PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

You know dude, I recently discovered not-Greg guy from peschronicles , after a post read somewhere by @miguelfcp .
This not-Greg is one of us, has similar approach to ML, the only difference is he starts with the ML defaults. I read almost all his trip, he concluded after 15 seasons in the same team, starting fro EFL. What he wrote in his last post and all his Master League journey, concludes pretty much what we all have said all the previous months. You can check his journal and his YouTube videos here:
http://peschronicles.co.uk/2019/06/07/the-double/

To summarize his adventure and what possibly I will have or I would if I did not restart my save after each DLC. (If I add all my seasons in each save in 19, they are sure more than 15, with best moments 2xLigue 2 wins, 2xEFL wins, 3-4 PEU super cups and 4-5 bloody ICC wins, still searching for a domestic League or Cup win since 2018).
So back to summarize not-Greg, after 15 seasons, having a team full or all-star regens, he achieved to win the EPL in his last 15th season, while during the years he lost a CL the 13th season and won a EL final against Fulham , which is a power house in his future!!!! And he lost many times under forced circumstances, in CL and EL knock-out games. Except from all this he got tired, of the goal variety, noting that long shots are effective 1/100 and he found that the most acceptable and successful way to score is walk with the ball inside the goalpost, something that we all do since pes4, but which gets really boring after 15 damn seasons. Finally the forced-cheating AI was an arrow on the knee too, while you have the same group of players after 9-10 seasons and the cpu makes the game 2-2 from 2-0 ,out of nowhere, because they can!!!
All these conclude why PES2019 is a problematic Version.
What I want to say; we all knew already that, but a person having gone 15 seasons away is the best experiment, to fade away our illusions. No it does not worth to : wait for TS to go high, to wait your players to improve, to wait some seasons pass. The AI is lazy programmed and cheats it’s ass whenever it likes. Whenever it likes it let’s you Win too. It is nothing we deserve or not, everything seems given and predetermined.
Interesting post,my longest campaigns have been on Pes 6 and 17,and I didn't see an Uber chesty CPU ,you know getting worse by the season.
But with Pes 19 it started on season two already.
That's why I gave up
Felt the same way playing Pes 18 last night,I couldn't score,the stile the ball easily,the caught me when sprinting,every scrappy chance in front of goal was blocked or I couldn't get a shot away.
And that was game four season one on TS 80.
No way I'm putting in work for 10-15 season of this.

Thanks for the article I'll read it later in

I didn't see an Uber chesty CPU ,you know getting worse by the season.
But with Pes 19 it started on season two already.
I keep going back to 2019 after my break from football gaming, because it's a real grind, and that's the poison (and the trickery) that got me hooked on PES in the PSX days. Because when you win, you feel like you've beaten a world chess champion.

But it's simply horrible, in so many ways - and the DNA of the game from 2017 has barely changed (and only for the worse). Response times turn to shit when you've got a defender near you, knock-aheads will usually be just a LITTLE too far (and JUST far enough for the defender to easily collect the ball), every player passes and shoots identically (except when they have special shot-type assignments - because in real life, you have to be an elite football in order to hit a slightly different type of shot occasionally, right?).

But what really frustrates me is just the ping-pong nature of it. It's insane.

In the Champions League, the poorer teams (much more so than the best teams) never have to take a touch to control a ball, most of the passes are first-time, 100mph and laser-accurate, and despite the response times (which you might think stems from a player having to position his body etc.), every player can generate INCREDIBLE power with practically no backlift of the leg, in a split-second.

It's like watching a pinball machine, and to compete, you have to play the same way (offline and online) - by pressing the "pass" button before you've even got the fucking ball and just hoping the pass recipient doesn't decide (as they invariably do) to make a really stupid run, behind a defender who can just walk forward and... 20 first-time passes later, goal.

If the "It's About Time" E3 announcement isn't a new engine, I don't see PES 2020 being a big improvement. Fingers crossed.

I keep going back to 2019 after my break from football gaming, because it's a real grind, and that's the poison (and the trickery) that got me hooked on PES in the PSX days. Because when you win, you feel like you've beaten a world chess champion.

But it's simply horrible, in so many ways - and the DNA of the game from 2017 has barely changed (and only for the worse). Response times turn to shit when you've got a defender near you, knock-aheads will usually be just a LITTLE too far (and JUST far enough for the defender to easily collect the ball), every player passes and shoots identically (except when they have special shot-type assignments - because in real life, you have to be an elite football in order to hit a slightly different type of shot occasionally, right?).

In the Champions League, the poorer teams (much more so than the best teams) never have to take a touch to control a ball, most of the passes are first-time, 100mph and laser-accurate, and despite the response times (which you might think stems from a player having to position his body etc.), every player can generate INCREDIBLE power with practically no backlift of the leg, in a split-second.

It's like watching a pinball machine, and to compete, you have to play the same way (offline and online) - by pressing the "pass" button before you've even got the fucking ball and just hoping the pass recipient doesn't decide (as they invariably do) to make a really stupid run, behind a defender who can just walk forward and... 20 first-time passes later, goal.

If the "It's About Time" E3 announcement isn't a new engine, I don't see PES 2020 being a big improvement. Fingers crossed.
Couldn't agree more,I found it to be horrible.
I couldn't enjoy ithem at all.
The crap and bad programming comes quickly too.
Took me 2-3 games before all the bad stuff appeared,not subtle,but in full force.
No matter how bad fifafeels at times,played it last night,it's still so much better in fundamentals,and that's where they need to focus on.
I'm not very hopeful at all,but fingers crossed

Ok i just don t understand, no one in the UAE area plays pes 2019 online... i can t even find 1 opponent in my club matchmaking....what the heck??

Ok i just don t understand, no one in the UAE area plays pes 2019 online... i can t even find 1 opponent in my club matchmaking....what the heck??
Is it a region thing? Is your copy of the game from a different region to everyone else's?

Is it a gambling thing? If your game has microtransactions (i.e. myClub) is it banned online in UAE?

I still believe (#BELIEVE) that bringing this game to enjoyable state is not that difficult. Most of the things that bother us, from pure gameplay perspective, were tweaked by community with simple numerical adjustments.
Responsiveness and dynamic difficulty/script/momentum - those two are up to Konami, but there was more than enough complaints about it for the blind to see.
Besides, I think, that AI craziness was there to compensate for shallow AI and to create a false sense of challenge.
If (IF) they worked on Master League, they had to work on AI as well.

State of this game is not great, as it is, but its not too far gone.
Am I too optimistic? Maybe. Probably.
But sure, fuck it, no point getting annoyed by all this.

The only thing I worry about is that I have couple of people in mind, who, based on their opinion, will help me decide whether to get it or not.
If none of you fuckers buy it - im fucked. :LOL: :LOL:

If none of you fuckers buy it - I'll buy it anyway, like we all will (you know it deep down inside, dear reader), because we all love PES and we're all desperate for it to be the market leader again, even though everyone takes our criticism to mean that we're just "haters" - we wouldn't still be here after so many years, posting and playing and hoping against hope for PES to become the best football game ever made...
Fixed that for you.

You will last no longer than a week with holding off. As soon as the first opinions will appear here you can‘t resist anymore to contribute your own. I am actually counting on it (your opinion).

What else would you be left to do anyway? Continue to talk about how shit PES 2019 is and be proud about it? Come on..

yes foukin, it s region 2, i bought it as region free, fouk this amazon service in uae man, they send u wrong items with wrong descriptions

I have just played this game in pes league online, and i can say that they made france way too strong, u can t play against them online with someone controlling, basically they made griezmann and pogba and mbappe inhuman in this game, u can t get the ball from them, and the one twos are insane, such a arcade game online tbh, all shots are goals from inside the area, and france players are inhuman, no this is not the game we want...

if any of you are looking for a solution to the hook or need your eyes opening, I have a solution for you (because I was there once too).

very simple - put your match time up to 30mins.

the phases you will go through are :
- within 5 games : "gameplay feels more realistic"
- 5-10 games : "actually these scorelines feel a bit high/game feels a bit repetitive"
- 10 games : "30 mins matches are too long/I can't be bothered to do this regularly"

thought i'd try some ML today - opponent team scored 2 win first 10' and I felt this constant pressure which I'd usually then think about switching tactics. but no, I just switched pes off an started playing something else.

Couldn't agree more,I found it to be horrible.
I couldn't enjoy ithem at all.
The crap and bad programming comes quickly too.
Took me 2-3 games before all the bad stuff appeared,not subtle,but in full force.
No matter how bad fifafeels at times,played it last night,it's still so much better in fundamentals,and that's where they need to focus on.
I'm not very hopeful at all,but fingers crossed
i do agree that the other game gets the fundamentals right

im not going to talk about the other game other than it gets more than the fundamentals right even with its faults. PES needs to sort itself out massively this year - in terms of loosing customers the fact that FIFA is bringing back FIFA Street will be a big pull as it has been anticipated for years. Last night i was playing on PES again just to see what it was like before selling it and i was really enjoying it up until the AI attacks - time and time again down the wings and low cross - it was just mind numbingly boring - not once did they shoot from distance or try something different - same for attacking - i've come off advanced shooting now which i like because i know by cutting inside from the wing and poweful low shot into far post is going in 8 times out of 10 - the same goal over and over and thats down to shot variation being so poor - how they will compete with FIFA this year i have no idea

im not going to talk about the other game other than it gets more than the fundamentals right even with its faults. PES needs to sort itself out massively this year - in terms of loosing customers the fact that FIFA is bringing back FIFA Street will be a big pull as it has been anticipated for years. Last night i was playing on PES again just to see what it was like before selling it and i was really enjoying it up until the AI attacks - time and time again down the wings and low cross - it was just mind numbingly boring - not once did they shoot from distance or try something different - same for attacking - i've come off advanced shooting now which i like because i know by cutting inside from the wing and poweful low shot into far post is going in 8 times out of 10 - the same goal over and over and thats down to shot variation being so poor - how they will compete with FIFA this year i have no idea
i ve been complaining about shot variation since pes 2016, but still people here would go against me and say that im trolling....

i ve been complaining about shot variation since pes 2016, but still people here would go against me and say that im trolling....
just ask someone to post a video of a scuffed shot? don't think they exist in PES but i can show a few in FIFA. I think every shot in PES is hit true - certainly is on advanced and manual

U already what pes is enjoyable about, its the build up play it just feels good when u pass the ball around, there is some kind of positioning feel that make u enjoy the build up, but once u come close to the penalty box this is where the game start to feel scripted and as if u are not in control, fifa will nevee ever make u feel so good with the build up play, i just don t enjoy fifa s build up, it just doesnt feel nice i don t know how to say it, the basics are there but it s the overall feel when u pass the ball around in pes that makes u wanna come back only to come back to square one when u need to score

just ask someone to post a video of a scuffed shot? don't think they exist in PES but i can show a few in FIFA. I think every shot in PES is hit true - certainly is on advanced and manual

I´ve been playing Fifa too and even on the pre match training, on the free kick challenge, I noticed that the shots go in diferent ways, even if you aim at the same spot. This makes it like player atributes are important, and adds variety to the outcome. PES needs to change, really big changes!

2020 will be a no go if they keep on the same track.

i have feeling of dispair , with some kind of hope, after uninstalling pes 2019 for good today, and keeping the other game just to play some ultimate team whenever i feel, although i hate the game on the pitch tbh....this feeling of installing again older pes games but feeling that the graphics are just too outdated that im gonna just stop playing altogether along with the football fix feel that i have at moment, certainly not the best time to be a football video gamer....

i have feeling of dispair , with some kind of hope, after uninstalling pes 2019 for good today, and keeping the other game just to play some ultimate team whenever i feel, although i hate the game on the pitch tbh....this feeling of installing again older pes games but feeling that the graphics are just too outdated that im gonna just stop playing altogether along with the football fix feel that i have at moment, certainly not the best time to be a football video gamer....

Yeh im not playing PES19 again, 5 seasons of ML with different teams and i didnt enjoy any of them.
Firing in the other game 2017. Its not perfect and has scripting but its not Overwhelming and rage inducing.
I had a serious try of online gaming with this version of PES .Tried online divisions and at first was quite interested in it but after about 20 matches i just got sick of it. Its just pass pass pass pass as fast as you can. An exercise in how fast you can press the buttons IMHO. And people take this seriously as an E sport, what a joke man.
Roll on PES20 . Things can only get better !

While you were getting annoyed with new Pes presentation, I watched a decent movie, drank few whisky drinks and played few matches.
Last few days I played shit load of matches on Pes19..
I think they toned down the script as I had good few clean sheets. Either that or I know every single AI pattern by now..
Anyway, to my point..

While there really is some good football there after all these patches, one word that I can summarise the whole Pes19 is - SOULLESS.

- Soulless because ML is an empty shell, stripped from every little detail.
- Soulless because every team plays the same and end stats are more or less the same every god damn time
- soulless coz AI will never surprise you - neither with dribbling, nor with shot from distance.
- soulless coz even you, as a user, cant surprise AI. Shots from distance are ineffective, speed bursts are ineffective, headers are weak. There are only few ways to get around the defence and you cant really go beyond those simple patterns (i say this playing on manual)
- soulless as there is no D2's
- soulless as every league looks and feels the same

This game is as soulless and grey as its fucking menu background.

It can also be summarised with these two screenshots:
Pes19: (me-Wolves)
20190604_235752.jpg
Pes17: (me-Mallorca)
20190612_004243.jpg
Where is the "Punch" that 17 had? Where is the build up? Where is shot variety, player ID, physicality, speed?

Time to wake up, Konamitsu.. You're taking a piss..

Ps. On a positive note, I discovered something! When you score a goal and control your player after he scores, you can run up to the ball rolling out and (with a square) hammer it back into the goal! Its probably ridiculously obvious to most of you, but I never knew that! That is one of the best celebrations I've seen!
GET IN THERE!!! :LOL:

While you were getting annoyed with new Pes presentation, I watched a decent movie, drank few whisky drinks and played few matches.
Last few days I played shit load of matches on Pes19..
I think they toned down the script as I had good few clean sheets. Either that or I know every single AI pattern by now..
Anyway, to my point..

While there really is some good football there after all these patches, one word that I can summarise the whole Pes19 is - SOULLESS.

- Soulless because ML is an empty shell, stripped from every little detail.
- Soulless because every team plays the same and end stats are more or less the same every god damn time
- soulless coz AI will never surprise you - neither with dribbling, nor with shot from distance.
- soulless coz even you, as a user, cant surprise AI. Shots from distance are ineffective, speed bursts are ineffective, headers are weak. There are only few ways to get around the defence and you cant really go beyond those simple patterns (i say this playing on manual)
- soulless as there is no D2's
- soulless as every league looks and feels the same

This game is as soulless and grey as its fucking menu background.

It can also be summarised with these two screenshots:
Pes19: (me-Wolves)
View attachment 16603
Pes17: (me-Mallorca)
View attachment 16604
Where is the "Punch" that 17 had? Where is the build up? Where is shot variety, player ID, physicality, speed?

Time to wake up, Konamitsu.. You're taking a piss..

Ps. On a positive note, I discovered something! When you score a goal and control your player after he scores, you can run up to the ball rolling out and (with a square) hammer it back into the goal! Its probably ridiculously obvious to most of you, but I never knew that! That is one of the best celebrations I've seen!
GET IN THERE!!! :LOL:

Regarding the first screenshot from pes 2019, i use to do the same, collect match stats screenshots, after every match with this type of stats, CPU 3 goals/3 shoots and CPU goalkeeper 10 saves/10 shoots, i maybe make a photo-collection some day in the summer, titled :
" They were a little bit too cynical"

It summurizes the whole 2019 AI concept!! :P :P

The 2017 on the other hand, shows how better is 2017 , where you can win a match without being forced to do x10 more goal chances and you are not also forced to hold over 60% ball possession, even if you are Mallorca vs Barca (AI)

After playing my 17-18-19 a week ago or so,and absolutely hating most of it (loving some stuff though) I started a new career on FIFA 19,but two games in ,no matter how good some stuff are on FIFA it's just meh!
Soft and lightweight players,can deal with that pretty much 90% of the time.
But me (Villa) steam rolling Chelsea 3-1 and Shitty away 4-1,despite being in ULT difficulty and crippling myself in almost all sliders (shooting pass accuracy first touch) I packed it in and gave Pes 19 a new go.

The two games last nigh were quite fun PA0 and Professional,1-1 draw the first game and 2-0 up Vs chievo til the 70th minute when the ping pong show started and they scored twice,managed to win 3-2 in the end.
I had quite fun playing it,despite the OP AI the last minute,but most of all,I didn't cruise to victory with ease like I did on the other game.
Let's see how it hold up (bet I'll end playing Pes 18)

Soul less is the right word @Emroth a bit dull (perhaps not the game play itself)
For me I just need to play 18 and feel a big difference in that department
I'm curious to see if ML has changed for 20 or not.

After playing my 17-18-19 a week ago or so,and absolutely hating most of it (loving some stuff though) I started a new career on FIFA 19,but two games in ,no matter how good some stuff are on FIFA it's just meh!
Soft and lightweight players,can deal with that pretty much 90% of the time.
But me (Villa) steam rolling Chelsea 3-1 and Shitty away 4-1,despite being in ULT difficulty and crippling myself in almost all sliders (shooting pass accuracy first touch) I packed it in and gave Pes 19 a new go.

The two games last nigh were quite fun PA0 and Professional,1-1 draw the first game and 2-0 up Vs chievo til the 70th minute when the ping pong show started and they scored twice,managed to win 3-2 in the end.
I had quite fun playing it,despite the OP AI the last minute,but most of all,I didn't cruise to victory with ease like I did on the other game.
Let's see how it hold up (bet I'll end playing Pes 18)

Soul less is the right word @Emroth a bit dull (perhaps not the game play itself)
For me I just need to play 18 and feel a big difference in that department
I'm curious to see if ML has changed for 20 or not.
Bottom line is, and I'm using the word "unplayable" to mean "no fun in the long term, unsustainable"...

FIFA 19 is unplayable because it's so easy. I can live with odd ball physics, I can live with no fouls (as much as I wish they were there). I can slow it down to a playable level. But the AI on World Class/Legendary is ping-pong as fuck, and on Ultimate it feels like the AI barely "tries".

PES 2019 is unplayable because every team play the same way, every player has the same accuracy, every contact with the ball is perfect - and even if it's difficult, there is no fun in playing the exact same match 40-odd times a season (being pressed to death, the opposition scoring by stringing ten first-time passes together, even though they're bottom of the league).

Both rubbish for long-term play. I prefer FIFA because there's just more to see, more things happen, it still surprises you with odd ball contacts and goals you've not seen before.

But that means nothing when the AI never challenges you. (I'm lucky in that, at the moment, I'm drawing most games as Inter - BUT it's still really obvious that the AI are toothless and don't pose much danger.)

I went back to PES 2017 and enjoyed it for a while, but the input lag (your striker taking 4-5 steps after you've pressed shoot for absolutely no reason) just kills it for me, I can't enjoy it. In FIFA, if I run into a defender, IT'S MY FAULT. In PES (any PES, literally all PES games), when that happens, I'm totally powerless.

Pressing pass or shoot locks you into a "your shot will take 5-7 business days to arrive" process, and it's nothing to do with the player getting his body into the right stance - it's the engine going "that defender is good, we've got to give him a chance, right".

Some of you guys at least got what is wrong with the game, because so many people here were blinded that this is the pes everyone wants, but no definitely not

Bottom line is, and I'm using the word "unplayable" to mean "no fun in the long term, unsustainable"...

FIFA 19 is unplayable because it's so easy. I can live with odd ball physics, I can live with no fouls (as much as I wish they were there). I can slow it down to a playable level. But the AI on World Class/Legendary is ping-pong as fuck, and on Ultimate it feels like the AI barely "tries".

PES 2019 is unplayable because every team play the same way, every player has the same accuracy, every contact with the ball is perfect - and even if it's difficult, there is no fun in playing the exact same match 40-odd times a season (being pressed to death, the opposition scoring by stringing ten first-time passes together, even though they're bottom of the league).

Both rubbish for long-term play. I prefer FIFA because there's just more to see, more things happen, it still surprises you with odd ball contacts and goals you've not seen before.

But that means nothing when the AI never challenges you. (I'm lucky in that, at the moment, I'm drawing most games as Inter - BUT it's still really obvious that the AI are toothless and don't pose much danger.)

I went back to PES 2017 and enjoyed it for a while, but the input lag (your striker taking 4-5 steps after you've pressed shoot for absolutely no reason) just kills it for me, I can't enjoy it. In FIFA, if I run into a defender, IT'S MY FAULT. In PES (any PES, literally all PES games), when that happens, I'm totally powerless.

Pressing pass or shoot locks you into a "your shot will take 5-7 business days to arrive" process, and it's nothing to do with the player getting his body into the right stance - it's the engine going "that defender is good, we've got to give him a chance, right".
The odd two three games on FIFA is ok,but the ai (defensive) is so poorly,no matter how much it gets right ,it still kills it for me.
I shouldn't be able to bang up city 4-1 away.

I agree on Pes 19 (though I've had a couple of very good games today).

But right now,what should I play?
One game is way to easy,the other one cheaty as hell!
Today I played three games with a middle of the pack team in Serie A,on PA0 and on Regular difficulty (yeah regular...) and those three games ended 1-1 2-0 (me) and 1-1
Probably the most fun I've had since coming back to football again,even though my first Villa game on FIFA 19 was great,game two was the city game, and it just killed everything!
So damn if you do etc.

Ps dead serious,I'm probably heading over to eFootball myclub etc,quite sure it's the only way to enjoy ANY football game right now.
Both Pes and fifa needs overhaul if I'm buying this year,not better,but major improvements

I played today a exhibition as final cup game in fifa, and u d be surprised how the variety is there, match was :
Watford (me) vs chelsea at wembley
Game ended 2-1 to chelsea, but i never felt cheated and i felt the variety of the shots and how to tackle and take the ball, delofeu s tremendous pace is felt, there is individuality which made me enjoy the loss , chelsea s goal were great moves using hazard in thr middle cutting in on goal, shame that fifa gets thr basics but pes dont ....

I played today a exhibition as final cup game in fifa, and u d be surprised how the variety is there, match was :
Watford (me) vs chelsea at wembley
Game ended 2-1 to chelsea, but i never felt cheated and i felt the variety of the shots and how to tackle and take the ball, delofeu s tremendous pace is felt, there is individuality which made me enjoy the loss , chelsea s goal were great moves using hazard in thr middle cutting in on goal, shame that fifa gets thr basics but pes dont ....

Am I in the right thread?

Back
Top Bottom