PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

good to see a few aussies on here, try get a league if its possible only if the lag is good, anyone have any issues with lag playng online on the demo
No lag issues for me on the demo. Ran very smoothly playing against other Australians.

The reviewer from NGB said in 20 hrs of gameplay the keeper only stayed on his line twice.
So I did the right thing on Twitter and apologized as I didn’t realize he had a different version of the game than everybody else.

I mean it's either plain dishonesty, or the kind of ignorance that makes you think the ICC pre season tournament is the replacement for the champions league....

@hoffspur re your post in last thread....
I’m the same - my expectations were so low that the demo was a pleasant surprise.
But it’s getting worse and worse off the pitch....For example, It’s criminal that in the last 12 months not one member of the Konami team has been given the task of designing new menus. If Konami don’t have the time (which I doubt) then why not do it as a competition on twitter and let some Pes fan design menus.

I do laugh when the reviews say that Pes will always be hindered by lack of Prem and LA liga licenses because there’s absolutely nothing that Konami can do about that. Even if there was a loophole I doubt they could afford to exploit it.

They have done well getting new licences and should be applauded for it (even though they ain’t the greatest leagues) but what can they do about it? Not a lot.

But where they fall down is the presentation and what you get upon fulll release. If you were trying to persuade a fifa fan to move over to pes they wouldn’t get past the forever loading screen before the booted up fifa again.

It’s all very well Konami saying well we wanted to give football fans a new game for the new season but it’s no good if you have to wait for constant DLCs.

They’ve bragged about Celtic and Rangers yet out of the box they don’t have sponsors and their stadiums. Only Konami could think that’s acceptable.

Played for a few hours last night. First game was Arsenal vs PSG(me) Superstar, manual passing, basic shooting, -1 and 20 min match time. Neymar was amazing to control, played some lovely moves and controlled most of the game. Managed to win 3-1 was a fun and realistic game with decent lifelike goals.

Started a Master League on same settings in the French 2nd division with Auxerre and enjoying it although pre-season I got absolutely battered by Roma(8-0) and Arsenal(4-0) so looks like top teams will be much harder to beat, players feel useless when compared to controlling PSG. Lost my first league game 4-1 and knocked out of the cup 1-0 although I deserved to win, Doesn't help when team spirit starts so low.

Cpu still loves that low cross in the box although they do mix it up on occasion but needs tweaking plus goalies need to be more alive to 1 on 1s. They play more realistically out from the back and pressure the ball much better so not all bad. Plays a solid game of football so far hope it lasts.

White edited kits sill look shiny... ugly
look the sleeves
Dlvva2FUcAAqILz.jpg

A lot of people have said the keeper on the line is linked to the defensive keeper card. Is it possible to assign all the keepers the offensive keeper card instead via edit mode? It's not ideal as it'd take some time but could be a work around as there's been nothing to suggest Konami will fix it.

tonight... :D
10,5 hours of work ahead... but tonight... :D

really looking forward to receive my copy. been reading some full game impressions and i'm happy the pace stayed the same. lets see what the d1 patch does to it... fingers crossed!

@hoffspur re your post in last thread....
I’m the same - my expectations were so low that the demo was a pleasant surprise.
But it’s getting worse and worse off the pitch....For example, It’s criminal that in the last 12 months not one member of the Konami team has been given the task of designing new menus. If Konami don’t have the time (which I doubt) then why not do it as a competition on twitter and let some Pes fan design menus.

I do laugh when the reviews say that Pes will always be hindered by lack of Prem and LA liga licenses because there’s absolutely nothing that Konami can do about that. Even if there was a loophole I doubt they could afford to exploit it.

They have done well getting new licences and should be applauded for it (even though they ain’t the greatest leagues) but what can they do about it? Not a lot.

But where they fall down is the presentation and what you get upon fulll release. If you were trying to persuade a fifa fan to move over to pes they wouldn’t get past the forever loading screen before the booted up fifa again.

It’s all very well Konami saying well we wanted to give football fans a new game for the new season but it’s no good if you have to wait for constant DLCs.

They’ve bragged about Celtic and Rangers yet out of the box they don’t have sponsors and their stadiums. Only Konami could think that’s acceptable.

And its such an easy fix, isnt it?
PES was always about community and editing. Just give people more tools to edit. Stadiums, fake division 2 in every league, scoreboards, more kits (like second goalkeeper kit), menus...Just put some work one time into editing tools and everyone would be happy. Konami could focus mainly on gameplay and AI, people would do the rest. Its no brainer.

Can't seem to find a game online with the American game. Got a feeling the games trying to pair me with people in the U.K smh

Too many aussies here, need to ban some! ;)
ah ah... not sportman like...
referee-yellow-card-800x450.ashx

;)

@Lami did you make that FIFA face disapear last night!? i thought i saw something! :) lightning fast mods!! :ROCK:

reg. the different versions of the game: any infos if its possible to play worldwide online?! or still locked to continent regions!?

Last edited:
Do you guys do some evo-web local tournaments or leagues or create rooms to play together? (Last one didnt sound right...:D)
I suppose its not that easy with different timezones/work/family life..
I was just wondering..

Ps. Since I switched to full manual shooting, Im quite...dreadfull...haha!

You could buy it digitally and then if you don’t like it ring up sony for a refund cos of false advertising, you can say you didn’t know about the removal of division 2 leagues and that’s the reason why you bought it in the first place, you should get refunded or else you can take them to consumer affairs.

It's not so easy to request a refund with Sony.

Do you guys do some evo-web local tournaments or leagues or create rooms to play together? (Last one didnt sound right...:D)
I suppose its not that easy with different timezones/work/family life..
I was just wondering..

Ps. Since I switched to full manual shooting, Im quite...dreadfull...haha!
practice, practice, practice... :D
Yeasterday I played with Real Madrid just to test shooting with Ronaldo. I hit the post two times, second time was with dipping shot and hitted left low side of the post from around 35m. I jumped from the chair how good it was :D
I think when you play manual and player had required cards, when you shoot while running normally it performs rising shot, but when you shoot and then press sprint button then dipping shot is performed.
I really like how tactics work in this years game, can`t speak if they are the same as 2018 becouse I don`t play it. Every tactic has counter-tactic to prevent some patterns of the AI. On the pitch game really shines...

practice, practice, practice... :D
Yeasterday I played with Real Madrid just to test shooting with Ronaldo. I hit the post two times, second time was with dipping shot and hitted left low side of the post from around 35m. I jumped from the chair how good it was :D
I think when you play manual and player had required cards, when you shoot while running normally it performs rising shot, but when you shoot and then press sprint button then dipping shot is performed.
I really like how tactics work in this years game, can`t speak if they are the same as 2018 becouse I don`t play it. Every tactic has counter-tactic to prevent some patterns of the AI. On the pitch game really shines...

It doesnt help that I keep meeting the same fella, who is constantly slaughtering me with Schalke..:D
Up to the final third Im grand but once I know I have opportunity to shoot I panic and either take too much time to aim (and loosing the ball in the process), or Im sending some potato shot into the stands..:D
Dont even mention headers... i didnt have one that wouldnt hit Gods window...:D

Tactics were ok in PES18 but positioning of AI at the back was terrible. I had to constantly guard the back because the rest of my team was exposing themselves to through balls.
This years defending is much improved.

It doesnt help that I keep meeting the same fella, who is constantly slaughtering me with Schalke..:D
Up to the final third Im grand but once I know I have opportunity to shoot I panic and either take too much time to aim (and loosing the ball in the process), or Im sending some potato shot into the stands..:D
Dont even mention headers... i didnt have one that wouldnt hit Gods window...:D

Tactics were ok in PES18 but positioning of AI at the back was terrible. I had to constantly guard the back because the rest of my team was exposing themselves to through balls.
This years defending is much improved.
Don`t think too much, just do what natural you would do as the player you control ;)
I scored 3 headers until now, two were from corners and other from free kick. I looked in the controls menu and said that we can position our player with R2 for better postion, but there is little time to react and make this work properly. While crossing all my headers meet the sky :D there is probably some trick but we will find it :)

Back
Top Bottom