PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Started a ML yesterday,really enjoyed buying/ selling/sending players out in loan.
But I can't help feeling that the gameplay (doesn't matter if it's 19 or 20 )is just pushing buttons.

Game speed is so much higher than my regular League mode,no time on the ball etc.
Think I need to go back to league mode again,to bad since I miss all the transactions

For the first time I'm playing Ligue 1 with Olympique Marseille,and D Payet sealed the deal with this shot!

You know, this is something I more or less experienced many times in Pes history- a bit like you did with the momentum corner you described days ago.

I remember many years ago a Pes 5 ML in which I started with defaults and three players and I was doing a phenomenal run.
Then I had to start again as I didn't realized I put myself in the wrong D2- same three players, same teams in D2, but everything sucked to no end, I experienced an absurd no win/losing streak totally opposite to my first run.

And many other times in Pes history I had radically different experiences comparing a ML to another.
I've always wondered if there is some hidden, random algorythm that decides how tough your "story" should be or if it's just all placebo!
I assume i triggered a domino of events,as from the begining of the season and while i SIMed the first 2~3 games, i had consecutive messages from the team owner, to win the next match no matter what. I thing you all know how the CPU behaves when your club owner asks you a win. They play like there is no tommorow. So i assume this bad combination of events, leaded to low owner trush, triggering a loophole, where i had matches to win in order to prove something, plus the 3 derbies i had and the puzzle is completed. All in all i mean the AI was much tougher against me, in order to complete the "challenge mode" purspose, like "let's make player's like difficult as hell in order to create drama for the Owner Trust meter!".

I was sucked in December, i was managing Santa Clara . After i joined Tondela a team that was a little bit higher in the table, but with far worse roster. THe prove to my point is, with Tondela i just signed 2-3 low rated regens, they are around 69 OPR, and my TS started far lower, it started from TS 29, now i am on 66. But since i paid attetntion in my initial matches, everything came more natural. I won 3 in a row, i did some draws, i won Porto and Sporting CP.

It is match obvious that something else was afecting my previous run with Santa Clara, cause my players with high TS could n't connect two passes. Now with Tondela and being around 66+ TS, my team plays like a normal average team.

Tried to play 19 two days ago since 20's defending is so bad,but I clearly remembered this game wrong,it's so fast and just fw fw fw.
Not for me,though I liked it then

Oh, it's fast alright. I play on manual passing which slows down my end of it, but not so much the AI. It's also extremely easy to dispossess the CPU by endlessly sprinting into them which leads to a lot frenetic, of Benny Hill-esque moments. I need some Klashman tactics, because a lot of teams just completely concede the midfield (a shared trait amongst modern PES titles). I'm using +1 game speed because I need a certain level of snappiness to enjoy PES. It's not that I dislike a slower PES/football game per say, just the lack of responsiveness that's often associated with it.

I've accepted that any modern PES title I play will have to be on the faster side. Hell, I'm not even a fan of a lot of PES 4/5/6 patches that make the game dramatically slower by adjusting stats/kitserver because to me, it kills the intended flow and feel. At least with PES 2019, I don't feel like I'm wrangling with the controls/my players as often as I do with 2020. Granted, it still happens far too often for my liking.

It's all water under the bridge anyway. I'm just in the typical, cycle through all the football games I own to see if I can squeeze out an ounce of enjoyment whilst waiting for the next line of football games that will most likely disappoint me. ;)

Oh, it's fast alright. I play on manual passing which slows down my end of it, but not so much the AI. It's also extremely easy to dispossess the CPU by endlessly sprinting into them which leads to a lot frenetic, of Benny Hill-esque moments. I need some Klashman tactics, because a lot of teams just completely concede the midfield (a shared trait amongst modern PES titles). I'm using +1 game speed because I need a certain level of snappiness to enjoy PES. It's not that I dislike a slower PES/football game per say, just the lack of responsiveness that's often associated with it.

I've accepted that any modern PES title I play will have to be on the faster side. Hell, I'm not even a fan of a lot of PES 4/5/6 patches that make the game dramatically slower by adjusting stats/kitserver because to me, it kills the intended flow and feel. At least with PES 2019, I don't feel like I'm wrangling with the controls/my players as often as I do with 2020. Granted, it still happens far too often for my liking.

It's all water under the bridge anyway. I'm just in the typical, cycle through all the football games I own to see if I can squeeze out an ounce of enjoyment whilst waiting for the next line of football games that will most likely disappoint me. ;)
You know what mate,I thought I'd responded to FIFA 19...
Not Pes 19,my bad!
God yes I take this game over Pes 20 eight days a week,I acctually have a league mode going with Olympique Marseille oon this,and in league,this game plays really good.
Pace being spot on,so satisfying to see some form of foot planting too.
I like Pes 19

This thread has reignited my interest in PES 2019, a game I completely skipped. When I am not playing a football game, I always read different threads on here especially the retro one, a few positive posts about a particular PES has me on impulsive buy mode from members like @rockstrongo haha...The thread's have been the reason I have retried PES 3,5,6,12,13,17,18, and now 19 in no particular order, always great to see the passion for football games alive, even if the current state of affairs is a dire one. Cannot seem to enjoy PES 20 that much at all bar the initial vanilla version maybe, part of me thinks because I did not play it enough to perhaps realise it was not too much different from what it is now. Bought a copy of 19 for £5 on ebay.

Whats the best difficulty and gameplay settings folks and where can I find Klashman's tactics? Is it really just getting rid of deep defensive line and swarm the box?

Mind that I've stepped away from ML.
Regardless of game,I'm just playing league mode,stripped down etc,but to me gameplay is so much better than ML and at the end of the day that's what's important.

I'm going TP PA1 20 min or PAO same other settings
And I'm playing Ligue 1 with Marseille
I'll see if I can find Klashmans tactics.

I'm really having a good time playing this game, it's really League mode on this or Pes 18,though I prefer 19 (fouls etc)

http://klashman69.blogspot.com/2018/09/pes-2019-serie-la-liga-tactics.html

Last edited:
Regardless of game,I'm just playing league mode,stripped down etc,but to me gameplay is so much better than ML and at the end of the day that's what's important.

I'm really having a good time playing this game, it's really League mode on this or Pes 18,though I prefer 19 (fouls etc)

thanks man!

Yeah I'm getting a nice amount of fouls against the AI in my league mode 6 against Everton with 3 bookings and 5 against City. Really enjoy this game and keeps dragging me back in

Yeah I'm getting a nice amount of fouls against the AI in my league mode 6 against Everton with 3 bookings and 5 against City. Really enjoy this game and keeps dragging me back in
Plays very different from ML,I really enjoy it,never thought I'd do,but this and my FIFA 20 is my games right now

Plays very different from ML,I really enjoy it,never thought I'd do,but this and my FIFA 20 is my games right now
I was enjoying FIFA 20 to but PES 2019 AI defense is way better - pressing all over the pitch. And there's enough variety in attack to keep me entertained. I have even dropped down to professional level as i was in the relegation zone on top player and even that is challenging

I was enjoying FIFA 20 to but PES 2019 AI defense is way better - pressing all over the pitch. And there's enough variety in attack to keep me entertained. I have even dropped down to professional level as i was in the relegation zone on top player and even that is challenging
Yeah the AI is tough,plus is refreshing seeing players move without skating around etc.
A really underated game tbh.
I'm playing TP with Marseille,had one season with SPAL, finished 14th I think.
Glad you're enjoying it

Played this one this evening on PA1, advanced through ball, basic shooting. A lot better than 20, nice attacking play and variety. Yeah sure there seems to be a lack of midfield play and the usual limitations in player individuality seen in recent iterations. Still nice change for a few games here and there.

Still playing this a bit every day and there’s definitely some nice moves you can create, and nice to see difference in paces of players, 1 on 1’s with the keeper are actually a thing haha, however the massive caveat to all this is that it feels like it’s just pressing buttons with different players as they all genuinely feel/move and pass the same. Sure players like Messi move real quick and can beat 2/3 men at a time, but then again I just feel like controlling different players just feel the same in weight, whereas in past iterations there was more weight on players and difference in feeling. Apologies if I’m not explaining this right.

This is a feature of recent Pes’s and 20 is no different, game looks lovely, but just lacks that ‘feeling’ of players feeling/moving/shooting different and somehow the game feels ‘hollow’. Stats mean dam all, a player with better shooting may score more, but still a player with lower shooting ability can still hit the same type of shot. I’ll stop the rambling here as bar that I do enjoy elements of the game and the graphics are nice as I’m used to retro PES’s more recently, and for a game or two after work I don’t play it long enough to let the flaws annoy me too much. So I’ll take it for what it is.

Started a master league on professional (no speed bug there). The international cup at the beginning was very dull. So skipped it after 2 games. But then i’m really enjoying the Master League competition. Yes maybe a bit easy so don’t take the best team of your league (I play AZ eredivisie). how do you guys think of proffessional in the ML? Lot more variety in shooting and dribbeling then Pes 2017. Also play with advanced shooting (only way i can score long shots). also use manuel shooting with L2. the strange s thing about this game is that it is in some aspects the best footy i’ve played last years. (More freedom then 2017 in shooting and dribbeling. More fysicality then 2018. And fifa 20 and pes 20 ai is dumbed down because off online gameplay).

Started a master league on professional (no speed bug there). The international cup at the beginning was very dull. So skipped it after 2 games. But then i’m really enjoying the Master League competition. Yes maybe a bit easy so don’t take the best team of your league (I play AZ eredivisie). how do you guys think of proffessional in the ML? Lot more variety in shooting and dribbeling then Pes 2017. Also play with advanced shooting (only way i can score long shots). also use manuel shooting with L2. the strange s thing about this game is that it is in some aspects the best footy i’ve played last years. (More freedom then 2017 in shooting and dribbeling. More fysicality then 2018. And fifa 20 and pes 20 ai is dumbed down because off online gameplay).
Think professional works pretty good,I enjoyed it on PA0,but now I'm on TP and PA1 which is really good and fun,lots more physicality than both 18 and 20,prefer this game over 20 any day

Think professional works pretty good,I enjoyed it on PA0,but now I'm on TP and PA1 which is really good and fun,lots more physicality than both 18 and 20,prefer this game over 20 any day
Yes Top player is good. But in Master League you get the catch up bug On TP. Maybe if my teamform is 90+ i switch to top player. I’ve heard that the catch up bug will reduce If your teamform is higher. Nice to read that you also enjoy this game.

Yes Top player is good. But in Master League you get the catch up bug On TP. Maybe if my teamform is 90+ i switch to top player. I’ve heard that the catch up bug will reduce If your teamform is higher. Nice to read that you also enjoy this game.
Yeah,Keep going until you reach a decent TS.
I've enjoyed this since July,which is weird because I hated it before!
Since I'm playing League mode,and there's no TS or catch up bug there,TP is playing very well.
Which team are you using?
I'm playing as Olympique Marseille. #wegotPayet

Yeah,Keep going until you reach a decent TS.
I've enjoyed this since July,which is weird because I hated it before!
Since I'm playing League mode,and there's no TS or catch up bug there,TP is playing very well.
Which team are you using?
I'm playing as Olympique Marseille. #wegotPayet
I’m using Az dutch eredivisie. Has a lot of young players. Now boadu is ’on fire’ and increasing. Normally i’m fan of Ajax but that to easy in the eredivisie. Hehe Payet 😀 he is in the news now. maybe after winning the eredivisie i’m starting a french league game!

I’m using Az dutch eredivisie. Has a lot of young players. Now boadu is ’on fire’ and increasing. Normally i’m fan of Ajax but that to easy in the eredivisie. Hehe Payet 😀 he is in the news now. maybe after winning the eredivisie i’m starting a french league game!
AZ is just below Ajax/Feyenoord right (ranking) wasn't that long a go they won the league if I remember right?

The team I support (Hammarby) has a former Fulham/AZ player,Mini Tankovic.

Yeah the good thing about Ligue is that it's fully licenced,with a 2nd Division as well

AZ is just below Ajax/Feyenoord right (ranking) wasn't that long a go they won the league if I remember right?

The team I support (Hammarby) has a former Fulham/AZ player,Mini Tankovic.

Yeah the good thing about Ligue is that it's fully licenced,with a 2nd Division as well
Nice! Yes just below Ajax/Feyenoord/PSV. Last year they become second because off goal difference. very pitty for them the had a change to become champions but Corona cancelled it all. A Swedisch club nice! Zlatan also played by Ajax.
Cool 2nd Division as well maybe i will start there then. I’m still on the xbox so no option files.

Nice! Yes just below Ajax/Feyenoord/PSV. Last year they become second because off goal difference. very pitty for them the had a change to become champions but Corona cancelled it all. A Swedisch club nice! Zlatan also played by Ajax.
Cool 2nd Division as well maybe i will start there then. I’m still on the xbox so no option files.
Zlatan is a minority owner of my club (we're a 51% club) and was so close to playing for us this season instead of Milan.
Yeah,even the 2nd Division is fully licenced.
Don't know why I haven't tried it before.

Fox engine PES was a huge let down, i find no point getting back to any of the games within. All of them have at least one gamebreaker ..if im generous.
That's where i am this year.... I want the most modern, i start with PES 2020. I get mad with the awareness and dull AI,i jump to 2019. I get mad with the dull AI but in an other way, more monotonus, i jump to 2018. I get mad with the spacing and no-collisions-fouls issue, i jump to 2017. I get mad with the OP headers (IMHO i find them OP, but just me) and the limited editing possibilities, i jump back to 2020.

In the meantime if i have time, i boot up my laptop and give 1~2 matches in my PES 2015 and 2016 on steam. On serious thoughts on installing parsec here and try a coop ML with anyone someday. Just still thought!

Back
Top Bottom