PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I edited the United starting 11 real quick (I don’t want sub players for this test) and edited the whole City team (the AI might sub players)! The 5 values for each player you advised plus goalie stats but not clearing!
When I get back from town in 2 hours I’ll play that match again and report back. Played it once before editing with regular stats (lost 0:4). Played on professional like always. Should I up the difficulty for the test match with edited stats(to superstar)?!
So let’s see if you are on to something here...

Edit: I’ll do the first match with my preferred professional setting. Then up it to superstar. Later.
Nice.

I always played on professional too. With this though when I moved to Superstar it was much better imo. AI players played smarter with varied attacks. But this is personal preference of course.

Edit: Oh and hope you get well soon!

@Alx1234 just saw your post haha.

I started with the first 2 Danish teams. Then I did Manchester United and City. Then more. I don't have Legend difficulty yet. So I have to play Superstar for an amount of times before it unlocks?

Yeah I like to believe so from what I've witnessed. I honestly went into it hopeless, just doing it for the sake of it, didn't expect much. So I was pleasantly surprised to see stats actually still working. But again imo, to see the difference, I'm only sticking to the 40-70 stats range, with 80 being my ceiling, as in reserved to the best of the best, like Messi or Ronaldo. So even the best are mostly 70s in this test. Like I mentioned earlier, 70s still feel like 80s and 90s stats to me, and maybe that's why we're complaining to see no difference between players, since most of them, If not all, are in the 70-90 range.

Also, when I speak of the 40-70 range, it's only the ball control, dribble, pass, loft pass and explosive speed stats that I've changed, and the 5 keeper stats except Clearing (only for keepers). All other stats I haven't touched and are still in their default state, 40-90s. Maybe someone else can fiddle with them :)
Not sure its relevant with your topic or this thread (cuz its pes19 pc) but here a sample gameplay after edited stats for both team: Ball Control: -20 Dribbling: -10 Passing: -20 Body Control: -10
Superstar. 13 mins. Removed deep def line & swamp the box

Nice write up there @aussiepesfan. With everything you've mentioned though, I still couldn't enjoy the game.

But here's the thing, I think I've finally found the PES that I was looking for (to an extent), in pes 2019, hidden under all this Konami mess. I've tried something and I've been testing it for a while now. I didn't want to post my findings after one game, because I didn't want to rush only to find out it's placebo.

I don't know if anyone's tried this before. So I had an idea to try and alter gameplay by lowering certain stats; ball control, dribble, pass, lofted pass and explosive power. Since CPU AI love to play end to end arcade, the players' perfect ball control and super agility, along with perfect passes helped it achieve that easily. By lowering these stats by 20 points, I thought I'd disrupt all that.

To my pleasant surprise, apart from the passing stats (I don't think passing was affected much), it worked! CPU AI couldn't play end to end every time. Most of the play took more realistic time than it previously did. The whole pace of the game was more realistic. Suddenly the game felt like I'm playing PES 3. The whole feel of it felt exactly like it. More ball bobble, more players trying to get the ball under control first before their next move, more errors, just a better overall, true PES experience. And something that really resembles realistic football.

What I also did was decrease all the relevant GK stats by 20, the 5 stats from Goalkeeping to Coverage, apart from the Clearing stat. I wanted to get rid of the unrealsitic super saves and floaty jumps as much as I could. I don't know, but I think it worked as well. I haven't seen any silly unrealsitic saves since, honestly. Maybe it's a coincidence, but for now I will keep believing this worked. I left the Clearing stat alone because it makes sure keepers punch the ball to safe areas, as indicated in the help screen. I didn't want to lower it and see keepers spilling balls every game. So this all works good now.

I hope you guys who've had issues liking this game like I did, to try this. And tell me how you find it. You can of course try lowering all the stats I mentioned by 10 or 15 points if you think 20 is a lot. But I honestly feel after trying this, that even with stats in the 70s, the game still plays very well. Players still control great. Probably that is the reason why we feel there's no difference between players and that all of them control and dribble perfectly like Messi etc.

Imo, in this game, if you're looking for realism, don't touch the speed slider. Leave it at 0, and have your stat ceiling be 79 or 80 (equivalent to 99 or 100). Anything in the 80+ range turns this game into an arcade fest.

You can go ahead and try experimenting with other stats that I haven't mentioned. You can also try reducing less than 20 points. See what works for you.

And finally, I've changed difficulty to Superstar. I wanted to see if the AI will play smarter and use more options. And again they actually did. And coupled with what I did above, this has turned into something great so far. A good realistic challenge.

I hope you guys try this out and let me know your findings :)

It's cumbersome but it's worth it imo. Oh and don't forget to turn off live update before playing so the game uses your edited stats.

Back to more editing, testing and enjoying :)

And for once this is a long post that's a very positive one :)

I remember that someone years ago here has tried to do the same.

The guy(i don't remember his name)made the same as you.

I remember Samuel Eto'o with 70 Overall for example.

The game(Pes 2010 or 2011)it was quite good to play with lower stats...

The only thing is in terms of ML transfers...so it's gonna be more easier for you to buy players even with lower club

I remember that someone years ago here has tried to do the same.

The guy(i don't remember his name)made the same as you.

I remember Samuel Eto'o with 70 Overall for example.

The game(Pes 2010 or 2011)it was quite good to play with lower stats...

The only thing is in terms of ML transfers...so it's gonna be more easier for you to buy players even with lower club
Possible too. But with no way to turn player development off I don't think it's a good idea to play this in ML anyway.

Not sure its relevant with your topic or this thread (cuz its pes19 pc) but here a sample gameplay after edited stats for both team: Ball Control: -20 Dribbling: -10 Passing: -20 Body Control: -10
Superstar. 13 mins. Removed deep def line & swamp the box
So what do you think? Is it worth it? Did it change anything for you?

So what do you think? Is it worth it? Did it change anything for you?
Its definitely less ping pongy and less end to end. But -20 for ball control is a bit too much i think. It made the ball bounces off feet wierdly sometimes.

Passing is harder for me but still too laser guided for the cpu. Forgot to add that i add interception skill to all players in hope that they will be more aware to close the passing lanes. Overall its worth it for me. I dont enjoy vanilla gameplay so much to began with. Still Got to try it more with other teams though

Something not directly relevant to pes2019 but to KONAMi and communication about pes-franchise. I remember in Steam discussion section for a game of Bandai-Namco there were two guys who had the tag "game designer". They were not active every day like the plain members/players but they were there ,during updates-dlc's or starting some topics about game feedback. Of course most (50%) of people were simply flaming at them for Bamco's inconsistencies, but they were still there, you could come in contact with them and ask them something, they used to reply after some time, or listen to suggestions from the community and they were playing the game too, so they had knowledge of the different situations.
Except this, some days ago i read in reddit, that EA has official forums, members from the development team in the "fifa-reddit" participating in discussions, or explaining things. I can not confirm this from personal experience but i do not have a reason to doubt about.
In communication with KONAMi we have only Twitter, where you must post something like" omg wonderful c.ronaldo scanned face, i can't wait to play with him" to be lucky enough to receive a respond from someone "official", i exclude the "PR dudes"as i do not know them and i do not search for them as they are doing a different job than what i need to give feedback, they do not bother me i do not bother them.
And after this, we have the atrocious e-mail report-type communication term from pes official site,where you mostly chat with a "robot" with pre-fixed dialogue and replies.

Would it be much better, since we have 2019, if they just picked a forum or a platform and have official but regular guys who work in PES development, to be members and discuss the feedback with other players? Not members like those we had in the recent past ,who were only doing marketing stuff here, i mean officials who you can ask something and receive a regular answer, that does not offend the common sense and the average human intelligence.

Its definitely less ping pongy and less end to end. But -20 for ball control is a bit too much i think. It made the ball bounces off feet wierdly sometimes.

Passing is harder for me but still too laser guided for the cpu. Forgot to add that i add interception skill to all players in hope that they will be more aware to close the passing lanes. Overall its worth it for me. I dont enjoy vanilla gameplay so much to began with. Still Got to try it more with other teams though
Means it's working :) Now you can fine tune it to your liking. Personally I'll stick to -20 as it makes me think about getting the ball under control first, compared to not thinking about it at all before because it was always a given it was perfectly controlled. With this I have to take into consideration where the AI is coming from, therefore how to control the ball and in which direction is safer. Before this, my finger was already on the dash button. It was too easy, thus making it always easy to control and move and end to end.

We had that debate so many times here, it almost angers me to see there's people still saying they don't want sliders in the game.

:BYE: It's problaby kinda weird, but the absence of sliders is what I personaly prefer.
Everytime, I tried a new slider-set for Fifa from the OS-Forum for example, I wondered if now that's it or if it could be better. So i was more worrying about sliders than enjoying the game. So since Fifa 18 I played only on default.

In my opinion a sportsgame developer should be able to create a decent and balanced gameplay out of the box. Or why not creating different modes of gameplay like arcade, simulation, whatever? Madden has it for example.
Since the OS-Forum has introduced the community slider thread, they are testing an tweaking sliders for Fifa almost until the new game is published.

:BYE: It's problaby kinda weird, but the absence of sliders is what I personaly prefer.
Everytime, I tried a new slider-set for Fifa from the OS-Forum for example, I wondered if now that's it or if it could be better. So i was more worrying about sliders than enjoying the game. So since Fifa 18 I played only on default.

In my opinion a sportsgame developer should be able to create a decent and balanced gameplay out of the box. Or why not creating different modes of gameplay like arcade, simulation, whatever? Madden has it for example.
Since the OS-Forum has introduced the community slider thread, they are testing an tweaking sliders for Fifa almost until the new game is published.
For me if pes has slider i will use matt10's settings and enjoying the game rather than worrying on the sliders after

@slamsoze: Damn straight. The good examples of developer-customer communication are out there, there's no need to invent anything, just copy those who show the correct path. Football Manager's Sports Interactive has a dedicated forum where users can post all kinds of issues/bugs/recommendations they might have with the game and a member of the SI staff either just collects the data or replies to the user, helping him out with his problem. This is how communication between poth parties should happen.

Now when it comes to PES, is there any kind of communication, really? What one can do is post on twitter and pray to God that they answer back; but instead what you get - though often you don't get any response at all anyway - is PR guys like Adam or Asim who are simultaneously working for Konami but also not working for them, as their twitter accounts are personal, therefore not professional, and can't be much more useful than to parrot clichés like the "3-year-cycle" and "the future is bright".

They had a kind of direct channel of communication, which was WENB, but they abandoned it for years and then ran it to the ground.

Something not directly relevant to pes2019 but to KONAMi and communication about pes-franchise. I remember in Steam discussion section for a game of Bandai-Namco there were two guys who had the tag "game designer". They were not active every day like the plain members/players but they were there ,during updates-dlc's or starting some topics about game feedback. Of course most (50%) of people were simply flaming at them for Bamco's inconsistencies, but they were still there, you could come in contact with them and ask them something, they used to reply after some time, or listen to suggestions from the community and they were playing the game too, so they had knowledge of the different situations.
Except this, some days ago i read in reddit, that EA has official forums, members from the development team in the "fifa-reddit" participating in discussions, or explaining things. I can not confirm this from personal experience but i do not have a reason to doubt about.
In communication with KONAMi we have only Twitter, where you must post something like" omg wonderful c.ronaldo scanned face, i can't wait to play with him" to be lucky enough to receive a respond from someone "official", i exclude the "PR dudes"as i do not know them and i do not search for them as they are doing a different job than what i need to give feedback, they do not bother me i do not bother them.
And after this, we have the atrocious e-mail report-type communication term from pes official site,where you mostly chat with a "robot" with pre-fixed dialogue and replies.

Would it be much better, since we have 2019, if they just picked a forum or a platform and have official but regular guys who work in PES development, to be members and discuss the feedback with other players? Not members like those we had in the recent past ,who were only doing marketing stuff here, i mean officials who you can ask something and receive a regular answer, that does not offend the common sense and the average human intelligence.
Good read!
As we all know by now, they aren’t playing so much at Konamis (more/only at marketing events with a nearly final build) (these days)), what about some users (like 10) beeing a link between the customer and Konami. “crazy” guys wich are more into the game because of their deep passion for the series (but who’s to judge?! ;) ).
Make it a more transparent process too!
Don’t know, feels like I’m trying to grab every straw there is left.
Keep it up!!
You might tweet again and put other sports games in perspective. Like NHL’s update state choosing feature or World Tennis’ creative hub for EVERYTHING!
Have a look at TGC and what it offers... would add a lot to PES too.

So now I’m off testing Lami Sliders! :)

Edit: I’m so glad i have my Spotify account linked to PS4. When you in edit mode for more than 15 min... :BRICK:

Little off-topic: I don't remember liking PES 2010 but I've been watching some videos and it looks a lot better than I remember.
Even some animations flow pretty nicely

Btw: Why can’t you reset players stats when they were added through live update?! Don’t mind setting them back by hand but is this another proof of flawed code overall?! does it make sense code wise or is it the same as only 3 slots for tactics bs?!

Little off-topic: I don't remember liking PES 2010 but I've been watching some videos and it looks a lot better than I remember.
Even some animations flow pretty nicely

Errrm, what's not to like when every referee is Ray Charles, AI def. lines always backtracking, players turning like trucks and such? :)

It certainly looked better than it performed.

@Lami F me!! :D
Needed to up the speed to regular (been playing -1), because with Lami Slider it felt even slower. To slow for my liking. Now it’s good on regular speed.
The CPU seems more vulnerable. I think explosive power downgrade of 20 works wonder. Maybe it’s a little to much but the AI seems different. In a positive way, not so hectic (and this is on regular speed)! I don’t get it. :)
The AI did some crazy thinks. Need to play more. They are more real aka slower on the ball wich gives me more time to get on them in different ways (single or team pressure plus man at stick).
Will adjust all United players before I go on hammering this match!
Been playing with all green form arrows for both teams btw.
Had a lot of cross bar hits (might be down to basic shooting). Yes I try this too. You guys keep me digging deeper and trying stuff. :)
And I’ll up the difficulty now to superstar (keeping basic shooting for now, as I saw a nice curler from Pogba I haven’t seen yet (outside pen area))!

Happy happy because I found some new stuff to keep me busy till 2020 drops! :D
;)

Will be back with more impressions.

Edit: some players end up with very low OVR rating when you edit these 5 thing alone. But I will not care for now!

Last edited:
Its very interesting. Looking forward to some clips.
Personally, Im gonna hold off for now. Second season with high TS on manual/professional seemed very nicely ballanced for me last time I played. But that was before Xmas. By the time I finish with Red Dead there will be another Data Pack, so chances are gameplay will be remajiged again.
But its nice to see this kind of tweaks work. It will be my backup plan if I get bored or decide to start another ML from scratch.

And the second match was fun too. But oh boy, AI on superstar is no fun to me. The passing game looks so silly and without error (and way to clinic and precise imo).
Will go down now to topplayer.
The feeling I had in the last match: the superstar difficulty seems to counter the lowered explosive rating a little. They felt fast and more agile but only thing I changed was difficulty. The AI passes looked more ping pong again. Sometimes passing it like 7 times in a row real fast.
On superstar there were more skill moves by the likes of Sane and Aguero (AI), I think.
What does look off on superstar is some header that are physical not possible. You see the AI is super human kinda like. Hate that.

So going down 1 in difficulty should make it slower and not that hectic. Let’s see.
Will edit the Wolves later too. Want to play the match that is coming up tonight.
Can’t wait to watch and play it! :)

Last edited:
Errrm, what's not to like when every referee is Ray Charles, AI def. lines always backtracking, players turning like trucks and such? :)

It certainly looked better than it performed.

hahaha, Yeah. It probably looks better than it feels when playing.
Wouldn't go through all the trouble of getting that game now for a couple of videos though. The only game I'd do that for is PES 2013 :LOVE: But 2019 is slowly growing on me now with everything we've got.

@Lami what have you done to me?! :D

Third match: this time on top player. Much more my style. AI ping pong way less and all over much better attack pattern. Is City not using low cross spam in general?! Haven’t seen it all 3 matches.
Something is on. But I don’t know what it is.
I saw the AI using some attack pattern I have never seen before. Don’t want to call it a day just yet... but...

Btw: had my first diving header (might be the basic shooting). :)

I will have a small dinner now. Than open the first beer for tonight and edit the wolves. Will play against them first (with United) to see what’s up with a lower rated team (not so much this season! :) ).
Then I’ll try to beat City with the Wolves.
Might go down to professional again but the last match will keep me playing “one more time” on top player. ;)

And please guys, give it a try. Editing 2 teams takes 15 min max!
I would like to see someone edit 2 teams that we haven’t edited that way yet, just to see how they play out with Lami Sliders! I’ll be on the Wolves in 30 min!

Edit2: another thing. I have multiple different AI scorer now. In the past a lot of times I had the same one (as other users reported)!

Last edited:
Lost it 1:2 to the Wolves playing United. But it was fun.
Where does that all come from?!

You guys gotta calm me down. I am on sliders!!

Will squeeze in the first half of the Wolves (me) at City before the real match starts. I bet it’s 1:0 at half time (in PES). I try to make it 0:0! ;)

Top player ain’t so bad at the moment. Not sure if it’s down to the tweaks. But who cares... as long as it’s more fun (more than the regular fun I am having with this price of software)! :P

Edit: when I watch the live match I am so satisfied how good looking the PESworld kits in PES are!! brilliant stuff. Might send em a tweet.

Last edited:
First post here, so hi to all!

As I actually stopped my Fifa Career because of the -1 Bug and EAs complete ignorance about it, I got inspired by the "Good old times"-posts from @Rodchenko and @Matt10 and just bought PES 19 in the PSN Sale. (At least I can't sell it now, as I did with my 2 copies of PES 19 before... :WHISTLE:)

Right now I'm motivated to start a new career tonight after work and as I never digged very deep in the tactic menues in the last years editions, I wonder what to do with the fluid formations. "On the ball" and "off the ball" formations are quite plain to me, but what is meant by "at kick-off"? Is it just a lazy translation again from Konami? I mean, there is no reason to set a formation just for a kick-off situation? Could anybody clear things up for me?

Hold on. You sold PES 2019 twice before and you bought it digital because of some good old times post?

Be cautious with what you read here.

There are about 5 or 6 here guys that could literally take some dog doo off the floor, edit it and make it the best football experience you ever had without sliders.

Edit : Sorry - off topic. As you were, lads.

Oh I missed him... or her!
Welcome to the community, @shumway !!

And btw, you are not alone riding that rollercoaster of buying and selling the game multiple times. :D

To me this is not “healthy” but hey... have fun! ;) :)

What settings are you playing?

Can someone explain manual shooting to me? I have literally missed hundreds of chances.

No matter how and where I aim, my finishing is as bad as Spurs yesterday - straight at the keeper.

I don't like advanced shooting, it's not intuitive at all.

Can someone explain manual shooting to me? I have literally missed hundreds of chances.

No matter how and where I aim, my finishing is as bad as Spurs yesterday - straight at the keeper.

I don't like advanced shooting, it's not intuitive at all.

There was a post by @aussiepesfan a few pages ago which outlined why he didn't get on with manual and tried other settings. (I cannot locate it but I found it interesting)

With full manual if you're making lots of chances that very good news. I don't play 2019 (even though I have a copy) but in 2018 shooting with L2 manual indicator or hitting pass instead of shoot used to come up with interesting results.

Also I'd recommend professional difficulty for manual.

[ Not switching the game off before the final whistle could help too. When you see some BS on the pitch like I just have, I just switch off. These days, I can tell when the game is playing me. ]

Last edited:
@Lami F me!! :D
Needed to up the speed to regular (been playing -1), because with Lami Slider it felt even slower. To slow for my liking. Now it’s good on regular speed.
The CPU seems more vulnerable. I think explosive power downgrade of 20 works wonder. Maybe it’s a little to much but the AI seems different. In a positive way, not so hectic (and this is on regular speed)! I don’t get it. :)
The AI did some crazy thinks. Need to play more. They are more real aka slower on the ball wich gives me more time to get on them in different ways (single or team pressure plus man at stick).
Will adjust all United players before I go on hammering this match!
Been playing with all green form arrows for both teams btw.
Had a lot of cross bar hits (might be down to basic shooting). Yes I try this too. You guys keep me digging deeper and trying stuff. :)
And I’ll up the difficulty now to superstar (keeping basic shooting for now, as I saw a nice curler from Pogba I haven’t seen yet (outside pen area))!

Happy happy because I found some new stuff to keep me busy till 2020 drops! :D
;)

Will be back with more impressions.

Edit: some players end up with very low OVR rating when you edit these 5 thing alone. But I will not care for now!
Nice!

Yeah ignore the OVR. It doesn't matter, unless you're in ML I guess.

Good to see this working and you enjoying it :D

Back
Top Bottom