PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Nothing special here, just a player giving birth on the field:LMAO:

My guess is that the CPU thinks I deserve a goal from that beautiful cross (just ignore the ice-skating before the cross :D)... so they did this in my corner kick:LOL:

Last edited:
I wasn't just asking you, but an expert in PES editing. I am asking the question in several forums, not only in this one.
I know you didn't ask me. I just help you by telling you, that you are in the right forum but wrong section. The expert guys you are searching, are more often posting in the editing section.
If what you ask is possible, it should have been already done by now, by one of them, in that section.

Playing PES6 with the Phoenix 2013 patch. It's just an absolute joy. It's not just nostalgia, the atmosphere, the responsive gameplay, the commentary, the AI. Something new and different happens every game to keep it fresh and exciting, all the little details, just everything works as it should, you lose cos you mess up, you win cos you craft out a good move. PES19 compared to this is so inferior, it's laughable, the hand holding and dumb repetitive AI just ruin it.

The only thing missing from the new games is the ai and the little to no feel when u shoot or score,i guess it has to di with the atmosphere

is there any way to apply an option file on ps4 without updating pes to the last datapack?
You can either find an early build OF, or try a new one, but it is clearly a lottery. It may work with just some empty spots in the team rosters, which vanish once you enter the team menu and exit, or it may be give you the message that the option file is incompatible with you edit.bin. It all depends if the OF maker created it from day one , before the first DP and just updated it after each DP, or if he started OF creation on a date after the DPs were out.
KONAMi’s pes database structure in its archaic form, has some good shortcuts but also some nerve-breaking limitations. It is usually like you play roulette.

You can either find an early build OF, or try a new one, but it is clearly a lottery. It may work with just some empty spots in the team rosters, which vanish once you enter the team menu and exit, or it may be give you the message that the option file is incompatible with you edit.bin. It all depends if the OF maker created it from day one , before the first DP and just updated it after each DP, or if he started OF creation on a date after the DPs were out.
KONAMi’s pes database structure in its archaic form, has some good shortcuts but also some nerve-breaking limitations. It is usually like you play roulette.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, when I click on "import/export" in the edit menu on my PS4 PES I get this msg :

"in order to use this function you will need to connect to PSN and check there are no user generated media restrictions for your Sony Entertainment Network account.

Connect to your PSN and check the current settings for Sub Account Management"

I created a child account on the PS4 a while ago on an older PES so that player 2 could use the edited kits. Have tried disabling "system restrictions" on both accounts and stil get the same message.

Not sure what to try next. If no solution I will just play the non-updated game without the real kits.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, when I click on "import/export" in the edit menu on my PS4 PES I get this msg :

"in order to use this function you will need to connect to PSN and check there are no user generated media restrictions for your Sony Entertainment Network account.

Connect to your PSN and check the current settings for Sub Account Management"

I created a child account on the PS4 a while ago on an older PES so that player 2 could use the edited kits. Have tried disabling "system restrictions" on both accounts and stil get the same message.

Not sure what to try next. If no solution I will just play the non-updated game without the real kits.
It used to work if you choose "allow kid account use generated media etc, etc" but it was changed after a PS update by SONY. You can simply create a new ps account and add it as second, it will work.

It used to work if you choose "allow kid account use generated media etc, etc" but it was changed after a PS update by SONY. You can simply create a new ps account and add it as second, it will work.

aye caramba. spent over an hour - going round in circles.

i created a new sub (child) account.
tried import/export - same message popup.

i don't see where the option to "allow to use generated media" is. i look on the master account "Accnt Management" and "Parental controls/Famil Management"- nothing. i look on child account - nothing.

any ideas?

(i think its all this tinkering about with pes that badly affects my opinion of the game - even if its a decent game to play , i'll end up hating it for small things like this)

anyways i'll maybe look into it again tomorrow. won't let this game stress me out before bed any more.

aye caramba. spent over an hour - going round in circles.

i created a new sub (child) account.
tried import/export - same message popup.

i don't see where the option to "allow to use generated media" is. i look on the master account "Accnt Management" and "Parental controls/Famil Management"- nothing. i look on child account - nothing.

any ideas?

(i think its all this tinkering about with pes that badly affects my opinion of the game - even if its a decent game to play , i'll end up hating it for small things like this)

anyways i'll maybe look into it again tomorrow. won't let this game stress me out before bed any more.
No, no do not waste your time with child account. Create a brand new ps account with different e-mail etc.It worked for me. I Created a new Gmail account, and with this gmail i created a new PS account as i was a real "new second person", i signed in this new ps account in my console and it worked.The child account trick doesn't work for sure since some update of ps4 system software.

Last edited:

slamsoze. there is already an existing second PSN account on the PS4 which brings up the same popup …. but it sounds like your solution works if I create a NEW account. (edit : i have not done this yet but wanted to know the answer to the following question before i did.....)

if I have success importing on the new account, do you know if I would see the edited kits/badges on my ORIGINAL EXISTING account?

i assume the answer would be no (please correct me if i'm wrong).

thanks.

Last edited:
slamsoze. there is already an existing second PSN account on the PS4 which brings up the same popup …. but it sounds like your solution works if I create a NEW account. (edit : i have not done this yet but wanted to know the answer to the following question before i did.....)

if I have success importing on the new account, do you know if I would see the edited kits/badges on my ORIGINAL EXISTING account?

i assume the answer would be no (please correct me if i'm wrong).

thanks.
It confuses a little bit that you already have a second PSN account. I will tell you what i did with detailed steps and how i played 2-player game (with 2 controllers), 1vs1 and 2vsCPU coop Master LEague with my best mate and my Option File from my first account was working normally.

1) I had a normal PSN main account with PS+ etc, etc. I had my option file on this account.

2) I created a new e-mail address

3) I created a new PSN account with the e-mail from step 2 and WITHOUT any PS+.

4) I registered my second PSN account on my PS4 console, where my main account was the above from step 1.

5) I signed-in with my FIRST account and i made all the settings, IIRC they were on page 9 or 10 of my main account, about allow other account to access shared images generated data etc, etc.

6) I signed-in with my SECOND account, launched PES 2018/2019 and i navigated through the initial pages of the game, where you press " I ACCEPT" to the terms of use (I THINK THIS IS OPTIONAL).

7) I went in edit mode did some change for the shake of change and then save and exit , just to create edit.data (THIS IS EXTRA OPTIONAL TOO)

8) Went back with PS button and pressed PS button from my other controller and signed in with my FIRST ACCOUNT

9) I had the blue LED on my first controller with the MAIN account.

10) Pressed the second controller to launch and picked the SECOND profile, giving me the red LED on it.

11) Launched PES 2018/2019 from my MAIN-FIRST account and in the select sides screen it had both controller with respective accounts. I progressed and it worked normally, no pop-ups not anything. The game played normally with 2 controllers assigned to two different accounts and my Option FILE from the first account was working completely, kits, emblems, team names etc. Not pop-up at all.

I think i did some steps that were n't needed, but i had done a lot google search about this back on that time.

P.S.: Avoid to import the same OF of your 1st account to your 2nd one, cause it is pointless, it does n;t help at all, it does not work and most important you will fill your PES images memory space, which is already limited.

Last edited:
It confuses a little bit that you already have a second PSN account. I will tell you what i did with detailed steps and how i played 2-player game (with 2 controllers), 1vs1 and 2vsCPU coop Master LEague with my best mate and my Option File from my first account was working normally.

1) I had a normal PSN main account with PS+ etc, etc. I had my option file on this account.

2) I created a new e-mail address

3) I created a new PSN account with the e-mail from step 2 and WITHOUT any PS+.

4) I registered my second PSN account on my PS4 console, where my main account was the above from step 1.

5) I signed-in with my FIRST account and i made all the settings, IIRC they were on page 9 or 10 of my main account, about allow other account to access shared images generated data etc, etc.

6) I signed-in with my SECOND account, launched PES 2018/2019 and i navigated through the initial pages of the game, where you press " I ACCEPT" to the terms of use (I THINK THIS IS OPTIONAL).

7) I went in edit mode did some change for the shake of change and then save and exit , just to create edit.data (THIS IS EXTRA OPTIONAL TOO)

8) Went back with PS button and pressed PS button from my other controller and signed in with my FIRST ACCOUNT

9) I had the blue LED on my first controller with the MAIN account.

10) Pressed the second controller to launch and picked the SECOND profile, giving me the red LED on it.

11) Launched PES 2018/2019 from my MAIN-FIRST account and in the select sides screen it had both controller with respective accounts. I progressed and it worked normally, no pop-ups not anything. The game played normally with 2 controllers assigned to two different accounts and my Option FILE from the first account was working completely, kits, emblems, team names etc. Not pop-up at all.

I think i did some steps that were n't needed, but i had done a lot google search about this back on that time.

P.S.: Avoid to import the same OF of your 1st account to your 2nd one, cause it is pointless, it does n;t help at all, it does not work and most important you will fill your PES images memory space, which is already limited.

:SHOCK:

(I'll try give that a shot when i get some decent time - maybe by the weekend if I can. Thanks)

Last edited:
Tried a few games on Pes 19 last night.
TP 20 min PA1 (PAO is rubbish when it comes to defending/responsiveness)
And I had three very good games.
Loads of fouls,but this game doesn't promote defending at all.
Don't think I've played a game worse in that field.

Anyway playing The Scottish PL as Rangers.
And it's quite fun atm,coming from Pes 18 mainly I see a lot of good things Vs that game,and it's not as dull as it was before all patched up.

I know sometimes people in the main Pes thread (currently Pes 20 demo) state that there's hardly any difference between 15-16-17-18-19.
I think they're all very different games,haven't played 17 in a while and got hammered the other day since I played it like I play Pes 18.
I'm really starting to look fw to the full release of Pes 20

slam. can you explain what you mean by page 9 or 10, please? i cannot locate this setting re access shared images. thanks

slam. can you explain what you mean by page 9 or 10, please? i cannot locate this setting re access shared images. thanks
HEy dude, checked my settings, it is not page, i think it is parental control level set to LEVEL 9.

In my ML campaign now, i still play some matches until full 2020 is out, still trying to make this game worth a little bit its value. I was in my EURO-super league, where my nerves broke down after some random results, beating Bayern and BvB and then loosing 2-4 from the last team of the table, so in my second season, in the winter transfer window, i moved to Livingston. I have no clue of the Scottish premier teams, my Livingston is 1,5 star OPR and in the Club ranking it is last, only above the Thai clubs. What i saw from he first 2-3 matches, is like i said when i played to ligue 2, that in the leagues with so low teams, below 2*-3* OPR, the games are more enjoyable, there are also some random moments or crazy CPU momentum , but the general gameplay flow is more slow and more realistic. I scrapped a draw 1-1 against St. Johnstone!!!, where the CPU clearly watered me down, but i really celebrated the equalizing goal on injury time. I don't remember the last time i celebrated a goal on my games!

HEy dude, checked my settings, it is not page, i think it is parental control level set to LEVEL 9.

In my ML campaign now, i still play some matches until full 2020 is out, still trying to make this game worth a little bit its value. I was in my EURO-super league, where my nerves broke down after some random results, beating Bayern and BvB and then loosing 2-4 from the last team of the table, so in my second season, in the winter transfer window, i moved to Livingston. I have no clue of the Scottish premier teams, my Livingston is 1,5 star OPR and in the Club ranking it is last, only above the Thai clubs. What i saw from he first 2-3 matches, is like i said when i played to ligue 2, that in the leagues with so low teams, below 2*-3* OPR, the games are more enjoyable, there are also some random moments or crazy CPU momentum , but the general gameplay flow is more slow and more realistic. I scrapped a draw 1-1 against St. Johnstone!!!, where the CPU clearly watered me down, but i really celebrated the equalizing goal on injury time. I don't remember the last time i celebrated a goal on my games!

I just now completed my first ever season in ML (default line up). I came last.

W6 / D7 / L33 / F45 / A96 / GD -51

And I actually LIKE IT.

There was an announcement a couple of games ago that I'd finally ended a 10 game streak. Not sure if this actually helps my game but in the few games since I saw less of these last minute goals against me.

The great thing is that if I ever score it means more because the expectation is to lose/not score.

ALso, the game is not so more-ish and non-addictive like this. I lose my games, I switch off but I still got my PES fix in one game which is a far far shout from what MyClub did to me for a few years!

Keep up the ML!

Finished my season with Livingston. Ended up 4th, they were 10th when I joined club midseason. The owners main objective was finish 9th. And here starts the crazy KONAMi magic.
I finished 5th in regular season . In TopSIX playoffs Celtic was 19 points ahead of me, so by mathematics it was impossible to finish first, as 5 matches x 3 wins = 15 POints at best. Despite mathematics the owner asked me to finish 1st. I will ignore the fact that he was asking a 9th place before and now asks spoiled shit. I finished 4th in topsix earnig a EUropa league ticked for next season.
In summer I lost in CooaAmerica semifinals in PK from Argentina due to bad management. I was 2-2 and saved my subs for extra time, but Copa America has straight PK after 90 minutes draw. Of course the AI cheated its ass in pk catching 4 of me, I caught 3 and conceding the last so I lost 1-2 in pk.

So starring my third season, second in Livingston, and while we are almost bankrupt , this crazy biatch owner sets two yearly missions. Quality to TopSIX which is easy and Finish 1st, win the league!!!FFS dude until last year your hope was to finish 9th. And while my team got from 1.5* to 3*, we still need money which don’t come from nowhere. The offers I get for my youth prospects are for laughs.The problem is 2 of my core players are loanies and I don’t have the money to keep them.
I hope in 2020 KoNAMi will fix at least this crap. Or else what’s the point of watching a cinematic where the club owner will just ask you crazy asspull objectives and missions.

Finished my season with Livingston. Ended up 4th, they were 10th when I joined club midseason. The owners main objective was finish 9th. And here starts the crazy KONAMi magic.
I finished 5th in regular season . In TopSIX playoffs Celtic was 19 points ahead of me, so by mathematics it was impossible to finish first, as 5 matches x 3 wins = 15 POints at best. Despite mathematics the owner asked me to finish 1st. I will ignore the fact that he was asking a 9th place before and now asks spoiled shit. I finished 4th in topsix earnig a EUropa league ticked for next season.
In summer I lost in CooaAmerica semifinals in PK from Argentina due to bad management. I was 2-2 and saved my subs for extra time, but Copa America has straight PK after 90 minutes draw. Of course the AI cheated its ass in pk catching 4 of me, I caught 3 and conceding the last so I lost 1-2 in pk.

So starring my third season, second in Livingston, and while we are almost bankrupt , this crazy biatch owner sets two yearly missions. Quality to TopSIX which is easy and Finish 1st, win the league!!!FFS dude until last year your hope was to finish 9th. And while my team got from 1.5* to 3*, we still need money which don’t come from nowhere. The offers I get for my youth prospects are for laughs.The problem is 2 of my core players are loanies and I don’t have the money to keep them.
I hope in 2020 KoNAMi will fix at least this crap. Or else what’s the point of watching a cinematic where the club owner will just ask you crazy asspull objectives and missions.

Thats not that crazy in Scottish Football!

You are correct about the lesser leagues playing a better game. They dont seem as Overpowered as say Seria A. I tried Belgian League and keeping my Team Spirit to 60s . The games were very enjoyable, lots of hard fought matches 1-1 ,1-2 2-0 etc and scoring a goal was a real sense of achievement and felt great as your players arent super boosted Ronaldo like.
This was good until the high team spirit of my opponents obviously kicked in after about 15 matches and they started destroying me with ridiculous precision 4-0 5-0 etc. I hope they bin this TS bullshit in 2020 ML.
Defending is crap in this game and i think its one of the major flaws in pes19 .
Anyway traded in pes19 today and pre ordered PES2020 eFootball or whatever its called. I must be a mug ! Sounds really promising this year though.
Will have to play pes13 on ps3 meanwhile. What a blast that game is. Its just feels like you are in 100% control of your players and the scripting is so much more toned down and realistic . Graphically it is worse than i remembered, at the time it came out i thought it was great but it looks realy ropey these day. However the game is Fun Fun Fun. Even losing a goal you feel like 'yeh i could have done better there' not the hopeless feeling PES19 gives you.

Thats not that crazy in Scottish Football!

You are correct about the lesser leagues playing a better game. They dont seem as Overpowered as say Seria A. I tried Belgian League and keeping my Team Spirit to 60s . The games were very enjoyable, lots of hard fought matches 1-1 ,1-2 2-0 etc and scoring a goal was a real sense of achievement and felt great as your players arent super boosted Ronaldo like.
This was good until the high team spirit of my opponents obviously kicked in after about 15 matches and they started destroying me with ridiculous precision 4-0 5-0 etc. I hope they bin this TS bullshit in 2020 ML.
Defending is crap in this game and i think its one of the major flaws in pes19 .
Anyway traded in pes19 today and pre ordered PES2020 eFootball or whatever its called. I must be a mug ! Sounds really promising this year though.
Will have to play pes13 on ps3 meanwhile. What a blast that game is. Its just feels like you are in 100% control of your players and the scripting is so much more toned down and realistic . Graphically it is worse than i remembered, at the time it came out i thought it was great but it looks realy ropey these day. However the game is Fun Fun Fun. Even losing a goal you feel like 'yeh i could have done better there' not the hopeless feeling PES19 gives you.
Yes maybe not crazy. Two Greek FC owners have declared they wanted to go to CL final. Back then it sounded crazy, now it is just ridiculous.
I am saying this cause as the Europa League started my owner set the mission “To reach the EL final”!!!!!!!! I think this is crazy even for a Scottish club ,that was far away from SPL top ten in my first season in ML and while in real life, in their modern history , according to Wikipedia, they have played only once in UEFA Cup 2002-03, going up to First round and loosing to Sturm Gratz.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livingston_F.C.
This is OP crazy!!! :D

lost yet another ML match 3-0 to notts.

Nah...this is pointless. putting 2019 in the virtual bin and will see if 2017 can give me some love.

Edit :ah well. looks like I've got a no-win streak on 2017 too. and I just blasted the ball wide at an open goal. football equivalent of dark souls.

Last edited:
did anyone play MyClub 2019 vs CPU this year? any good?

I think I'll try this later today.
This year I went all vsCPU in MC, due to various reasons.

The first comes first problem of the mode vsCOM is that it is pretty shallow with lack of depth. I mean during the course of year, for a player who is interested only in collecting “cards” and managing clubs finances like me (contract s and GP), the only interesting staff you can do during a week was do the weekly mission campaign, which was one or two games at best , on regular and professional difficulty and after this only the blatant vsCOM match that levels up the difficulty wvery five wins. After all these almost nothing can CPU.
While IMHO it should give you the ability to play from a simple custom league or KONAMi cup vsCOM, using cloud teams, or even better, imagine you can set up a whole master league system inside MyCLUB, where you can play against cloud teams of other users , or original clubs COM controlled and in the same time acquire players with the usual MyClub spins, which means there is still the dynamics to spend GP and coins. I mean there is a whole ocean of possibility and they still limit you to 2-3 games weekly.

Except for the above, regarding challenging, once you start taking your OP players, me only from the logins and the vsCOM campaigns, I collected around 20 OP features players and 50 simple Black Ball players, and since your TS hits the 90’s which grows faster on MC than on ML, you will find easy up to TP , a little bit challenging on SS and ultra cheating on Legend.
The problem is again , that you can play these levels only in the vsCOM exhibition game.

In conclusion now that the 19 season is finished, there is not any interesting staff to do in MyClub vsCOM. Only if you are not bored of playing the same flat exhibition match.

PS: regarding the difficulty, there is of course always some type of script, but it is not as disgusting as ML. Example , in the rookie campaign in the first week, last year, there was a 3-stage knock out tourney. quarter-semi-final. The levels were Amateur-Regular-Professional. In the first game that was quarter final in Amateur mode, CPU went 3-3!!! And I won 5-3 in extra time. MArk here that I have not played vs Amateur level since PES 3 (2004). Although the game was hArd scripted and the Amateur com was cynical scoring 3on3, I equalized and came back. The next game semifinal was a little bit easier although Regular, I won 3-1 . On final against a professional level Liverpool which I waited to be a tough battle, I won 4-0 easily. Script overrides the game levels in the previous two stages. The rest games during year on professional were not a challenge to be honest.I lost only very few games due to low TeamSpirit or while using very bad white ball players for the first time.

Imagine that on ML I play strictly TopPlayer and above.So professional was not a problem for me.

Sorry for the long post, I pretty much describe you my MC season from last August since MAy. I believe that in today’s MC 2019, vsCOM there is almost nothing to do.

Last edited:
I tried MC as well,it's not for me.
For me it is only as a spin-off. Like a mobile phone rpg game. Login, take the daily bonus, do 5-10 missions and manage your economy. And collect players/monsters/cards/Pokémon/whatevs you like. Also grind a little bit to level up and that’s all.
It cannot replace ML for a footy fix of course!

Also @Alx1234 forgot to mention , although BB players are very common, my favorite best squad, was a 3-star squad , containing many white and silver balls like Nonoca and Neto Moura, who I use also in ML and 2 or 3 golden balls.

@slamsoze I dabbled around it last year,had tons of points/coins but it never spoke to me,same with ultimate team (which is a bit more addictive).
Not really for me,mainly because I don't understand it,where do I start,get a great manager and agent so I can get better players etc.
Really strange set-up (for me)

This year I went all vsCPU in MC, due to various reasons.

The first comes first problem of the mode vsCOM is that it is pretty shallow with lack of depth. I mean during the course of year, for a player who is interested only in collecting “cards” and managing clubs finances like me (contract s and GP), the only interesting staff you can do during a week was do the weekly mission campaign, which was one or two games at best , on regular and professional difficulty and after this only the blatant vsCOM match that levels up the difficulty wvery five wins. After all these almost nothing can CPU.
While IMHO it should give you the ability to play from a simple custom league or KONAMi cup vsCOM, using cloud teams, or even better, imagine you can set up a whole master league system inside MyCLUB, where you can play against cloud teams of other users , or original clubs COM controlled and in the same time acquire players with the usual MyClub spins, which means there is still the dynamics to spend GP and coins. I mean there is a whole ocean of possibility and they still limit you to 2-3 games weekly.

Except for the above, regarding challenging, once you start taking your OP players, me only from the logins and the vsCOM campaigns, I collected around 20 OP features players and 50 simple Black Ball players, and since your TS hits the 90’s which grows faster on MC than on ML, you will find easy up to TP , a little bit challenging on SS and ultra cheating on Legend.
The problem is again , that you can play these levels only in the vsCOM exhibition game.

In conclusion now that the 19 season is finished, there is not any interesting staff to do in MyClub vsCOM. Only if you are not bored of playing the same flat exhibition match.

PS: regarding the difficulty, there is of course always some type of script, but it is not as disgusting as ML. Example , in the rookie campaign in the first week, last year, there was a 3-stage knock out tourney. quarter-semi-final. The levels were Amateur-Regular-Professional. In the first game that was quarter final in Amateur mode, CPU went 3-3!!! And I won 5-3 in extra time. MArk here that I have not played vs Amateur level since PES 3 (2004). Although the game was hArd scripted and the Amateur com was cynical scoring 3on3, I equalized and came back. The next game semifinal was a little bit easier although Regular, I won 3-1 . On final against a professional level Liverpool which I waited to be a tough battle, I won 4-0 easily. Script overrides the game levels in the previous two stages. The rest games during year on professional were not a challenge to be honest.I lost only very few games due to low TeamSpirit or while using very bad white ball players for the first time.

Imagine that on ML I play strictly TopPlayer and above.So professional was not a problem for me.

Sorry for the long post, I pretty much describe you my MC season from last August since MAy. I believe that in today’s MC 2019, vsCOM there is almost nothing to do.

Mate you are an encyclopedia of PES knowledge - I love it and you are helping me immensely because my past addiction makes my mind picture all the possibilities of MyClub but it sounds like the potential remains unrealised.

If MyClub is what konami want us to play I was thinking perhaps they'd improved the mode last year and possibly playing vs COM would be the answer to ML. If done right, it could be fantastic!

But the dream stops there and its good to read your post. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom