PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PC)

To spare myself from writing it all over again, this is what I tweeted yesterday right after PTE announced their ceasing.
This was my rant dedicated to Adam and Officialpes which they will a)Never read and b)Never care about.

View attachment 11589

View attachment 11590
tenor.gif

Truly brilliant.

Never give up, man.

I mean, I have, and then I un-gave up, and now I'm giving up again, but YOU - don't you give up. Otherwise PES will never evolve.
I like that. Un-gave up. So did i. The infuriating thing is that a very good game is staring us in the face and Konami WILLFULLY reduced it to the pile of dog shit it is now. IMO it would suffice to just bring it back to post-low cross patch and pre-december patch..

THAT version of pes 2019 had, to varying degrees : wonderful game speed, fouls, individuality in teams and players, stamina having an actual impact on gameplay, and the trademark pes feel on the ball.

Now it's just pes 2018 with some sheen to it. For console users it's even worse as they cannot play in the Europa and/or champions league with all the bells and whistles. At least pc users still have it. I absolutely despise pes 2018 and any game being similar to it is bad news.

Sorry guys, not feeling it. Yes it’s bad that PTE have dropped out but using it to criticise the gameplay of all things, is not the right way to tell Konami.

All of that screenshot is essentially a moan to Konami telling them how poor the whole product is, to fix it and THEN to provide external tools.

Based on that screenshot I immediately get the opinion of if you hate the game so much, why are you playing it?

I personally love the game, love the gameplay and love the available options. Yes things can be improved upon and wish the game had features it currently doesn’t but I’m not judging the game to unexpected heights. A game will never compare to reality but it certainly does it better than the only other game we can choose out of.

The message to Konami should have been focused to explain the pain that data editors are experiencing and how Konami can help develop their game to be more data friendly and to consider how the data editors can work with updates. External tools a bonus.

I personally spend my time modding the game because the game is worth the effort. If it played poorly I wouldn’t bother, it’s as simple as that. To me it is the best game available right now and dread the day that FIFA is the only option because that game just isn’t football.

Sorry for going against general consensus guys!

Who cares about PTE and Galaxy? We have great GFX, Stadiums, Evoswitcher, Adboards, Music/ Chants patches here in our comunity...

Sorry guys, not feeling it. Yes it’s bad that PTE have dropped out but using it to criticise the gameplay of all things, is not the right way to tell Konami.

All of that screenshot is essentially a moan to Konami telling them how poor the whole product is, to fix it and THEN to provide external tools.

Based on that screenshot I immediately get the opinion of if you hate the game so much, why are you playing it?

I personally love the game, love the gameplay and love the available options. Yes things can be improved upon and wish the game had features it currently doesn’t but I’m not judging the game to unexpected heights. A game will never compare to reality but it certainly does it better than the only other game we can choose out of.

The message to Konami should have been focused to explain the pain that data editors are experiencing and how Konami can help develop their game to be more data friendly and to consider how the data editors can work with updates. External tools a bonus.

I personally spend my time modding the game because the game is worth the effort. If it played poorly I wouldn’t bother, it’s as simple as that. To me it is the best game available right now and dread the day that FIFA is the only option because that game just isn’t football.

Sorry for going against general consensus guys!

I play it because I love football.
I have both games. I always have. But that doesn't mean either one of them is good enough.
The difference is, FIFA can mask a lot of flaws with all the licenses and broadcasting packages and game modes.
PES don't give you neither. Poor licenses (and the ones they do have are as poor as the unlicensed ones). Awful game modes. No broadcasting packages at all. But they could at least keep their game interesting if they empathised with their community beyond just words.

I didn't use it as an excuse. The fact is that a lot of modders lose interest because of the reasons I explained. And modders are the soul of PES (on PC).

I play it because I love football.
I have both games. I always have. But that doesn't mean either one of them is good enough.
The difference is, FIFA can mask a lot of flaws with all the licenses and broadcasting packages and game modes.
PES don't give you neither. Poor licenses (and the ones they do have are as poor as the unlicensed ones). Awful game modes. No broadcasting packages at all. But they could at least keep their game interesting if they empathised with their community beyond just words.

I didn't use it as an excuse. The fact is that a lot of modders lose interest because of the reasons I explained. And modders are the soul of PES (on PC).
But that’s the thing, the criticising of the game for being what it is. You know it hasn’t got licenses/broadcast packages then criticise it for not having them. What should be pointed out to Konami is why don’t they purchase a tv broadcast. License BBC, SKY, BT, Bein, etc for their broadcast. That would immediately attract people. I’m amazed Konami have never ever done it, it would make perfect sense as they can’t get league licenses. Buy each country’s tv broadcast for each league. It would mean more to me as an English person to watch a Sky broadcasted match than a Premier League broadcaster match if you know what I mean.

Plus how can you say a license is as good as unlicensed. Any license however small is a bonus to nothing. Any that is low opinion to you will mean the world to someone else.

Plus what other game modes would you like in a football game. Any mode that simulates a league over multiple seasons allowing player purchases is more than what’s ever needed isn’t it. That was the only mode of choice for SWOS (yes I’m old) and that one game lasted a long long time. If it offered two player co op in player manager mode I would still be playing it now.

Sorry Chuny, my quick comment went ranty. Plus I’m taking this topic away from being pc discussion. I’ll shut up now.

But that’s the thing, the criticising of the game for being what it is. You know it hasn’t got licenses/broadcast packages then criticise it for not having them. What should be pointed out to Konami is why don’t they purchase a tv broadcast. License BBC, SKY, BT, Bein, etc for their broadcast. That would immediately attract people. I’m amazed Konami have never ever done it, it would make perfect sense as they can’t get league licenses. Buy each country’s tv broadcast for each league. It would mean more to me as an English person to watch a Sky broadcasted match than a Premier League broadcaster match if you know what I mean.

Plus how can you say a license is as good as unlicensed. Any license however small is a bonus to nothing. Any that is low opinion to you will mean the world to someone else.

Plus what other game modes would you like in a football game. Any mode that simulates a league over multiple seasons allowing player purchases is more than what’s ever needed isn’t it. That was the only mode of choice for SWOS (yes I’m old) and that one game lasted a long long time. If it offered two player co op in player manager mode I would still be playing it now.

Sorry Chuny, my quick comment went ranty. Plus I’m taking this topic away from being pc discussion. I’ll shut up now.

No, don't shut up. I don't mind being challenged.

And you are wrong, Preds. I didn't criticise the game for not having licenses while still buying them.
Please read my tweets again. I even made it clear
"Which is understandable and out of your hands"

upload_2019-2-12_17-16-1.png

I don't understand your thoughts process: You buy a product. Support it through the years. So you cannot complain about it?.
I think it's the exact opposite: As a fan of the saga. As someone who has worked hard over the years to try to improve it. As someone who spends money on it. I am entitled to complain and demand for more. Never settle for less.

We done seen tons of little features removed with no explanation or good reason at all from version to version. Big ones too. And I'm not even talking about ADDING new stuff or revolutionise the sports gaming industry, no. I'm talking about AT LEAST keeping what was already there.

So of course modders get tired. Year after year there's more and more work to be done because they do less and less and take away stuff we used to have. It's no wonder people leave. We've already seen how Jenkey, Yair, Kilay, the PES EDIT guys and many more leaving because of how they feel treated by Konami as customers.
Who knows maybe next year it'll be Juce or Nesa? And then what? We can kiss half of the modding scene goodbye. And hence, the PC version will slowly go with it.

Last edited:
Since one of the versions of PTE patch update in 2017 where I noticed large amount of duplicated players I started saving exes and extracting bits of new dlcs I wanted to add to the game. When I switched to SMOKE in 2018 same thing again, due to the huge size of that patch - just got one full SMOKE, since thier databse is unfaked and includes real id classic players. Save the exes, extract desired content from updates, keep it at whatever version suits you the best.

To spare myself from writing it all over again, this is what I tweeted yesterday right after PTE announced their ceasing.
This was my rant dedicated to Adam and Officialpes which they will a)Never read and b)Never care about.

View attachment 11589

View attachment 11590

Couldn't agree more. They are a disgrace and that includes Adam Goebbels the so called master of spin. As I said I stopped playing PES three years ago.

Time is the most important commodity we have as humans. Nothing is more precious. And no one in their right mind should be spending hours of that time to improve a dreadful product and get nothing for it in return apart from a few thanks from those decent enough to do so. While at the same time getting kicked in the teeth by the company and the people who serve as it's so called links to the community.

This community is on it's last legs and Konami can keep those enthralled in the pretend world of micro-transactions and so called cybersport and whose attention spans rival that of a goldfish. There are plenty of many more interesting things out there in the world to watch and visit or do in your spare time. A lovely fiancee, the great museums and galleries of the world. Orchestral concerts, astronomy, countless books and poetry to read, wildlife conservation which are far more deserving of my time than any tuppeny (theres a word that doesn't often pop up the modern lexicon) tripe of a game which has only survived so long thanks to those dedicated modders who freely gave so much of their sweat and toil for the rest of us. And don't forget despite the hyped up, money saturated spectacle that football has become you can still follow your own team(s) and pray in my case for some silverware. Even better just get out there and have a kickaround with your chums. Far healthier and more sociable than being stuck in front of a computer screen.

Maybe @predator002 meant that statement about "poor game, poor game modes" etc.
KONAMI could take it the way, that the whole game is crap and finally we can´t even edit the squads.
They might shut down without even thinking about what the core of the tweet is.
You know...just like it´s been done in the past, like "oh...a hater....block him!".

I think the tweet is good!
I would have wrote it a bit different, but it´s good to point out what´s wrong with their ideology.

I wish the whole game was utterly crap! I wish the gameplay was the worst football game I have ever seen and I wish it would leave me cold, so I could move on with the thought that there is no good football game out there.
But the problem is, that I actually have fun playing it, even there are so many things wrong around it.
And now the obstacles for editing...I just don´t get it.

KONAMI could take it the way, that the whole game is crap and finally we can´t even edit the squads.
You know...just like it´s been done in the past, like "oh...a hater....block him!".

I would have wrote it a bit different, but it´s good to point out what´s wrong with their ideology.

I wish the whole game was utterly crap! I wish the gameplay was the worst football game I have ever seen and I wish it would leave me cold, so I could move on with the thought that there is no good football game out there.
But the problem is, that I actually have fun playing it, even there are so many things wrong around it.
YES. I'm in the same boat. Theres a weird kind of pull that the game exerts even though I realize it is utterly subpar in certain key areas.

Well yeah. Knowing who we're dealing with, they most definitely must have skip my tweets right after the 4th word or so.
Mr I'm-not-on-the-defensive!-you-are!
aka Mr. If-you-are-not-a-PES-ass-kisser-then-you-will-be-blocked
aka Mr. I'm-terribly-depressed-so-I-only-need-people-that-cheer-me-up-and-tell-me-how-good-I-am.

Last edited:
Adam Goebbels

This is one of the most vile, disgusting and shameful things I've read on here in quite a while and it saddens me deeply to see that it was posted by someone who's been a very respected part of our community for so so so long. But I can't just let this pass like it's something we would tolerate. We don't. I don't. And I won't. And this has nothing to do with me being German or being part of one of millions of families who've been directly impacted by that pure spirit of evil. There's no excuse for brainfarts of this magnitude.

This is a ban. Maybe it will remind you in times you feel tempted to post anything remotely like this ever again. Just don't.

It's simple. Pes dev team don't listen
Yeah. If someone offered me a job at Konami that was related to PES, I wouldn't think twice, I'd be delighted to work on something I love. Until I realised that the job title was "Scapegoat" and that people would assume I do nothing, because there is a brick wall between the dev team and the rest of the world that nobody can break through. At which point I'd realise, in horror, the literally impossible situation I'd put myself in.

aka Mr. I'm-terribly-depressed-so-I-only-need-people-that-cheer-me-up-and-tell-me-how-good-I-am.

Not cool. Ever had the pleasure of dealing with depression yourself or of a loved one? It's a brave thing to be open about it and should earn the utmost respect instead of online abuse by someone who's mad about a football videogame. Come on, Chuny, you're better than this.

Yeah. If someone offered me a job at Konami that was related to PES, I wouldn't think twice, I'd be delighted to work on something I love. Until I realised that the job title was "Scapegoat" and that people would assume I do nothing, because there is a brick wall between the dev team and the rest of the world that nobody can break through. At which point I'd realise, in horror, the literally impossible situation I'd put myself in.

I tell You more. Bhatti made better job on WENB years ago than directly on KONAMI in Tokyo.

Not cool. Ever had the pleasure of dealing with depression yourself or of a loved one? It's a brave thing to be open about it and should earn the utmost respect instead of online abuse by someone who's mad about a football videogame. Come on, Chuny, you're better than this.

What I meant by that is that I don't even think he has to deal with depression.
I don't know the guy, but from what I've seen or read, or talked with people who do know him, he's kind of a drama queen online. But obviously, this job affected him. I wouldn't mock him if he was.

That's true. It would happen to all of us.
And probably none of us would quit.

what was that file update ? last night I logged into PES19 (PC) and there was an update . I have a fast PC with 200mb BB, but the file took as long as the Datapack 4, anyone know what it was , it could not just have been stat update for players

Back
Top Bottom