PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

How to get injurys in pes 2019? Still enjoying this game some nice goals outside the box. Some nice headers. Cpu gets his second yellow last time I play. Nice!

Yeah I needed something beside 17 to play,20+18 is out of the question for me,18 simply because there's no fouls,20 because it's shite.

I've set this game up with klashmans tactics,for me it's a good enough game simply because how free it feels.
Tactics pretty much fixes the ai.
One thing Pes games does that feels weird is,using the sprint button a lot,chasing opponent's and opponent's starts to play pretty frantic,that pretty much goes for all Pes games.

Yepp,it's not as good as 17 for sure,but it's good parts is probably one of the best in modern games (dribbling freedom of the ball etc)

Well I've played two exhibition games and that's enough for me. I don't know if it's because I'm used to PES 2017 being 'stiffer' and I think I prefer that? But the AI in this is awful and I instantly remembered why I hated this version of PES so much.

EDIT: The pitches in this are gorgeous though. PES 2020 looks horrible compared to this!
Try my life-hack. Play 2019 only after 2020. It will feel much better, than playing it after 2017 or 2018.. ;)

how do you guys play the game? Advanced, basic or manuel shooting? Game speed? I play basic shooting combined with manuel (L2) but maybe switching to advance. Are the shots more different then? Gamespeed is 0.
i play on topplayer.

how do you guys play the game? Advanced, basic or manuel shooting? Game speed? I play basic shooting combined with manuel (L2) but maybe switching to advance. Are the shots more different then? Gamespeed is 0.
i play on topplayer.
I play TopPlayer, 10min, gamespeed 0, PA1, basic shooting, basic through pass, auto sliding semiauto.

I am experimenting with cursor change between semi-auto and auto like i did in PES2020, but in this (2019) i do not see much differense in team response.

I usually play PA0,but for this game I'm on PA1 basic shooting/basic through ball 20 min -1 game Speed.

Or Professional PAO/advanced Through ball,but 9/10 the first option.

Compared to 17+18 heading is way tougher here,felt that it's pretty overpowered in 18 tbh.
So when I have free kicks I usually use RB for fixed trajectory,and then (same for crossing) sprint button+header button when game decides which player is going for it.
I'm scoring quite a few headers that way,same procedure when CPU goalie kicks the ball and I need to win it in the middle (Sprint+header works more often than without)

I've never been comfy with advanced through ball and PA1,for me PA0 and advanced works better.

To me using a lot of dribbling /moving the ball/small sprint bursts pays off in and around the box,you have a great chance of free kicks/penalties or breaking free for a shot.
Find it great

Honest question to @rockstrongo (and to whoever willing to share his/her opinion on this game, why not):
Graphics aside, is PES 2019 really better than the "current gen" version of PES 2017?

I haven't played it much to be honest, I have a couple of dt18 files which I remember I liked to some extent (the joys of PC editing I suppose) and I'm considering whether to give it a second chance or not after I'm done with my Champions League run (I started with PES 2009 and I'm gonna play a Champions League tournament with each game that features it as a licensed tournament, all the way up to PES 2018).

Honest question to @rockstrongo (and to whoever willing to share his/her opinion on this game, why not):
Graphics aside, is PES 2019 really better than the "current gen" version of PES 2017?

I haven't played it much to be honest, I have a couple of dt18 files which I remember I liked to some extent (the joys of PC editing I suppose) and I'm considering whether to give it a second chance or not after I'm done with my Champions League run (I started with PES 2009 and I'm gonna play a Champions League tournament with each game that features it as a licensed tournament, all the way up to PES 2018).
PES 17 is way better as a total package.
But since I've played that game to death,I needed something else,and being a League mode guy now,Pes 19 in league mode is good enough.
The difference between ML and league mode is huge,no crazy comebacks etc.
I wonder how good 17 would be on league mode?

That's why I rather play 19 than anything else right now,plus Vs 18 plenty of fouls,looks amazing,responsiveness is great,pace the best of all Pes games (with 15) for me.

Can't really go back to 17 pace right now,or clunky dribbling,although it's a much better game.
But for me ,19 in league mode,good enough

To be honest I still don't know.
I've just played through PES 2009 and PES 2010 by now, and team spirit is nowhere to be seen.
I'm now setting up PES 2011 (importing kits and emblems and trying to create Schalke 04, which is the third German team in the 10/11 UCL, without having the game crash when I select them). I'll have a look at a PES 2018 Champions League though, and report back. Hopefully TS stayed out of the way also there. :)

EDIT: yeah, apparently TS isn't a thing in Champions League mode (see these PES 2018 screens, UCL is on top of course, no TS indicator and no heatmap):

4d0xuxn.png

OkeXEOd.png

Last edited:
To be honest I still don't know.
I've just played through PES 2009 and PES 2010 by now, and team spirit is nowhere to be seen.
I'm now setting up PES 2011 (importing kits and emblems and trying to create Schalke 04, which is the third German team in the 10/11 UCL, without having the game crash when I select them). I'll have a look at a PES 2018 Champions League though, and report back. Hopefully TS stayed out of the way also there. :)

EDIT: yeah, apparently TS isn't a thing in Champions League mode (see these PES 2018 screens, UCL is on top of course, no TS indicator and no heatmap):

4d0xuxn.png

OkeXEOd.png
Then you'll have some great games ahead,I'm even enjoying both 19+20 in league mode,plays pretty damn good without TS.
Ps hope you skip 16,good game,but remember the goalies?
Horribel!

Ps hope you skip 16,good game,but remember the goalies?
Yeah, I do. I wish Liverpool had already had Karius in 2015/16, so I could field him and it would've looked almost lifelike.
On a serious note (poor Loris, his mistakes in the UCL final will haunt him forever), 'keepers in PES 2016 aren't the worst they've ever been though: goalies in PES 2012 and PES 2014 were shocking at release, and got then fixed with patches.

Yeah, I do. I wish Liverpool had already had Karius in 2015/16, so I could field him and it would've looked almost lifelike.
On a serious note (poor Loris, his mistakes in the UCL final will haunt him forever), 'keepers in PES 2016 aren't the worst they've ever been though: goalies in PES 2012 and PES 2014 were shocking at release, and got then fixed with patches.
Ha ha,yeah poor guy!
Never played those two games on release.
Strange that they never patched 16,think they did but still crappy.
Like 16 otherwise

16 keepers were beyond terrible. Every long ball, no I correct, pretty much every ball near them was a goal chance. Pair it with the floaty/weak defences and you had the disaster it was. To this day I still have no idea how could have they released (and keep) a game in that state. It's a shame beyond limit as for a lot of other things (graphics, animations, team attacking movements etc.) it was excellent. Would have been a masterpiece with some real care.

16 keepers were beyond terrible. Every long ball, no I correct, pretty much every ball near them was a goal chance. Pair it with the floaty/weak defences and you had the disaster it was. To this day I still have no idea how could have they released (and keep) a game in that state. It's a shame beyond limit as for a lot of other things (graphics, animations, team attacking movements etc.) it was excellent. Would have been a masterpiece with some real care.
Agree Mac,take away the bad stuff and it's a pretty good game,yeah I know it sounds stupid,the good parts were very good.
Felt very lose,by those days standards,much more free than 17.
I think Pes were just a few short things per game on 15-16-17 to truly have a great number of games then.

That's what's pissing me off,fix goalies,sharpen up defence in 16,way to easy for the CPU tho play through you, and that game would be on my Xbox today.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that ML is a no go zone for me nowadays.
Much more satisfied playing League mode,which means games that were/are bad now play pretty damn good (19/20) in League mode.
Plus I'm way more happy playing those,with a pretty damn good gameplay,instead of the TS dumbing/cheating my players and the CPU

Now playing on superstar, Serie A, League mode, -1 speed, 10 min, klashman tactics, standard controls. I noticed the catch up bug on top player(or maybe because of ML). But didn’t noticed it on prof and superstar level. Prof was bit easy. Top player catch up. so I try Superstar. That was a bit pingpong, so lowered the level to -1 gamespeed. Now i can dribbel better and have more freedom then Pes 2017 on the ball! And I can score more long shots! Last game at the end of the game cpu was bit angry between the 70-90 min the receive 3 yellow. I won with 1-0.
Pes 2017 has one of the best AI i’ve ever seen in a Pes game. Pes 2019 has one of the best gameplay on the ball!!
ps. Also chose 3 rivals in the edit mode that means 6 more spectacular games in 1 year.
Try it!

greatings a Pes 2017 lover.

I am editing up my Option File again in order to start a new ML, after i started one testing ML with OK-ish results. Doing some "major" trasnfer updates, mostly from 2019-2020 season and setting up some recenlty retired Legends, like Gerrard, Adriano and Pires, i do not like in my ML players like Maradona, Zico. All i have to do now is bring them to their current day age and tune their stats to fit to a 36~40+ old player, but keeping some signature stats in order to not loose their Legendary ID, if stats matter at all..

Last edited:
304/5000

Nunca he jugado 2019
Hoy es mi primera vez, ¿es posible que 2020 sea peor que 2019?
2020 lleno de rebotes, choques y colisiones estúpidas, y especialmente en línea donde todos repiten el mismo movimiento.
2019 es más suave! o me equivoco?
tan acostumbrado a 2020 y gráficamente es inferior a 2019 claramente.

304/5000

Nunca he jugado 2019
Hoy es mi primera vez, ¿es posible que 2020 sea peor que 2019?
2020 lleno de rebotes, choques y colisiones estúpidas, y especialmente en línea donde todos repiten el mismo movimiento.
2019 es más suave! o me equivoco?
tan acostumbrado a 2020 y gráficamente es inferior a 2019 claramente.
??? English ???

Now playing on superstar, Serie A, League mode, -1 speed, 10 min, klashman tactics, standard controls. I noticed the catch up bug on top player(or maybe because of ML). But didn’t noticed it on prof and superstar level. Prof was bit easy. Top player catch up. so I try Superstar. That was a bit pingpong, so lowered the level to -1 gamespeed. Now i can dribbel better and have more freedom then Pes 2017 on the ball! And I can score more long shots! Last game at the end of the game cpu was bit angry between the 70-90 min the receive 3 yellow. I won with 1-0.
Pes 2017 has one of the best AI i’ve ever seen in a Pes game. Pes 2019 has one of the best gameplay on the ball!!
ps. Also chose 3 rivals in the edit mode that means 6 more spectacular games in 1 year.
Try it!

greatings a Pes 2017 lover.
Nice that your liking it,same settings as me,though I'm on TP.
Dribbling is so much fun on this and 18
Kinda surprised me this game plays pretty good on league mode

I'm playing as SPAL,which is probably the worst team in Serie A,10th place after 20 games,so it's pretty tough

I am editing up my Option File again in order to start a new ML, after i started one testing ML with OK-ish results. Doing some "major" trasnfer updates, mostly from 2019-2020 season and setting up some recenlty retired Legends, like Gerrard, Adriano and Pires, i do not like in my ML players like Maradona, Zico. All i have to do now is bring them to their current day age and tune their stats to fit to a 36~40+ old player, but keeping some signature stats in order to not loose their Legendary ID, if stats matter at all..
Did transfers for the big teams/names in Serie A,plus my own team.
Kinda feel when I'm playing a league mode players remains the same so it's annoying seeing Naingolan/Icardi in Inter when playing them etc

Nice that your liking it,same settings as me,though I'm on TP.
Dribbling is so much fun on this and 18
Kinda surprised me this game plays pretty good on league mode

I'm playing as SPAL,which is probably the worst team in Serie A,10th place after 20 games,so it's pretty tough
Maybe i go back to topplayer also. Catch up thing is more a ML problem i think. Playing with Napoli, seventh now but just started the season so hopefully i can end higher.
ja totally surprised that the games plays so well, tryed it a long time ago at the start off the release and wasn’t that good. Also freekicks are fun!

Maybe i go back to topplayer also. Catch up thing is more a ML problem i think. Playing with Napoli, seventh now but just started the season so hopefully i can end higher.
ja totally surprised that the games plays so well, tryed it a long time ago at the start off the release and wasn’t that good. Also freekicks are fun!
Yes,I haven't experienced much catch up in league mode in TP.
All I can say after playing 6-7 games on 20,is that this game is so much better,less bullshit from the CPU,I can create space by dribbling,I don't get closed down/catched after dribbling a player.
I'll get back to this game next time I play.
Much better

How is the judgement about advanced shooting? I like it in Pes2017, here in 2019 i don’t know. But with advanced shooting i’ve scores two long shots. So just doubting.

Back
Top Bottom