PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PC)

OK, tear apart my PC, clean it, I change even the CPU thermal paste with a high end one, but it's still happening.

well. i have one machine i did a clean install of windows on and reset. turned sli off the nvidia card. no probs with pes.

the other machine i have not reinstalled windows.i pes smooth few seconds hen stutter then smooth. i highly suspect there are some processes from other programs that causes the stutter.

so my only advice now is a clean install.

i've also thought about the amunt of time and money i've spent trying to get this game to work over the years. this year i can't be arsed.

What is VSR?

Virtual Super Resolution.

Super Sampling Anti-Aliasing (SSAA) is one of many methods of anti-aliasing to enable smoother textures and less jaggy polygons in games, but is not supported by all games and engines. Virtual Super Resolution (VSR) is an AMD feature that is game and engine agnostic to simulate SSAA in games that do not have native SSAA support. VSR can also be used in conjunction with other native in-game anti-aliasing for even more game graphics-setting control.

VSR allows games to render at higher resolutions (up to 4K; see the ‘Virtual Super Resolution Support’ table, below) and then rescales them down to a lower native display resolution. Using this, you can get quality that rivals up to 4K, even on a 1080p display while playing your favorite games.

One of the coolest aspects of this technology is that the performance is no different than if you were running on a normal 4K monitor. Virtually nothing is lost in the scaling of the image. You just end up with amazing visual quality on a 1080p monitor, with the same FPS you would achieve with a regular 4K monitor. See below for performance comparisons.

Supported Products
Available on the following products: Radeon RX Series, AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X GPU, AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series, AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series, AMD Radeon™ R7 260 and above GPUs, AMD Radeon™ HD 7900 Series, AMD Radeon™ HD 7800 Series, AMD Radeon™ HD 7790, and AMD A-Series APUs (A6 7400K and higher).

Virtual Super Resolution Support
TARGET DISPLAY TIMING SUPPORTED VSR MODES
1366 X 768 @ 60Hz 1600 X 900
1920 X 1080
1600 X 900 @ 60Hz 1920 X 1080
1920 X 1080 @ 60Hz 2560 X 1440
3200 X 1800
3840 X 2160 (AMD Radeon™ R9 285, AMD Radeon™ R9 380 and AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series)
1920 X 1200 @ 60Hz 2048 X 1536
2560 X 1600
3840 X 2400 (AMD Radeon™ R9 285, AMD Radeon™ R9 380 and AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series)
2560 X 1440 @ 60Hz 3200 X 1800
1920 X 1080 @ 120Hz 1920 X 1200 @ 120Hz
2048 X 1536 @ 120Hz

Well, even better, PES 2018 is the best FOX PES so... its fine :)
Although i am not a PC-guy, i will risk an assumption. On pes 14/15/16 for physics they used the Havok engine. You can check it in the list here.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Havok

Furthermore on pes 17/18 for close controls they had an engine called Real Touch and Real Touch+ respectively.

Maybe since 2019 they either changed the budget due to more licenses and used a cheaper engine for physics, control etc, that is not a trademark, or they tried to produce them through Fox Engine exclusively, thats why the different feeling.
My second guess is that if they decided to move to Unreal on next gen, they stop focusing on mechanics for the last versions and they just tunned Fox Engine to do other duties. And theu will focus on multiple engines synergy on the next gen.
Just guessing. But i also wonder why collisions are worse after 2017 or why they abonded the extremely smooth feeling of close control and first touch on 2018.

Hello guys. I dont know if its only me or is the game actually doing that. When I play double player offline, the AI seems to support one team like intercepting balls automatically or pressuring the player automatically and blocking shots too. How can I make the game fair and make the AI not support any of the team and balance the game.

Hello guys. I dont know if its only me or is the game actually doing that. When I play double player offline, the AI seems to support one team like intercepting balls automatically or pressuring the player automatically and blocking shots too. How can I make the game fair and make the AI not support any of the team and balance the game.
In 2019 or 2017? Cause you asked it already in two topics??!!

There is an option in every PES for AI defenders to tackle. I always have it turned off but it's up to you. It's in the game play settings where you can set manual assist on passes.

Figured I'd give this one another go as there's a lot I like about PES 2019.

For starters the ball feels loose; like it isn't tied to players. In so many of these games when a tackle animation begins, you are removed from the ball. But 2019, I've seen so often players recover and keep the ball. Challenges are not automatic. They aren't clean.

Dribbling felt better than it does in the most recent 2 as well (mostly because I prefer the way close control used to be). Players seem more proactive than in 20 or 21 (I've talked long on how passive they are in those games).

But what pains me so much, is the AI. The AI is completely incapable of defending on multiple difficulties. I've played pretty much all day and I've constantly been smashing the AI in fixed cursor matches because the AI will constantly leave gaping holes in their shape constantly.

I play on giving a few gameplay patches a shot but, as much as I try, as hard as I try to give the newer games a proper go, I still feel myself going back to 2017.

I have had my frustrations with 2019. So much so that I initially gave up on it. But given how 2020 and 2021 have played, I see what they were trying to do with gameplay. Hindsight is 20/20 and frankly 2019 looked like a step in the right direction, but they've missed the mark imo. I'm very curious to see how the new game will look and how much of it will have changed.

I'm not done giving 2019 another chance. Who knows maybe one of these modded files will save this game for me finally.

Played a match with a edited dt18 and edited exe. It felt pretty good tbf.

AI struggles to defend overall in the game but especially against attacking teams. Attacking teams cannot defend at all it seems like.

Top player, -2 speed, 20 minutes, fixed cursor.

For most of the match, things weren't too bad, but late on it felt like the opposition AI couldn't be bothered to defend anymore so it ended 6-1.

My team had 22 shots to their 12. Having that many combined shots in a game is something I don't experience very often in 2021.

I'm considering dropping down to 15 minutes to try and reduce some of the shot totals and score.

Back on the 2019 grind.

The game plays fast. Really really fast. Partly because the AI cannot defend whatsoever no matter the difficulty. Especially out wide.

I found that having both teams play through the middle helps slow things down a bit, but now lie another issue that has plagued PES throughout the years; how the heck do I keep central mids central.

I tried having the CMs on both teams mark their counterparts. Combined with having both sides attack and defend through the middle, it looked like it could be a potential solution to adding a bit more......resistance? (shout out to matt10) to the midfield.

Having the CMs mark each other has its drawbacks tho. Wingers who drift inside will have space and time on the ball and any team that uses wing rotation, like mine, absolutely destroys this setup. I like wing rotation so I'd rather not ditch it.

Defending out wide is massively problematic and the biggest issue with this game defensively. I tried marking wingers with full backs but they just leaves opposition full backs open because wingers just don't seem to track back.

Increasing the difficulty only made things worse.

As for me, PES19 is the best PES ever made. Especially in PvP. It's not perfect and has its own flaws but movement, animation transitions, how you feel the player - top notch! PES20/21 somehow ruined it and make players very clunky, you can feel the lack of microanimations, when player takes the ball - he freezes for a millisecond and losses the ball, then you rival freezes and it's his turn to lose the ball...

I still have PES19 on my drive and I guess i won't delete it in the nearest future

Last edited:
Hey guys sorry for the bump but I hsve a Mandela effect situation going on

I'm pretty certain when I fiest got pes 2019 I could edit the stadium net to have different amount of strings attached to the net (as in two poles but string connecting between each pole then 3 or 4 strings connecting to the net) also could change the net shape to hex

However now when I go in stadium editor and I'm only able to change the name, what's going on here?

Hey guys sorry for the bump but I hsve a Mandela effect situation going on

I'm pretty certain when I fiest got pes 2019 I could edit the stadium net to have different amount of strings attached to the net (as in two poles but string connecting between each pole then 3 or 4 strings connecting to the net) also could change the net shape to hex

However now when I go in stadium editor and I'm only able to change the name, what's going on here?
it is because you are going to the wrong editor section.

The correct way is : Edit/Edit Team/Edit Homeground /Details.

note: I assume you know it works only for the generic stadiums.

Last edited:
My PES 2019 video from 2 months ago, but released 2 days ago

I played PES 2019 on PC with and without mods. Since PES 2018, PC ports finally got the graphical fidelity of Xbox One / PS4 versions. Gameplay speed is fast but still has that matured feeling from PES 2018. AI difficulty is the hardest among the PES games I played. My video shows both unmodified and modded gameplay, you can distinguish them by fake / real kits.
I will continue with PES 2020, releasing it on 17 April.
00:00-02:41 : PES 2019 Vanilla gameplay
02:41-05:19 : EvoSwitcher 6.0 gameplay
05:19-05:51 : Still looks gorgeous
05:51-06:15 : EvoSwitcher 6.0 gameplay

I've been playing this recently using the Virtua RED patch. It is a beauty. After the sluggishness of 2020 & 2021, I didn't appreciate the buttery smooth responsiveness of 2019 until now.

I have a question for PC/Sider users... Is there a way to stop sider popping up during gameplay when you press L2 & R2 at the same time?

As i have cursor switching and sprint assigned to those to buttons, I often bring up the sider accidentally. This is obviously not a feature on 2020 & 2021 siders but I was thrown off when I accidentally stumbled upon this.

I picked this up recently and am enjoying it, especially the fluidity that is missing from PES 20/21.

I don't think this thread is very active, but wanted to know if there is a way to trick the game when in cup mode to have a second controller, such as the keyboard, that allows you to control a second user-controlled team and bypass the requirement that two controllers are required. Then, in-game, I can just switch the keyboard over to the middle and not actually control it.

I like to play tournaments like World Cups while selecting multiple teams to play as, and if there's a user-controlled team up against another, I cannot forward time.

I have a second controller somewhere that I can dig up and use, but was hoping there was a workaround. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Apparently, you can just go through Participant Settings, choose a side and go, but not through Forward Time. Sounds good!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom