PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Like we were saying here earlier - im not saying that Im right and you're wrong, but consider possibility that your experience might be caused by some settings that you use, rather than game being broken at its core.
Look, first Pes related pic from my gallery
View attachment 11606
It actually looks like I was AI with my 3 goals in 3 attempts.

Which settings are we talking about?

Which settings are we talking about?
Oh, Lord... if only we knew... :LOL:
Last few pages we were discussing different tactical settings and gameplay approaches. I learned a lot today.
One thing most of us agree on - game experience might vary a lot based on smallest tactical tweaks.
Advanced tactics, containment area, your attacking style, support range, press/secondary press, our own behaviours, even match lenght... its all related and once you can figure it out - it might change your experience by 180°...
We can only speculate what causes @Lobbedball matches to have no build up. Thats why we were all digging into details of our own settings trying to adjust them going forward.

Oh, Lord... if only we knew... :LOL:
Last few pages we were discussing different tactical settings and gameplay approaches. I learned a lot today.
One thing most of us agree on - game experience might vary a lot based on smallest tactical tweaks.
Advanced tactics, containment area, your attacking style, support range, press/secondary press, our own behaviours, even match lenght... its all related and once you can figure it out - it might change your experience by 180°...
We can only speculate what causes @Lobbedball matches to have no build up. Thats why we were all digging into details of our own settings trying to adjust them going forward.

Stop ! Haha..

Well I will try from scratch with normal settings AND challenge mode. Wish me luck!

I wonder if challenge is affecting the CPU behaviour with scripting just to tell a story... I don´t want to believe that, but who knows? Never played the classic version this year, but might try it for a couple matches.

This game is becoming on of my favourite Pes games for sure.
Just lost to Inter 2-0,didn't stand a chance, couldn't threaten them at all,but never felt cheated

Next one Lazio away
Truly tough,went 2-0 after 65 Min,One cross/header and a freekick
But I clawed back with two goals,the last in the 85th Min.
Hade to finish the game one man short with an injury.

And that's when they brought on Immobile,man he's a monster,almost impossible to contain.
Two very good games on TP
IMG_20190212_191723.jpg
Well coached by your brother Simone @Filippo-Inzaghi

This game is becoming on of my favourite Pes games for sure.
Just lost to Inter 2-0,didn't stand a chance, couldn't threaten them at all,but never felt cheated

Next one Lazio away
Truly tough,went 2-0 after 65 Min,One cross/header and a freekick
But I clawed back with two goals,the last in the 85th Min.
Hade to finish the game one man short with an injury.

And that's when they brought on Immobile,man he's a monster,almost impossible to contain.
Two very good games on TP
View attachment 11608
Well coached by your brother Simone @Filippo-Inzaghi

Wow.. I'm ready!
It will be on classic mode though.. Challenge is broken when the expectations is 9th or above in Bologna !

Wow.. I'm ready!
It will be on classic mode though.. Challenge is broken when the expectations is 9th or above in Bologna !
It is only two years old, but this year is more broken than last year's one. I won the Ligue 2 with PARIS FC and next season, my first one in Ligue 1, the club owner asked me to earn a "berth*" in European Competition, i assume Europa League. It is crazy, last year, my mission every first season after promotion was secure the League A, or finish over 9th/12th/14th.

*By the way i googled "berth" and if found in english-greek two definitions 1) bunk on a ship , 2) ship's docking place :P

Last edited:
Had to finish the game one man short with an injury.
Injuries are absolutely brilliant this year. It would be nice to have more details about them or to have medics on the pitch taking players out on a stretcher, but its so refreshing to finally have them in Pes after so many years! I have currently 3 players down in my team and two suspended for 3 matches. I dont remember last Pes where I had to improvise like this when chosing my starting 11.

It's a deep ditch to dig in to
But like we've said earlier today @Chris Davies
@Emroth @xicpanad @slamsoze @PRO_TOO @Rodchenko is so many different things that can make this great/shit.

1 setup
2 tactics
3 advanced tactics
4 how you defend/attack
It's really to tough to handle,but to me how you play the game ,how you value possession,how you defend,also how you attack,/use sprint is the biggest difference in having a good or bad experience

Last but not least,we've been there before,the difference between PA0-PA1 is at least for me,the main trigger for so much in this one.

Injuries are absolutely brilliant this year. It would be nice to have more details about them or to have medics on the pitch taking players out on a stretcher, but its so refreshing to finally have them in Pes after so many years! I have currently 3 players down in my team and two suspended for 3 matches. I dont remember last Pes where I had to improvise like this when chosing my starting 11.
It is mate,huge difference
I'm 9 games in,had 3 one week injuries so far,and now after my last game,one is out two months,and a another one for a week.

My squad (Atalanta) is that deep either,mainly 70-75 ovr,a few 75-80,the rest is under 70
I had to search for a few loan transfers coming January,it's fun that you have to move players around and make good with what you've got.
You play a smaller team to right? (Wolves)

Wow.

What happened with this game? Maybe it's because I haven't played for a long time.

First game with Bologna against Parma. Classic master league. Top player.

A really ugly game. 4 shots from me and 4 from Parma. Intense. 10 fouls. 4 yellow.

2-1.

Really really positive here.
Sounds lovely mate!
Make sure you play Svanberg and Helander a lot:)

Sounds lovely mate!
Make sure you play Svanberg and Helander a lot:)

Helander is in the starter every time. Svanberg is having a tough time with Soriano and Poli in front of him.

Got 2-2 in Bergamo. Actually had a great game. 36 year old Palacio was scoring but in the last 10 minutes flying Atalanta was making two goals with 2 assists from underrated Ilicic.

The good thing is that I ant feeling scripted all over again!

Helander is in the starter every time. Svanberg is having a tough time with Soriano and Poli in front of him.

Got 2-2 in Bergamo. Actually had a great game. 36 year old Palacio was scoring but in the last 10 minutes flying Atalanta was making two goals with 2 assists from underrated Ilicic.

The good thing is that I ant feeling scripted all over again!
It's tough defending at the end of games,I usually (playing 3-5-2) go all the way down on the off/Def scale,and trying to keep possession and drawing free kicks,my last 8-10 Vs Lazio when Immobile came in were sweaty:)

Palacio is really good,is Destro playing well?
I just had Ilicic out for two months with inj...
But Duvan Zapata is My go to guy

You play a smaller team to right? (Wolves)
Yup, Wolves. Second year. I havent bought anybody. Play with default Wolves squad. Got few lads from Youth Academy but thats it. And they are only 70 overall.
I always play smaller teams. Starting as Barcelona or Roma with default players doesnt appeal to me.
Wolves are cool as they have fairly young team.

Ps. My shortest injury is 4 weeks, other two 12 and 10 weeks.. proper kick in the bollox.

Yup, Wolves. Second year. I havent bought anybody. Play with default Wolves squad. Got few lads from Youth Academy but thats it. And they are only 70 overall.
I always play smaller teams. Starting as Barcelona or Roma with default players doesnt appeal to me.
Wolves are cool as they have fairly young team.

Ps. My shortest injury is 4 weeks, other two 12 and 10 weeks.. proper kick in the bollox.
Agree on the fun with smaller clubs,even though I usually start with Milan,but they're rubbish anyway
I usually go for a club with a stadium.

My main.reason for Milan (Pes 15-18) is the depth they have with players 18-20,probably had 6-7 that evolves to stars.
But Atalanta right now is fun,pretty decent top 5-10 team

I'm awaiting my long inj and suspensions.
That was a no go for me on FIFA,only one game suspensions

I have tried slow build to some extent, but still the ai will score against u in those 2 attempts they will.make on goal, and chances are they will.make 5 attempts and score 2 or.3 of those, so friggin scripted..

Try starting with Counter/Short Pass/Center support range all the way down (1 bar). Defensively I would go for Frontline Pressure/Middle/Conservative and Compactness to around 5 or 6

In Advanced Instructions you can Swarm the Box and set Wing Backs. You could even be more defensive by using two DMFs which you set to ‚Defensive‘ in the Attack Instructions (yeah, go figure).

When the COM switches to red lower your Att/Def level to blue and temporarily switch attack to long ball. Focus on defending, though and wait with the attacks until the COM is back on grey or blue.

While defending try Emroths approach, ever so slightly pressing the secondary pressure button when they cross midfield, but don‘t exaggerate.

Of course, this only makes sense with compact teams who sit back themselves. When facing Liverpool you’d have to completely switch tactics.

Little bit off topic
Check out @PTE_Patch’s Tweet: This is 3rd or 4th announcement from good/known Pes editors/modders in the recent weeks. Its getting a little bit worrying. Even tho I never used any mods (Ps4) its sad to see them going. If I was one of the Konami heads I would start worrying. Pes was always about editing and modding. If these people turn away from the series - Konami might really suffer.
On the other hand - this might be a wake up call that they need to start putting more effort into the series.

It's tough defending at the end of games,I usually (playing 3-5-2) go all the way down on the off/Def scale,and trying to keep possession and drawing free kicks,my last 8-10 Vs Lazio when Immobile came in were sweaty:)

Palacio is really good,is Destro playing well?
I just had Ilicic out for two months with inj...
But Duvan Zapata is My go to guy

Duvan Zapata should be your go-to-guy. What a season in real life.

Palacio was in due to form and scored right away.. So in that regard. Yes!

Destro just played one fantastic match for my Bologna team - with a fantastic goal also! Orsolini is so far my best player. Really good player.

Duvan Zapata should be your go-to-guy. What a season in real life.

Palacio was in due to form and scored right away.. So in that regard. Yes!

Destro just played one fantastic match for my Bologna team - with a fantastic goal also! Orsolini is so far my best player. Really good player.

God yes,Duvan has 16 goals so far,insane!
That Destro goal is filthy

It's happening in Pes too.

Myclub coins removed from Pes in Belgium.

DzOyWcWVYAA5bT1.jpg:large

It's the only hope we have that (if every other European country follows) both games will actually try to improve the quality of the game instead of finding new ways to sell coins.

It's happening in Pes too.

Myclub coins removed from Pes in Belgium.

DzOyWcWVYAA5bT1.jpg:large

It's the only hope we have that (if every other European country follows) both games will actually try to improve the quality of the game instead of finding new ways to sell coins.

Good news!

Back
Top Bottom