PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Im acctually enjoying this game a lot right now.
Since playing Pes 13 and a bit of 19 my approach is different than before.
More patience,less sprint button,more covering runs in defence and better advanced tactics makes Pes 18 quite good.
Didn't see that coming

It took me a few months to get properly into PES2018 but I eventually came to the conclusion that it was the best football game I've played. It certainly has its problems and annoyances and I was hopeful that PES2019 would go some way to addressing them and improving the game further. Alas, it seems to have gone backwards. As things stand, PES2018 is definitely better than 2019.

It took me a few months to get properly into PES2018 but I eventually came to the conclusion that it was the best football game I've played. It certainly has its problems and annoyances and I was hopeful that PES2019 would go some way to addressing them and improving the game further. Alas, it seems to have gone backwards. As things stand, PES2018 is definitely better than 2019.
Totally agree mate.
The only thing is that 19s on the ball and looks are superb.
But as it stands now 18 is much better as a whole package.
Having loads of fun with my Milan save,which I didn't play between Dec- May,and just a few games since then,up until now.

A ML match from pes 2018 pc though, looks incredible, and goal variation and goal mouth scrambles...i would love to continue ML in this game with napoli, here was my latest match

A ML match from pes 2018 pc though, looks incredible, and goal variation and goal mouth scrambles...i would love to continue ML in this game with napoli, here was my latest match
Looks really good mate.
It's a good and varied gameplay,having a great time to.
Ps I always buy Insigne on my Milan ML.
Keep it up,might post some stuff later to.

guys can anyone help me with dp file list generating, i got a kitpack.cpk but when i load it on the dp file generator, i can t play anymore, it says different content, cannot load ur ML, why PES like this, it s unacceptable to have a champions league game : Napoli Vs North london, i mean seriously konami......?? and modding the friggin thing is gonna cause issues that i can t stand ....

After been playing PES 2019 DEMO for a good time I decided to try 2018 once. I was thinking that PES 2018 was going to feel very inferior game and for my surprise, this game is much more fun than PES 2019. Despite the lob spamming and all other flaws, CPU tries to score in other ways at least. I lost, 2-0. PES 2019 is souless comparing to this. I was playing with Leverkusen, manual shot, Superstar, Speed 0. Does anyone nows where I can find the best latest OF for this game?

Last edited:
After been playing PES 2019 DEMO for a good time I decided to try 2018 once. I was thinking that PES 2018 was going to feel very inferior game and for my surprise, this game is much more fun than PES 2019. Despite the lob spamming and all other flaws, CPU tries to score in other ways at least. I lost, 2-0. PES 2019 is souless comparing to this. I was playing with Leverkusen, manual shot, Superstar, Speed 0. Does anyone nows where I can find the best latest OF for this game?

I’m also playing Pes 18,having a master league going,and if you play smart Defense,chipped balls isn’t much of a problem.
I see one-two each game maybe.
Great fun

I hate the lofted through ball in pes 18,it gets so repetitive especially on top player, and that lofted pass and first time shot in right hand corner is just pissing me off

so followed the advice of someone above and tried regular, what is that all about? It doesn't attack down the wing, it just doesn't attack or tackle or much else

for hardcore pes fans you guys are seriously sleeping on what PES 18 has to offer right now. smh.

i'm going to start using this thread for matchmaking purposes to defeat this "unable to find opponent" problem that has killed the online game for me since PES19 arrived.

watch how i show you that PES 18 is/was the real deal and 19 was always fake news.

Last edited:
the good thing about PES as a game, is the passing, the way you build up, but when u come close to goal, everything starts to fall flat because of the darn design issues on this engine they are using, the other game will never come close to how pes feels when u start passing the ball around, but on superstar difficulty its just not realistic how the AI plays, every team become a barcelona, i just wish they would some day, some day, fix this AI to make it more down to earth, i guess the older games had a much better way of representing superstar difficulty, especially since PES 2017, you would never feel that when u are 1 on 1 with the keeper that u can round him and score, this is just jarring, to say the least, football, when u are 1 on 1 you need to feel that the keeper can come out and that you can round him and score.

Sampdoria at home,after a loss Vs Sassuolo,a game the Berardi killed my wingers for 90 Min.

This game was splendid,Quagliarella was on fire for Sampdoria.
Scored 1-0 early on,but then Quagliarella started to terrorise me.
Sampdoria held a 2-1 lead until the 80th minute when Kalinic headed a very strange goal,and on the very last kick of the game Kalinic got the winner.
I'm exhausted when playing a few games a night.
Keeping a good defensive line,tracking runs,not bait on their 1-2 passes etc.
Really having fun

Today I won 2 consecutive penalty kick in two games one in each game.It was a shock for me as I have forget if I left the counter in 3 or 4 in 700 matches.So now I am about 5 penalties in ~1000 matches.Despite they were consecutive it doesn’t have to do with fixes or so,it was just a coincidence.The sad fact is I forgot both times to record the video from both games highlights :(
I am so SWAG that although i win 1 penalty every 200 matches I execute them with chip/lobbed shot L1+[] in the high corners. !!!! :P :P
What I saw for sure is that all five of them were fouls of the opponent GK to my attacking player after he went out to clear my dribbling or my pass and I changed direction or tried to pass in the last second resulting the gk pushing down my player.Still after 1000 games I have never won a penalty from an opponent defender despite the hard marking and tackles I receive:(

ended up buying pes 18 for 10 bux, when i bought it previously when it first came out only played it for a few weeks then traded it, but playing it now all patched up i find it a massive upgrade compared to pes 19, i mean iv got 2nd divisions, champions and europa league and an AI that works well enough for me to play, its giving me a good footy fix atm

Any way to cut out the AI one on ones? It's literally the only type of goal I concede. Tried moving my defensive line to minimum and compactness to maximum. The striker still finds a way to get behind four defenders and get one on one with the keeper. every single game.

Always the same finish as well. so boring.

Any way to cut out the AI one on ones? It's literally the only type of goal I concede. Tried moving my defensive line to minimum and compactness to maximum. The striker still finds a way to get behind four defenders and get one on one with the keeper. every single game.

Always the same finish as well. so boring.
As I play it now more than a year the only solution I use is to try be focused “like a Jedi “ and do one of the two above.Either take the control of defender to cover lanes too early ,or keep the cursor to midfielder,push [] at the right timing and pray for the AI to not miss the defending path.If you try to switch cursor at any other timing you are lost your player will make 2-3 steps and completely miss the momentum to defend.
Seriously until now I find 2019 very unfinished compared to 2018.But the only flaw of the 2018 in which part 2019 is far superior as it was 2017,is defending and player positioning.For some reason you AI control teammates are moving all the time forward and back like electrons for not any logical reason creating paths for the cpu to go head-to-head.
P.S.: I cannot understand why everybody finds 2019 player control and movement better than 2018 and more free.I find 19 very limited to movement with left stick only,or. LS+R1,orLS+R2 to moving always only towards the opponent goalpost or shielding back.In 2018 I feel much more free controlling my players movement with all the above combinations either walking or running/jogging/shielding or changing the pace tempo at any given direction I will inside the field.

Last edited:
As I play it now more than a year the only solution I use is to try be focused “like a Jedi “ and do one of the two above.Either take the control of defender to cover lanes too early ,or keep the cursor to midfielder,push [] at the right timing and pray for the AI to not miss the defending path.If you try to switch cursor at any other timing you are lost your player will make 2-3 steps and completely miss the momentum to defend.
Seriously until now I find 2019 very unfinished compared to 2018.But the only flaw of the 2018 in which part 2019 is far superior as it was 2017,is defending and player positioning.For some reason you AI control teammates are moving all the time forward and back like electrons for not any logical reason creating paths for the cpu to go head-to-head.
P.S.: I cannot understand why everybody finds 2019 player control and movement better than 2018 and more free.I find 19 very limited to movement with left stick only,or. LS+R1,orLS+R2 to moving always only towards the opponent goalpost or shielding back.In 2018 I feel much more free controlling my players movement with all the above combinations either walking or running/jogging/shielding or changing the pace tempo at any given direction I will inside the field.
I don t think this is a good solution to programmed game to behave like this for the ai attacks,it s just not a solution, the whole coding has to change im afraid

I don t think this is a good solution to programmed game to behave like this for the ai attacks,it s just not a solution, the whole coding has to change im afraid
Yes my friend you are true ,but we must accept the reality as it is in this case,I mean PES2018.
We can’t expect anything from a game that its production and support cycle is closed.So the code will never change again.It will be in its current state for ever.

Guys. I am pleased with FIFA 19 broadcast cam.

So I started up PES 2018 and tried live broadcast - its a bit too zoomed in for me - plus the zoom in on the player when the ball is in play on the wings is irritating. Any ideas on how I can replicate FIFA 19's broadcast cam on PES 18.

I have a PC, Xbox 360 and PS4 copy of PES2018. thanks

update : just tried Live Broadcast on PES 2016 and 17. Both are good. Its a shame I didn't explore this earlier - was too preoccupied with Black balls. That said, I think you have to "master" normal cam before you can enjoy Broadcast cam

update 2 : just got the "win first exhibition game in exhibition mode" for pes 2016. wtf?! I must have been HOOKED on myclub. lol

Last edited:
I'll be back to write more about this but...

Having fired up the pes lite 2018 (i stopped playing pes 2018 around january) I was shocked by how much fun it is , how free it is compared to pes 2019. How many more possibilities there are in 18, how I prefer pitch tones although is more detail in 19.

In fact I'm overall shocked by how dull and rigid and constrained 19 feels in comparison to this fully patched 18.

Yes the feel is a bit better on 19 but it's heaviness appears to be at the cost of fluidity and freedom. 18 is so much more dynamic, the game pulses with tempo whereas 19 just plods.
And I prefer the smaller pitch and more compressed game of 18.

In many ways the full patch 18 reminds of fifa 19 on broadcast cam, in feel and in how the overall game progresses through the pitch.

And I prefer the smaller pitch and more compressed game of 18.

If there's one memory stained in my brain about PES 2018 is exactly the opposite to that.
More compressed? There was space all over the pitch in PES 2018 which was one of the biggest annoyances.

If there's one memory stained in my brain about PES 2018 is exactly the opposite to that.
More compressed? There was space all over the pitch in PES 2018 which was one of the biggest annoyances.

Relative to pes 19 it is because the midfield tends to hold its position higher rather than collapsing into the defence as it does in pes 19. So although 19 defences can be harder to break down with its cheap runner band brick wall defences, each phase of an attack in 18 can feel more compressed as teams spread themselves throughout the pitch better.
Also I've used klashman tactics on some teams which helps...

aha - thank you! (coach mode is triangle on the pre-match screen)

love this site!!! really helpful and fast response :APPLAUD:

Pesfan was better but Wayne and Big Papi hacked it and destroyed it.

On a side note, i'm really enjoying PES 2018. 2 year game is the way, like you always said.

Started playing pes 18 on PS4 for first time time today and it's actually pretty decent, doing that international tournament thing in myclub with my strip set to Scotland ofc and having a blast.

Getting pumped half my games vs superstar squads but holding my own the others, hardly a bit of lag or cheats which is strange on PS PES, it was the most the most toxic environment ever last year and before but with all these casuals who don't believe they should win every game and play it for what it is, a cpu game, it's a lot of fun.

Where is Rabc??????

Back
Top Bottom