PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Ha ha sorry pal:)
I agree on 18,like that game a lot,a bit to much space like you said,but the ai is great on that one.
Got a real taste for this game,wish it had some of 18 ai.
But 19 is good enough for me right now,really responsive and fun to play against.
Never thought I'd like this one,just to not anyway.
I'll say a little prayer for your hard drive:)

Yeah, im kinda now seeing what files I would need to download to mod it... quick question, I remember headers were really nerfed, are you still seeing that? I really like to bomb the box with my wingers but I remember it was very hard to score.

edit: saw you posted a header a few pages back, but was it an outlier?

Yeah, im kinda now seeing what files I would need to download to mod it... quick question, I remember headers were really nerfed, are you still seeing that? I really like to bomb the box with my wingers but I remember it was very hard to score.

edit: saw you posted a header a few pages back, but was it an outlier?
Free kick ,and I've scored a few more on TP difficulty.
I find crossing with LB+cross button pretty effective, compared to 18 (who was overpowered) it's still fewer goals.
But also mixing it up with double taps for low crosses,and RB for fixed trajectory on free kicks and corners it's really not a big of an issue, especially compared to IRL,I'd say it's pretty close to a real percentage of goals in headers

Ok after so much revival i jumped on the Hype-Train!! :P :P I am kidding, i played both the final Datapack and the game two months ago, in order to set up my poll-vote topic here.

Yesterday, i started a new ML to check how it feels again, we a more mature POV now. Started one with Santa Clara in Liga NOS, btw nice watermark visual in Liga Portuguese, never tried it in the past, sweets up the awefull presentation a little bit.

Settings: TopPlayer, Challenge mode ML, PA1, asssisted cursor change, semi-assisted auto clearence or tackle or whatever its name is, teamate off the ball movement L1+R stick=Auto, cause manual off the ball is broken since years now. 10 minutes matches.

Playing it back to back with 2020, i must say again the controller with your player on the ball feels much better. I can't say for sure, if it is the rigid movement of PES 2020, or just the controls, which are the PES classic style, R1 sprint, R2 special controls-close control dribble etc.

The feeling of controls, makes me feel back home. Also there is less magnetism than in PES 2020, the clear field between opponent bodies, where you can control and dribble is more clear. In 2020 when i try to dribble between CPU opponents i fell a little bit motion blur, due to the CPU mangetism on the ball.

On the downside, headers feel nerfed, which i can live with it, but long shots feel extra nerfed. If in 2020 it is hard to score from distance, in 2019 it feels still IMPOSSIBLE. Whatever shoot i try manaul, finesse, manual through pass with Full powergauge, with mediocre players, it either goes in the center of the goalpost, or it goes to the corner and the Goalkeeper blocks it with super slow motion jump, moving behind while in the air.

The other minus, that made almost insta-SWITCH-OFF the console inthe first 5 minutes, is that playing with below 60 TS in ML, is like suicide. Or to say it better, it is like sharks in the water you are swimming, smelling the blood from your knee. Once the CPU reads your low TS, they engage in this idiotic cynical playstyle , where it is 4 attempts 4 goals, with the exploit low cross and tap in.
Once you boost up your TS and you leave behind scripted events in game, like the first League match that the club owner asked you to win or die tryin, which for the CPU translates to, i will make every shoot you take to pass 2 meters around the Goalpost despite any aiming, then it playes decent i have to say. So all in all to conclude, if you dont have low TS or the CPU is not destined to win, it plays with some variety.

Not perfect, not even very good, put it plays aboves than average, in contrast with 2020 CPU AI, which plays mediocre with only some scipted moments.

As i asked the other day, is it really better than 2020, or is it less worse? By me the answer cannot be clear in this moment. For now, gameplay wise, if i leave distant shoots outside, it is gameplay-wise the 2019, less broken than 2020, but content-wise (leagues, database, 2nd divisions) more broken than 2020.
In conclusion there are two semi-broken games, or two half-arsed if you want. 2019 is semi-broken in the content and 2020 is semi-broken in the gameplay, but having still a last??? DataPack to see what it can fix or break more...

Vamos Santa Clara!!!! :) :P

Last edited:
Yeah I think what I can't deal with on 20 by I rather play 19 is a few things.
Less in rails
Better responsiveness
Not having balls/passes rolling past you
And on Pes 20,if you don't play stadium cam,it feels like you're forcing players in to positions,feels very weird on other cams.

To me,Pes 17/18 ai on Pes 19 looks with Pes 20s content would be really good

But for now,I'm more than ok playing this game

Yeah I think what I can't deal with on 20 by I rather play 19 is a few things.
Less in rails
Better responsiveness
Not having balls/passes rolling past you
And on Pes 20,if you don't play stadium cam,it feels like you're forcing players in to positions,feels very weird on other cams.

To me,Pes 17/18 ai on Pes 19 looks with Pes 20s content would be really good

But for now,I'm more than ok playing this game
Saying about looks, it is impresive how back it reverted in 2020 in graphics and lighting. Playing a match in my 2020 ML,away in San Siro, CL vs Inter. The pitch and the night lighting is like the forest of blairwitch project. In a finishing moment i equalised, the game camera shows my fans-crowd in the stands and it looked like there was an electricty black-out in San Siro. All my fans were shady figures, but for real like shades, they did not even have details in their bodies. The grass is like a 1950's first colourfull movie. For a moment i thought that my TV settings were auto messed.

Booting up 2019 and the pitch looks more alive, the atmosphere, the grass, the colours. It was like i returned to the normal world, back from the world of living dead. And the lighting is spot on, now sun shine that blinds you, no blue kits glaring purple.

Also this e-football purple visual watermarks in 2020 is leagues worse than the gold watermark in PES 2019 screen change.

Saying about looks, it is impresive how back it reverted in 2020 in graphics and lighting. Playing a match in my 2020 ML,away in San Siro, CL vs Inter. The pitch and the night lighting is like the forest of blairwitch project. In a finishing moment i equalised, the game camera shows my fans-crowd in the stands and it looked like there was an electricty black-out in San Siro. All my fans were shady figures, but for real like shades, they did not even have details in their bodies. The grass is like a 1950's first colourfull movie. For a moment i thought that my TV settings were auto messed.

Booting up 2019 and the pitch looks more alive, the atmosphere, the grass, the colours. It was like i returned to the normal world, back from the world of living dead. And the lighting is spot on, now sun shine that blinds you, no blue kits glaring purple.

Also this e-football purple visual watermarks in 2020 is leagues worse than the gold watermark in PES 2019 screen change.
Yes,20s look is horrible.
Yellow pitches etc,and the sound mix is awful too.
Really bad

Im loving this game still, started a league as found a somewhat up to date option file for ps4. The AI is really varied on top player i actually have to think about defending properly

Im loving this game still, started a league as found a somewhat up to date option file for ps4. The AI is really varied on top player i actually have to think about defending properly
Got a link to the OF mate? I’ve got this game digital I think, might see how it plays!

Me too,had a couple of great games last night.
Should have been pissed off losing to Anderlecht last night in my EL,pretty scripted vs normal league games,but both goals were great from them.
First one a scramble were I clear the ball in to my def for an own goal,2nd one a header from the edge of the box who sailed above my keeper.
Spent 45 min trying to equalise,lost 2-1.

Only thing I complain about is how low tier teams sometimes string passes in a fast and effective way. On the other hand though, they miss clear chances very often, so thigns keep balanced in away.

Only thing I complain about is how low tier teams sometimes string passes in a fast and effective way. On the other hand though, they miss clear chances very often, so thigns keep balanced in away.
Yeah wish passing % on TP and above would be lower, especially low tier teams.
Seems to be working fine on professional Difficulty,bottom teams having 70ish pass percentage

yep I agree, but it makes me play on PA0 for a fair challenge, wich I don´t love that much. Maybe I´ll try for a couple weeks.

yep I agree, but it makes me play on PA0 for a fair challenge, wich I don´t love that much. Maybe I´ll try for a couple weeks.
PA0 and professional is a challenge,your players will be reacting slower etc.
Im pretty fine going TP and PA0 right now.
At times the CPU presses you so hard that you need a quick passing play to get out of it!

Still loving how you can dribble in this one,and dribble in the box and have a 50/50 chance of pulling it off,tried 18 and 9/10 the CPU sticks out a leg and gets it,even on +1 speed

This game is getting more and more my game

PA0 and professional is a challenge,your players will be reacting slower etc.
Im pretty fine going TP and PA0 right now.
At times the CPU presses you so hard that you need a quick passing play to get out of it!

Still loving how you can dribble in this one,and dribble in the box and have a 50/50 chance of pulling it off,tried 18 and 9/10 the CPU sticks out a leg and gets it,even on +1 speed

This game is getting more and more my game
If you mean drilling with L stick, and/or R1 and/Or R2 in 2018, there was a video in 2018 topic, it is almost impossible to find it now, posted by either @xicpanad or @vxcmplx , named "in this house we don't run" , showing exactly the timing needed to release and re-push sprint, when dribbling around opponents.
It was gamechanger for me, inspiring me in the way I should dribble in that game and how to exploit the pace and the inertia.

What dribbgle are you talking about? Just changing direction, or using some tricks?
IN PES 2019, if you press R1 and R2 your player will automatically do that extra touch in order to keep posession

I've discovered in PES 2020 I have to press R1 R2 and L1 to have the same animation (sort of)

IN PES 2019, if you press R1 and R2 your player will automatically do that extra touch in order to keep posession

I've discovered in PES 2020 I have to press R1 R2 and L1 to have the same animation (sort of)
Has anyone else noticed that pressing L1 while moving on the ball, make more precise contact of players foot with the ball, and takes more precise angle turns, while changing directions, or am I living in my personal placebo.?
Basically not only here, in every pes since PES2011.

Has anyone else noticed that pressing L1 while moving on the ball, make more precise contact of players foot with the ball, and takes more precise angle turns, while changing directions, or am I living in my personal placebo.?
Basically not only here, in every pes since PES2011.
Haven't done this in PES 2019, but in PES 2020 it definately is a difference
Also, in PES 2020 when I only press R1 and R2, the player does NOT shield the ball better compared to PES 2019, it just runs in one direction without trying to evade the oppenent, just runs into the oppenent and loses the ball practically always

I've been doing some moves,running with the ball,pushing stick back,with sprint button (R2 for me) but just as I do that,I do the opposite,to cancel out the first move,and that really fucks with the CPU and leaves them in the dust.
Really liking the responsive dribbling in this game (19)

ive tried all PES over the last two days from PES 17 and this one for me is easily the best. Best and more natural AI, variation, fouls, ball freedom and look great. Seems to have all the best aspect of 17,18 & 20

ive tried all PES over the last two days from PES 17 and this one for me is easily the best. Best and more natural AI, variation, fouls, ball freedom and look great. Seems to have all the best aspect of 17,18 & 20
I agree!
Pace is spot on as well.
Animation and movement doesn't get clunky when playing on -1.
That's an issue on both 17&18.
It grows on me each day

FFS. I'm bound to go play this again soon after all this chat. But as far as I recall it caused me more grief than 2020!
Yeah that was my opinion going in to this.
This game plays pretty damn good.
With a tactics setup (Klashman) it's pretty solid.

Always liked how it feels on the ball, but now I'm pretty ok with CPU as well.

Playing it back to back after 2020 feels decent enough, but when i start thinking the missing 2nd divisions and how it is limiting the ML, and the possibility that DP9.0 will break more PES2020, it leaves me a sour taste and brings to my mind the monologue of Thanos:

"You could not live with your own failure.
Where did that bring you?
Back to me!
" :D

Playing it back to back after 2020 feels decent enough, but when i start thinking the missing 2nd divisions and how it is limiting the ML, and the possibility that DP9.0 will break more PES2020, it leaves me a sour taste and brings to my mind the monologue of Thanos:

"You could not live with your own failure.
Where did that bring you?
Back to me!
" :D
I forgot about that, it's why I swerved Serie A in PES 2019 :(

Well I've played two exhibition games and that's enough for me. I don't know if it's because I'm used to PES 2017 being 'stiffer' and I think I prefer that? But the AI in this is awful and I instantly remembered why I hated this version of PES so much.

EDIT: The pitches in this are gorgeous though. PES 2020 looks horrible compared to this!

Back
Top Bottom