PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Forget about what I said here. Game is absolutetly Crap.

I cant underdtand How adults can enjoy a game wich basically hás no error when You play with top players. Just midless Quick passing 1-2 and a shooting system that hás 99% of accuracy.

1-2 should bê made contextually, but its not. Its a perfect ping pong 1-2 sincrony.

I really cant underdtand the point of developing a game that basically hás no space for erros and fails, no misplaced or over hit pass, no ball going over the bar.

Maybe thats the state of things on this world currently, spoiled kids demanding everything and doing nothing on their own to deserve it
ofc man, this is my thinking exactly

Two days ago, after 1,000 games, i scored my first diving-header in ML. It was similar to Klinsmann goal against Iran i think, in 1998 WC , (edited). Studying the headers more carefully, they are very bad programmed, having a sensitive window in which you must do your input, if you go too early, your action is harmless, if you go to late you are trapped in a very long animation, maybe one with 5 steps before taking a shoot or something similar. The chances to hit the momentum bullseye and achieve a proper header are too small, that it does not worth the pain and the process to build-up a proper situation for a header. Better just try do something else, maybe control the ball with chest and then shoot, etc etc.

I managed to do one with Dybala. One in about 500 matches. More often they will go for the overhead scissor kick. I cannot tell you how much I loathe scoring from a scissor kick. It’s like Konami throwing a surprise party every night after work. You enter your home and there is a group of Japanese people and they all shout “Scissoooor Kiiiiiick!!!!” and someone fires a flashlight in your face and there is a Mary Kondo type person who is holding your arm and she is like: “isn’t that amaaaaaazing?” and all you can think of is “Fuck off, I want to be left alone”

So how do you even tackle in this game? I play with Top Player AI, they just tackle me all the time, El Shaarawy outmuscling Vidal yet when I press the A button (Xbox controller) all my player does is circling around the ball carrier as if there's an invisible force field protecting him.

So how do you even tackle in this game? I play with Top Player AI, they just tackle me all the time, El Shaarawy outmuscling Vidal yet when I press the A button (Xbox controller) all my player does is circling around the ball carrier as if there's an invisible force field protecting him.
it s a joke man, these things need to be fixed aswell, good point anw

I am wondering why there is no goal news of other team in pes 2019 commentary/// Is there any mod that can patch this problem?? I hope they fix in pes 2020

It’s beyond ridiculous. When the AI is on red attack level they can butcher you - AI defender frontally slides into my player with an outstretched leg - normally a contender for a straight red card - but ref doesn’t even raise an eyebrow but when I move a foot into the AI-attacker - playing the fucking ball - and he stumbles over it, not only is a foul called, I am getting a yellow on top. Fuck you, Konami.

Off and on between Pes 17-18-19
Decided to give 19 a go again,plays great on the ball but after the first low cross and top shelf finish by the AI it's binned,again.
Back to 18 again

It's so strange, innit? I had a fantastic CL group match at Liverpool (me Roma), fought my tits off for 90 minutes against constant Gegenpress and a bribed ref, actually having the better chances, then Manolas slide tackles Salah in the box, penalty 90+3 for Liverpool, Henderson converts. All for nothing. I was disappointed, but not in a "you fucking game cheated me" kind of way, more in a "I gave everything but this is football" kind of way. Rewarding. Reran the match in my head many times.

Then I have another one with Bayern (me) at home against Mainz 05 and though I won it in the end (1-0) it was beyond ridiculous. Laser passes, tiki-taka, perfect positioning, perfect management of space by Mainz, super keeper, super dribblings, super everything, 4-3-3 lineup (at Allianz Arena!). An infuriating caricature of a game, utterly painful to play and totally unrewarding, victory notwithstanding.

Goes to tell a lot about the state of a game when winning can be more frustrating than losing.

It's so strange, innit? I had a fantastic CL group match at Liverpool (me Roma), fought my tits off for 90 minutes against constant Gegenpress and a bribed ref, actually having the better chances, then Manolas slide tackles Salah in the box, penalty 90+3 for Liverpool, Henderson converts. All for nothing. I was disappointed, but not in a "you fucking game cheated me" kind of way, more in a "I gave everything but this is football" kind of way. Rewarding. Reran the match in my head many times.

Then I have another one with Bayern (me) at home against Mainz 05 and though I won it in the end (1-0) it was beyond ridiculous. Laser passes, tiki-taka, perfect positioning, perfect management of space by Mainz, super keeper, super dribblings, super everything, 4-3-3 lineup (at Allianz Arena!). An infuriating caricature of a game, utterly painful to play and totally unrewarding, victory notwithstanding.

Goes to tell a lot about the state of a game when winning can be more frustrating than losing.
Thats the thing,a good game makes even a loss feels alright.
And I have even move down to Reg difficulty to make the CPU play more human like,works great on Pes 18,but here it's so hard coded ,CPU can only score /play in a certain way.
So frustrating

Thats the thing,a good game makes even a loss feels alright.
And I have even move down to Reg difficulty to make the CPU play more human like,works great on Pes 18,but here it's so hard coded ,CPU can only score /play in a certain way.
So frustrating

I feel the exact same way. Their has been times where PES can be an absolute joy to play against the CPU but times like those are so few and far between, so 99% of the time it's incredibly frustrating to play and enjoy PES because the CPU is so generic and lacks variety.

I feel the exact same way. Their has been times where PES can be an absolute joy to play against the CPU but times like those are so few and far between, so 99% of the time it's incredibly frustrating to play and enjoy PES because the CPU is so generic and lacks variety.
Fully agreeing mate,I still enjoy Pes 17-18 for that reason,a good and varied AI,I still have PS3 (bought for retro gaming) and Pes 10-11-12-13-14,but it's hard to enjoy right now when you're used to 4k games,to bad,but that's how my "spoilt" gaming has ended up
So atm I'm really enjoying 18,the lack of fouls are shit,but the freedom of the ball and a very good and varied ai keeps me going,and gives me some sort of hope for 20

Fully agreeing mate,I still enjoy Pes 17-18 for that reason,a good and varied AI,I still have PS3 (bought for retro gaming) and Pes 10-11-12-13-14,but it's hard to enjoy right now when you're used to 4k games,to bad,but that's how my "spoilt" gaming has ended up
So atm I'm really enjoying 18,the lack of fouls are shit,but the freedom of the ball and a very good and varied ai keeps me going,and gives me some sort of hope for 20

If PES2019 had the same varied Ai that was in PES2018 I would still be playing 2019 on a daily basis but it seems to me that the Ai downgrade was intentional which was incredibly disappointing and almost unforgivable. I sincerely hope lessons have been learnt by the time the PES2020 demo is launched.

If PES2019 had the same varied Ai that was in PES2018 I would still be playing 2019 on a daily basis but it seems to me that the Ai downgrade was intentional which was incredibly disappointing and almost unforgivable. I sincerely hope lessons have been learnt by the time the PES2020 demo is launched.
It's by far the worst ai in any Pes game (that I can recall)
Especially since it looks so good,the disappointment gets worse

Better to do defending on your own, other than holding a button. You need to use R2 and R1R2 to freely position your player.

I think it's great that holding a button doesn't let you take the ball easily. We've had quite enough of the X and [] pressure spam over the years.

Gotta love Reddit, this is the reason online play can be so frustrating. "I can't one touch from end to end, how can I be better?"
"The Pros play pa3, try that!"

It needs to be removed asap!

this is probably the saddest thing i have read in a while

You know it. That's the mentality those of us who want a game of football online are fighting against. People saying "Hey, here's how the cheapest "pros" are getting to finals, try this... and have you considered lag cheating too in the competitions? Then you could be top of the leader board with 0 defeats and 4000 wins too!"

game is a frickin abomination for gamer experience.

am sitting my arse here for the past 5 minutes trying to get PES to load up on PC - nothings changed since I played earlier today.

day before yesterday I was on XB1 - 2-3 mins stuck on a loading screen.

seriously - i wouldn't wish this abomination n my worst enemy.

was hoping to wrap the day up with a quick game on PC. not happening. switching off and going to sleep.

tomorrow I am going to break a tree. I will think fondly of pes.

Next-day edit : My PC loading issues are related to my PC setup rather than PES. Once loaded though, I've just played 3 league games back-to-back on professional. The games felt good. I was disappointed last night but I'm good now. Time to break that tree!!!

Last edited:
Yesterday a give a try on this game again. Offline player vs player and I found it very arcade comparing to PES 2018. Tackling is more easier, its way more end to end football. Its frenatic! Its like comparing PES 5 and 6.

Sorry for asking but you guys really think that this game is better than 2018 just because it have more fouls and less backheels?

Yesterday a give a try on this game again. Offline player vs player and I found it very arcade comparing to PES 2018. Tackling is more easier, its way more end to end football. Its frenatic! Its like comparing PES 5 and 6.

Sorry for asking but you guys really think that this game is better than 2018 just because it have more fouls and less backheels?
These days i am submitting myself to a weird torture. As i have very limited time, i play max. 4-5 games every second day. I always start with 2 games on my 17 or 18 ML and then i always play 2-3 games on my 19 ML. I enjoy both 17 & 18 much with their given flaws, but for some reason 19 makes me always angry. I can win Bayern and BVB 1-0 and 3-1 and i can loose 1-3, 1-4 from the last 2* teams of the league table.Everything feels totally random and out of control.
The 19 AI although improved by last patches, still lacks variety, they now just score with 3 very standard ways, instead of standard 1 way they used to before.
Relating to your post, back heels of 18 do not bother me anymore, after so many games in 19, that the AI blatantly builds up with straight one-touch passes, the backheels in 18 started to look very normal!!! Furthermore , for sure the lack of physical game and fouls are a big minus in 18, but the player movement and feints with tilting the Left stick, gives an awesome feel of control , unique until today, that make me also wonder , how is not everyone upset with this downgrade in 19, which feels completely like a 4-directions game.
Also the awareness is broken in 19. I started having issues with AI teamates colliding on me, or when i play a short-touch pass with 10% power they are lethargic as hell, untill they start the animation to control the ball, it goes out of bounds or opponent intercepts. It is like they are asleep most of time and you wake up them. Maybe if i would try PA3 they would have better awareness, maybe the game was designed with PA3 in mind, but i find it unacceptable to go over PA1.

Maybe i am "heretic" like @Danny Henry , but i find ball control and player movement of 2019, as an PSone level game, in comparison with 2018.

18 ist so much Better,just check how the Ai attacks/shoots/dribbles.
19 is so stale Vs that

19 makes me always angry. I can win Bayern and BVB 1-0 and 3-1 and i can loose 1-3, 1-4 from the last 2* teams of the league table.Everything feels totally random and out of control.
I don't think this is "random", I think this is how the game works and can be observed in ML dependent on difficulty level (Top Player and above, but especially Superstar of course).

As Newcastle with an average "team spirit", whenever I play Fulham (I mention them often, specifically) they string together perfect first-time no-look passes like Barcelona - if Barcelona were psychic robots from the planet Cyborgio Futbola.

I think that the game looks at their overall ability and goes "these guys need a boost in order to keep the difficulty hard". But then you play a top-four side, e.g. Chelsea, and without the boosts, they're much easier to at least draw against, if not beat.

I haven't played around in Exhibition Mode enough to figure out if this "boost" is just "team spirit" going haywire - but I often wonder. Either way, I don't think it's "random" at all - I think it's just how the game works.

It makes no sense - and I find it really interesting that football games of the last decade have had issues here to an extent. FIFA's own forums blew up a while ago because it was always easier to beat e.g. Man United (when they were good) than Fulham, because Man United would leave loads of space while they attacked (which it was too easy to exploit) whereas Fulham didn't (and were too good at attacking play, compared to reality).

PES 2019 is one of PS Plus's free games of July.

Not sure that this is a good sign. I love a golf game called The Golf Club 2019 and from what I know, they're really struggling for sales (despite slashing the price), and this meant there was nobody online to play against... So they ended up giving it away on Xbox via Games With Gold.

If PES was doing this just to get more microtransactions, I'd get it - but they've already got the "Lite" version to do that. So... Is the game just not selling?

Last edited:
PES 2019 is one of PS Plus's free games of July.

Not sure that this is a good sign. I love a golf game called The Golf Club 2019 and from what I know, they're really struggling for sales (despite slashing the price), and this meant there was nobody online to play against... So they ended up giving it away on Xbox via Games With Gold.

If PES was doing this just to get more microtransactions, I'd get it - but they've already got the "Lite" version to do that. So... Is the game just not selling?
Both NHL and the Golf club.
Pretty big games though.
Never seen a EA sports title as a free game before on gold.

Back
Top Bottom