PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PC)

Does anyone know if anyone has brought out something that stops opposition forwards tightly marking your defenders on goal kicks? It's crazy and done with such angression you are forced to do goal kicks rather than play the ball out of the defeence

I’ve noticed that in those situations there is generally an unmarked player a bit further down the field standing at the sidelines (you have to check the radar). You can use L1 and right stick to select that player and have the goalie kick it directly to him.

Has anyone seen snow in a game ? I see it in the Stadium intro and cut scenes but not in game , I used all the default camera, nothing, well something that looks like a shimmer and now and again very very tiny slivers of something but basically no snow - 1080 card with 11 Gb on it

Got an answer from CelticFC SLO when I added him and the club into my tweets to Konami

1. Maybe Celtic can get a answer from them, because they never answer their paying customers come @celticfcslo on get an answer for the fans when are they adding Celtic Park and not the usual in a DLC we have been waiting coming up for 5 months

2 replies0 retweets0 likes
Celtic FC SLO‏ @CelticFCSLO
Replying to @mefw4 @officialpes @CelticFC
They’ve all been done so I expect it’ll be very soon, they look brilliant

What is the most sure-fire way to avoid this update from happening? I'm on PES Galaxy with Evoswitcher and I don't want anything new ruining my seasons.

Did Lustig just do a sort of crocodile (like Brozovic vs. Barca)? :LOL:

Or does this happen all the time in this game and I'm only noticing now?

Last edited:
Does anyone have since the Date Pack 3.0. some issues with stuttering? I don't know if this problem is because of Date Pack 3.0 or with the new Windows 10 Update (1809). I have installed Data Pack 3.0 and the new Windows 10 Version at the same time, so i don't know whats the problem is. Before the updates, everything was running smooth, so my pc is not the problem (especially i have the RTX2080, Ryzen 7 2700X and a 256GB SSD...)

What is the most sure-fire way to avoid this update from happening? I'm on PES Galaxy with Evoswitcher and I don't want anything new ruining my seasons.

I'd say go to the settings and in the online tab set your port to 0 and uncheck the 'Automatic' checkbox.

I mean the settings.exe (the one you open before starting the game for the first time) not the settings in the game

Does anyone have since the Date Pack 3.0. some issues with stuttering? I don't know if this problem is because of Date Pack 3.0 or with the new Windows 10 Update (1809). I have installed Data Pack 3.0 and the new Windows 10 Version at the same time, so i don't know whats the problem is. Before the updates, everything was running smooth, so my pc is not the problem (especially i have the RTX2080, Ryzen 7 2700X and a 256GB SSD...)
In my experience stuttering is often windows related. Windows Updates have caused performance issues for PES gamers in recent years.

I'd say go to the settings and in the online tab set your port to 0 and uncheck the 'Automatic' checkbox.
I mean the settings.exe (the one you open before starting the game for the first time) not the settings in the game
Ok, thank you. And once it's been updated, is there any way to go back?

Difficult, I’d say. There is Evoswitcher 3.0 out which is supposedly compatible with DLC3, but I found the camera and speed settings don’t work.
I happened to have had a PTE install saved from the last update. I created a copy, uninstalled PTE, and copied over all the PES Galaxy content. Just have to see if that works.
UPDATE: Didn't work. I guess there's more to the Galaxy install than copying things into the right folders. I guess I have to wait for the Galaxy guys to update their mod and see if it brings my seasons back.

Last edited:
Getting bored of MyClub I started yesterday playing in Online Divisions with 0 pass assistance and advanced shooting - I must say, wow! Totally different experience and never felt like i had so much control over players movements and direction of the ball.

Is there a group of players who play on manual? Looking for some challenges against 0 assistance passers.

Thanks.

After a bunch of games I must say I genuinely hate the newest patch. They've made the AI (even) more aggressive and increased the speed so that everything feels too fast on 0 and too sluggish on -1. The keepers now catch bullets like it's no deal and I am hitting the crossbar in every match.

Does anyone know how could revert to the 2nd patch on Steam?

After a bunch of games I must say I genuinely hate the newest patch. They've made the AI (even) more aggressive and increased the speed so that everything feels too fast on 0 and too sluggish on -1. The keepers now catch bullets like it's no deal and I am hitting the crossbar in every match.

Not possible. This is why I keep a clean install of each version until I find one I'm happy with. However, that is admittedly easy for me because I don't play online at all.

Sure @bromi can help you mate. He hates 1.03 patch too!

Sure @bromi can help you mate. He hates 1.03 patch too!

Thanks incas. I'll ask him. Have you found a dt18 that goes well with the new update? I've used an Editor to lower most player stats globally by 10-20 points but it's just the damn Team Spirit in ML which ruins everything. I am playing with Newcastle's original lineup and I don't understand why they start with a TS of 58 and why Konami thinks this is motivating anyone to play more.

If someone could just disable this godforsaken "feature", we'd probably have a decent game.

Thanks incas. I'll ask him. Have you found a dt18 that goes well with the new update? I've used an Editor to lower most player stats globally by 10-20 points but it's just the damn Team Spirit in ML which ruins everything. I am playing with Newcastle's original lineup and I don't understand why they start with a TS of 58 and why Konami thinks this is motivating anyone to play more.

If someone could just disable this godforsaken "feature", we'd probably have a decent game.
Agree for TS! As for player stats you can see here https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/gameplay-patch-through-edited-database.79536/

I have been having a blast with Incas' modded dts for a while now (Thank you for your amazing work! Much appreciated btw)

But I wanted to test out the new Konami update, so I did a clean installation after DP 3.0 was released, and after the new update, I have to say well done Konami, they took massive steps in the right direction.

The changes can be subtle at first, and you can miss them, but after playing lots of matches they become evident.

Here's what has changed after the new update:
Difficulty: Legend/Superstar (Legend for all matches, Superstar for derby matches)
Mode: Master League/Exhibitions

1- Players Take longer time to start moving and generating momentum with the ball.
Players feel like they have more weight, they take that extra amount of time to generate momentum or start moving from stand still, which gives a lot of emphasis to the explosive power stat. (Explosive power makes player generate momentum and make sudden change in direction quicker).

2- Players can't control the ball as easily as before and make bad first touch.
Play a strong pass or lofted pass to a player and they will struggle to control it sometimes, again this makes the ball control stat very important, the higher ball control stat a player has, the better he will be able to control the ball when he receive it and the better his first touch will be to keep the ball close to him.

Those 2 changes apply for both AI and the player(second clip the AI took a bad first touch, and failed to control the ball and couldn't start moving in time before my defender got to him), I like these changes a lot, they force gameplay to be slower, you have to be conscious about your first touch now, and ball control, explosive power stat have even more value now.

3- The AI makes pass errors and give the ball away, A LOT!
This one surprised me in a delightful way, AI on superstar or legend never made mistakes before, but now they make a lot of stray passes.

When was the last time you saw AI on superstar make not one but two stray passes in a row? Mind you this was even a derby match between Aston Villa and Birmingham, and we all know AI on superstar in derby matches receive stat boost.

4- AI players will make quick first touch passes!
Huge change, AI will surprise you now if your defense is out of shape, they used to hog the ball before to try to force play into the wings.

5- AI is attacking down the middle now, not just on the flanks.
This again has a huge impact on the game now, AI will attack in the middle now if they see a chance, also sometimes if you defend well on the flanks they will cycle the ball back to the middle whereas before they will insist on the flank route and try to do the usual lofted pass to bypass your defenders/fullbacks.
Point 3 and 4 work really well in combination, the AI can blow your defense out of the water and surprise you if you're caught sleeping.

This was a beautiful build up play from the back by the AI, quick passes, attack down the middle, they never did this before, I wasn't even gonna get angry if this was a goal :D

6- AI now make high crosses in combination with low crosses.
In fact, I'd say that high crosses is more dangerous now than low crosses, AI is very strong in the headers, I can defend low crosses with good positioning using super cancel.

7- AI will shoot more from outside the penalty/18 yard box.

8- AI will noticeably miss their shots now.
Not every shot from AI on Legend/superstar now is a goal in the top corner, they miss some, even 1 on 1 chances , still they have a fairly high shooting accuracy, but that is quite fine, after all that difficulty is called legend/superstar for a reason!

I thought they scored from the first shot, and when they missed, I thought for sure the second shot was a goal, again never before did the AI miss these kind of shots.

9- More fouls are called and more yellow cards by the referee now.
Still no red cards straight away, but the game feels more physical, and the referee gives more yellow cards now, sometimes yellow cards are given for standing tackles not just sliding, never happened before for me with Konami's original dt.

10- Stamina and desperation
Stamina has bigger impact now near the end of the game, for both player and AI, also if you are leading the AI by 1 or 2 goals, by minute 70-75, the AI will switch tactics/formation to attack more, they used to do this also before the update, but now they get even more desperate committing a lot of men forward, and using instructions like attacking full backs and switch to high defense line, you can literally score 3-4 goals in the last 10 minutes of the game if you can defend and absorb their pressure while launching quick counter attacks to exploit the space they leave in the back.

For me personally, I like all the changes made by Konami, The AI is much much less predictable now, they can surprise you with quick passes and break down your defense in the middle, they makes human errors, it is outrageous that Konami took all this time to implement these changes, they should have hired Incas from the beginning and saved themselves all that time :D

Keep in mind that a lot of things can influence your experience of the gameplay that has nothing to do with the exe or the dt18, for example if you play against a team like Liverpool, they will press you really hard even in your own half, and use attacking fullbacks in their attacks, but if you can get past the gegenpress, you will find huge spaces left in their defense to exploit and the pressing will drain their stamina and make them vulnerable near the end even more, whereas if you play for example against Juventus, who arguably have the best defense in the game, you'll find that they are very compact in the defense, and the gameplay will feel completely different.

I think the best combination for gameplay now is either Konami exe + Incas' bravo dt or with Konami dt18, the difference is that, with Incas' bravo dt the game has more physicality and the AI slightly makes more errors. (I haven't tested the new delta dt yet, saw it just before making this post)

This. Played yesterday with the new patch, default exe and dt, and am very happy to agree with evaluation above. Great to see gameplay stepping up from the previous exe, which felt shallow very quickly (made me stop playing PES 2019 in fact).

My settings:

20 mins, full manual, EvoSwitcher with game speed, PTE Patch, inca´s dt Bravo.
Playing ML in premier league on regular and this game feels awesome!
Played a match against Westham which I could win, even they tried to score...but my defense was good.
Won 1:0.

Then the next match against Liverpool, I got hammered 1:3.
It seems like strong teams are harder and weaker teams are more easy.
I hope it´s not coincidence, because that was a big turn off in PES ML´s...when low teams play like Barca and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom