PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

PA0/adv shooting/basic through balls
20mins/prof
Will prob up difficulty soon, since getting more and more clean sheets.
(Master League/second year/95TS)
Havent bought anybody. Default squad plus few youngsters

PA0/adv shooting/basic through balls
20mins/prof
Will prob up difficulty soon, since getting more and more clean sheets.
(Master League/second year/95TS)
Havent bought anybody. Default squad plus few youngsters
I'm on 67 TS...
But it's ok,we've discussed difficulty before,not a big fan of "my" players on professional,but solid CPU behaviour.
My TP is scetchy as hell,im probably going up to SS again

Btw have you scrapped fluid formations?
I'm happy not having it

I'm on 67 TS...

Btw have you scrapped fluid formations?
I'm happy not having it
I did as well.
Big ones for me, in terms of taming AI, were
- changing from "flexible" to "maintain formation" on defense (keeps team in shape and helps with gaps)
- wing back tactics (helps with wing spam)
I play 4-4-2. Solid midfield and a lot of bodies to break COM attacks.

I did as well.
Big ones for me, in terms of taming AI, were
- changing from "flexible" to "maintain formation" on defense (keeps team in shape and helps with gaps)
- wing back tactics (helps with wing spam)
I play 4-4-2. Solid midfield and a lot of bodies to break COM attacks.
I'm on a 3-5-2 formation.
Wing rotation to overload on the wings,and centring targets.

Same philosophy,cramp the middle.
Since editing (Matts fix) it's very solid there

Sorry but this is just false.

If anything, rounding the keepers has become too easy since the patch. Double-tap sprint 45 degrees then roll it into the empty net.

(click for HQ)

Did this in training mode just to capture the video, but it's the same as this in matches. It's almost a guaranteed goal if you are clear of the last defender, I've even seen keepers booked/sent off...
doesn t look real at all, this would never happen in real match, i ve tried it, in previous pes, u could just change sudden direction and keeper would dive or lose balance, and then u score, this doesn t look real at all, as real goalkeeper would dive to intercept, either with feet or hands..

Is R2- shooting still virtually impossible on manual or is that too fixed with the DLC/patch?
Still broken im afraid. Its one of the reasons i finally went back to basic shooting. And when i went to basic i discovered how much more vast the variety was - shot type, errors, player stats, body position, wrong foot. Its obvious that basic is way more developed system...and R2 works n looks amazing without being overpowered. I miss way more than i score.

Now what's this attack support thingy :)

In the roles menu (captain, free-kick takers etc.) the last item you can select up to three players who will come to the front during set pieces and corners. This allows you to have tall CBs join the attack for an eventual headed goal. In FIFA this happens automatically but here you have to 'trigger' it. Worked a few times for me with Smalling and Hummels, really nice. I needed to be told from the guys here about it, though.

The discussion was, whether this only works for set pieces or 'in general'. I had Hummels score at least one tap-in during a 'normal' game situation, but could be that it was right after a corner and he happened to be upfront still. The one thing that still confuses me, though, is that when I go to that menu, Icardi, for example, has a value of 84 (or something) but since he is an attacker anyways, is there an added benefit of assigning this role to him? Anyone know?

Last edited:
What settings are you elitists on?
I'm playing PA0/basic shooting/advance through ball
20 Min TP

I am absolutely non-elitist, PA1 and everything basic. Playing on Superstar, 12 minutes. Also scrapped fluid formation. I have two MLs one with Manchester United (TS 97) another one. which I just started, with Inter (TS after 5 games around 77).

What kind of attack pattern are you guys using? It seems that the only thing that really works against the compact AI is counter-attack and long ball (depending on their line-up either wide or through the middle). With ManU this is easy now, but I tried possession game and flexible with Inter and it's just impossible to penetrate their box. There is simply no space and they are too efficient in reading the pass. I guess if I'd switch to PA0, that would increase my pass options but I am just not ready yet to be this elite...

Thanks for that... I played two more games last night as Bolton . Lost one nil to a French team and 2 nil to Chelsea.top player.. I held out for ages against the French team until they scored from 20 yards.. Chelsea I lost 2 nil both tap ins. Now I would of turned it off but on both chelsea goals using the 2nd man Selector I could see where I'd made the mistake and got dragged to the ball instead of following the runner.. Both goals come late in 2nd half so I'm getting better :)

Why doesn t anyone on this forum answer about the video, people just post whatever they need to without looking at other posts like the one i posted which is a major issue in the game..

Why doesn t anyone on this forum answer about the video, people just post whatever they need to without looking at other posts like the one i posted which is a major issue in the game..

I usually don't respond to posts on issues which I personally don't experience or which I experience but don't consider much of a problem because telling you "I don't have this issue" or "I don't have a problem with this" is the last thing you want to hear.

I guess in this case one can only say: Yes, it's bad (like a few other things in the game) but you either have to live with it or – if it bothers you too much – leave the game altogether.

The game is surely better after the update for me.The more noticable difference is that it's slower and more controlled in general.Just played two Old Firm derbies and they felt great.Won as Celtic 3-2 coming up from 0-2,and lost as Rangers 1-2.Superstar 15 min PA1.Even the passing felt a bit slower and more realistic.On 0 speed it had a perfect flow,not very fast nor very slow,just a perfect realistic rhythm.The heaviness and movement momentum feels amazing.Before the patch i played -1 speed but now i'm satisfied with 0.I saw some looser controls and in general it feels smoother.I feel like even the sliding improved a bit and it feels more stable in general.

Someone may say placebo,but i really feel a difference for the better now.As was also the case for 18 which improved with it's latest patches.I didn't feel cheated.They were taken advantage of my mistakes of putting out players out of position and trying to press them.I saw a few shoots from the edge of the box and they also missed some clear chances and 1-on-1's.The ball surely feels a bit looser and heavier.Also saw some fantastic gk reactions but didn't felt op and i also scored a couple of screamers outside of the box with beautiful ball trajectories.
The thing is you have to take your time and watch the replays in slow motion to notice these details.I always like to press pause and watch a replay of a beautiful play.Now if only they give us more replay camera options with height mobility it will be so much better...Do it Konami!

Also it's amazing how much better it looks and feels with a modded turf.I'm using Endo's latest and it's a beauty.Transforms the whole game.I don't like these ugly yellow marks all over the Konami's turf so a modded one really is a must.And also tons of other mods we pc guys can enjoy that makes the overall experience much more enhanced.It's really a shame that you console guys can't have these..I really think that if you could play with all that some of you would like and appreciate this game more.

Waiting for the new Pte update to start a ML with Crystal Palace.After 450 MyClub matches i really feel an urge to try something different for a change and now that i've played some offline matches and liked how it plays after the patch,i think i'm gonna enjoy a ML journey.Still gonna play some online also of course because i'm telling you people,this shit is addictive lol.I've never played online before 19 but since i tried it,it kinda grows on you and you want a little more,although of course it comes with it's annoyances and bullshit also that make you want to hit your head on the wall sometimes.For some reason it's much more nerve breaking to lose and have bullshit happening against you when you play against a human,than when you play against the computer.I guess it's the competitive nature inside us.
I'm watching some Fifa rage videos just for the laughs and i can understand and feel the hustle after having so many online matches myself lol.

Unfortunately PTE has stopped working on future patches :(

I see it this way: every keeper is different. I wouldn´t like it when EVERY keeper is doing the EXACT SAME THING over and over again.
I don´t experience it like this, that the keeper never comes off his line.
It happens a lot after it was patched. Maybe it doesn´t happen all the time...

Been waiting for the next PTE patch (before I knew they stopped) and played league mode and a cup mode after the update. Those modes feel different. There´s some kind of more freedom on it, hard to describe.

We literally need an option to turn off team spirit in ML!
Every other mode plays a bit better...it must be the damn TS!

I know this is kind of lazy... But... How is this game these days? Especially in Master League. Has it developed in the right direction through patches or is it the same experience, as when first released?

Really miss my Single Player experience. I'm finding myself playing FUT - I'm feeling old.

I usually don't respond to posts on issues which I personally don't experience or which I experience but don't consider much of a problem because telling you "I don't have this issue" or "I don't have a problem with this" is the last thing you want to hear.

I guess in this case one can only say: Yes, it's bad (like a few other things in the game) but you either have to live with it or – if it bothers you too much – leave the game altogether.
It can t not happen to you and happen to me only, means this game has no consistent coding, this means bugs, and it will happen randomly that s what u mean? What the heck is this coding in this game..

Probably because it isn't a blanket issue and keepers do come off their line. I've seen keepers come off their line quite a lot, infact last night i tried to lob one as he was outside the 6 yard box. Certainly vastly improved since release. Could they be better? No doubt yes but is it a game breaker? No

What kind of attack pattern are you guys using? It seems that the only thing that really works against the compact AI is counter-attack and long ball (depending on their line-up either wide or through the middle)
I thought the same.
But now Im actually playing Possession/short pass (wide or centre dependending on them, like you said)
Had to adjust my play style a bit for it tho.
I slowed everything down, started "enjoying" being on the ball, pass sideways and back more often. Slow build up became a habit after a while, but at the beginning I was fighting agaist myself as I was used to quick attacks and I really wanted to go forward.

I watched a lot of clips on youtube and people, who i considered good players, were all saying that Possession gives you more options. But in order to get all the benefits from it, you have to slow things down.
Increasing match time to 20mins helped as I stopped panicking subconsciously, that I NEED to go forward coz time is running out (especially when I was loosing).

I dont think that PA0 gives you advantage in this case. I thought quite the oppossite for a long time. In crowded area, around their penalty box, it was very hard for me to get this accurate, one final pass to open their defense. It was main reason I was going back to PA1 few times. Out of frustration that I cant create any chances..

Bottom line is - for me, personally, you will create more chances on Possession and it will be more realistic and more pleasant experience overall. But it will happen only if you convince yourself, that in order to go forward, sometimes you have to go sideways and back. They will open up and you will have more players going into spaces if you play the ball around.

Ps. You are an elitist whether you want it or not. You're a member of evo-web, so you're an elitist. Reddit people said so, so it must be true!

I am absolutely non-elitist, PA1 and everything basic. Playing on Superstar, 12 minutes. Also scrapped fluid formation. I have two MLs one with Manchester United (TS 97) another one. which I just started, with Inter (TS after 5 games around 77).

What kind of attack pattern are you guys using? It seems that the only thing that really works against the compact AI is counter-attack and long ball (depending on their line-up either wide or through the middle). With ManU this is easy now, but I tried possession game and flexible with Inter and it's just impossible to penetrate their box. There is simply no space and they are too efficient in reading the pass. I guess if I'd switch to PA0, that would increase my pass options but I am just not ready yet to be this elite...
Ha ha
I think you need to move the ball around,also how high is your player movement set (or is it called support settings) either way,how much your team mates comes to give you passing options

I know this is kind of lazy... But... How is this game these days? Especially in Master League. Has it developed in the right direction through patches or is it the same experience, as when first released?

Really miss my Single Player experience. I'm finding myself playing FUT - I'm feeling old.
It's much better,I gave up on it months ago,but returned with this patch

doesn t look real at all, this would never happen in real match, i ve tried it, in previous pes, u could just change sudden direction and keeper would dive or lose balance, and then u score, this doesn t look real at all, as real goalkeeper would dive to intercept, either with feet or hands..
It's not perfect, the keepers should be more aggressive... But your statement "no ability to round the keeper whatsoever" was just totally wrong and my GIF proved it. It's pointless entering a discussion if you are going to come up with stuff like that.

Ha ha
I think you need to move the ball around,also how high is your player movement set (or is it called support settings) either way,how much your team mates comes to give you passing options
Yes! I forgor about this one! This player support is a big one as well. If you set it up to high, they will keep bigger distance and wont be getting closer to you to receive the pass.
As far as I remember it works the opposite to what you might think. High player support doesnt mean you will have a lot of support, it means they will stay further away from you to stretch the play. Low support means they will make more runs towards you.
This high/low describes distance between you and your team mates.
So lower, rather than higher, works well with Possession.

I think big part of me getting much more out of Possession settings, is playing on PA0. I cant make long, accurate passes to benefit from Counter Attack on Manual. So counter attack is pointless for me.
Plus playing on Possession doesnt mean you cant have quick counter.
(And other way around. Counter doesnt mean you cant play Possession. But you will have fewer options as team mates wont be as willing to go into spaces on Counter Attack)

@Lobbedball Glad to know i'm not the only one who is irked by keepers on this game. Since the Fox engine PES's, they've always been a bit robotic. In 19 they're the best they've been this gen but there's still issues like not coming off their line with any urgency running in a straight line like an android when you round them. It's immersion breaking.

Yes! I forgor about this one! This player support is a big one as well. If you set it up to high, they will keep bigger distance and wont be getting closer to you to receive the pass.
As far as I remember it works the opposite to what you might think. High player support doesnt mean you will have a lot of support, it means they will stay further away from you to stretch the play. Low support means they will make more runs towards you.
This high/low describes distance between you and your team mates.
So lower, rather than higher, works well with Possession.

I think big part of me getting much more out of Possession settings, is playing on PA0. I cant make long, accurate passes to benefit from Counter Attack on Manual. So counter attack is pointless for me.
Plus playing on Possession doesnt mean you cant have quick counter.
(And other way around. Counter doesnt mean you cant play Possession. But you will have fewer options as team mates wont be as willing to go into spaces on Counter Attack)
It's important to have the right support setting v your tactics (long/short passing)
One thing Pes does good is making tactics work,it's a deep game,deeper than I've given it credit for.

When it comes to PA0 and hoofing it long under pressure,I think it works excellent,once you get it out from the CPU's first pressure.

I think there's a special tactic for it,I don't use it,but since one of mine is wing rotation,I know I have a striker on the same side as the ball is and I can hoof it long.

Also,advanced through balls/long balls is a thing of beauty,once you've learned it ,it's a good weapon going long.

Besides, I think you'll see a big difference in how much freedom and accuracy you'll get once you're up above professional difficulty.
I know I keep pounding that mate,but you'll figure it out how much more accurate your players are on it Vs professional

When it comes to PA0 and hoofing it long under pressure,I think it works excellent,once you get it out from the CPU's first pressure.
Would love to see some videos of this - it's a strategy (that poor teams use) that you don't see often in football games (it's all tiki-taka)...

Would love to see some videos of this - it's a strategy (that poor teams use) that you don't see often in football games (it's all tiki-taka)...
I'm not hoofing straight up,I try to play it out to my wing,either if I have my LB/RB there,or just out to no one,once you've got it there it's easy hoofing it straight up.

Trying to clear it from your CB often results in CPU getting hold of it again,or simply not long enough to reach over the half way line.

One more thing.. Time for me to get some knowledge.
I was playing local rivals last night (crazy game, 3 red cards - one for me, two for COM) and I was trying this L1 early cross thingy. But it was going all over the place on PA0. I couldnt figure out what is it supposed to do.
Whats the idea behind it?
R2 high cross is straight forward. You can see what it does. But I cant crack this L1.

One more thing.. Time for me to get some knowledge.
I was playing local rivals last night (crazy game, 3 red cards - one for me, two for COM) and I was trying this L1 early cross thingy. But it was going all over the place on PA0. I couldnt figure out what is it supposed to do.
Whats the idea behind it?
R2 high cross is straight forward. You can see what it does. But I cant crack this L1.
I need to start using that as well,last time I tried,I was ended up having “close control” instead:)
Which was good,since I’ve never used it before,and it’s really good.

Back
Top Bottom