PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Basically it seems staff like this happens all time lately. The capture is not mine, saw it in reddit

https://i.imgur.com/XO4zSEG.gifv

I mean despite how beautiful the games is, or how good it plays from time to time, any Human-Controlled player, seems to have serious awareness problems. They don't have any clue where the ball is or the ball is played or deflected. And despite every update, it has n't been fixed, it just adjusts from bad to worse and vice-versa.
Or about defending headers, now it seems with super-cancel you can guide your player to challenge a header, at least he jumps now but no matter the timing or the right positioning, he seems to place his head, sadly without any relevance to where the ball is located on air.

Last edited:
Well, @slamsoze , Im sorry to tell you this friend, but according to experts - you simply dont know how to defend and you are leaving AI too much space!

... oh, and the fact that you were winning everything before and now out of nowhere you cant win anything?
You obviously must have hit your head at some stage and forgot how to defend!

:LOL: :LOL:

Well, @slamsoze , Im sorry to tell you this friend, but according to experts - you simply dont know how to defend and you are leaving AI too much space!

... oh, and the fact that you were winning everything before and now out of nowhere you cant win anything?
You obviously must have hit your head at some stage and forgot how to defend!

:LOL: :LOL:
You know, i tend to ignore people who use to say "git gud" etc, cause i find it "innocently funny" to believe in 2019, that a game is not manipulated in favor of a story to be told, when you only press a button and the rest are based on an engine and some numbers (random or not) to be displayed by a 3D animation. When the video games will be played by the power of mind and no controller or console will be needed to intervene, we can discuss under different circumstances. :P

The problem for my moan is not the win or loss to be honest. It is that, after almost two seasons, and while for a time in the beginning of the second, i felt that i was in a progress stream, now i feel again as i have never progressed. Like i am back again in the same spot where i began.

The problem for my moan is not the win or loss to be honest. It is that, after almost two seasons, and while for a time in the beginning of the second, i felt that i was in a progress stream, now i feel again as i have never progressed. Like i am back again in the same spot where i began.
..Which ultimately ruins the fun even more, as you start to wonder - was I winning coz I got better, learned about my players and made wise choices or.... was I winning coz AI let me win..?

I said it before and ill say it again - there was always an element of story to be told in Pes series. Bit it was never as awful, blatant and horribly implemented like in 19. Its almost like they think we are all idiots.

Do you guys score from crosses? Is it even possible without super cancel to win a header and score from it? IF i win a header it's always too soft to get into the net. Does anyone have any tips?

Do you guys score from crosses? Is it even possible without super cancel to win a header and score from it? IF i win a header it's always too soft to get into the net. Does anyone have any tips?

Try using early cross (L1+O) and make sure the crossers have the "pinpoint crossing" trait. You should also enable the "centring targets" advanced instruction to have your forwards position themselves around the penalty spot.
I had a lot of trouble with headers myself, but now I am scoring one in about every second match.

That said, heading this year is totally random and much too underpowered. It just beats me how this (among other things) could have passed playtesting.

That said, heading this year is totally random and much too underpowered. It just beats me how this (among other things) could have passed playtesting
Yesterday I decided to try online divisions on full manual. It didnt go as planned, coz it didnt find me any opponnent, so I ended up putting fifa on. :LOL:
Thats not what I wanted to say tho. In order to "refresh" my Pes19 skills and practice manual shooting (im mostly playing basic shooting, everything else manual) I played exhibition match against AI.
At some stage I had cross into the box, header --> crossbar. Ball comes back, header --> goalkeeper parry. Ball comes back, header --> goal.
I remember people saying manual headers dont work. Yet yesterday I had more headers than on basic shooting.
This game is so weird...

Try using early cross (L1+O) and make sure the crossers have the "pinpoint crossing" trait. You should also enable the "centring targets" advanced instruction to have your forwards position themselves around the penalty spot.
I had a lot of trouble with headers myself, but now I am scoring one in about every second match.

That said, heading this year is totally random and much too underpowered. It just beats me how this (among other things) could have passed playtesting.

Oh wow, L1+O is insane, i just scored 3 headers in 2 matches lol!
Tell me where you live and i will bring you a beer haha. :WASTED:

Oh wow, L1+O is insane, i just scored 3 headers in 2 matches lol!
Tell me where you live and i will bring you a beer haha. :WASTED:
You can use L1+O even from outside of penalty area. By outside I mean - you dont have to be at the penalty area height.
If you want to send a cross into the box from half way in between midfield and penalty area. Try it.

If you're on the wing, at penalty area height, you can also do higher cross - R2+O. Sometimes they work well too.

@Ameppe

It is more models animation clipping. That thing alone, does not bothers me at all.
But when it happens in the last minute, or just after the kick-off, or when you can not select the right player at any cost...

I don`t really know, but it is hard to show in a video the real Pes scripting.

Only the player knows what is happening, and the observer could always say, "hey, he did not press the button at the right time, he should pull the stick to/from the ball"... like we did or did not do something...

I just think that level of handicap/momentum/scripting is still waay to high in myClub (but currently less scripted compared to 2018) and moderate in Online Divisions.

And AI is AI.. Every single goal must be scripted in a way. Even half experienced PES players hardly makes ANY mistakes when playing against AI (AI as it is now, one dimensional and bland). So, if you want a realistic Top Player ML season, of course there should be a lots of goals by AI.

1. It just need to be kind of a fair, not some last minute bull s.hit.
2. And most important: in 2019 there should be a TONS of different ways for AI to score...but here we are...

been playing PES 2019 mobile lately, surprised with how good it is. Seems they've put a lotta work into it and unfortunately I could see them prioritizing it over console editions. Wouldn't surprise me if the mobile game is actually more profitable than the consoles

Hi guys!
This is what i'm talking about the demo:
It's only a few examples about the incredible gameplay on it.

Yesterday I've played demo for 3 hours and I had more many magic moments than in hundreds of games in the final game. I've captured all of it and I'm going a to make a longer compilation. You'll be stunned.

In addition to the incredible dribbling mechanics, better pace, weigh and humanized AI, the demo has much more randomness, without scripts and no binary resolutions in all the actions of the game engine. The collision system it's well balanced and the stunned player animations are unseen.

I've played a lot of games since the relase date, and I'm sure that demo it's a totally different thing.
It's like the demo was made to be enjoyed and the final game was made to be annoying. Feels like a simplified wrong gameplay compared to it.
I can't believe what a mess Konami has done.

You should give a chance.

Last edited:
I was scrapping my ML save, trying to finish my second season, after i decided to an other chance to the game and keep this save for a while running alive. So before January of 2020 i was 1st in my League, 5 points above second Bayern Munchen, and competing in 8 of cup and 32 of Europa League against Inter. I changed only two basic 11 in the winter transfer window, just decreasing the TS from 89 to 82. I even denied job offers from Juventus and Bayern (Despite i was tempted to make a project "make X team great again". I was undefeated in any competition until 31 January.
Something "infected" my team and from February and on i lost pretty much everything. Lost in Cup hands down to Schalke, lost to Inter 1-0 and 3-0 . In my league in May now, two games before the final turn i am again 5th, same position i finished the last (my first) season. For a reason i cannot win anything, from 9 goals against in 15 matches in first round , i went again to CPU wins 0-2 automatically in every game beginning, so the best i have resulted is some draws 2-2, 3-3 etc and some crappy victories 3-2. My GK and my Defense Line are all the same 4 as in the first round.

What annoys me only , is that my defending players are always one step back for a damn reason, no matter the timing i press :x:, my defender player always does an extra step to the wrong direction, in the most goal i concede it is 6 players (me) vs 2 players (AI), no matter how good i will contain them, they find the way to make the tap-in or take a rebound after hitting the post. In the same time my defenders lost the ability to catch-up, every CPu attacker with average to low speed stats are outrunning me while they carry the ball, or no matter stamina, fatigue or how i will run , supercancel etc, i can never catch them or when i catch them , it is always an unneeded automatic wrong step, or i will charge-tackle them but no collision animation is displayed, they just bounce me back like a supspension.
Meanwhile my attacking players, while they resembled Messi or David Silva in the first round, now they cannot outrun anyone, they cannot dribble not even a chair, their first touches are all heavy and time-wasting resulting to loosing the ball. In many occasions when i succeed to dribble some other AI control teamate will walk on my patch, crashing on me, resulting after in awkward situations where the ball is 50-50 away from both players, so i am fighting the bad cursor switch to take the closest player, but this struggle against the auto switching results to both players taking half step to the ball and half step behind. In this time an opponent defender comes in and intercepts the ball.

Finally despite any moaning or not, or any believing in momentum,scripting,handicap,boost etc, in the end i closed the PS4 two matches aways from season finale, cause i was pissed-off, i did not have any immersion to plan the next season , to schedule roster moves etc.

And the worst came when i looked at my home clock, cause i played a lot this day, from February to May in ML, i started thinking. "Why am i playing this game? Is it completely waste of time?":CONFUSE:

Literally the exact same thing happened to me. I had tried again after the last patch.

I had continued my ml with Liverpool. I was 7 clear at Christmas. Same bull. Ended up 4 behind with a game to go. The most annoying bull frustrating crap ever.

I don't mind games being hard but what's the point when you can't win, no matter what you do.

Most of my stupid scripted games went like this:

Play a balanced mentality. They score from a low cross, top corner goal.

Play the next mentality, get caught on the break time and time again, even if you have deep defensive line.

As for when you attack, hit the post miss open goals, keepers with unreal saves.

Easily the most annoying game I've ever played.

The biggest pity is that when the games aren't scripted I've had some really good games with brilliant moments.

Why they feel the need to put in this fake difficulty absolutely baffles me. I won't be buying this next year.

Not with the useless modes too. I feel like I am done with this piece of rubbish.

I'm starting to think they are pushing these updates as a desperate attempt to keep the game interesting. So that no one can really master it 100%.
Obviously, it's not the way to do it. This doesn't keep anyone interested. It actually annoys us because the changes are not substantial. They don't attack the core of the game's problem. They are only making some tweaks here and there and all that does is make you feel uncomfortable when playing it. At least, that's the way I feel about it.

Im tired of dissectin this game you know? I just want a game to play some matches after a hard day of work. A game that makes sense. That have conscistence.
On old gen, if you was going to play agaist a low ranked team, it was easy. If this team had some good players on the squad, they did things happend, making you keep marking more tigh on them. Matches was really difficult only against top ranked teams or on classicos, matches with high rivalry.
Well, gameplay was easier like this but makes more sense at least.
Well Im getting old and I dont even know what Im talking about no more. Dont even know if Konami care about us old fans.

Cheers.

Im tired of dissectin this game you know? I just want a game to play some matches after a hard day of work. A game that makes sense. That have conscistence.
On old gen, if you was going to play agaist a low ranked team, it was easy. If this team had some good players on the squad, they did things happend, making you keep marking more tigh on them. Matches was really difficult only against top ranked teams or on classicos, matches with high rivalry.
Well, gameplay was easier like this but makes more sense at least.
Well Im getting old and I dont even know what Im talking about no more. Dont even know if Konami care about us old fans.

Cheers.

Konami care about MyClub and keying into the brains addiction centres.

If any of you are still having trouble seeing the problem :

1. Allocate 1 hour to play 3 consecutive PESs (post-2013). e.g. 16/17/18
2. Choose the same teams in exh mode - the team you control or opponent team has should have some sparky players e.g. Lennon and Hazard
3. Play the games
4. Realise PES is even more generic than you had ever considered.

its a football game - okay
but its a poor one.

I'm starting to think they are pushing these updates as a desperate attempt to keep the game interesting. So that no one can really master it 100%.
Obviously, it's not the way to do it. This doesn't keep anyone interested. It actually annoys us because the changes are not substantial. They don't attack the core of the game's problem. They are only making some tweaks here and there and all that does is make you feel uncomfortable when playing it. At least, that's the way I feel about it.
There's a new update? Didn't they update it weeks ago? Or is this the same one?

Last year around this time we had news about PES 2019. I think it was begin of May. We had even seen a trailer. Hopefully this year it will be the same.

I have this bad feeling that the press release will announce once again a revamped master league, but showing just two or three tweaks here and there. My idea of revamped is very different from Konami's.

I have this bad feeling that the press release will announce once again a revamped master league, but showing just two or three tweaks here and there. My idea of revamped is very different from Konami's.
I think Pes died as a decent single player game play experience a couple of years ago - and I cannot see it being resurrected any time soon.

Last year around this time we had news about PES 2019. I think it was begin of May. We had even seen a trailer. Hopefully this year it will be the same.

Yeah. The news will most likely hit in 2 Weeks. At least that's the rumour. But it makes sense because the last years it was always at the begin or middle of May. And most likely on a wednesday.

Hi guys!
This is what i'm talking about the demo:
It's only a few examples about the incredible gameplay on it.

Yesterday I've played demo for 3 hours and I had more many magic moments than in hundreds of games in the final game. I've captured all of it and I'm going a to make a longer compilation. You'll be stunned.

In addition to the incredible dribbling mechanics, better pace, weigh and humanized AI, the demo has much more randomness, without scripts and no binary resolutions in all the actions of the game engine. The collision system it's well balanced and the stunned player animations are unseen.

I've played a lot of games since the relase date, and I'm sure that demo it's a totally different thing.
It's like the demo was made to be enjoyed and the final game was made to be annoying. Feels like a simplified wrong gameplay compared to it.
I can't believe what a mess Konami has done.

You should give a chance.

I agree that the demo for the past 5 years has always felt more organic or natural than the final product. But that‘s probably largely due to the fact that it simply represents exhibition mode. Any career mode that most of us play with the full game is a total different thing, especially ML. So it‘s a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

The question to me is then not „why does the demo play so differently from the final release?“ but „why can‘t career games play like exhibition matches?“

And putting a limited (5 game) ML-Mode into the demo, would be very helpful. But, wait, that‘s way too user-centered for Konami...

I agree that the demo for the past 5 years has always felt more organic or natural than the final product. But that‘s probably largely due to the fact that it simply represents exhibition mode. Any career mode that most of us play with the full game is a total different thing, especially ML. So it‘s a bit like comparing apples and oranges.

The question to me is then not „why does the demo play so differently from the final release?“ but „why can‘t career games play like exhibition matches?“

And putting a limited (5 game) ML-Mode into the demo, would be very helpful. But, wait, that‘s way too user-centered for Konami...

Hi @Rodchenko!

I think that ML is heavily scripted too, but the point isn't play an exhibition game or anyother mode.
In addition to the artificial challenging CPU, there are more changes between the demo and the final game.

One of the most notorious is they have cutted off the weight of the players. The reason is simple, the weight dosn't get along with the input lag in online games.

I've made a second video, this time only gameplay camera, without editing:

I was playing in top player. I can play the demo for hours and get motivation to make this compilations. It's such adictive.
The final game has a totally different feeling.

Konami game designers spent one year developing and joining up animations, game mechanics, ball physics...
The demo went out, the online did't go well and it could by dangerous for My Club. They had to solve it in anyway!
Then, after working one year in something. If you have to solve things in one month or less, you could ruin some others.

Not sure why would anybody play 5min matches, with few of the same teams, over and over again, without any goal or structure. Id rather go back to pes17 than hammer the demo.

Not sure why would anybody play 5min matches, with few of the same teams, over and over again, without any goal or structure. Id rather go back to pes17 than hammer the demo.

possibly extended demo on PC using sider

i just tried exh mode Spurs vs Ajax, speed -2. Lost 3-2 but felt like a "neutral" game. i know probs cos exhibition mode but still i ask.....

does anyone here play 30min matches in ML and do you still see sudden opponent CPU boosts that lead to them scoring?

does anyone here play 30min matches in ML and do you still see sudden opponent CPU boosts that lead to them scoring?
30mins would be a bit much for me. But I used to play 10min matches and now im up to 20, so thats twice as long for each match.
And no, I did not notice any difference. Games usually felt neutral till I scored, then I was up against a fence until they equalised.

Hi @Rodchenko!

I think that ML is heavily scripted too, but the point isn't play an exhibition game or anyother mode.
In addition to the artificial challenging CPU, there are more changes between the demo and the final game.

One of the most notorious is they have cutted off the weight of the players. The reason is simple, the weight dosn't get along with the input lag in online games.

I've made a second video, this time only gameplay camera, without editing:

I was playing in top player. I can play the demo for hours and get motivation to make this compilations. It's such adictive.
The final game has a totally different feeling.

Konami game designers spent one year developing and joining up animations, game mechanics, ball physics...
The demo went out, the online did't go well and it could by dangerous for My Club. They had to solve it in anyway!
Then, after working one year in something. If you have to solve things in one month or less, you could ruin some others.
Tempted to install the DEMO and played a couple of matches.
Demo plays nice!
Player animations are smoother.
Everything feel/look more organic.

They really destroyed a good game.:RANT:

Last edited:
Well, as usual multiplayer ruins it... As it does for a LOT of games. Modern multiplayer gaming (not local multiplayer, that is fine, 'cause there is no lag) is the cancer of the videogame industry. Really sad, kinda makes you wish the gameplay from the demo could be imported to the full game... oh well :(

Alright i don’t know much about Modding the gameplay for the PC version and perhaps this would be better served in the Pc thread but ...
would it be possible to take the dt file from the demo and use it in the normal game?

Back
Top Bottom