PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I agree with what you say apart from the "no money" part. The game must be making some money, or it would be ditched completely. I expect a fair deal of it comes from that myclub mode, so that receives most of the reinvestment. Unfortunate for us, much neglected, offline ml players though.
I didnt mean it that way.
I meant that they have no money to fight EA for licenses.
No.1 - EA will always be able to bid higher
No.2 - its a waste of money that could go towards more content and more options for us, like proper stadium creator.

Sure, look.. Even when they do get a license, they dont utilise it at all. Giving us half arsed leagues, that are almost the same as fake ones.
So whats the point of doing it at all?

I didnt mean it that way.
I meant that they have no money to fight EA for licenses.
No.1 - EA will always be able to bid higher
No.2 - its a waste of money that could go towards more content and more options for us, like proper stadium creator.

Sure, look.. Even when they do get a license, they dont utilise it at all. Giving us half arsed leagues, that are almost the same as fake ones.
So whats the point of doing it at all?

I do not understand why all of those extra licensed leagues were added either. Especially as they included a lot of lower tier teams and the Pes small/medium stadium list is lacking. Commentary and stadium atmosphere is a joke too.

@Alx1234 just saw your post haha.

Wow... Sounds very promising. Thanks for that interesting post. Haven't really thought about playing around with stats since the keeper issues in pes16-19 (pre patch). What teams specifically did u edit?? I find time to give this a go for sure. I think Top player plays way more realistic than Superstar, but i just love the challenge of SS...so im definately keen to apply these stat alterations to SS to hopefully see what u got. Wonder how itd also affect Legend???
I started with the first 2 Danish teams. Then I did Manchester United and City. Then more. I don't have Legend difficulty yet. So I have to play Superstar for an amount of times before it unlocks?

That seems to sound that PES 19 is actually playing more true to stats than before, is that right? As you know I love stats-editing back in the day, but the last iterations have not been true to value. In Pes 15 thru 18, the only value of stamina/fatigue was the best one to be true to its value (40) and made a good difference overall.

Definitely a lot of work for consoles, and yeah ML development may cancel it out, but regardless still all about the positives that can happen.

I'm working on getting a tighter lineup positioning for User, which is helping the CPU play style. I'll post the set up here shortly. It's pretty much 5-second fix, but much tighter. For PC guys, doing to both User/CPU is perfect, but it also works for just the User side (on Console/PC) is fine as well.
Yeah I like to believe so from what I've witnessed. I honestly went into it hopeless, just doing it for the sake of it, didn't expect much. So I was pleasantly surprised to see stats actually still working. But again imo, to see the difference, I'm only sticking to the 40-70 stats range, with 80 being my ceiling, as in reserved to the best of the best, like Messi or Ronaldo. So even the best are mostly 70s in this test. Like I mentioned earlier, 70s still feel like 80s and 90s stats to me, and maybe that's why we're complaining to see no difference between players, since most of them, If not all, are in the 70-90 range.

Also, when I speak of the 40-70 range, it's only the ball control, dribble, pass, loft pass and explosive speed stats that I've changed, and the 5 keeper stats except Clearing (only for keepers). All other stats I haven't touched and are still in their default state, 40-90s. Maybe someone else can fiddle with them :)

I confirm @Rodchenko ,player development on/off is not an option since pes2013.
Only viable in PC with a mode,which I highly doubt that someone has created at the moment.

Also for @Lami testing,I tried French Ligue 2.Before the latest DLC it was better in TopPlayer with Lowe and smoother tempo since most teams are 1,5-2* rated.After the last patch FOR ME the gameplay speed is good enough,but there are moments when CPU must score and then the stats variation and good physics are going a road trip,transforming NIORT to Ajax 1995/1996.The good part is it is not for 90’minutes as vs better clubs,the bad part is you are destined to concede one goal per match minimum.
Only now after mid-season and a high 80s in TS I have a good balance almost 1,1 goal against me every 1 match ,22games/24 goals conceded.And I have the most OP team in the Ligue2 with 3,5*.Dont know how things would be if I was also 1,5* rated team.
Since PES 2013? Are you positive? It's been this long I haven't noticed? :CONFUSE:

@Alx1234 just saw your post haha.

I started with the first 2 Danish teams. Then I did Manchester United and City. Then more. I don't have Legend difficulty yet. So I have to play Superstar for an amount of times before it unlocks?

Yeah I like to believe so from what I've witnessed. I honestly went into it hopeless, just doing it for the sake of it, didn't expect much. So I was pleasantly surprised to see stats actually still working. But again imo, to see the difference, I'm only sticking to the 40-70 stats range, with 80 being my ceiling, as in reserved to the best of the best, like Messi or Ronaldo. So even the best are mostly 70s in this test. Like I mentioned earlier, 70s still feel like 80s and 90s stats to me, and maybe that's why we're complaining to see no difference between players, since most of them, If not all, are in the 70-90 range.

Also, when I speak of the 40-70 range, it's only the ball control, dribble, pass, loft pass and explosive speed stats that I've changed, and the 5 keeper stats except Clearing (only for keepers). All other stats I haven't touched and are still in their default state, 40-90s. Maybe someone else can fiddle with them :)

Has modifying the keeper stats reduced the superman/levitation animations? Such an eye sore.

Has modifying the keeper stats reduced the superman/levitation animations? Such an eye sore.
From what I've played so far, yes. But there's always the possibility that neither CPU nor I have had enough shots to see them happening. But yes, in all my games so far I've honestly yet to see one silly looking Superman floaty animation. Most of them have been nice realistic saves, and if they were far from the ball you'd expect a goal with the keeper realistically trying without reaching.

I hope this beauty continues.

Since PES 2013? Are you positive? It's been this long I haven't noticed? :CONFUSE:
I re-confirm, did a youtube search from 2013 to 2016, after that it is pretty the same except this year the "Additional Leagues" option is removed. I can do the same research for 2017 until 2019 if you want,but i am still sure 200% for 2017 & 2018 and 1,000% sure for this year's ML.Check below

NCuxfPO.png

Just for the history records and to remember how ML is regressing through time, just check the option screen of PES 2011 Master League. Also in Player Development there was an additional option, i think it was also in 2013, which was named DYNAMIC development, the option were /dynamic/normal/off. Image below
CjDCsp0.png

Last edited:
Funny how the Pes 2011 - 2013 menus are so much better looking than the new ones. There must have been this one guy at Konami who had this glorious idea: "Hey everyone wants Pes 6 back.. but i don't think it's because of the gameplay.. They want the Menus!!!"

I re-confirm, did a youtube search from 2013 to 2016, after that it is pretty the same except this year the "Additional Leagues" option is removed. I can do the same research for 2017 until 2019 if you want,but i am still sure 200% for 2017 & 2018 and 1,000% sure for this year's ML.Check below

NCuxfPO.png

Just for the history records and to remember how ML is regressing through time, just check the option screen of PES 2011 Master League. Also in Player Development there was an additional option, i think it was also in 2013, which was named DYNAMIC development, the option were /dynamic/normal/off. Image below
CjDCsp0.png
If this is the case I'm not touching ML then. Will stick to leagues.

First post here, so hi to all!

As I actually stopped my Fifa Career because of the -1 Bug and EAs complete ignorance about it, I got inspired by the "Good old times"-posts from @Rodchenko and @Matt10 and just bought PES 19 in the PSN Sale. (At least I can't sell it now, as I did with my 2 copies of PES 19 before... :WHISTLE:)

Right now I'm motivated to start a new career tonight after work and as I never digged very deep in the tactic menues in the last years editions, I wonder what to do with the fluid formations. "On the ball" and "off the ball" formations are quite plain to me, but what is meant by "at kick-off"? Is it just a lazy translation again from Konami? I mean, there is no reason to set a formation just for a kick-off situation? Could anybody clear things up for me?

How are you gonna get 16 year old Francesco Tottis son then?? ;)
Hah, no thanks.

You know what though, I do miss classic players. I wish they would somehow add classic teams from every decade as unlockables or something. I'd love to play a classic league as well. 90s Serie A would be legendary for example. Do it as DLC or anything. Playing as Totti or Boban or Del Piero, or Baggio, or Salas or Nedved, or so many I've forgotten now.

FI wonder what to do with the fluid formations. "On the ball" and "off the ball" formations are quite plain to me, but what is meant by "at kick-off"? Is it just a lazy translation again from Konami? I mean, there is no reason to set a formation just for a kick-off situation? Could anybody clear things up for me?
I think the story of "kick-off formation" is that we have a "default formation", in case we decided to turn fluid formation OFF.
Usually, my "in possession" are offensive oriented formation and "out of possession" are defensive oriented.
If I decided(for some reason) to turn FLUID off then the game have a default formation to go to. My kick-off formation is usually a balanced formation.

In the past, I thought it's a way to hide your real(fluid) formation...to trick your online opponent to think you're using a certain formation but not.:D

I'm wondering if anyone can try my suggestions and see if they have similar results.
I am sick at home this week not beeing able to work. But I can still hold a gamepad. Might give that stats editing of yours a try with both Manchester teams!

Edit: @Lami
Also, when I speak of the 40-70 range, it's only the ball control, dribble, pass, loft pass and explosive speed stats that I've changed, and the 5 keeper stats except Clearing (only for keepers). All other stats I haven't touched and are still in their default state, 40-90s. Maybe someone else can fiddle with them
So keeper stats down 10-20 too (sub 80)?!

Last edited:
@Lami
On that... what does that Classic Players in menu means??
PRO_EVOLUTION_SOCCER_2019_20180910164442.jpg
Do we still have some classic players in Master League??
I always start with this option off, coz I dont even know what players are they talking about.
Its defaulted to OFF as well.

@Lami
View attachment 9980
I always start with this option off, coz I dont even know what players are they talking about.
They are these two.
Basically European and World Classics
They start as free agents or free agents playing for "other teams" iirc.

@Emroth and @Elanimator
Thanks for your reply. I just didn't know, the answer could be so easy. But yeah, we talk about Konami, so what did I expect...

@Lami
View attachment 9980

I always thought, classic players are retired players from past editions, as I once saw Michael Ballack on transfer market (in 17 or 18, I think). So that we have the regens, like a 16 year old Buffon and some retired ones.
On the other hand it would make no sense, if you can play for example Beckham just in the myclub mode. :THINK:

Edit: Ah ok, just explained above.

See, I was confused, coz I read somewhere, that if you want to have, lets say R.Carlos in ML, you have to win him in MyClub and then do some magic in edit menu to be able to use him in ML.

I am sick at home this week not beeing able to work. But I can still hold a gamepad. Might give that stats editing of yours a try with both Manchester teams!

Edit: @Lami

So keeper stats down 10-20 too (sub 80)?!
Yep. I went -20 for their 4 specific GK stats, except Clearing I left it at default. And played Superstar difficulty. I'll try some more playing and editing now too.

Hey there,.. well Lami, I gotta say your tweaks definitely worked, having a positive impact on gameplay :) Holy shit what a difference.

I did the -20 on all of the ability stats you mentioned, for 3 teams: Queenspark Rangers, Sevilla , and my bogey team Argentinos Juniors. The first 2 were random (haven't tried these teams yet), and Argentinos Juniors because I literally lost to them about 15 games in a row on superstar over the last week (hence stating previously how much harder Superstar seems these days). Yes, switching from FM shooting to Basic, has now made things easier for me, but still some of goals they were scoring was still almost leading to that dual-shock-rage-damage (aka DSRD) feeling. The build up passing from the cpu was just too good, and it honesty felt I couldn't do anything to defend these goals. The goals they were scoring on Superstar seemed truly defenceless. And to the point where I was questioning the current patch being changed without our knowledge... just seemed Superstar was much harder, and I didn't quite see the mistakes and the heavy touches that I saw previously after the latest patch.

Anyways, I had 3 games after the "-20 toned down stat edit" (on superstar with the same p1 teams), ensuring no live update of course, and wow... totally changed the game. If I had to sum it up in a few words, id say the power has been give back to my defenders. Much easier to defend, as they cpu was no longer overpowered in their passing and touch, ie. so many heavy touches, definitely more passing mistakes, and it was much easier to read the cpu's passing lanes which meant I made so many more intercepts (which was almost impossible prior). It just felt like both teams, me and the cpu, were on an even playing field. As much as im loving this on superstar, now im really keen to see how this affects "Legend" difficulty.. as I prefer the challenge of "Legend's" pressing defence compared to superstar (making it obviously more challenging/satisfying to score). That, coupled with a "-20 toned down stat edit" with their attacking, could really be something great...will try this out over the next few days.

Good stuff Lami ;)

See, I was confused, coz I read somewhere, that if you want to have, lets say R.Carlos in ML, you have to win him in MyClub and then do some magic in edit menu to be able to use him in ML.
This is also possible if you have him and import him.He will be like MC with scanned face but non-editable.

@aussiepesfan Hey mate :) Sorry to contradict you but I've had PLENTY of shots going over the bar by a large margin. "Skied shots" as you called them. In fact, I remember not too long ago, playing my ManCity Master League, had a few of them with (oddly enough) Kevin De Bruyne, I thought I had the positioning right, the timing, the power and even the right stick properly aimed, but still the shots went up and wide. Talking about Advanced Shooting here btw.

I switched to Basic Shooting 10 days ago. After many years too.
One thing I can tell you is, there's one specific animation, introduced in PES 2019, in which before the player takes the shot, he actually takes a few steps, like trying to get the foot-planting right (if that makes sense) that I totally love, because it looks so realistic. And you can see that animation 5x more often with Basic Shooting than with any other type of Shooting. I scored a belter with Pogba after than animation and I couldn't believe how good the whole thing looked. How realistic it looked.

Hey there,.. well Lami, I gotta say your tweaks definitely worked, having a positive impact on gameplay :) Holy shit what a difference.

I did the -20 on all of the ability stats you mentioned, for 3 teams: Queenspark Rangers, Sevilla , and my bogey team Argentinos Juniors. The first 2 were random (haven't tried these teams yet), and Argentinos Juniors because I literally lost to them about 15 games in a row on superstar over the last week (hence stating previously how much harder Superstar seems these days). Yes, switching from FM shooting to Basic, has now made things easier for me, but still some of goals they were scoring was still almost leading to that dual-shock-rage-damage (aka DSRD) feeling. The build up passing from the cpu was just too good, and it honesty felt I couldn't do anything to defend these goals. The goals they were scoring on Superstar seemed truly defenceless. And to the point where I was questioning the current patch being changed without our knowledge... just seemed Superstar was much harder, and I didn't quite see the mistakes and the heavy touches that I saw previously after the latest patch.

Anyways, I had 3 games after the "-20 toned down stat edit" (on superstar with the same p1 teams), ensuring no live update of course, and wow... totally changed the game. If I had to sum it up in a few words, id say the power has been give back to my defenders. Much easier to defend, as they cpu was no longer overpowered in their passing and touch, ie. so many heavy touches, definitely more passing mistakes, and it was much easier to read the cpu's passing lanes which meant I made so many more intercepts (which was almost impossible prior). It just felt like both teams, me and the cpu, were on an even playing field. As much as im loving this on superstar, now im really keen to see how this affects "Legend" difficulty.. as I prefer the challenge of "Legend's" pressing defence compared to superstar (making it obviously more challenging/satisfying to score). That, coupled with a "-20 toned down stat edit" with their attacking, could really be something great...will try this out over the next few days.

Good stuff Lami ;)
Nice. Did you try editing the keepers as well? Also, was it different in a realistic way, or was it just easier for you? Because my aim isn't to make it easier, but closer to realism.

Yep. I went -20 for their 4 specific GK stats, except Clearing I left it at default. And played Superstar difficulty. I'll try some more playing and editing now too.
I edited the United starting 11 real quick (I don’t want sub players for this test) and edited the whole City team (the AI might sub players)! The 5 values for each player you advised plus goalie stats but not clearing!
When I get back from town in 2 hours I’ll play that match again and report back. Played it once before editing with regular stats (lost 0:4). Played on professional like always. Should I up the difficulty for the test match with edited stats(to superstar)?!
So let’s see if you are on to something here...

Edit: I’ll do the first match with my preferred professional setting. Then up it to superstar. Later.

Back
Top Bottom