PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PC)

When Konami updates the game and you start it for the first time youe EDIT0000000 is not overwritten but it becomes BEDIT000000 and your ML file is the ML00000000. So @koningfrikandel try this:
1 - delete your EDIT00000
2 - look for BEDIT00000 in save folder of the game and rename it EDIT000000 (you should find ML000000 too)
3 - start dpfilelist generator and restore your dpfilelist.bin or rebuild it flagging your cpk file as you have before the latest update
4 - BE CAREFUL to UNFLAG dt80_301E_x64 and regenerate
5 - avoid absolutely LiveUpdate
6 - in SYSTEM00000 the game memorize your setup informations (sound levels, camera settings, video settings) so you have to reinsert them again.

When Konami updates the game and you start it for the first time youe EDIT0000000 is not overwritten but it becomes BEDIT000000 and your ML file is the ML00000000. So @koningfrikandel try this:
1 - delete your EDIT00000
2 - look for BEDIT00000 in save folder of the game and rename it EDIT000000 (you should find ML000000 too)
3 - start dpfilelist generator and restore your dpfilelist.bin or rebuild it flagging your cpk file as you have before the latest update
4 - BE CAREFUL to UNFLAG dt80_301E_x64 and regenerate
6 - in SYSTEM00000 the game memorize your setup informations (sound levels, camera settings, video settings) so you have to reinsert them again.
Incas thank you mate. I will try this later on. As it is I'm fed up for now with the game and I actually have been before the patch mess up. I'm using icritmypants btw (option file not a patch) even all this messing around weren't there im finding fifa but pes as well quite lacklustre and mediocre. Both were really solid from the beginning(pes after the first patch) but as always all goodness has been patched to make it a generic blur for the online crowd. I guess I am more than slightly annoyed by this as we could've had two absolutely amazing games. The realization that the tools are there but not utilized fully deliberately is quite disheartening to me. So, a break is in order.

But you see, how exactly do you avoid the game from updating every time? Steam wants to update the game no matter what! What are you supposed to do?

Also, when I did those steps, it caused the game to tell me my save data was corrupted. So, that didn't work for me.

Last edited:
Every game can be set-up in Steam not to update automatically. Directly in Steam client, check the game properties via right click

Set PES auto-update to Off and it won't update until You give the command manually. At least it gives you the time to backup your stuff.

Every game can be set-up in Steam not to update automatically. Directly in Steam client, check the game properties via right click

Set PES auto-update to Off and it won't update until You give the command manually. At least it gives you the time to backup your stuff.
I have never been able to find that. Simply isn't there for me. Only thing I can do is that it doesn't auto update while steam is active. As soon as steam boots it'll update no matter what. Googled it and there used to be a solution but not anymore.
Do you perhaps have a screenshot?? I have problems with this with other games (mainly Bethesda games) as well.

"only update this game when I launch it"
1Pydw6w.png

Since I always start Steam client first, it gives me all the time I need to see if any game with deferred updates (setting from the above screen) needs an update or not.

"only update this game when I launch it"
Since I always start Steam client first, it gives me all the time I need to see if any game with deferred updates (setting from the above screen) needs an update or not.

@koningfrikandel is right, you can't stop Steam from updating. 'Only update when I launch it' means, "as opposed to in the background when the update is released". According to many sources online, blocking Konami/Steam updates isn't possible. Only the in game live update can get blocked.

Last edited:
Oh, ok, well I have a backup and it isn't working plugging it back in. I get told my save is corrupted.
That's because you had already started the game with the new Data Pack. You need to insert the backup before starting the game for the first time after the update.

Guys, is there a general practice for stopping PES from updating? Or do we have to deal with a week of not playing PES after each data pack and waiting for patches to catch up with the updates?

It's so silly that all of a sudden we lose all team names, jerseys and more and would be nice to just stick to a working version of PES until patches update.

How do you all deal with this?

Guys, is there a general practice for stopping PES from updating?...How do you all deal with this?
Still trying to understand exactly what it is that causes the problems. But I think primarily it's that the .exe changes and that a new CPK is added. Can anyone confirm that? But also, what I don't get is why the save data matters in all this and why we can't, in the end, just stay on a previous version of the game or recreate the conditions of the previous version. In short, I have no clue why this happens and I can't get one definitive answer from the community.

DpFileList.bin is replaced including the new data pack with a new internal database, and this makes your system and edit data being updated when you start the game for the first time after the patch.

DpFileList.bin is replaced including the new data pack with a new internal database, and this makes your system and edit data being updated when you start the game for the first time after the patch.
To allow my soundtracks to work correctly after DLC3.01 I was able to remove all music files from dt80_301E_x64.cpk without any knowingly lasting affects.

In theory wouldn't we able to remove any database files (team.bin, etc) from DLC4's dt80_400E_x64.cpk when it is released. This would mean patches wouldn't lose anything as there are no database changes being performed? The game would still think its up to date but datawise, its still fine.

Or is this a thought process that we really shouldn't be considering?

To allow my soundtracks to work correctly after DLC3.01 I was able to remove all music files from dt80_301E_x64.cpk without any knowingly lasting affects.

In theory wouldn't we able to remove any database files (team.bin, etc) from DLC4's dt80_400E_x64.cpk when it is released. This would mean patches wouldn't lose anything as there are no database changes being performed? The game would still think its up to date but datawise, its still fine.

Or is this a thought process that we really shouldn't be considering?
Well, it would work, but it's pretty pointless since it's much easier to simply remove the new data pack from DpFileList.bin.

So if you have your previous dpfilelist.bin, remove the last cpk, and have a backup of the folder containing the system and edit files, you should be able to run the game as though the update never happened, right?

Well, it would work, but it's pretty pointless since it's much easier to simply remove the new data pack from DpFileList.bin.
What about playing online? if you didn't add the entry then the game would consider you to not be up to date thus would block playing online wouldn't it? I personally don't play online but just thinking about those that do.

So if you have your previous dpfilelist.bin, remove the last cpk, and have a backup of the folder containing the system and edit files, you should be able to run the game as though the update never happened, right?
Yes, that's correct.

What about playing online? if you didn't add the entry then the game would consider you to not be up to date thus would block playing online wouldn't it? I personally don't play online but just thinking about those that do.
You need the newest database to be able to play online, so there's no way around inserting the new data pack for online players.

Yes, that's correct.
Ok, so that's what I need to do the moment that update comes out tomorrow.

So, why is it then, that when an update is released that breaks the patch you use, the patch maker can then release an update that makes everything in your leagues fine again? Do they do something to the game files?

On a similar note, when you play offline leagues with a patch and an update happens, shouldn't that save be ok and unharmed because it's already a save in progress and not affected by changes to teams, players, etc in the rest of the game?

Is anyone experiencing the problem that I am facing now after the Data Pack 4.0 update?
I am unable to access the features of Evoswitcher. No automatic scoreboard changes, stadium server is also not working.

Can anyone confirm that the 301.cpk has been removed on their setup? It’s not there on mine since 400.cpk has downloaded. So there is no soundtrack issues anymore.

So, why is it then, that when an update is released that breaks the patch you use, the patch maker can then release an update that makes everything in your leagues fine again? Do they do something to the game files?
They need to insert their changes into the new databases to make everything work again.

Is any1 else getting lag since update, when playing left to right, if i dummy cross down by the corner flag on the left wing I get brutal lag every time, never happened b4

They need to insert their changes into the new databases to make everything work again.
Sorry, another question (because I'm trying to learn...), inserting their changes means all the name edits and logos and so on right? Is that done via the import/export function in the game or can this also be done by backing up game files before another update happens? What files hold those team changes because I imagine the importing of so many leagues with the in-game function is probably very cumbersome.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry, another question (because I'm trying to learn...), inserting their changes means all the name edits and logos and so on right? Is that done via the import/export function in the game or can this also be done by backing up game files before another update happens? What files hold those team changes because I imagine the importing of so many leagues with the in-game function is probably very cumbersome.

Thanks!
They are using editors like this one to edit the internal database: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/pc-dinotem-editor-19-version-1-6-0-0.79153/

Back
Top Bottom