PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

I, like others, only get real satisfaction in playing championships or careers against the cpu. If it becomes a 100% online game, I'd rather just not touch it anymore at all.
Thats my point. You wouldnt touch it and a lot of people wouldnt touch it either.
And id say 50% of those people, who buy this game purely for offline, will also try online at some stage.
Me, for instance, if there was more filters to play online (team strenght, shooting settings, proper pass assistance settings, co-op filters), id gladly have a go every now and again.
But if offline will get even more shallow and depleted then i wont bother buying it at all. And I believe that goes to many people.
If I knew, before I pre-ordered the game and usb stick with OF, that they removed D2's, id never got it on release day.

i believe the future of pes will be a myclub app on the stores that you pay a subscription for and they will do away with offline

It's looking likely. Offline modes now seem like hassle to Konami. If they wanted they could make a cracking game, resources lay elsewhere, but when playing human v human, the only way I play, the game goes one sided. Passing, shooting and defending becomes completely erratic for one player .

I'm I the only one who sees this when playing against friends?

Right now I'm having enough fun to keep a ML going for the first time since the release of PES 19.
I don't really see that insane scripting that made me quit it before.
Don't know if it is the tactic fix or the patch that did smooth it out.
Not perfect in any form or shape,but good enough for me.

But if they keep going with the "no D2 " concept then I'm out for Pes 20

So i havent tried the game since DP4 on PS4, but do the AI now shoot from outside the box and do they now shoot low.

I seem to remember last time i played PS4 version they fixed the AI running through on goal, and taking range efforts. But the shots always seemed top corner-ish

So i havent tried the game since DP4 on PS4, but do the AI now shoot from outside the box and do they now shoot low.

I seem to remember last time i played PS4 version they fixed the AI running through on goal, and taking range efforts. But the shots always seemed top corner-ish

No i played a game and lost a spam goal to AI straight away first time pass straight through the middle of my defence from their midfielder, my defence had decided to stand 10 meters away from the attacker, who then ran in and blasted straight into the top corner. They never try a chip, or going round the keeper or sloting in a low shot.
Master League is poinless without a D2 , just give us an editable d2 we can assign to any league. Easy fix its just programming.

After my first baby steps with zero assisted passing on Superstar I thought a good way to ease players into fuma would be to "reverse" the function of L2: meaning, when you are on non-assisted settings holding L2 would temporarily switch back to assisted. For keeper throws and in panicky situations this would be quite helpful. At least until you get a grip.

Indeed old bean! Tally-ho!

But please leave the speedboat at home, remember what happened last time!

giphy.gif
Hahahaha :LMAO:

I'm trying this against superstar and holding my own. I'm getting better at defending by keeping off the sprint button as that makes huge holes. However every now and again a defender always seems to step up and leave a gap to exploit. I've tried pulling everyone back and deepline defence

The game is surely better after the update for me.The more noticable difference is that it's slower and more controlled in general.Just played two Old Firm derbies and they felt great.Won as Celtic 3-2 coming up from 0-2,and lost as Rangers 1-2.Superstar 15 min PA1.Even the passing felt a bit slower and more realistic.On 0 speed it had a perfect flow,not very fast nor very slow,just a perfect realistic rhythm.The heaviness and movement momentum feels amazing.Before the patch i played -1 speed but now i'm satisfied with 0.I saw some looser controls and in general it feels smoother.I feel like even the sliding improved a bit and it feels more stable in general.

Someone may say placebo,but i really feel a difference for the better now.As was also the case for 18 which improved with it's latest patches.I didn't feel cheated.They were taken advantage of my mistakes of putting out players out of position and trying to press them.I saw a few shoots from the edge of the box and they also missed some clear chances and 1-on-1's.The ball surely feels a bit looser and heavier.Also saw some fantastic gk reactions but didn't felt op and i also scored a couple of screamers outside of the box with beautiful ball trajectories.
The thing is you have to take your time and watch the replays in slow motion to notice these details.I always like to press pause and watch a replay of a beautiful play.Now if only they give us more replay camera options with height mobility it will be so much better...Do it Konami!

Also it's amazing how much better it looks and feels with a modded turf.I'm using Endo's latest and it's a beauty.Transforms the whole game.I don't like these ugly yellow marks all over the Konami's turf so a modded one really is a must.And also tons of other mods we pc guys can enjoy that makes the overall experience much more enhanced.It's really a shame that you console guys can't have these..I really think that if you could play with all that some of you would like and appreciate this game more.

Waiting for the new Pte update to start a ML with Crystal Palace.After 450 MyClub matches i really feel an urge to try something different for a change and now that i've played some offline matches and liked how it plays after the patch,i think i'm gonna enjoy a ML journey.Still gonna play some online also of course because i'm telling you people,this shit is addictive lol.I've never played online before 19 but since i tried it,it kinda grows on you and you want a little more,although of course it comes with it's annoyances and bullshit also that make you want to hit your head on the wall sometimes.For some reason it's much more nerve breaking to lose and have bullshit happening against you when you play against a human,than when you play against the computer.I guess it's the competitive nature inside us.
I'm watching some Fifa rage videos just for the laughs and i can understand and feel the hustle after having so many online matches myself lol.

The game is surely better after the update for me.The more noticable difference is that it's slower and more controlled in general.Just played two Old Firm derbies and they felt great.Won as Celtic 3-2 coming up from 0-2,and lost as Rangers 1-2.Superstar 15 min PA1.Even the passing felt a bit slower and more realistic.On 0 speed it had a perfect flow,not very fast nor very slow,just a perfect realistic rhythm.The heaviness and movement momentum feels amazing.Before the patch i played -1 speed but now i'm satisfied with 0.I saw some looser controls and in general it feels smoother.I feel like even the sliding improved a bit and it feels more stable in general.

Someone may say placebo,but i really feel a difference for the better now.As was also the case for 18 which improved with it's latest patches.I didn't feel cheated.They were taken advantage of my mistakes of putting out players out of position and trying to press them.I saw a few shoots from the edge of the box and they also missed some clear chances and 1-on-1's.The ball surely feels a bit looser and heavier.Also saw some fantastic gk reactions but didn't felt op and i also scored a couple of screamers outside of the box with beautiful ball trajectories.
The thing is you have to take your time and watch the replays in slow motion to notice these details.I always like to press pause and watch a replay of a beautiful play.Now if only they give us more replay camera options with height mobility it will be so much better...Do it Konami!

Also it's amazing how much better it looks and feels with a modded turf.I'm using Endo's latest and it's a beauty.Transforms the whole game.I don't like these ugly yellow marks all over the Konami's turf so a modded one really is a must.And also tons of other mods we pc guys can enjoy that makes the overall experience much more enhanced.It's really a shame that you console guys can't have these..I really think that if you could play with all that some of you would like and appreciate this game more.

Waiting for the new Pte update to start a ML with Crystal Palace.After 450 MyClub matches i really feel an urge to try something different for a change and now that i've played some offline matches and liked how it plays after the patch,i think i'm gonna enjoy a ML journey.Still gonna play some online also of course because i'm telling you people,this shit is addictive lol.I've never played online before 19 but since i tried it,it kinda grows on you and you want a little more,although of course it comes with it's annoyances and bullshit also that make you want to hit your head on the wall sometimes.For some reason it's much more nerve breaking to lose and have bullshit happening against you when you play against a human,than when you play against the computer.I guess it's the competitive nature inside us.
I'm watching some Fifa rage videos just for the laughs and i can understand and feel the hustle after having so many online matches myself lol.
I couldn't play this pre patch,now I'm enjoying it a great deal.
Just lost a2-1 lead Atalanta Vs Cagliari on a 88th Min own goal,ending 2-2.
Feels weighty,wish the AI could be a bit more sloppy at times,but compared to before,much better.

Don't know about all these placebo stories, but one definite improvement is that my players are now heading in manual shooting. They'd never do it before, neither in the middle of the park, nor in the box. Last night they were responding to my button presses and heading every single time, even scoring a goal too.

Don't know about all these placebo stories, but one definite improvement is that my players are now heading in manual shooting. They'd never do it before, neither in the middle of the park, nor in the box. Last night they were responding to my button presses and heading every single time, even scoring a goal too.
i'm torn between shoot modes, i used to like manual and then went to advanced. With basic though im seeing shot types like volleys etc that i don't see on the other modes, i still use manual passing

i'm torn between shoot modes, i used to like manual and then went to advanced. With basic though im seeing shot types like volleys etc that i don't see on the other modes, i still use manual passing
I am a bit on the crossroads myself.
Since I got used to advanced I never looked back and I love it. But seing all people here praising basic making me want to go and revisit it.

IMG_20190208_141442.jpg Second game of my ML
Bologna at home.
First game back on TP again (played my first on professional)
Good and solid stats
Just wished that CPU could be less clinical in shooting/passing though
IMG_20190208_141602.jpg
IMG_20190208_141533.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190208_141602.jpg
    IMG_20190208_141602.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I'm trying this against superstar and holding my own. I'm getting better at defending by keeping off the sprint button as that makes huge holes. However every now and again a defender always seems to step up and leave a gap to exploit. I've tried pulling everyone back and deepline defence
Are you using matt10l gameplan fix? That does the job for the issue you're experiencing specifically.

However every now and again a defender always seems to step up and leave a gap to exploit. I've tried pulling everyone back and deepline defence

Since the 1.04 update my back line is constantly skinned by a simple 1-2 from the COM. I have two, three, sometimes four instances per game where they run solo at my keeper, usually the first time (and when the score is even) they smash it in the top corner, the other times my keeper saves it or they lob it too far sideways.

I am playing "Deep Defensive Line" as a default in my Advanced Instructions and additionally set the defensive line to the lowest value (1), but my players are still falling for it every time and despite my instructions they are too high up and offside trap never seems to work.

For me it's the "new" low cross spam. It's inflationary how often this happens.

@Rodchenko try leaving player with a ball alone and focus primarily on securing back and following all AI players that are trying to get behind your defense.
I mostly use secondary pressure around my penalty area while Im focused on all the players off the ball. Its more like a chess game, like you said before.
AI is not clever enough to go SOLO or shoot from distance so we mostly have to focus on others.
Personally id love them to surprise me and do some wild solo run, but as it stands you dont have to worry much about player with the ball as he will be trying to find a pass 98% of the time.

@Rodchenko try leaving player with a ball alone and focus primarily on securing back and following all AI players that are trying to get behind your defense.
I mostly use secondary pressure around my penalty area while Im focused on all the players off the ball. Its more like a chess game, like you said before.
AI is not clever enough to go SOLO or shoot from distance so we mostly have to focus on others.
Personally id love them to surprise me and do some wild solo run, but as it stands you dont have to worry much about player with the ball as he will be trying to find a pass 98% of the time.

Thanks, that works well. Actually so well, you don’t want your selected player to defend anymore because he is unreliable, lol. It was though also a problem of my Inter formation. Seems fixed now.

It’s funny but I never used this function, always considered it a bit of a cheat. Came surprisingly far without it but since the update it’s highly needed.

Thanks, that works well. Actually so well, you don’t wuant your selected player to defend anymore because he is unreliable, lol. It was though also a problem of my Inter formation. Seems fixed now.

It’s funny but I never used this function, always considered it a bit of a cheat. Came surprisingly far without it but since the update it’s highly needed.
Its not really cheating. Its actually quite sophisticated in Pes19, as it seems much easier than it actually is. If you abuse secondary pressure it will expose your defense anyway. You need to keep an eye on which player will be performing secondary pressure (next player indicator) and choose wisely when to apply it.
There are also moments, where you will have to switch from secondary pressure into pressurising yourself.
Since I discovered this whole mechanism, and started getting better (defensively), it gives me a lot of satisfaction and fun.
AI could be less predictable and force us to improvise more often, but overall it gives a feeling of a realistic tactical defending when you get your head around it.
Glad it worked for you, pal.

Last edited:
I was on advanced only because I enjoyed hitting hard low shots to the bottom corners, but I needed more variety in outcomes, which both assisted and advanced don't give me.

Now that headers are working in manual, there's a possibility other animations you see in assisted will show up in manual now. Maybe give it a try again.

20190211_002703.jpg @Chuny have u tried this post patch?
I wonder about your opinion coz you were always saying you want to see and feel the difference in players pace. I honestly feel that after last patch you can go on a full speed with fast players and they are much more agile and make sharper turns. It feels good.

Edit:
Tried one match on basic shooting and went back to advanced. Found myself really missing freedom to pick a corner and power..

Also..

Decided to throw a little curveball here as well.
Just had 3 really enjoyable matches in my ML. Two out of 3 were wins with clean sheets (something we were saying its extremely rare in pes19).
And you know the way we say AI is too clinical? Not in the last 3 games they werent.. ;)
(Pic of stats on top for some reason)

Last edited:
Just by switching my camera closer to the ground,almost a broadcast can,game is up a notch in quality.
Being closer to your opponent both in Def and offense is much more enjoyable.

Starting to get decent games,low scoring both ways with a 6-10 ranked (league standing/ranking) is so much fun.
And the mistake/quick fix with me going PA1 is gone,this game should be played on PA0,not for everyone,but still stick to that opinion.

First time in a long time I've played as a middle of the pack team,but feels like you get tough games from both ends of the table,not like I'm playing as Milan /Roma,then weak teams gives you the business and vice versa.
Having fun again

I was on advanced only because I enjoyed hitting hard low shots to the bottom corners, but I needed more variety in outcomes, which both assisted and advanced don't give me.

Now that headers are working in manual, there's a possibility other animations you see in assisted will show up in manual now. Maybe give it a try again.
Manual passing/basic shooting/advanced through ball has been my recipe for a long time,to me it's solid enough,gives you freedom in goalscoring via the manual and advanced passing,then the basic shooting doesn't get repetitive

Manual passing/basic shooting/advanced through ball has been my recipe for a long time,to me it's solid enough,gives you freedom in goalscoring via the manual and advanced passing,then the basic shooting doesn't get repetitive
It still doesn't give me the satisfaction from scoring I need though. I feel completely deflated when i score a goal I never intended, like telling the player to head and he chests then shoots. Or I choose right and he shoots left, and so on.

Has anyone tried Celtic Park on Live Broadcast camera (the one that zooms in and ruins it)? i had one game on that and it didnt zoom in once? Is this a freak occurrence.

@fefepes

Try to see if you can get Gervinho in Ivory Coast

Something similar happend to me with Chamberlain..i couldn't see him in Liverpool,but i was able to find him in National Team.

If you can't see him,you need to get him into National Team...i tried to find Chamberlain in free agents but i didn't found him.

Anyway try this little tips,and see if you can fix it

He shows up on preview panel for ivory coast but he is not in that team when you try to transfer him

i thought these data packs would update the database at least not still rely on live updates all year long

He shows up on preview panel for ivory coast but he is not in that team when you try to transfer him

i thought these data packs would update the database at least not still rely on live updates all year long

Could you bring him into Parma from National team?

Back
Top Bottom