play x games per week"/"must have a mic" etc etc.

The evolution of PES has begun.

Calling all PES 2018 Year 2 MyClubbers with squads from the get-go, no form update scripting.

Make this happen folks.

Year 1 was pre-game (i.e. squad building/slot opening/manager accumulating).

The game has begun.

Hi. Can I get some advice please?

1) how do i set up a COM vs COM game. I just tried to do this on exhibition mode but in "select sides" i can only select either myself or the opponent side (no option to select middle).

2) when selecting sides if i press RB on the bottom it switches between "normal" and "role control" yet when i return to the gameplay game seems to play the same. anybody know the difference?

thanks

Hi. Can I get some advice please?

1) how do i set up a COM vs COM game. I just tried to do this on exhibition mode but in "select sides" i can only select either myself or the opponent side (no option to select middle).

2) when selecting sides if i press RB on the bottom it switches between "normal" and "role control" yet when i return to the gameplay game seems to play the same. anybody know the difference?

thanks
1.)I think you need to set it to "coach mode" somewhere in controller/team selection.
Can't remember the exact screen.

2.)In role control: you control either defense, midfield or attack.

1.)I think you need to set it to "coach mode" somewhere in controller/team selection.
Can't remember the exact screen.

2.)In role control: you control either defense, midfield or attack.

aha - thank you! (coach mode is triangle on the pre-match screen)

love this site!!! really helpful and fast response :APPLAUD:

Im acctually enjoying this game a lot right now.
Since playing Pes 13 and a bit of 19 my approach is different than before.
More patience,less sprint button,more covering runs in defence and better advanced tactics makes Pes 18 quite good.
Didn't see that coming

Back
Top Bottom