PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Forgot I had this still in a cupboard, tried it and it had an update due . Played a game and really enjoyed it - the AI is much more varied even on professional level rashford hit a dippng shot from 25 yards off the bar

To be honest i always have to go back until PES2013 to find anything that plays remotely like football(across the board). Yes keepers, ball physics, dribbling, playerweight evolved since but the rest...

Forgot I had this still in a cupboard, tried it and it had an update due . Played a game and really enjoyed it - the AI is much more varied even on professional level rashford hit a dippng shot from 25 yards off the bar
I was surprised it plays so well.
Started off on professional for my League mode,that difficulty is really fun.
I'm on TP now though,a lot tougher but still enjoyable.

So buy this game for 10 bucks on xbox one. Add the Klashman tactics on the serie A and big European Clubs, removed deep defensive line on a lot of clubs. Starting a Master League on top player with Napoli. Totally enjoy it, a lot more then Pes 2020. Score a nice header with Milik, and 1 nice low shots outside the box with Mertens. More fouls then Pes 2018, but less then 2017. Fysicallity is somewhere between Pes 2017 and Pes 2018. Plays a lot better then I can remember when I play a couple of games at the beginning of the release. Why people find this game so bad? Strange thing is I only have this fun in Master League, league mode doesn't play very interesting for me. There is happening more in the MasterLeague, I know it is scripting but I've noticed scripting in the highly praised Pes 2017 as well.
It also plays better then Pes 2020 where I've the idea that the ai isn't makes for offline gameplay any more (more passive).

Last edited:
So buy this game for 10 bucks on xbox one. Add the Klashman tactics on the serie A and big European Clubs, removed deep defensive line on a lot of clubs. Starting a Master League on top player with Napoli. Totally enjoy it, a lot more then Pes 2020. Score a nice header with Milik, and 1 nice low shots outside the box with Mertens. More fouls then Pes 2018, but less then 2017. Fysicallity is somewhere between Pes 2017 and Pes 2018. Plays a lot better then I can remember when I play a couple of games at the beginning of the release. Why people find this game so bad? Strange thing is I only have this fun in Master League, league mode doesn't play very interesting for me. There is happening more in the MasterLeague, I know it is scripting but I've noticed scripting in the highly praised Pes 2017 as well.
It also plays better then Pes 2020 where I've the idea that the ai isn't makes for offline gameplay any more (more passive).
Agree on 19 Vs 20 being better.
Also ML is more fun than League mode,though it's less scripted.

Agree on 19 Vs 20 being better.
Also ML is more fun than League mode,though it's less scripted.
Got to say, I've reinstalled 2019 and I'm amazed at how varied it feels compared to 2020, as @hitmanuk has said too (a guy who was loving 2020 up to a couple of weeks ago).

Sometimes the AI presses, sometimes they fall back. Sometimes they play long balls, sometimes they keep possession. That alone makes it better than 2020 IMO, which just feels like the same match every time (but that's because the AI is the #1 factor to me - I realise the collision system is worse etc.).

PES used to be all about "no two games are the same". This year they've gone back on that (along with other things they've always done best) to try and chase FIFA's core audience.

Saying that, I've gone on a PES spree and played all the PES games I have this weekend, from PES3 to 2020. Even my old favourite 2017, I can't play it and enjoy it now - it's so fast and consists entirely of counter-attacks. My (second) old favourite 2013 gives me the same feeling.

Other than those really old games with half the freedom and half the variables (e.g. WE9LE), which still play so well (wonderfully balanced) - it's only 2014 that feels like a sim-oriented game to me. I can take the downsides (though I can't help but miss the graphics, hence me persisting to try and enjoy the modern games)...

Genuine question as this establishes as a trend the last years.

I am playing 2019 ML the last two months, I cannot see what people say here, but I have faith in you and believe that if I get deep I may see it too

My question is: Is PES 2019 really better than 2020, or it is 2020 that is worse than 2019?

I mean, one of two games: is the better? or the less broken?

Got to say, I've reinstalled 2019 and I'm amazed at how varied it feels compared to 2020, as @hitmanuk has said too (a guy who was loving 2020 up to a couple of weeks ago).

Sometimes the AI presses, sometimes they fall back. Sometimes they play long balls, sometimes they keep possession. That alone makes it better than 2020 IMO, which just feels like the same match every time (but that's because the AI is the #1 factor to me - I realise the collision system is worse etc.).

PES used to be all about "no two games are the same". This year they've gone back on that (along with other things they've always done best) to try and chase FIFA's core audience.

Saying that, I've gone on a PES spree and played all the PES games I have this weekend, from PES3 to 2020. Even my old favourite 2017, I can't play it and enjoy it now - it's so fast and consists entirely of counter-attacks. My (second) old favourite 2013 gives me the same feeling.

Other than those really old games with half the freedom and half the variables (e.g. WE9LE), which still play so well (wonderfully balanced) - it's only 2014 that feels like a sim-oriented game to me. I can take the downsides (though I can't help but miss the graphics, hence me persisting to try and enjoy the modern games)...
Yeah I'm on the fence on every game pretty much,right now it's Pes 19 and 14 for me.
Doesn't matter if the graphics are shit,still plays good enough

Genuine question as this establishes as a trend the last years.

I am playing 2019 ML the last two months, I cannot see what people say here, but I have faith in you and believe that if I get deep I may see it too

My question is: Is PES 2019 really better than 2020, or it is 2020 that is worse than 2019?

I mean, one of two games: is the better? or the less broken?
Great question,I guess Pes 20 is worse would be the right answer.
I'm having a good time playing 19,but that's in league mode without TS and other things making it a chore

I think Pes 20 was better than others but since Xmas has gradually become worse AI wise . I wondered if going back to 19 was a placebo thing but it's not after a weekend playing . I get more everything Inc fouls , which in 20 was going the right way with a few reds and pens but that since dried up 2 patches ago

Stepped up to TP (PA1 20 m) for my SPAL league mode, and my game Vs Sassuolo played pretty hassle free,I know I'd lose it if I played the same game on ML,but here players are reacting properly,you can steal the ball,you win 50/50 battles,you don't get bullied off the ball etc.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing and playing
2-2 draw at home and I managed to sneak in a header from a free kick in the 87th minute.

Btw @normazimuth heading is way better on TP and PA1 than on PA1 and professional
Isn't heading pretty bad on 20?
Remember playing PA0 there and I couldn't head for shit!

Liking this game alot!

I did finally reinstall this a few days ago and ironically, scored a header in each of my first two matches - perhaps the later patches addressed this? It does seem to play a more consistent game than 2020, which has become quite a bizarre shambles after the latest patch.

I did finally reinstall this a few days ago and ironically, scored a header in each of my first two matches - perhaps the later patches addressed this? It does seem to play a more consistent game than 2020, which has become quite a bizarre shambles after the latest patch.
I played 20 from day one,liked it ,buy every patch made it worse.
I rather play Pes 19 now.
Still tough to head on pro level though,much easier on TP and above.
Acctually starting a ML
Wish me luck...

Even played the international cup in my newly started ML
My TS is at 75-78 from the start,hell of a difference from my previous 45-60

Still having fun in my ML,had a few moments my first two games when the CPU scored on me immediately after I've scored.
Had a few more moments where that could have happened,but going down to maximum D level has effectively stopped that from happening again.

Setting up the game with proper tactics have helped a lot,really enjoying it

First two trophies are in on my new ML.
International Champions Cup
(Which I never play normally but felt good getting to know players)
Supercoppa Italia (1-0 Vs Juventus)

Now the real thing begins.
Kinda sucks with only one divisions.
But if this holds up I might do a restart and transfer PL in to Serie A and then The championship to Serie B.

First game of my ML,I beat Udinese very comfortable (too comfortable) with 3-0.at home with my Milan.
But I also know if I change difficulty/PA because of it,next game could be twice as tough as expected due to scripting/home advantage etc,so I'm keeping my settings for a few games

But I really enjoyed this

What level you´re playing on Rock?

Tried it today, and it does feel better than 2020, seemed more compact on midfield and it also seemed a tad more responsive while defending. I´m just not a fan of the "catch up" syndrome it´s giving me right now, but to be fair it´s not overpowered.

What level you´re playing on Rock?

Tried it today, and it does feel better than 2020, seemed more compact on midfield and it also seemed a tad more responsive while defending. I´m just not a fan of the "catch up" syndrome it´s giving me right now, but to be fair it´s not overpowered.
I'm pending between Professional PA0 and TP PA1.
I think professional PA0 feels the best overall,though TP PA1 is much more responsive on D

I've strayed off football games lately so professional feels pretty good to me.
Though I dominated first game Vs Udinese,i had a tough time breaking down Frosinones 5-3-2 defense.
Won in the end 3-0,last two goals were 80 min + and they created 3-4 good chances on me,so a tight game.

Which team are you playing and hows your TS?
And have you set up the game with @klashman69 tactics? (Makes A huge difference)

So far the scripting has been ok,mainly my players being sluggish and the CPU getting sharper,I've had that under control.
So I'm really enjoying it

I picked an old save with Hudersfiled. Currently finished on 7th place and I´m now moving to Tottenham to start a new challenge.
I´m on Xbox so I don´t have the patience to edit all the teams tactics with Klashman´s. Shame on me lol.

Still, it´s a much better balanced game. TP gives me the challenge without too much frustration.

Defending is easier at times, an pace is not as important as in 2020. We actually have to build. I love how the ball feels free sometimes. On 2020 it seems like it´s glued to player's feet, and like it has a scripted trajectory all the time.

Also, sometimes the ball drops free on the box, leading to unexpected moments, something I don´t remember happening on 2020. It has it's problems, but way more balanced wich I like.

I picked an old save with Hudersfiled. Currently finished on 7th place and I´m now moving to Tottenham to start a new challenge.
I´m on Xbox so I don´t have the patience to edit all the teams tactics with Klashman´s. Shame on me lol.

Still, it´s a much better balanced game. TP gives me the challenge without too much frustration.

Defending is easier at times, an pace is not as important as in 2020. We actually have to build. I love how the ball feels free sometimes. On 2020 it seems like it´s glued to player's feet, and like it has a scripted trajectory all the time.

Also, sometimes the ball drops free on the box, leading to unexpected moments, something I don´t remember happening on 2020. It has it's problems, but way more balanced wich I like.
Totally agree!
Me being on xboX as well took an hours or so to do Serie A.

Yeah,also It's more ebbs and flows to this game,CPU defends,but suddenly attacks etc,instead of being static and just defend or just attacks.

Ball physics and looks of this game is so good,plus the dribbling...

So decided to go for Pes 19 as my main game from now on,along with Pes 14 on my 360.

My decisions for it.
CPU AI
Being much more life-like than Pes 20,they can defend for long spells then attack,a very worn out word,more "organic" than Pes 20.
Compared to Pes 18 positioning is way better.
Almost feel embarrassed when I claimed that Pes 18 were a better game than 19 in a discussion a year ago or so with @Matt10 .
So to me CPU are good enough for me to enjoy.

Looks
This game looks spectacular.
Much better IMO than Pes 20,and 18 too.

Ball physics are really good in this one,plus the amazing dribbling,just like Pes 18s dribbling.
Never liked or got the hang of 20s system

Ive played enough games on my current ML to see that the game holds upp
Been eager to get a Serie A ML going with Milan for some time now,maybe tonight's brilliant 4-2 win over juve merda was a sign to get going?

And I'll go all in.
Will swap PL and Serie A,and make a Serie B out of The championship.
Let them
Shout out to editing aficionado @Flipper the Priest
Got sum luvly editing to do !

Looking fw to playing this game for sure.
Can't understand what went wrong with it last year,at the start it was complete rubbish,but after that?

Last edited:
Yeah, whilst PES18 is still my favourite, it does have some serious issues and player positioning is, at times, probably worse than any other PES. wtf is with the habit of players deserting the middle of the pitch and gathering at the wings, despite my tactics telling them to do the opposite! In normal switching-cursor, I definitely prefer 19 and 20 over 18.

But I prefer PES using fixed-cursor and PES19 and 20 are definitely the worst for that. The team-mate AI is chronically bad at times. I've also been going back to 14 and 15 and playing fixed cursor on them and they're pretty good. It seems to be at 19 that Konami have broken it. I haven't tried 16 yet but am looking forward to giving it a go - I can't remember playing it at all.

I just wish I could fix the issues with 18 as it has so much going for it.

So decided to go for Pes 19 as my main game from now on,along with Pes 14 on my 360.

My decisions for it.
CPU AI
Being much more life-like than Pes 20,they can defend for long spells then attack,a very worn out word,more "organic" than Pes 20.
Compared to Pes 18 positioning is way better.
Almost feel embarrassed when I claimed that Pes 18 were a better game than 19 in a discussion a year ago or so with @Matt10 .
So to me CPU are good enough for me to enjoy.

Looks
This game looks spectacular.
Much better IMO than Pes 20,and 18 too.

Ball physics are really good in this one,plus the amazing dribbling,just like Pes 18s dribbling.
Never liked or got the hang of 20s system

Ive played enough games on my current ML to see that the game holds upp
Been eager to get a Serie A ML going with Milan for some time now,maybe tonight's brilliant 4-2 win over juve merda was a sign to get going?

And I'll go all in.
Will swap PL and Serie A,and make a Serie B out of The championship.
Let them
Shout out to editing aficionado @Flipper the Priest
Got sum luvly editing to do !

Looking fw to playing this game for sure.
Can't understand what went wrong with it last year,at the start it was complete rubbish,but after that?

I had been playing PES 19 on my PS4. Everything was great in kick-off, but once I was in my ML or League, it just felt on rails again. I was considering playing manual again though to see how it played. Glad to hear there are still PES versions that can be revisited though.

I had been playing PES 19 on my PS4. Everything was great in kick-off, but once I was in my ML or League, it just felt on rails again. I was considering playing manual again though to see how it played. Glad to hear there are still PES versions that can be revisited though.
Yeah I'm on PAO for this one and it's pretty good,having a hard time liking Pes 20 atm (console)

I´m on TP and PA1 and I´m loving the fact that matches are diferent from each other. CPU really seems to have some identity.
I played today against Jordania, World Cup group match, and they played very well, but missed all clear oportunities while I scored every single chance I had. 6-0 final result.

Next was Brasil, and even though I was already qualified for the next fase, the game was very tight. Brasil was very hard to stop, but in the end, they won the match 2-0 because of two silly mistakes and errors from the GK. I dominated the rest of the match but Ronaldo was in a bad day, and couldn´t beat the keeper.

It´s like there´s so much more random events compared to 2020. I dare to say it´s miles ahead on that regard. On PES 2020, I have nearly 3 types of match:
1- game is tight but I´m able to score first, then CPU goes full attack and I score a couple more because they´re defense simply stops playing.
2 - game is tight but CPU scores the "here we go again" goal and then defends with 11 players, making it impossible to score.
3 - I totally dominate the match, 20 chances, 10 on goal, but the ball simply won´t go inside the goal, no matter what. CPU might win or draw, but the story of the match is just that.

I´m on TP and PA1 and I´m loving the fact that matches are diferent from each other. CPU really seems to have some identity.
I played today against Jordania, World Cup group match, and they played very well, but missed all clear oportunities while I scored every single chance I had. 6-0 final result.

Next was Brasil, and even though I was already qualified for the next fase, the game was very tight. Brasil was very hard to stop, but in the end, they won the match 2-0 because of two silly mistakes and errors from the GK. I dominated the rest of the match but Ronaldo was in a bad day, and couldn´t beat the keeper.

It´s like there´s so much more random events compared to 2020. I dare to say it´s miles ahead on that regard. On PES 2020, I have nearly 3 types of match:
1- game is tight but I´m able to score first, then CPU goes full attack and I score a couple more because they´re defense simply stops playing.
2 - game is tight but CPU scores the "here we go again" goal and then defends with 11 players, making it impossible to score.
3 - I totally dominate the match, 20 chances, 10 on goal, but the ball simply won´t go inside the goal, no matter what. CPU might win or draw, but the story of the match is just that.
Totally agree.
I see much more variation from both the CPU on Def and offense
Much more random,it's not three types of games,I've had games on 19 that has pretty much three different one's in one game.

And I've gone ahead in most of my games in my "test ML" and being able to controll the comeback ai pretty well by going max defense level,though CPU has created some chances straight after kick-off,I've been able to control 9/10.

I restarted my Milan ML,moved teams from Serie A to PL,and made a Serie BKT og the championship.

Won pre season tournament,then a 1-0 win Vs Juventus in the Italian Super cup.

First Serie A game,at home Vs Udinese.
This happened!
Hardly remember how to do it

Really liking this game buddy.
Also TP PA1 (and PAO off and on) 20 min

Yep, two days playing and I´ve seen all kinds of things. In the ML world cup, against France, Griezman goes inside the box, and hits the ground when I tackle him. Referee whistles, and I thought to myself "NOOOO, that´s not a foul!!! Or is it?..." Referee then awards a yellow card to Griezman for diving. Amazing stuff.

Next game against Argentina, Ronaldo is in the box, and wins a penalty from a late challenge, wich I score.

I´ve seen more stuff on these two matches than on a complete season in 2020. Really liking it a lot!

Its growing on me too.
3 Serie A games in, last one a tight 2-1 win Vs Sassuolo away had a lot of good moments,a couple of unexpected shots going just wide from the CPU .
One thing I've noticed in this game,it's not as easy as I remembered for the HUM players to be bullied/tackled off the ball when running side by side or from behind.
That's something I've always felt being pretty bad in many games
Also drawing free kicks,or getting a few yards by dribbling is a real joy in this game.
Didn't dribble that much in Pes games until 18 really,but now I use it all the time,slowing it down and dribble
Having fun!

Its growing on me too.
3 Serie A games in, last one a tight 2-1 win Vs Sassuolo away had a lot of good moments,a couple of unexpected shots going just wide from the CPU .
One thing I've noticed in this game,it's not as easy as I remembered for the HUM players to be bullied/tackled off the ball when running side by side or from behind.
That's something I've always felt being pretty bad in many games
Also drawing free kicks,or getting a few yards by dribbling is a real joy in this game.
Didn't dribble that much in Pes games until 18 really,but now I use it all the time,slowing it down and dribble
Having fun!

cmon man. All your posts are just gonna make me install this game again. Ive been having fun with 18 but 19 has the most play time on my steam until i deleted it before 20 came out. My hard drive lost half of its life just deleting and reinstalling old pes and fifa games. Might as well give this a try... I remember I uninstalled bc one patch kinda ruined it but it think i never played the final product.

18 has been pretty good but yes the positioning is kind of a problem but with matt 5 second fix ive been having fun.

cmon man. All your posts are just gonna make me install this game again. Ive been having fun with 18 but 19 has the most play time on my steam until i deleted it before 20 came out. My hard drive lost half of its life just deleting and reinstalling old pes and fifa games. Might as well give this a try... I remember I uninstalled bc one patch kinda ruined it but it think i never played the final product.

18 has been pretty good but yes the positioning is kind of a problem but with matt 5 second fix ive been having fun.
Ha ha sorry pal:)
I agree on 18,like that game a lot,a bit to much space like you said,but the ai is great on that one.
Got a real taste for this game,wish it had some of 18 ai.
But 19 is good enough for me right now,really responsive and fun to play against.
Never thought I'd like this one,just to not anyway.
I'll say a little prayer for your hard drive:)

Back
Top Bottom