PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

@Emroth
Me yesterday playing one of my rivals,so I played it on professional
Got so pissed off that I restarted it on TP
But it's advanced on professional,messy as hell

Here's an older clip when I'm on TP doing almost the same,a bit trickier,but still an advanced through ball

Once you decide to go TP,give advanced a go again

Last edited:
It's kind of funny when you think of it, how small changes can so massively influence the experience of this game. I mean minimizing "support range" alone COMPLETELY changed the game for me now. There is all of the sudden the midfield battles everyone always complained about missing! Suddenly I am dominant and can dictate the flow of the game rather than chasing the AI like a maniac and last-ditching every attack.

As a consequence this also means that we often talk past each other without anyone being wrong. Few weeks ago I'd have said, this game is shit, it's too end to end, there is no midfield, it's all about attack. And someone here could have answered: what are you talking about, I have lots of midfield action. Turns out both of us would have been right, just because one had the support range all the way up, the other all the way down.

Yes, I don´t know why but me and most guys probably, forget about the importance of setting the right tactic on PES. On Fifa, it doesn´t really matter. But here, tactical aspect is so deep. I´ve said it before, that I believed CPU could be countered with our tactics. Thing was the abusive scripting, but it seems to be a bit softer now, wich is good!

Long time no see then.. And just to be sure. Also good in Master League?

What has improved and witch option file do you use?
No option file (Xbox)
I'd say the Cpu plays much more natural,not spamming low crosses etc
More like Pes 17/18
Hard to describe,but it plays very different from when it came out

Yeah it's been a while pal,hope your doing well over at the other side of Öresund

No option file (Xbox)
I'd say the Cpu plays much more natural,not spamming low crosses etc
More like Pes 17/18
Hard to describe,but it plays very different from when it came out

Yeah it's been a while pal,hope your doing well over at the other side of Öresund

Well I'm trying. Busy at the moment, and was pretty frustrated with PES. I'm ready to give it a go again. Forza Calcio !

How about the settings? (prefer pa1)

Thing was the abusive scripting, but it seems to be a bit softer now, wich is good!
It definetely is tuned down. Big time.
I was always screaming about scripting, as even when I was winning, 9/10 times COM would equalize in the 90th+ minute.
It was driving me insane..
Havent seen this in a long time now.
Havent felt cheated in a long time.
But Im always careful when it comes to speaking out loud about those things, as I honestly dont know the reason behind it.
Did I get better defensively?
Did they tune down the scripting?
Is my high team spirit responsible for it?
Or maybe...
Its part of the script to make me feel script-free...... :LOL:
You almost get paranoid thinking about it, haha!
So truth is - I have no idea why. But so far, so good. Matches in my ML are enjoyable and fair.
8th place in the league with Wolves, so almost the same as Wolves IRL.

It's kind of funny when you think of it, how small changes can so massively influence the experience of this game. I mean minimizing "support range" alone COMPLETELY changed the game for me now. There is all of the sudden the midfield battles everyone always complained about missing! Suddenly I am dominant and can dictate the flow of the game rather than chasing the AI like a maniac and last-ditching every attack.

As a consequence this also means that we often talk past each other without anyone being wrong. Few weeks ago I'd have said, this game is shit, it's too end to end, there is no midfield, it's all about attack. And someone here could have answered: what are you talking about, I have lots of midfield action. Turns out both of us would have been right, just because one had the support range all the way up, the other all the way down.

This is so true!
Its really difficult to find a reason behind some of enjoying the game and some of us hating it. There are obvious things, which we can all agree that are missing. But overall experience can vary so fucking much.
And the reason could be as simple as "support range", or containment, or pass support, or even match lenght.. crazy..

I´m I the only one here that keeps reading these posts and feeling the urge to get home and play a couple matches deeply? I mean, study the match, fixing the strategy accordingly and play it like we´re watching a real match?

Yep, that´s my expectation but the reality is I´ll probably get home, kiss my wife and daughter, help cleaning the kitchen after we eat, sit on the couch and wait while she sees the Good Doctor, hoping that she falls a sleep, only to realise I´ll be snoring way before her. Shit, getting old sucks.

Well I'm trying. Busy at the moment, and was pretty frustrated with PES. I'm ready to give it a go again. Forza Calcio !

How about the settings? (prefer pa1)
Good question there
I'm playing PA0
It's a bit stiffer on PA1,like it always has been
I'm on TP,but I guess professional is a good way at start it at,since you've been out for a long time.
I'm on 20 Min which gets a good pace/flow (zero game speed for me)

Next one for me is Inter,then Lazio....

Yep, that´s my expectation but the reality is I´ll probably get home, kiss my wife and daughter, help cleaning the kitchen after we eat, sit on the couch and wait while she sees the Good Doctor, hoping that she falls a sleep, only to realise I´ll be snoring way before her. Shit, getting old sucks.
If it makes you feel better, the reality for me is doing two hours' worth of editing to begin fixing the duplicates that have been added from the last DP and Live Update, then dinner, then watching the Champions League (also known as Pogba v PSG), and then it's either bed-time or I'll squeeze in an extra hour of duplicate-removing.

I'm expecting to be able to actually play at the weekend...

Good question there
I'm playing PA0
It's a bit stiffer on PA1,like it always has been
I'm on TP,but I guess professional is a good way at start it at,since you've been out for a long time.
I'm on 20 Min which gets a good pace/flow (zero game speed for me)

Next one for me is Inter,then Lazio....

Nice mate. Hope you're well in Sweden! Thank you for the answer. Always ready to help ;)

Old as fuck elitist approves your desire to HOPEFULLY get some games going.

Me?
Wife home tmw,me being off work today and tmw,heating up yesterday's pasta,playing a few games,then Roma v Porto and a few games after that.

I really enjoy playing fewer games nowadays,being more careful when setting tactics etc
But bet you all I'm fast asleep in a few hours on the couch

Yeah, we sound like we are spending 90% of the time on Pes... :LOL:
I'll put my daughter to sleep around 8, watch two episodes of something with the wife, have few drinks, she'll fall asleep and around 11 i might get to play few matches, having in mind that I have to get up at 7 tomorrow and bring the little one to playschool. And tomorrow im working nightshift.
What did we do with all the time off before we had families??

I´m I the only one here that keeps reading these posts and feeling the urge to get home and play a couple matches deeply? I mean, study the match, fixing the strategy accordingly and play it like we´re watching a real match?

Haha, so true, though it’s a bit different here: While my wife usually watches her stuff on her smart phone (and regularly falls asleep over it) I can technically use the 75 lcd to play. But my three year old currently doesn’t want to go to bed before 11pm and we agreed on giving here as little screen time as possible. By the time she finally caves in I am half-dead myself, so no play

Will probably try to find a CL stream tonight and study United’s support range against PSG

Im finding it very hard to play those long balls with manual passing, it needs to be directed to perfection otherwise balls are going astray

Man, even worse today... I know I´ll be crazy to pick up the controller right after Porto-Roma... but I doubt I´ll find the oportunity to do it. To much video work to edit, attention to wife and etc... can´t complain though eheh. Morning is coming and I´m home alone till lunch, so I´ll have my revenge ahahah!

The game is made to be end to end, and i guess messing arround with support range will mess up how ur ai will advance forward..

The game is made to be end to end, and i guess messing arround with support range will mess up how ur ai will advance forward..
I disagree. This game can be played both - end to end of with slow build up, depending on you and your settings.

I disagree. This game can be played both - end to end of with slow build up, depending on you and your settings.
I have tried slow build to some extent, but still the ai will score against u in those 2 attempts they will.make on goal, and chances are they will.make 5 attempts and score 2 or.3 of those, so friggin scripted..

Gotta say, some good talk in here lately! :) Nice reading all of you guys posts and getting some good advice.

Anyway, as you might know by now I play mainly Online Divisions and having a good time but I have been struggling with the fact that Manual shooting has the disadvantage of the non working R2- shooting and that right- footed players can do perfect screamers with their left and vice versa (this does'nt bother me that much when it comes to passing for some reason...). And Advanced shooting is just, well, I can't really explain it but it just lacks something for me, weight perhaps?

So, last night I did what is considered a big no- no in the fuma- community (talking about elitists btw...) and went with basic shooting and I was pleasantly surprised! Funny thing is I was missing A LOT of shots, which led me to believe that it is more stat- based than the fuma- community thinks. Because I only use minor teams it seems reasonable. But suddenly I was seeing things I hadn't before, diving headers, new saves from the keepers etc. Great fun!

Oh, in case you were wondering, I have turned off the ability to send messages to me online...(but I can still vision some of those FUMA- boys foaming at their mouth when seeing that GREEN shooting indicator...:D)

Last edited:
One thing I was noticing the last time I played, was the sense that using A button (X on PS) too much, looked like it triggered the CPU perfection on passing and finishing, as a way to punish us, even if it didn´t make sense sometimes. Put it this way, wich is what I believe it should be on Konami´s manual, if there was one: While defending, A button attempts to react against ball carrier, but your controlled player´s intelligence goes down as low as a hungry chicken. The longer you press it, the dumber your players become.

So, I was playing only with positioning, pressing A button just at a few situations, and using a bit more of B button (secondary press), taping here and there, to send my mates, but only when I know I have a chance to take the ball away. CPU suddenly holds the ball a lot more, and misses passes, and even some shots. It does transform the game. Still had the issue of 100% finishing on some matches though, but might give it a try these days to see how it behaves now.

I have tried slow build to some extent, but still the ai will score against u in those 2 attempts they will.make on goal, and chances are they willj .make 5 attempts and score 2 or.3 of those, so friggin scripted..
Like we were saying here earlier - im not saying that Im right and you're wrong, but consider possibility that your experience might be caused by some settings that you use, rather than game being broken at its core.
Look, first Pes related pic from my gallery
20190211_002703.jpg
It actually looks like I was AI with my 3 goals in 3 attempts.

Back
Top Bottom